Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor Approved

Hello,

I got a call from lawyer today, that my labor is approved.

CA, RIR EB2
PD : Oct 3 2002
Regional : August 2003
PBEC 45 day letter recvd Feb 9 2005
45 day Letter replied Feb 10 2005

Labor Approved May 12 2006

dc4opera said:
The PERM was filed through my lawyer. We started the advertising process in late February and filed electronically on April 26th. Therefore, if you plan everything out well (meaning you know the numbers of the newspapers, you know how to place ads on the websites, etc.), the preparation should not take more than about 2 months.

Given the intricacies of the PERM form I would not recommend doing it on your own. Each of the forms of recruitment have specific timings that need to be carried out correctly. One misjudgement could ruin the whole thing.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply. I filed LC EB3 in Dec 2002 and am thinking about filing PERM under EB2. How much did your lawyer charge you for the PERM filing only?

octlc2002 said:
Hello,

I got a call from lawyer today, that my labor is approved.

CA, RIR EB2
PD : Oct 3 2002
Regional : August 2003
PBEC 45 day letter recvd Feb 9 2005
45 day Letter replied Feb 10 2005

Labor Approved May 12 2006

Congratulations!

So far the pattern that I'm seeing is consistent. They go by the RD if a case was already in the region (regardless of PD)...still many sleepless nights :(
- RD (10/2004)
- PD (07/2002)

Taurus06 said:
Congratulations!

So far the pattern that I'm seeing is consistent. They go by the RD if a case was already in the region (regardless of PD)...still many sleepless nights :(
- RD (10/2004)
- PD (07/2002)

At least they are processing the case right now. any approval for one day is better than nothing for couple of months

Taurus06 said:
Congratulations!

- RD (10/2004)
- PD (07/2002)

This is what I said earlier. One should have all these 3 Dates earlier in comparison to others to get approved

RD/PD/45 day letter.

Labor4Ever said:
I'm a silent reader for a while, and on the verge of going crazy...I have seen some approval recently for CA RIR between July and October of 2002. Mine is CA EB2/RIR with priority date of March 2002, and wondering if there are someone else in the similar time frame still waiting...

PD : 03/2002
P-04307-xxxx
CA, EB2/RIR
RD : 05/2003
PBEC : 10/2004
45 Letter
Rcvd : 02/2005
Resp : 02/2005

Did you check with your Attorney today ????

Labor Approved

Hi Guys, I would like to share good news... finally after 3yrs 8 months my labor was approved. This thread was very informative and thanks for everyone's support. I just got an email from my lawyer and here are the details...

VA, EB2, RIR
Priority Date : October 31,2002
Receipt Date : June 22, 2004
BEC Case Number: P-04282-*****
45 Days Letter Received : Feb 16th 2005
Replied : March 8th 2005
Bachelors plus 5years experience and job requirement is also the same...

Hope i had given all the details.. let me know if you require anything... Good luck everyone and see you all in next stages...

Cool. Any approvals for Nov. 2002 PD .

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Hi Guys, I would like to share good news... finally after 3yrs 8 months my labor was approved. This thread was very informative and thanks for everyone's support. I just got an email from my lawyer and here are the details...

VA, EB2, RIR

Hope i had given all the details.. let me know if you require anything... Good luck everyone and see you all in next stages...

Waiting for approval from PBEC

Just wanted to share my info..

NC, EB3, Non RIR
Priority Date : 22-JAN-2002
DOL atlanta - July 2004
45 Days Letter Received : OCT 10th 2005
45 day Letter Replied on : OCT 10th 2005 same day
BEC Case Number: P-0501........
on 8th yr extension now

An open letter to President (version)

Dear immigrants:

I have re-written the letter after I gather some ideas from this forum and listened to the President’s speech last night. Since a lot of people are paying high attention to illegal immigration issue and media concern this issue a lot too. So I still put a few suggestions for illegal immigration issue, which may have more people to read this letter.

I appreciate many people contribute opinions. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t leave information. Please note that every individual case information is very important part of this letter. If there are only 5 people, the powerful people or media may not pay attention to this letter. Don’t wait or keep silent. Please contact more legal immigrants and put the case information in the bottom of this letter soon. We need to send this letter out as soon as possible.

Bluesky

President George W. Bush
The President of the United States
U.S. White House
Washington, D.C. 20001

An open letter to President George W. Bush

Dear Mr. President:

We write to endorse your admirable commitment to immigration issues. Recently, more and more illegal immigrant issues are in the newspaper and on television. How about the problem with legal immigration system? Is America a real welcoming country? We, as skilled legal immigrants, have been facing the tremendous delays and problems in our green card process.

1. Backlog labor certificates
Some of us have been waiting for labor certificates several years and still waiting without knowing anything, when and whether we can get approval or not. We cannot change our job when another position is more fitting to us and the employer cannot find this kind of skilled person during our endless waiting.

2. 45 day letter:
After backlog case is entered into system, 45 day letter will be sent to the employers / attorney who must reply to this letter within 45 days, otherwise the case will be closed. But the backlog centers send 45 day letters are random. We are unable to trace our case status and don’t know the process time schedule. In case 45 day letter mail is missing, miss delivery or employer has replied to the letter, but backlog center hasn’t received it, all of those things happened are resulting in our case being closed, but we are still waiting until we receive a cased closed notice. Some cases are closed by error. Some people who submitted application in 2001 haven’t got a 45 day letter yet.

3. “First in, first out” rule:
As a matter of fact, many labor certificate approvals come out without an order. Some people have been waiting more than four years and are still waiting, but some people who submitted their applications in 2003 and even in 2004 have got labor certificate approval!

4. Immigration processing retrogresses:
Even if we get labor certificate approval finally, we need to file 140 Form which may take several months to years. After #140 approval, because of retrogress ((#485 cut off date is May 1, 2001 for EB3, it's more than 5 years behind now. it moved only 4 months in the past more than two years!), we may still have to wait several years before we can file #485 and apply for advance parole which allow us to travel. Our work visa has to be extended again and again while waiting. Our spouse with H4 visa can’t go to work. We can’t make long term plans for ourselves and our family’s future. We heard that there are about 145K unused EB3 quotas during 2001-2004 due to the serious delay in green card process. Some people are planning to go back to their motherland country or other countries where skilled people are welcomed. Some of our friends who are in foreign countries have no intention of moving to USA after they hear our stories. The USA may lose some highly educated and skilled people.

All of the above are based on facts and our experiences. We earnestly request you, Mr. President, to pay high attention to legal immigrant issues. We have below petitions:

1. “First in, first out” rule, every stage of green card process must follow this rule. There are too many backlog cases which may be messed up; it’s hard for the backlog center to get every single case done orderly, so the priority date should go through all processes no matter when the approval of Labor Certificate and #140 is issued.
2. The Labor of Department makes public the process time schedule at least once a month. Applicants can trace their case status from internet.
3. To speed up the green card process.
4. Someone who has been staying in the USA more than five years or working in the USA more than three years should be free to get a travel visa to travel especially to their motherland no matter in what the stage of his/her green card.
5. Someone who has been working in the USA more than five years, his/her spouse should be allowed to get work permission.

Mr. President, we know you are worrying about this homeland’s security and illegal immigrant issues. We also concern about these issues and read your proposal about illegal immigrant issue. We have below suggestions for your reference.

1. Illegal immigrants in the United State:
Set up fast and simple channel for the qualified illegal immigrants to get temporary work visa but not allow them becoming US citizen unless they re-enter to USA with legal documents then go through the same path to citizenship as legal immigrant. They will bring positive information to the people who want to come to USA that the United State is a nation of laws and there is no any hope to become citizenship if anyone enters this country illegally.
2. New illegal immigrants
Leave digital fingerprint and deport them immediately. If they are caught again, they will be denied to enter USA forever. Give all new illegal immigrants this information and US new immigration law before deport them.
3. Open the legal channel widely for the people who are qualified to come to USA and make illegal immigrant very tough to survive here. This is the key to prevent illegal immigrants.

We have more detail thoughts for above suggestions. If you are interested in more details, we will write you another letter.

Dear President, all of us are skilled people and paying taxes. We would like to contribute our intelligence and skills to this country’s economic and advance technology development, but we have endless worry and pain waiting for a green card! We are suffering!

For most of us who go through the labor certificate process, it seems that we may have to spend a decade to go through the entire employment-based green card process if we are lucky enough to get it. If we fail to get approval in any stage, we may have to leave this country soon. It is a very long green card journey. The journey is in the darkness. Many of us haven’t visited our family members and friends in our motherland country for many years because of green card problem. Also, it is hard for our family members to get US visas to visit us. We are very homesick; we miss our family members and friends so much. We can’t stand being apart from our family especially when our parents are very sick, but we are unable to take care of them. Some people even missed seeing their parents one last time before they passed away. Dear President, you have a family, therefore you can imagine how tough it is for us. We have lost our freedom in some way!

Mr. President, we are looking forward to your solving both legal and illegal immigrant problems successfully during you are in office.

Sincerely,
Legal Immigrants’ Ally

Number State/Category PD 45 day letter Stage E-mail
No.1 NJ/EB3/RIR Aug. 2002 Sep. 2005 LC Bluesky133@hotmail.
2.TN/EB3 Apr. 2001 I-485
3. CSC/EB3 Mar. 2002 I-140
4.TN/EB3/RIR Mar. 2004 May 2005 LC
5. CA/EB2/RIR Dec.2002 Feb. 2005 LC

09/2002 VA ,EB2-- still waiting

It seems that my PD is one month before your, but still pending....

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

VA, EB2, RIR

Any body in range of June 2002/NY/EB3 RIR

Was trying to search in the Forum but could not find out any one in similar range. Any log/excel spreadsheet where i can look the pattern for NY? Any input/guidance is appreciated.

NY, EB3, RIR
Priority Date : June 12 ,2002
BEC Case Number: P-05116-*****
45 Days Letter Received : Jan 19th 2006
Replied : Jan 19th 2006

bluesky133 said:
An open letter to President (version)

Mr. President, we know you are worrying about this homeland’s security and illegal immigrant issues. We also concern about these issues and read your proposal about illegal immigrant issue. We have below suggestions for your reference.

1. Illegal immigrants in the United State:
Set up fast and simple channel for the qualified illegal immigrants to get temporary work visa but not allow them becoming US citizen unless they re-enter to USA with legal documents then go through the same path to citizenship as legal immigrant. They will bring positive information to the people who want to come to USA that the United State is a nation of laws and there is no any hope to become citizenship if anyone enters this country illegally.
2. New illegal immigrants
Leave digital fingerprint and deport them immediately. If they are caught again, they will be denied to enter USA forever. Give all new illegal immigrants this information and US new immigration law before deport them.
3. Open the legal channel widely for the people who are qualified to come to USA and make illegal immigrant very tough to survive here. This is the key to prevent illegal immigrants.

We have more detail thoughts for above suggestions. If you are interested in more details, we will write you another letter.

we don't need to give suggestion to illegal immigrant as we are stressing out to cover ourself.

The letter is long enough already explaining our situation (our pain and suffering as legal immigrant trying to get greencard and has to see our carrer path down to hill as we can't move forward ) so why bother give Mr President suggestion about illegal immigrant.

If I can add in to the letter is for security. Just incase we've got lay off or our company closing in the midle of GC processed that we don't have to be out of status immediately but give us time at least 3-6 month to find another job or prepare our self either to change status, sell our things before go back home and start all over again.
or at least for people that has been waiting for GC for more than 3 years and in at least second H1b Extension to be able to adjust their status or at least get EAD besides advance parole to travel.

Aren't we prove our self long enough that we are worthy in this country by able to stay in the work force during economy hardship for that long, paying our tax, donate to non profit organization,volunteer in any occasion, be a good resident by stay out of trouble, stay behind the shadow to make sure nothing jeopardize our status and not able to enjoy any priviledge this country offer such as scholarship, medicare, loan and other resident and citizen who paid tax can have.

but who are we to request such as priviledge.

like some people say this is just my 2 cent.

Hope all of us can get out of this mess soon :)

alex10dc said:
It seems that my PD is one month before your, but still pending....

Whe did you send in the 45 day letter to PBEC and when your File went to Regional. These two alos counts for FIFO I think

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

VA, EB2, RIR

Do you know if your case reached the region and when?
Some awaiting members have the same date ranges with yours but I'm assuming that your case has an earlier RD. Please confirm. TIA

Case received date

I checked the screen shot received several month back and the case received date 11/01/2004. What case received date, PBEC is processing?
So far, I was not worried at all. But now, I am anxious and loosing my sleep.
How long? Does any of our GODs know?

saknia said:
Whe did you send in the 45 day letter to PBEC and when your File went to Regional. These two alos counts for FIFO I think

Labor clearance for WV state?

Did anyone received the approval from the WV(Pittsburgh) state?. I didn't see any details about it. Please update your comments.

CA labor approved

Finally my labor is approved......

3 more people from our firm got approved.

Our labor was filed from CA, around October 18, 2002 EB3 (RIR)

Thanks one and all for valuable input all along.

Inja

Labor Approved

Finally it is my turn to share good news (didn't think this day will ever come!). After 3 yrs and 7 months labor was approved. Copy of Approval letter dated May 8 was sent by employer today.Thanks to this forum for providing so much information and support to clueless sufferers stuck in this labor mess.Hope all you guys are out of this blackhole at the earliest.
CA, EB2, RIR
Priority Date : October 22,2002
Receipt Date : Sept 09,2003
BEC Case Number: P-04323-*****
45 Days Letter Dated : March 10,2005
Replied : March 16th , 2005
BTech + 15 years experience and job requirement is BS+10 yrs...

Let me know if you require any further information. Good luck to everyone and see you all in next stages.