Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

talash4gc said:
Hello All,
I know this is not right place to post this,please pardon me.

I have Indian 3yr degree + 1 year PGDCA(Post graduate Diploma in Computer Applications).I have 5+ experience before the current employer who had applied for Labor.My state labor is cleared and Federal is stuck in Philadelphia BEC.

I heard that 3 years Degree + 1 yr PGDCA is equivalent of Bachelors Degree.
Will I have any problems in I-140 & I-485 stage.
from immigration-law.com

05/09/2006: BS or MS Degree and Equivalence and NSC Position

This has been a challenging issue for the NSC. Since all the I-140 petitions are filed with the NSC and at least the half of the cases will be adjudicated by the NSC, it is important to learn the NSC's positions on the following issues. According to the NSC Director, the following are the current positions of NSC:
o Bachelor or Master degree must meet two requirement: One is the number of years in schools. Second is the specialty courses. From these standards, the NSC appears to take the following positions:
>> 12 years in elementary and high school + 3 year Bachelor of Science degree in India + 2 years of Post Graduate Diploma or Master degree = Not Equivalent to a Master's degree for the reason that generally 18 years in school is required for a master's degree. Since one of post graduate program is taken out for Bachelor's degree equivalency, it may not necessarily prove a master's degree, according to the NSC. Such background may likely be used to prove a bachelor's degree equivalency.
>> 12 years in elementary and high school + 3 year Bachelor of Science degree in India + 3 years of Post Graduate Diploma or Master degree= Master degree equivalent.
>> 13 years in elementary and high school in European countries + 3 year Bachelor of Science degree= Maybe equivalent to a Bachelors degree in the U.S.
>> Two 2-year degrees at the same level = Not equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. Accordingly, two AA degrees will not make a Bachelor's degree equivalent. The opinion may be different if the second 2-year program requires the first 2-year degree as prerequisite to the admission.

NSC also confirms the following policies:
>> Alternative requirement of "MS + 1 year Experience or BS + 3 or 4 year Experience" in the Labor Certification = Not qualified for EB-2
>> Stand-alone BS + 5 years of progressive experience without the alternative requirement of MS in the Labor Certification = Qualified for EB-2.

cantstandit said:
hi Nyprog, from your case id, your letter has already been generated, but don't wait too long, because if there's a mishap with the letter, your case could be closed ... have your HR write a letter to PBEC confirming your case is valid, so you won't get it closed wrongfully. It's worth doing.

I was actually thinking about it- my HR is ready to send whateer I want- so is my lawyer- they work hands and gloes with me- we just going to wait few weeks and if we don't get it- we'll send letter

CA Oct 15 2002 approval EB3

#131 11th May 2006, 12:23 AM
labor2006
Registered User Join Date: May 2006

Labor approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HR emailed me today that my labor was approved.

Big thanks to Saknia for all the info.

PD: 10/15/2002
RD: Sept 2003
State: CA, EB3
BEC: Philadelphia
P04310-
45-day recieved: 02/2005

Waiting for long...

Greenways,
Iam also from Atlanta GA with PD of Nov-02 and RD of Jun-03 stiil waiting for the certification. 45 Days replied on Feb-06.

avala

GREENWAYS said:
I am following this thread atleast for the last 4 to 5 months. Almost all the time coming across a VA or CA or NY... approvals. Are there any one with waiting for GA Labor. Per my Attorney et al, my case went to PBEC. I'm skeptical if they are tracked in a different forum. Can some one help please.,

RIR GA EB3
SWA PD: March 13,2003
DOL RD: July 02,2003
45 day letter Received/sent: February 2005
Case # P-05012-XXXXX
Case Status : RIR

Hi

I have been a silent member for this forum...My labor got approved this week. My details are as below. Hope you guys get your approval soon...

MD July 2002 RIR EB3 Case# P-051533-***

Thanks a bunch for all of you guys for the info provided so far!!

congrats and a question !!

maryland0702 said:
Hi

I have been a silent member for this forum...My labor got approved this week. My details are as below. Hope you guys get your approval soon...

MD July 2002 RIR EB3 Case# P-051533-***

Thanks a bunch for all of you guys for the info provided so far!!

Congrats !!

Can you share more details with us like when did you get 45 day letter ?

Can someone tell me what is this P number and how can I get this or to whom need to ask for this ?

PD: 02/13/2003
RD: JUL 2004
State: VA, EB3
45-day recieved: 03/2005

saknia said:
You have PD of Nov 2004 and you are just strating second 3 year. It is better for you to file PERM and Forget about this PBEC mess. Do it now and you will never regret that decision

Saknia,

I knew about this mess a over a year ago, I aksed HR in my company to file PERM. The HR guy said the Lawer did not think it would help, I thought he was lying and still do. But there was nothing I could do.
I do have one question with regards to Lawyers payed by my company, Are they the company lawyer, my lawyer or both? Anyone know?
THX,
Kiko99

The lawyer is hired and paid by your company. So it is the company's lawyer. What you say, write, tell them is NOT priviledged information and can be forwarded to the company.

Kiko99 said:
Saknia,

I knew about this mess a over a year ago, I aksed HR in my company to file PERM. The HR guy said the Lawer did not think it would help, I thought he was lying and still do. But there was nothing I could do.
I do have one question with regards to Lawyers payed by my company, Are they the company lawyer, my lawyer or both? Anyone know?
THX,
Kiko99

EB2 Req : Req

Hi Justdoit :

To your finds , my question is
I have a 2 years MS in Computer Science from india , and 3 BS in Computer science and Egg
and total of 5 years of experience before applying for LC under EB2 RIR
do you see any issues for LC approval , and I 140

Any help is truely appreciated.

Thanks,
:)

NJ Sep 30 2002 RIR EB2 Approval

11th May 2006, 11:26 AM
NJfarmer
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2005

NJ Sep 02 approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From another thread.

11th May 2006, 11:18 AM
joshvj
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2005

Labor Approved

I have been watching this forum for quite sometime and have gained tremendous information from all the posts. My labor (PD Sept 2002, RIR , EB3) was approved yesterday . It looks like they are processing Aug/Sept cases. Some ppl in my company around the same PD's have recieved approvals too. Hang in there guys there is hope ... Time to vent my frustration on the I-140/485 bulletien boards now..

NJFarmer
09/30/02 RIR EB2 NJ
45 letter: 09/23/05

It's on top of the 45 letter. Do you or your HR keep a copy of the 45 letter? P means data entry completed.

raj_gl said:
Can someone tell me what is this P number and how can I get this or to whom need to ask for this ?

PD: 02/13/2003
RD: JUL 2004
State: VA, EB3
45-day recieved: 03/2005

Congratulations! Compare to us poor EB3 guys, you should laugh in dreams. When you vent your frustration on the 1-140/485 forum, better not to say you are a EB2.....:0)

saknia said:
11th May 2006, 11:26 AM
NJfarmer
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2005

NJ Sep 02 approval

I have been watching this forum for quite sometime and have gained tremendous information from all the posts. My labor (PD Sept 2002, RIR , EB3) was approved yesterday . It looks like they are processing Aug/Sept cases. Some ppl in my company around the same PD's have recieved approvals too. Hang in there guys there is hope ... Time to vent my frustration on the I-140/485 bulletien boards now..

NJFarmer
09/30/02 RIR EB2 NJ
45 letter: 09/23/05

rikki said:
Hi Justdoit :

To your finds , my question is
I have a 2 years MS in Computer Science from india , and 3 BS in Computer science and Egg
and total of 5 years of experience before applying for LC under EB2 RIR
do you see any issues for LC approval , and I 140

Any help is truely appreciated.

Thanks,
:)
Depends on the education & experience requirements in your labor application.

Not NJfarmer, it's Joshvj who got approval

I hope it were me but it's not. I came across this from NJ State tracker. Joshvj, who has a PD of Sep02 (don't know exact date) got approval. He has Eb3.
I wish all of us will get out of this hell soon.

Another way to get out soon might be keeping silent.

NJfarmer

PBECVictim10000 said:
Congratulations! Compare to us poor EB3 guys, you should laugh in dreams. When you vent your frustration on the 1-140/485 forum, better not to say you are a EB2.....:0)

45 day letter finally (NY FEB 2002 case)

Just got the Information from my company that they have received 45 day letter for my case. Some progress after 4+ years of wait...

State: NY
Type: EB3 RIR
ETA#: P-05132-10XXX
PD: 25 Feb 2002
45 Day letter received: 02 May 2006
45 Day letter replied: In process
H1B 9th yr applied