Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

BEC Labor pending but PERM got APPROVED!

I have been waiting for Labor Certification since Dec. 2003 (FL SWA --> Atlanta DOL --> Philly BEC). Because of the long delays at Philly BEC, we decided to file PERM earlier this year and application was submitted April 26, 2006. I checked the PERM website today 5/11/06 and my PERM has been approved! YAHOO!!!

Please update my entry on the tracker to reflect the PERM approval. If there's any way for you to file under PERM I definitely think it's the way to go. It took all of 15 days! Compare that to the almost three years of waiting for nothing to come from Philly BEC!

On to I-140 and I-485. Good luck to all!

Dan
dc4opera
:)

ScreenShot mismatch

Guys,

Need some quick advice. I recently requested a screenshot from PBEC, and the "Prevailing Wage" and "Rate of Pay" column values are indentical. They are way to less and are different than the original values that I recieved in previous screenshot I had requested a year ago.

I am not sure what I need do. My lawyer is a typical assh... so I need some advice from this forum.

Please let me know.

Good luck to all of us!!!

were you able to hold on to your PD or is your PD now 4/26/06?

please reply, i am considering PERM as well.

dc4opera said:
I have been waiting for Labor Certification since Dec. 2003 (FL SWA --> Atlanta DOL --> Philly BEC). Because of the long delays at Philly BEC, we decided to file PERM earlier this year and application was submitted April 26, 2006. I checked the PERM website today 5/11/06 and my PERM has been approved! YAHOO!!!

Please update my entry on the tracker to reflect the PERM approval. If there's any way for you to file under PERM I definitely think it's the way to go. It took all of 15 days! Compare that to the almost three years of waiting for nothing to come from Philly BEC!

Dan
dc4opera

Congrats !!

dc4opera said:

Dan
dc4opera

Congrats !! Did you file a separate application or coverted existing one ?

Any PA case with PD later than 2002 June got approved?

Did any PA case with priority date later than 2002 June got approved from PBEC?

Thanks
Sam

State: PA
PD – 2003 April
45 days letter received and replied in 2005 Jan.

CA Sep 23 2002 EB2 approval

eun
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2005

My LC approved today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all and your helps.
I have opened this site many times a day
and checked new approvals.

My information
PD 09/23/2002 CA EB2
RD 08/19/2003 SF
45 03/23/2005 PBEC
Approval 05/11/2006

Good Luck all !!

2004 Dec. South Carolina Case Recieved 45 day letter

Please add me in the track. See details as below:

Case Source: South Carolina
Priority Date: Dec. 2004
ETA Case #: P-05222-XXXXX
Letter Recieved: May 5th, 2006.
Letter Replied: Not Yet, :mad: (waiting for correction materials)

Hi, guys, got a problem here. Hope some "big guns" could give some clues. Any idea would be appreciated. With my 45 day letter, PBEC sent me a "correction list" in which it says that " Verification of the employer is completed during the initial review. We were unable to verify the employer's existence. To continue your application, you must submit a copy of business license and state registrition, bla bla".

It's very wierd since my company is a pretty huge consulting firm with over 50 offices and over 1000 employees. How couldn't PBEC verify its existence? Called my lawyer, and he had no clue except to ask me to provide those materials. "Don't mess up with PBEC. Give them everything they ask or they will have a very good excuse to close your case and report that they have finished one more case", another lawyer said.

Any idea, ladies and gentlemen?

Just send what they ask for

PBEC asked us about the same information (even though the company I work for is Fortune 5). Don't know why they had problems.

We sent the Articles of incorporation to them along with the reply of 45-day letter. My company also had an alternate address (address of same location but spelt a little bit different). My lawyer suggested to send that address too with the reply.

--pmat

cnool said:

Hi, guys, got a problem here. Hope some "big guns" could give some clues. Any idea would be appreciated. With my 45 day letter, PBEC sent me a "correction list" in which it says that " Verification of the employer is completed during the initial review. We were unable to verify the employer's existence. To continue your application, you must submit a copy of business license and state registrition, bla bla".

It's very wierd since my company is a pretty huge consulting firm with over 50 offices and over 1000 employees. How couldn't PBEC verify its existence? Called my lawyer, and he had no clue except to ask me to provide those materials. "Don't mess up with PBEC. Give them everything they ask or they will have a very good excuse to close your case and report that they have finished one more case", another lawyer said.

I got the same correction list from PBEC in 2005. I am working for a fortune top 10 company and the world 2nd biggest company that has 350k employees globally, PBEC questioned the existence of my company....because the LC was filed from the location I am working, not the HQ of the company...My lawyer printed out my company's 2004 annual report, also attached a phone list of the location I am at (because PBEC claimed they used the phone # listed on the application form to check company name on Internet and it didn't come out my company's name. Of course not, the phone # in application form is my boss's direct line and is not published all over on the Internet). All PBEC needs to do is to call the number and they will know right away what is the company....Anyway, haven't heard anything from PBEC, I am not 100% sure if this is going to work but my lawyer said this the best she can do.

cnool said:

rikki said:
Hi Justdoit :

To your finds , my question is
I have a 2 years MS in Computer Science from india , and 3 BS in Computer science and Egg
and total of 5 years of experience before applying for LC under EB2 RIR
do you see any issues for LC approval , and I 140

Any help is truely appreciated.

Thanks,
justdoit said:
Depends on the education & experience requirements in your labor application.

What justdoit said is right. It depends on what has been said in Line 14 & 15 of your labor. Not to scare you all, among the 4 service centers Nebraska is tough when deciding about Education evaluation and Vermont is not that tough as Nebraska but then it is not lenient too.

My case is similar to yours, as I got my BSc and MSc in Comp Sci from India and I was not sure as to what was going to happen when I file my 140. My labor mentioned BS and was sure that my 140 will be rejected because Indian Bsc is 3 years and in US its 4 years. What unitednations advised me was to get my Msc evaluated equivalent to US masters and then file my 140. I think that helped me and I got my 140 approved.

The irony in this whole issue is that when you file for you "H1" you do a labor cert from the DOL stating that your education is fine for the job. But when you go to file your "140" it says the same education is not fine for the job. Both are similar Government departments with different viewpoints. They just know how to make our lives miserable not that it is miserable enough when we dont get our LC's certified on time.

You should also consult your lawyer and he would give you a better idea.

Also Kudos to Saknia and others members who take the time and effort to answer questions posted on this forum.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

cnool said:

I must say, you r lucky, cos they r telling what they need right at this point of time and not after waiting for another year to hear back this non-sense..

Dont panic, send in all the doucments. My case was my current employer acquired the old company, so I submitted a county-letter stating that the old company is taken over by the new company. Hope that is enuf and really ran out of patience the day I replied my 45 day letter.

In all this PBEC shit,is there any meaning to the word 'patience'..??!! god knows..!!

Submit something like a State Govt document etc for them to not to raise any more doubts..

Where are you from?

Guys,

Anyone know if it matters, for LC certification, what type of passport you are holding? (Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Russian etc.)
As far as I klnow it does not, but want to make sure.
THX,
Kiko99

PA cases

Hi smm123,
I managed to get a hold of the paralegal who handles LCs for my lawyer. obviiously he was in a good mood probably because TGIF. we chatted for 10min and he told me that they have been getting approvals for late 2002 cases from PBEC. the last one they got this week was RIR oct02. he also mentioned that they still have 2001 cases pending. they also got approvals for one 03 cas and one 04 case, both RIR. he thinks the 04 one was approved out of mistake/luck because there was a typo on the envelop saying that it was a 2002 case! as for the 03 case he couldn't explain. As for my own case he said the lawyer told him that he should be estimating dates for clients.
your dates are close to mine so please do remember to post your approval once you get it so i can start worrying :)
have a good weekend
PA, EB2, RIR, PD 1/6/3
RD 9/9/3, 45DL: Jan 2005

smm123 said:
Did any PA case with priority date later than 2002 June got approved from PBEC?

Thanks
Sam

State: PA
PD – 2003 April
45 days letter received and replied in 2005 Jan.

saknia prediction

hi, i sympathize with the all the forum people with PD 2001/2/3 . Saknia whats your precdiction with the way current things are going for PD 2004,
how many are waiting for 2002, 2003 , does anyone have a rough estimate

code4food said:
were you able to hold on to your PD or is your PD now 4/26/06?

please reply, i am considering PERM as well.

I filed a brand new PERM application so the PD is now 4/26/06. This should not be a problem, however, since EB2 visas for the Philippines are current.

Dan

Va - Aug 2002 - Eb3 - Approval

All,
Woluld like to share the good news. I heard from my Lawyer that my labor got approved. 3 Years 9 months wait ends hear but to start another journey.

Bye

atyagi73 said:
Congrats !! Did you file a separate application or coverted existing one ?

I filed a separate application instead of converting my existing BEC application (just in case the PERM was rejected). For me this was not a difficult decision since visa numbers are current for EB2/Philippines so the PD of 4/26/06 isn't an issue.

Dan

Reply to "Corrections List"

cnool said:

I work for a BIG company too. GOt the exact same query. Lawyer sent the articles of incorporation etc. Dont know why PBEC would send something like that.