Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Years of education

My case is filed under EB2 with job requirements of Masters degree and 2 years of experience. I did Bachelor of Engineering (4 years) and Master of Engineering (3 semesters = 1.5 years) from India. My total years of education are 17.5 (12 + 4 + 1.5) years not 18 years.

Many universities in India have 3 semesters (1.5 years) M.E./M.Tech. Will it create problem for me during I-140?

Finally..

GOT CERTIFIED ...

Thanks all you guys and may God Bless you all.

Let me know if you guys need any more info from me.

Got 45 days letter and replied around April 06
Case info : P-052233-XXXXXX

sk0902 said:
GOT CERTIFIED ...

Congrats !!!

Eb2 or Eb3 and RIR or traditional?

CA Oct 10 2002 LC approval

I want to share my good news with everyone here. After waiting for three years and seven months, my LC was finally approved. Following are my information.

CA RIR EB2
PD: Oct. 10, 2002
RD: Sept, 2003
Case: P-04324-06****
45 days letter: Feb, 2005

I got the notice from my company today. I guess the lawyer got the LC notice from PBEC. She sent an email to my company.

This is a great forum. I got more information here than from my lawyer. If you are in CA, please check with your lawyer. I didn't get any notice from PBEC. My feeling is the lawyers usually put the smile face to the HR person in the company, but not their clients like us. You have to call them, don't wait for them to call you.

Good luck to everyone.

LongwaitCA

saknia ??

Hi Saknia...

From what I have seen you know a lot about the doings of PBEC ....one question.....
With Non RIR cases, should we be looking at 2007 when apporvals will start or could it happen before that (PD 2003 Dec)?
I ask this becuase every year for the last few years we have layoffs in the compnay and it seems that the trend might continue this year, I'm in 6th of H1 which expires in Jan 2007.

The uncertainity of Layoffs and my PD are really frustrating....

can you shed some light....anyone ....I'm open to suggestions

sachv_ said:
Hi Saknia...

From what I have seen you know a lot about the doings of PBEC ....one question.....
With Non RIR cases, should we be looking at 2007 when apporvals will start or could it happen before that (PD 2003 Dec)?
I ask this becuase every year for the last few years we have layoffs in the compnay and it seems that the trend might continue this year, I'm in 6th of H1 which expires in Jan 2007.

Not sure about the non-RIR processing time - but according to my previous employer's lawyer, for a positive decision, the employer should not lay off anyone of similar background for a period of 6 months before filing my labor certification.

Congratulations!!! Can you please share your educational qualifications?

longwaitCA said:
I want to share my good news with everyone here. After waiting for three years and seven months, my LC was finally approved. Following are my information.

CA RIR EB2
PD: Oct. 10, 2002
RD: Sept, 2003
Case: P-04324-06****
45 days letter: Feb, 2005

I got the notice from my company today. I guess the lawyer got the LC notice from PBEC. She sent an email to my company.

This is a great forum. I got more information here than from my lawyer. If you are in CA, please check with your lawyer. I didn't get any notice from PBEC. My feeling is the lawyers usually put the smile face to the HR person in the company, but not their clients like us. You have to call them, don't wait for them to call you.

Good luck to everyone.

LongwaitCA

Though there is a superstition going on here right now that a silent reader will have higher chance to get LC approval sooner, I still want to not be silent and loudly say "Yeeha!!! we got another ATL regional case certified, CONGRATULATIONS!!!"

sk0902 said:
GOT CERTIFIED ...

sachv_ said:
Hi Saknia...

Hi

PBEC at this stage is processing both RIR and Non RIR. However to do Non RIR they have to do rccruitment effort which might need additional resources. So eventhough they are doing bot the No of approvals for RIR might be more for simple reason they have to look at the Paperwork and approve.

Going by what PBEC has promised - To finiish all by Sep 2007 they have finsih all 2003 Non RIR too by end of this Year . In waht order they do now is very confusing.

However keep the hope that this will soon be over as PBEC is picking up spped now. that is the only good thing we can see for now

All the Best.

Hi venkatg_gc,

I work for a pharmaceutical company. I had a MS degree + 2 year experiences when I got into my company. I applied for LC 3 years later.

Good luck.

One more question saknia

saknia said:
Hi

PBEC at this stage is processing both RIR and Non RIR. However to do Non RIR they have to do rccruitment effort which might need additional resources. So eventhough they are doing bot the No of approvals for RIR might be more for simple reason they have to look at the Paperwork and approve.

Going by what PBEC has promised - To finiish all by Sep 2007 they have finsih all 2003 Non RIR too by end of this Year . In waht order they do now is very confusing.

However keep the hope that this will soon be over as PBEC is picking up spped now. that is the only good thing we can see for now

All the Best.

thanks for the prompt reply Saknia....

but have we seen any approvals for NON RIR where the case had not gone to regional before PBEC took over...I thought all the traditional case apporvals were ones which had the recruitment already done

thanks again....

EB-2 MS or BS + 5 yrs

Can you please tell your labor requirement. BS + 5 year or Masters? Do you have Masters degree or BS + 5 years.

Thanks

sk0902 said:
GOT CERTIFIED ...

PBECVictim10000 said:
Though there is a superstition going on here right now that a silent reader will have higher chance to get LC approval sooner, I still want to not be silent and loudly say "Yeeha!!! we got another ATL regional case certified, CONGRATULATIONS!!!"

Thanks Pal.

I am not a silect reader to this forum though. I am posting comments to this forum for more than an year now. I had said so much that I had nothing else to say here, so I just went to hibernation for last few months.

Bye guys.. and wish to see you all in I-140 and I-1485 forum soon..

My God bless America and our Home country.

sachv_ said:
thanks for the prompt reply Saknia....

but have we seen any approvals for NON RIR where the case had not gone to regional before PBEC took over...I thought all the traditional case apporvals were ones which had the recruitment already done

thanks again....

You are right on that. They are at first trying to claer what is simple and straight forwad and then jum to the one that need more work

Someime back we saw posts about AD in Newyork times from PBEC . May be they started doing recruitment that time. May be they are still working on it in the background.

Lot of these questions are still hanging around and will get claered soon I think

nyprog-8-27 said:
I was actually thinking about it- my HR is ready to send whateer I want- so is my lawyer- they work hands and gloes with me- we just going to wait few weeks and if we don't get it- we'll send letter

If I were you, I wouldn't wait, just ask your HR (easier than lawyer) to write a letter to PBEC. It's a very simple letter, mentioning your case id, name, etc, saying that the employer wants to pursue the case. Even if after that you do receive the 45-day letter, you send it again.

Remember, it's a paper-pushing type of process, it won't hurt to send 2 letters. They'll just process them both. It's much better than having to re-open a closed case.

Saknia and others,

At PBEC, what is the difference in terms of work put in by CO between following
1) A RIR case that came from regional DOL
2) A Non-RIR case that came from regional DOL.

For second case, isn't the advertising already monitored at SWA level, resumes compiled and reasons for rejecting those resumes compiled at SWA level before sending to Regional.

For RIR also, there would be a documentation of ads done, the compilation of resumes etc.

So in both cases, CO will have to go thru the resumes and come to determination that nobody alse other than the beneficiary fits the bill. Then why such a big difference betwn RIR and Non-RIR?

Am I missing something here?

Appreciate your response.

cantstandit said:
If I were you, I wouldn't wait, just ask your HR (easier than lawyer) to write a letter to PBEC. It's a very simple letter, mentioning your case id, name, etc, saying that the employer wants to pursue the case. Even if after that you do receive the 45-day letter, you send it again.

Remember, it's a paper-pushing type of process, it won't hurt to send 2 letters. They'll just process them both. It's much better than having to re-open a closed case.

I hear you man- thx for advice - I'll definitelly do that probably this week.

nviren said:
Saknia and others,

At PBEC, what is the difference in terms of work put in by CO between following
1) A RIR case that came from regional DOL
2) A Non-RIR case that came from regional DOL.

For second case, isn't the advertising already monitored at SWA level, resumes compiled and reasons for rejecting those resumes compiled at SWA level before sending to Regional.

For RIR also, there would be a documentation of ads done, the compilation of resumes etc.

So in both cases, CO will have to go thru the resumes and come to determination that nobody alse other than the beneficiary fits the bill. Then why such a big difference betwn RIR and Non-RIR?

Am I missing something here?

Appreciate your response.

From what I undertsnd this how it might work

For Non RIR the AD, Wage Checking etc will be done by DOL Team. For RIR this is supposed to be done by Compnay and proof sent to DOL

Process below are commeon to both RIR & Non RIR

Then it might go to Data Review Team which will verify everything and if necessary order another Ad or recruitment process ( either Guided by DOL or One done by DOL)

Then they will recommend the Case to CO with all DOL Paperwork and proof

If everything is OK CO will Certify. (At this Stage he can send back a File for further details or for doung more work). This waht every one says is happening for left out cases of 2001 and 2002( prior to June)