Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

AbstractVision said:
I have faxed my letters...sent 7 by USPS as well to get a hard copy reply. I do not want to discourage this effort, but In my opinion NOTHING will happen with Fax/Email as these are the people who show that they recognize the problem and working the best way they could. No room for improvement.

I do not think lawsuit will work either. Courts are goin to believe all the plans and implementation details and success stories from DOL.

I met 2 members of Congress ( one Ex)and they heard me patiently, appreciated me explaining the problem to them, showed their empathy but no results. One of them I guess was instrumental for the fillibuster the Spector's bill...Great...I do not blame anybody..I realized later that If someone is elected based on conservative ideology and Xenophobic attitude, how is s/he going to help me.

I was impressed by the rallies the illegals aliens have organized. That definitely had major impact as a community asking for their rights. It was covered in all Major /Minor channels and almost all major radio station. It had a major impact in congress hearings. A force to recon with.....

We are all high skilled people who I think,
-do not have time to go out for rally,
-have enough time for suggestions to others in this and other forum(internet is great),
-do not want to participate or donate for a lawsuit,
-always think about divisions among ourselves (01 & 02 Vs 03/04 devide),
-wish to take meanigless positions (stopping PERM..Cursing IV..),
-believe why to move their butt as they have consistent job and not to worry about the time( If it comes early..its a bonus),
-take and reply to opinions personally
-think others will get benefitted too
-wait and watch (Home country is an option too)
-worry about a day leave for rally or meeting
-wait for Visa Bullettin
-discuss Illegals while we are in worst shape than them

I guess if we do not put our acts together, We deserve the situation we are in today.

I suggest, we make city wise list of the suffering people, meet once in 1 or 2 weeks, choose a lead and have leads finalize the date for the rally/ further action.....and show up.
If NOT, then simply show up at Capitol in white dress after Spring recess of Congress.

Unless somebody comes up with any other viable option, I guess Its a wake up call to be answered. Rally from Jefferson to Capitol via 1600 P. Avenue....We donot need 500,000. Even 30 to 50 people with a week notice to all major TV channels will work.

Since, Illegals had such a great rally, Media will definitely pay attention to LEGAL's rally.

Local folks...Congress works until late..Early morning or after work hour is fine. Not sure abt Saturday. If no one is interested..fine..I have got two hands to display at least one banner.

PD: Aug 2002
State: MD/RIR/EB3
Regional:No
Replied 45 days letter: July '05
This is great, I totally agree with this.

There is definitely some bigger force driving these rallies out. We need that kind of support. That doesn't mean I am saying no...

I too got call from Senator Feinstien's office and was told that there is nothing much they can do beyond this.

If Illegals can create so much noise why can't we legal immigrants, who contribute so much positively to U.S economy.

Let's have several such rallies in major cities...

Is anyone ready for SF BayArea rally..? because I am....but I need at least 70 - 100 people.

Contact me at whereismy_gc@yahoo.com and we discuss the details..

Absolutely, the idea of doing a rally is what;s the need of the hour.

Illegels have showed up the way to make their voices heard at the center.

have we forgotten , rallies are not new to us, that how Gandhi fought independence.

We got to wake up come out of our comfort zones and small interests
look at the magnitude of teh problem.

If we dont stand up, they will do whatever they want to.

backlog will go in parallel with retrogression.......

calling senator , faxing ur views can help to convey ur message but its not going to change anything

when they have a choice to discuss and decide on some matter
it will be illegals not us as they are ones who have created nuisance.

think what will happen to US economy if all of H1B holders stop working for a day, noone supporting their applications, data, security

they outght to take action only if we stand up...

i am in for any such kind of rallies,

place does not matter, you dont have to do it at the center only

as long as it can be conveyed through the media it will be heard.

email if anyone of you is willing to take this up in sothern california

gune01@yahoo.com

How about in Sacramento?

whereismy_gc said:
This is great, I totally agree with this.

There is definitely some bigger force driving these rallies out. We need that kind of support. That doesn't mean I am saying no...

I too got call from Senator Feinstien's office and was told that there is nothing much they can do beyond this.

If Illegals can create so much noise why can't we legal immigrants, who contribute so much positively to U.S economy.

Let's have several such rallies in major cities...

Is anyone ready for SF BayArea rally..? because I am....but I need at least 70 - 100 people.

Contact me at whereismy_gc@yahoo.com and we discuss the details..

I am from Fresno. When do you guys want this to happen? I am willing to tae a 1 day off from work. Lets do it!

BECle said:
Hi all,

I have been waiting for my LC approval for more than 3 years now and I was recently offered a position at a new company. I am on my 7th year H1B extension right now so I think transferring to a new company is a bit risky for me in case my current employer invalidates my LC application (Correct me if I am wrong here).

On the other hand, it looks like the new employer is happy to file a new LC for me through PERM if I pay all the fees. If I decide to go ahead with this, I can get my LC within 4 months or so and start working for the new company once I get my EAD (I am not from retrogession countries). In this scenario, I don't think I would need to rely on the cooperation of my current employer.

I would really appreciate if you can comment on my thinking and point out some of the risks if any. Thanks in advance for your comments.

you'll only get your EAD after you get PERM approved, then 140 approved, then file 485 ... total time here is probably 8 to 12 months, is your new employer gonna wait all that ? that's a sweet deal :)

in that scenario, then in the mean time you'll be extending your H1B based on your on-going labor, so I don't see any risks for you, unless you think your current employer might lay you off within a couple of months, but even then, your new employer would just transfer your H1B.

sheep got slaughtered

Dear friends,

we behave like sheep and "sheep gets slaughtered" ("wall street"(c)).

Why illegals with 3 classes of elementary school can unite and take action and we, people with great education, cannot?

If we behave like cowards, we will be treated like cowards. Let's make some noise and do it smart!!!

What I offer to do is this:

1. someone from this forum writes letter about injustice about BECs and retroregression. This letter has email of person who wants to co-ordinater nationwide manifestation in major cities of USA.
2. each one of us, emails letter to other H1 people and they forward it futher and so on.
3. When we have some critical mass, we decide to go on streets and show them that we are not cattle, but people who deserve respect.

I'm in San Jose, CA.

Thank you,
Roman

Folks

what we want ?

we want our voices to be heard

who can convey this?

Media

We are already an organization within this forum.

This will help what other folks are doing, like IV with their lobbying
every senator and congressperson should have heard abt our issues
before they listen in the senate discussion board room...

I think people at the center (DC ) can make maximum effect...

Let's do it.

I am in San Jose too. I am up for Bay Area/ Sacramento/ LA

Come on guys, lets unite and do something for ourselves. All those who are willing to participate please post here.

SlipperyGC said:
I am from Fresno. When do you guys want this to happen? I am willing to tae a 1 day off from work. Lets do it!

virtual55 said:
good news for Backlog center people:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=521

I-485 can be filed even without the availability of visa numbers, so that applicants have limited job portability; can get EAD/AP; their spouses may work.

EAD/AP extensions shall be at least 3-years instead of the current 1-year.

Applicants in the green card process will be eligible for at least 3 H-1B extensions, with each extension being at least 3 years long.

Don't understand the last statement. What if one will not be able to complete the process in those 9 years ?
Right now the number of extensions is unlimited so this is kind of setback.

venram said:
The date for EB2 is now 01JAN03. Thats good news for those with PD in 2002. Only thing they need is the LCA approval from BEC.

From Murthy.com - on Visa Bulletin

The fact that no cutoff dates have been established in EB2, except for India and China, is an encouraging note for people from other parts of the world. The continued forward movement in EB2 is also positive, although it is unclear how long that will continue. If it slows, it will still leave many people without a current priority date.
©MurthyDotCom
People in EB3 essentially remain where they were last month, in March 2006. Most of the EB3 world is at May 1, 2001, right at the LIFE Act 245(i) cutoff date when so many cases were filed. India and Mexico are slightly further back and are inching forward through the LIFE Act 245(i) cases. This bubble of 245(i) cases was filed in the first few months of 2001 and ended with numerous filings on or just before the April 30, 2001 deadline. ©MurthyDotCom
As we at the Murthy Law Firm have said before, legislative change is needed to address this situation. While some significant forward movement has occurred, this, in part, is because the dates were set back extremely far initially. If the BPCs increase their LC certifications, there also will be greater demand for immigrant visa numbers. This, in turn, will impact the rate of forward movement. We will continue to monitor this important immigration matter to update MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers

lets do it

I live 5 miles from capitol hill, I am willing to even take a week off from work. Lets show our protest for justice. Numbers dont matter, our facts are enough. Illegals need half a milllion people, legal aliens like us who are highly educated should show that we are part of America. We are not just temporary workers, we have family here, we want to be part of this american society legally.

manny1 said:
Folks

what we want ?

we want our voices to be heard

who can convey this?

Media

We are already an organization within this forum.

This will help what other folks are doing, like IV with their lobbying
every senator and congressperson should have heard abt our issues
before they listen in the senate discussion board room...

I think people at the center (DC ) can make maximum effect...

I am open to any rally option in NJ/PA area.

Just my thought, why we are still concern about 245(i), 485, 140 or visa numbers.

Guys, please keep focus, labor is our main goal. Once you are out of this shit, you should be good to go.

Now, especially after the news about illegals hit public and public attention is attracted to immigration matters, we have our golden opportunity to do something for ourselves. We should do it now and we should find a way to convice our less active H1 colleagues that they MUST speak up. And we should get organized. I refuse to be an idiot. I don't have a choice but to pay shitload of taxes which are spent to get more oil for Bush pals, but I do have a choice not to be an idot.

Let's unite!

Rally

It's been quite silent here. I am sure there are many folks from California who are stuck at BECs. Please post here if you are willing to unite for a rally at some prominent place within California.

Guys lets do something rather than cursing our plight.

check out the "Legals First" post on the backlog elimination thread.

Also check out the page with more details at legalsfirst dot blogspot dot com

Show your support for the legal immigrants!

USCISisMockery said:
I am open to any rally option in NJ/PA area.

Just my thought, why we are still concern about 245(i), 485, 140 or visa numbers.

Guys, please keep focus, labor is our main goal. Once you are out of this shit, you should be good to go.

Not quite agree. I believe we'll be better if we could get synergy from people who's waiting for 140 and 485.

Rally

The best way to begin is contacting: News, radio, ... Let them know Legal skilled workers are also crucial for the U.S economy. Skilled workers need permanent legalization, we also have families and need stability.. this Labor certifications is a head ache...

Who knows guys at NBC, ABC, FOX... ???
This is the time do it... do not let it pass...

Rally Is Must

AbstractVision said:
I have faxed my letters...sent 7 by USPS as well to get a hard copy reply. I do not want to discourage this effort, but In my opinion NOTHING will happen with Fax/Email as these are the people who show that they recognize the problem and working the best way they could. No room for improvement.

I do not think lawsuit will work either. Courts are goin to believe all the plans and implementation details and success stories from DOL.

I met 2 members of Congress ( one Ex)and they heard me patiently, appreciated me explaining the problem to them, showed their empathy but no results. One of them I guess was instrumental for the fillibuster the Spector's bill...Great...I do not blame anybody..I realized later that If someone is elected based on conservative ideology and Xenophobic attitude, how is s/he going to help me.

I was impressed by the rallies the illegals aliens have organized. That definitely had major impact as a community asking for their rights. It was covered in all Major /Minor channels and almost all major radio station. It had a major impact in congress hearings. A force to recon with.....

We are all high skilled people who I think,
-do not have time to go out for rally,
-have enough time for suggestions to others in this and other forum(internet is great),
-do not want to participate or donate for a lawsuit,
-always think about divisions among ourselves (01 & 02 Vs 03/04 devide),
-wish to take meanigless positions (stopping PERM..Cursing IV..),
-believe why to move their butt as they have consistent job and not to worry about the time( If it comes early..its a bonus),
-take and reply to opinions personally
-think others will get benefitted too
-wait and watch (Home country is an option too)
-worry about a day leave for rally or meeting
-wait for Visa Bullettin
-discuss Illegals while we are in worst shape than them

I guess if we do not put our acts together, We deserve the situation we are in today.

I suggest, we make city wise list of the suffering people, meet once in 1 or 2 weeks, choose a lead and have leads finalize the date for the rally/ further action.....and show up.
If NOT, then simply show up at Capitol in white dress after Spring recess of Congress.

Unless somebody comes up with any other viable option, I guess Its a wake up call to be answered. Rally from Jefferson to Capitol via 1600 P. Avenue....We donot need 500,000. Even 30 to 50 people with a week notice to all major TV channels will work.

Since, Illegals had such a great rally, Media will definitely pay attention to LEGAL's rally.

Local folks...Congress works until late..Early morning or after work hour is fine. Not sure abt Saturday. If no one is interested..fine..I have got two hands to display at least one banner.

PD: Aug 2002
State: MD/RIR/EB3
Regional:No
Replied 45 days letter: July '05

I always suggested rally. This is must to show our existance and problems to senate and house. This time let us act, not just talk (be developer not a project manager)

count me in.

coolestone said:
It's been quite silent here. I am sure there are many folks from California who are stuck at BECs. Please post here if you are willing to unite for a rally at some prominent place within California.

Guys lets do something rather than cursing our plight.

I live in sacramento. I am in process to contact local TV chennal,NPR station....etc.

Public awareness is must

We should work for public to be aware of the mess BEC have created for legal immmigrants.

I am in for rally, public demonstration.

If some tv channel can cover our case, that will be a good boost too