Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

vik002 said:
THERE WAS A GREAT ARTICLE IN WALL STREET JOURNAL, WHICH EXCLUSIVELY TALKS ABOUT HIGH SKILLED WORKERS.

COME ON GUYS WE NEED SOME MORE PUSH, PLEASE SEND BELOW CONTENT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS in a email if they do not read immigration portal... do that and help yourself

we are not a threat!

StressTestInUSA said:
This bill happening right now is primarily for the illegals and illegals only. If guys like us for employment based stuff needs to be slipped in during this time we need big time lobbying....This was the arguments we had a couple of months ago wether to support or not to support IV team. All this work with lobbying and lobbyist talking as our mouth involves big $$. Until now there is not a single line mentioned for legal immigrants like us.

What these guys say is right..the illegals who are in millions are doing menial jobs where the Americans r not ready to do that job, but we are a threat to the American jobs. We have to justify that.

We are gambling our lives,our kids lives here bigtime...!! Already feeling like we are in a sinking ship.

I dont think it's because we are a threat to americans. If we were a threat, then they would not give us $$ to come and study in their masters/PhD programs. If anything, we are definitely an asset for them.

But, If you are a politician and have to choose between 11m votes vs. 300k votes - what would you go with! :)

Wrong

jcgc said:
I dont think it's because we are a threat to americans. If we were a threat, then they would not give us $$ to come and study in their masters/PhD programs. If anything, we are definitely an asset for them.

But, If you are a politician and have to choose between 11m votes vs. 300k votes - what would you go with! :)

Take a look at one of the antimmigration and anti-H1B web sites.
http://www.zazona.com/ , having read detaily that site you will understand how wrong you are. They collect and file pettitions to Congress to cancel H1B program.

H1B and EB green card people must understand that Congress and Government allow them to get $$$ only because of large corporations such as Microsoft, IBM, Intel and Universities support their labor. Without that support you and I would be in the original countries less than in a month.

If you someone would do the survey among the native americans with the question if they support foreign H1B workers who makes $$$ here, 99% would answer NO.

sfmars said:
Take a look at one of the antimmigration and anti-H1B web sites.
http://www.zazona.com/ , having read detaily that site you will understand how wrong you are. They collect and file pettitions to Congress to cancel H1B program.

H1B and EB green card people must understand that Congress and Government allow them to get $$$ only because of large corporations such as Microsoft, IBM, Intel and Universities support their labor. Without that support you and I would be in the original countries less than in a month.

If you someone would do the survey among the native americans with the question if they support foreign H1B workers who makes $$$ here, 99% would answer NO.

Hey your points are totally valid.

Different sections will respond to us differently.
Businesses - would want to have H1 so they get cheaper talent.
Politicians - will support the businesses here since they get funded for their elections.
An average american - would hate it (cause he now needs to improve his skills / work harder to maintain his living conditions). The other day i was at the gym and this american on the treadmill next to me. He had just lost his job to another indian. Obviously he doesnt like me being in his country.

Similarly, when it comes to illegals:
Businesses - would want to have them again for cheap labor. But I doubt they would support giving citizenships to illegals (as it would only raise the wages for this labor pool).
Politicians - want businesses to be happy and more importantly get the votes from this vast community.
An average american - 11 million low-skilled workers in this economy, is also not directly helpful for the low-skilled american (construction workers, gardners etc.).

So the point is, most of us are here because businesses want it. The illegals are here because the Politicians want them.

fastergcwanted said:
Not true..there is one more provision in the bill that lets illegals self-apply for GC if they worked for 4 years or more. This means..they don't have to be at the mercy of any employers. We don't have that freedom.

Even without this..can you believe what havoc these people will cause to the immigration system? 245i only added about 300,000 cases and we are suffering for last 5-6 years..talk about over 10 million cases being added to these system. We have to bear this cost if decide to give up on BEC and reapply, so our new legal folks applying in the future.

well as far as I know, all the 245i cases are employment based....

any reason why most of the approvals come from North-east region?

Hi Gurus,
I've come to realize that people like me (SWA-Florida) and others who had Atlanta as the Regional Center have received almost no approvals. They are approving NY cases in the late months of 2002 meanwhile there are Atlanta 2001 and early 2002 cases that are stuck.
I know this question has been asked several times, but if anybody can answer it again: What type of freaking FIFO are they following?.......it seems to me they go by States and not PDs.........please anythoughts on this will be appreciated.....my PD is 01/2002 TR, letter received in 10/2005 and nothing yet????????????

thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

StressTestInUSA said:
guys...

May bulletin is out...

INDIA
EB2 is JAN03
EB3 is MAR01

any idea what was it last month for EB3 ....please post...

I think for last month it was Jul 2002 and Jan 2001. Not sure though

StressTestInUSA said:
guys...

May bulletin is out...

INDIA
EB2 is JAN03
EB3 is MAR01

any idea what was it last month for EB3 ....please post...

was Feb 2001.

EB2 going like a Amtrak and Goods train is EB3.

immigration bills failed in senate

Very Sad Day for All the Immigrants: Senate Failed to Pass Both Frist and Compromise Bills Today!

But good for us, who is waiting in PBEC with old PD.

HI saknia
Thank You very Much for You Reply. I am in 7 th Year ext. I have very good relation with My employer. But only thing is I want to take a advantage of substitute LC , If my LC have any problem then this substitute LC law changes then what it will happen...
If I will apply 140 with eb3 and in 2 months if I will get my LC can I file 140 with My LC?
Thank You

manwithnoname said:
well as far as I know, all the 245i cases are employment based....

I meant the new immigration bill..not 245i. And of course the bill failed to pass at least as of yet. So, not so bad situation for people here.

good news for Backlog center people:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=521

I-485 can be filed even without the availability of visa numbers, so that applicants have limited job portability; can get EAD/AP; their spouses may work.

EAD/AP extensions shall be at least 3-years instead of the current 1-year.

Applicants in the green card process will be eligible for at least 3 H-1B extensions, with each extension being at least 3 years long.

virtual55 said:
good news for Backlog center people:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=521

I-485 can be filed even without the availability of visa numbers, so that applicants have limited job portability; can get EAD/AP; their spouses may work.

EAD/AP extensions shall be at least 3-years instead of the current 1-year.

Applicants in the green card process will be eligible for at least 3 H-1B extensions, with each extension being at least 3 years long.

Thanks for posting this..But, the immigration bill got defeated...dude. And this amedment was probably for that bill.

Or does this relate to altogether new bill...that I am not aware of?