Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

fastergcwanted said:
If they finished data entry for only 108,000 until now..how do they hope to finish it for 255,000 rest of the cases in next 3 months. That's about 85,000 a month and 4,250 a day. How likely is that with the efficiency we have seen so far!!!

Chill out man, completed obviously means number of cases that have completed processing (denied, approved or withdrawn).

coolmaro said:
Chill out man, completed obviously means number of cases that have completed processing (denied, approved or withdrawn).
What does "Certified" means ? They have certified only 50000 out of 108000 ?

coolmaro said:

Hope you are correct...but I doubt that they have 50% rejection/withdraw rate.

They will close the cases that didn't respond to 45 day letters.

So I guess half of the cases are closed in this way.
sk0902 said:
What does "Certified" means ? They have certified only 50000 out of 108000 ?

No. You won't

My understanding is the yet to come law will give illegal immigrants a chance to apply for GC (that is, either family based or employment based), if they go employment based, then they will go the same way we suffered so far ;). They won't obtain it automatically.
venram said:
How about we throw our visas and become illegals. We can benefit from this new immigration law rather than patiently wait for decades for the LC approval ...

xszhu said:
My understanding is the yet to come law will give illegal immigrants a chance to apply for GC (that is, either family based or employment based), if they go employment based, then they will go the same way we suffered so far ;). They won't obtain it automatically.

Not true..there is one more provision in the bill that lets illegals self-apply for GC if they worked for 4 years or more. This means..they don't have to be at the mercy of any employers. We don't have that freedom.

Even without this..can you believe what havoc these people will cause to the immigration system? 245i only added about 300,000 cases and we are suffering for last 5-6 years..talk about over 10 million cases being added to these system. We have to bear this cost if decide to give up on BEC and reapply, so our new legal folks applying in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
xszhu said:
So I guess half of the cases are closed in this way.
They have closed many cases for no reason at all,i guess they are counting all those cases as completed. I am one of those unlucky few whose case is closed in error.

They ways of the PBEC

LCKY2004 said:
They have closed many cases for no reason at all,i guess they are counting all those cases as completed. I am one of those unlucky few whose case is closed in error.

They ways of the PBEC

Yeah..that could be given the way they have working. Hopefully valid ones will get processed as usual. I haven't received my 45 day letter yet..so still a chance mine is in the same category.

DBEC approving 8/2004!

Have you seen the DBEC forum? They are approving LCs left and right.
A guy with PD 8/2004 got approved recently!

I am wondering...did they really split up the LCs evenly between philly and dallas?

I am really sorry to hear that. I knew there are a lot in this forum who got those case-close letters by error. Some of them replied by their lawyers to correct the error. Hope we can all get out of the asshole. Best wishes.
LCKY2004 said:

They ways of the PBEC

rollingstone said:
Have you seen the DBEC forum? They are approving LCs left and right.
A guy with PD 8/2004 got approved recently!

I am wondering...did they really split up the LCs evenly between philly and dallas?

Well...8/2004 sounds good but at the cost of not processing several unlucky 2001/2002/2003 cases...I say DBEC is even worse than PBEC.

this from MSNBC, on the Senate compromise proposal for illegals:

"Under the Republican Senate proposal, illegal immigrants who have been in the US for more than five years – about two-thirds of the 11m – could switch to legal status without leaving the country if they met eight requirements, such as speaking English, having worked for at least three of the last five years and having paid all federal and state taxes.

Illegal immigrants in the US for between two and five years could secure a temporary work visa but must first leave the country. They would be able to apply for legal status later and would have priority over other immigrants applying for green cards.

Illegal immigrants in the country for fewer than two years would be forced to return home and apply for a temporary worker visa. The bill proposes allowing roughly 400,000 new gueast workers to come to the US each year."

----------------

If I'm reading correctly and a bill passes exactly as descripted, this is what's going to happen:

- the UCIS will create new visa categories for the 11 million people;

- illegals with 5+ years here will file for adjustment based on these new categories, having to prove they have lived here for 5 years; they will get their EAD and eventually GC after a number of years (can you spell BACKLOG ?); but at least they'll get EAD immediately

- other illegals will also file based on their situation; they'll clog up the system to the end of time

and WE ??? WE ARE NOT MENTIONED in this bill, we'll still be going through the EB bull****

that's gonna be the most bizarre thing ever ... but I bet with ANYONE here that illegals with 5 years will get adjusted easily, without having to go through labor certification, while we'll still be here.

Even more interesting will be that, we could apparently quit our jobs and become illegals, but then when we file for adjustment they'll say, "hey, you were here legally, you had a job, you can't file" !!!

I don't think even KAFKA could imagine such a scenario ...

cantstandit said:
this from MSNBC, on the Senate compromise proposal for illegals:

"Under the Republican Senate proposal, illegal immigrants who have been in the US for more than five years – about two-thirds of the 11m – could switch to legal status without leaving the country if they met eight requirements, such as speaking English, having worked for at least three of the last five years and having paid all federal and state taxes.

Illegal immigrants in the US for between two and five years could secure a temporary work visa but must first leave the country. They would be able to apply for legal status later and would have priority over other immigrants applying for green cards.

Illegal immigrants in the country for fewer than two years would be forced to return home and apply for a temporary worker visa. The bill proposes allowing roughly 400,000 new gueast workers to come to the US each year."

----------------

If I'm reading correctly and a bill passes exactly as descripted, this is what's going to happen:

- the UCIS will create new visa categories for the 11 million people;

- illegals with 5+ years here will file for adjustment based on these new categories, having to prove they have lived here for 5 years; they will get their EAD and eventually GC after a number of years (can you spell BACKLOG ?); but at least they'll get EAD immediately

- other illegals will also file based on their situation; they'll clog up the system to the end of time

and WE ??? WE ARE NOT MENTIONED in this bill, we'll still be going through the EB bull****

that's gonna be the most bizarre thing ever ... but I bet with ANYONE here that illegals with 5 years will get adjusted easily, without having to go through labor certification, while we'll still be here.

Even more interesting will be that, we could apparently quit our jobs and become illegals, but then when we file for adjustment they'll say, "hey, you were here legally, you had a job, you can't file" !!!

I don't think even KAFKA could imagine such a scenario ...
I am little confused. Can illegal apply for SSN? If not, then how can they show they have worked for at least three and also how can/why should they pay all federal and state taxes???

We need to keep close watch and see how the final bill is drafted and how soon illegal gets Green card. If it is immediately for people staying for more than 5 years, we should definately make lot of noise and sue them for unfair practise.

I don't have anything against illegals getting GC. But can we atleast expect fairness and atleast same if not better treatment for legal immigrants???

unclear said:
Thank you, gp111. I just called 1-415-975-4617, to my big surprise, there was a man answering the call. I didn't know what to say and the man hung up my call very soon.

Funny. :)

va_aug_2002 said:
I am little confused. Can illegal apply for SSN? If not, then how can they show they have worked for at least three and also how can/why should they pay all federal and state taxes???

We need to keep close watch and see how the final bill is drafted and how soon illegal gets Green card. If it is immediately for people staying for more than 5 years, we should definately make lot of noise and sue them for unfair practise.

I don't have anything against illegals getting GC. But can we atleast expect fairness and atleast same if not better treatment for legal immigrants???

That is exactly correct..There is no proof to show how long have they been here...which is why in fact they are illegals. Most of them will come up with made up paystubs through their relative employers showing they have been here for over 5 years. Are these senators so stupid!!!!

And we will be in this PBEC hell and then 485 retrogression for years to come!!!

Labor cert approved

Long wait has come to an end. I would people with PD of 01/02/03 to hang in there and not risk converting their case to PERM.

Got the letter from attorney today.
CA, RIR, EB2
PD: 11/02
RD: 11/03
Dallas BEC D-04320-*****
45 Day letter - Feb. 05

Rallygum said:
Long wait has come to an end. I would people with PD of 01/02/03 to hang in there and not risk converting their case to PERM.

Got the letter from attorney today.
CA, RIR, EB2
PD: 11/02
RD: 11/03
Dallas BEC D-04320-*****
45 Day letter - Feb. 05

Congrats and good luck!!!