Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

venram said:
There were couple of approvals posted here yesterday. Does it mean PBEC is continuing to approve the cases (though at a very slow pace - which is better than nothing).

Does anyone know when we can expect approvals for VA Jul 02 RIR cases? There were many approvals up to June 2002 that were posted here a while back and there was nothing beyond that...

Looks like PBEC is still approving few cases here and there. Not sure when they will finish all June 2002 cases or for that matter all 2001 cases

Like you said as long as they keep approving it is Good. Like someone mnetioned here you can ask your attorney to check on the Status and it might push your case for approval

pblc,

i am sure there are quite a few 2002 cases, atleast mine is one of them with a priority date of february 2002. i got my 45-day letter quite a while back, infact almost a year and 3 months back(december 2004).

since then have not heard anything from the great pbec or should we call pbac(philadelphia backlog ACCUMULATION center).

nvnr said:
Hi All, last week I received my P-XXXXX-XXXX number via email from PEBC. Please anyone guide me what will be the next thing that I have to wait for and how long it usally takes. After receiving P# usally how long it takes to get GC? What are stages after I receieve P# ?

Thanks!
-NVNR

If your PD is in 2004/2005 you might get an approval next month. this is based on the fact that applications are not being processed in FIFO order.

Just kidding buddy, frankly speaking none of us know how long it will take. Just don't lose hopes, good luck.

Randomness at DBEC

We are not alone when it comes to Randomness- Read these

#11198 30th March 2006, 05:51 PM
calabor
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc2001
I also believe that it is random. I work in a big company with 50000 employees world wide. Even someone in this company with the same situations got approved sometimes. But most people just have to wait until they get picked up randomly.

DBEC got paper files in random order. SWA/Regional DOL offices did not follow the instructions fully. So DBEC entered them randomly and started processing, randomly. Only fully entered cases can be processed. They are delinked from paper files at that time.

Once DBEC completes full entry of all cases (DBEC is targeting june06 for this), there will
not be any excuse for random processing. Of course, the 45-day letter response is a paper thingy which has to be streamlined into the fully entered case (ie find the file, and put it in there, also probably scan it into system). This might still create some randomness. Given 6 months for just the 45 day letter thingy, by jan 2007 everything should be by PD (big difference that'll make!!! cases are supposed to be cleared by sep2007!!).

Apparently, PBEC has fully entered all the cases, and going more or less by PD. It has different set of issues with performance, though.

Long story short, DBEC order is random, and will be for all practical purposes.
------------------------------------------------------

Quo_vadimus
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

Randomness - the best possible answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I cannot understand how the randomeness come from. As a common sense, I tend to believe that after 45-day response it should be FIFO. But the fact is that it is still random.

Approval at the whims of DBEC seems to be the best possible answer. Two cases for two different individuals within same job category was filed by my employer, even our regional dates are only a couple days apart but my 45D letter came 2 months before the 45D letter for my colleague but it has been almost 4 months since he received his approval and I still am waiting in limbo !!
Both of us had a NOF at state regarding wage too ???

Our HR manager called dallas BEC. At the first instance the operator transferred him to an automated message systems with irrelevant recorded info that hasn't been changed in 2 years. On the second go he was blunt and demanded some info about the case while complaining about the automated message, the operator would not comment on specific case # but said "may be the case got mixed up and should be on its way pretty soon !!" ---height of unprofessionalism, just imagine if any other govt agency dealing with US citizens was so careless and discriminatory there would have been so much hue and cry in the media and the public - guess we just dont have the clout.

I guess we need to educate the buffoons on the capitol hill about the economic impact H1b holders create on the US economy - both direct and indirect apart from the numerous jobs created by individual who once were on a "temporary" work visa. I feel insulted to clubbed togther with some one who illegally just walked or swimmed to the united states, one who can't even speak proper english and who does not pay any taxes and has negligible potential to create wealth compared to us here, nothing against them as humans but I think we ought to be treated with little more dignity - I think we have earned that much.

Boy...its a long post...but It feels good to blow some steam off
---------------------------------------------------

#11201 31st March 2006, 11:25 AM
ohio_boy
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2006

frustrated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting extremely tired and frustrated of all this. My 6th year of H-1B will expire 1/1/2007. Have been trying LC since Oct 2002 now in EB-2. My wife got her LC in 3 months using PERM, however her cathegory is EB-3 ( i guess everybody understands what this means). I saw the document, the approval is just one freakin signature on the back of the document.

Sometimes I wonder how other people can bear this, since it's not easy for people with families, my wife for example cries every day that she wants to leave since this country does not want us but wants 10+ million illegals who are uneducated and violated immigration laws.

Sorry for crying-(((((((((( Wishing the best for everybody.
------------------------------------------------------------

bpc2001
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_boy
I am getting extremely tired and frustrated of all this. My 6th year of H-1B will expire 1/1/2007. Have been trying LC since Oct 2002 now in EB-2. My wife got her LC in 3 months using PERM, however her cathegory is EB-3 ( i guess everybody understands what this means). I saw the document, the approval is just one freakin signature on the back of the document.

Sometimes I wonder how other people can bear this, since it's not easy for people with families, my wife for example cries every day that she wants to leave since this country does not want us but wants 10+ million illegals who are uneducated and violated immigration laws.

My LC was filed in Oct. 2001 in EB-2 RIR. Then it was remanded to state and now BPC as non-RIR. In my company there are many people filed in 2001 are still waiting, while others filed after 2002 have got approvals. I guess that we are now in a lottery system no matter when your case was filed.

You are not alone here. My family have been suffering the same frustration everyday. And everyday I tries to forget about this thing so that I can still do something else. We also consider going back some day. This is not my country.

This system wants illegals just because they need 6 years-slaves. When I see the article that they have to work for 6 years, I can see the intention of those people. What a shame. It's like exchanging your 6 years freedom with a greencard. Of course for us, it may be more shameful since 6 years does not give us a greencard.

Sorry for all the complains. If life is so unhappy here, what would be worse if we go back?

Where is my LC

It's been 4 years and 3 months completed since applied for LC but have no clue when will it be approved.

Just wanted to write as I am very depressed today........ :( .Asked the Lawyer to write the letter she has refused to do so.

Thanks to everyone in this forum to keep up the high spirit

LC_DEC
PD 12/14/2001
STATE NY
45 Day Letter Received: Dec 22nd 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: Dec 30th 2005

going to slower

Guys,
I had been to my attorney's office today and she told me, one of her colleague has visited PBEC for some official purpose and she told her itseems that, they have decided to slow drastically than whats going on now.

So, we are stuck for some more time here
PD:Jul 15 2002
CA
In_GC_Race said:
It is Philly BackLog Excruciating Center :mad:

I disagree somewhat...PBEC has been and still completely random....no FIFO...

Lot of cases in my company received 45 day letters few months back even though they applied well after me in the same category and the same state. I know few of my friends who have been receiving approvals for 2004 cases. I haven't even received my 45 day letter yet and my case (PD: 04/2003) is still showing T case number instead of P, meaning it's not fully entered yet.

It's a mess...and lots and lots of pain..I can't believe how can they be so inhuman. I can understand the frustration of 2001 folks still waiting. It's unfair.....totally!!!!

saknia said:
We are not alone when it comes to Randomness- Read these

#11198 30th March 2006, 05:51 PM
calabor
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2005

Quote:
I also believe that it is random. I work in a big company with 50000 employees world wide. Even someone in this company with the same situations got approved sometimes. But most people just have to wait until they get picked up randomly.

DBEC got paper files in random order. SWA/Regional DOL offices did not follow the instructions fully. So DBEC entered them randomly and started processing, randomly. Only fully entered cases can be processed. They are delinked from paper files at that time.

Once DBEC completes full entry of all cases (DBEC is targeting june06 for this), there will
not be any excuse for random processing. Of course, the 45-day letter response is a paper thingy which has to be streamlined into the fully entered case (ie find the file, and put it in there, also probably scan it into system). This might still create some randomness. Given 6 months for just the 45 day letter thingy, by jan 2007 everything should be by PD (big difference that'll make!!! cases are supposed to be cleared by sep2007!!).

Apparently, PBEC has fully entered all the cases, and going more or less by PD. It has different set of issues with performance, though.

Long story short, DBEC order is random, and will be for all practical purposes.
------------------------------------------------------

Quo_vadimus
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

Randomness - the best possible answer

Quote:
I cannot understand how the randomeness come from. As a common sense, I tend to believe that after 45-day response it should be FIFO. But the fact is that it is still random.

Approval at the whims of DBEC seems to be the best possible answer. Two cases for two different individuals within same job category was filed by my employer, even our regional dates are only a couple days apart but my 45D letter came 2 months before the 45D letter for my colleague but it has been almost 4 months since he received his approval and I still am waiting in limbo !!
Both of us had a NOF at state regarding wage too ???

Our HR manager called dallas BEC. At the first instance the operator transferred him to an automated message systems with irrelevant recorded info that hasn't been changed in 2 years. On the second go he was blunt and demanded some info about the case while complaining about the automated message, the operator would not comment on specific case # but said "may be the case got mixed up and should be on its way pretty soon !!" ---height of unprofessionalism, just imagine if any other govt agency dealing with US citizens was so careless and discriminatory there would have been so much hue and cry in the media and the public - guess we just dont have the clout.

I guess we need to educate the buffoons on the capitol hill about the economic impact H1b holders create on the US economy - both direct and indirect apart from the numerous jobs created by individual who once were on a "temporary" work visa. I feel insulted to clubbed togther with some one who illegally just walked or swimmed to the united states, one who can't even speak proper english and who does not pay any taxes and has negligible potential to create wealth compared to us here, nothing against them as humans but I think we ought to be treated with little more dignity - I think we have earned that much.

Boy...its a long post...but It feels good to blow some steam off
---------------------------------------------------

#11201 31st March 2006, 11:25 AM
ohio_boy
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2006

frustrated

------------------------------------------------------------

bpc2001
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_boy

My LC was filed in Oct. 2001 in EB-2 RIR. Then it was remanded to state and now BPC as non-RIR. In my company there are many people filed in 2001 are still waiting, while others filed after 2002 have got approvals. I guess that we are now in a lottery system no matter when your case was filed.

You are not alone here. My family have been suffering the same frustration everyday. And everyday I tries to forget about this thing so that I can still do something else. We also consider going back some day. This is not my country.

This system wants illegals just because they need 6 years-slaves. When I see the article that they have to work for 6 years, I can see the intention of those people. What a shame. It's like exchanging your 6 years freedom with a greencard. Of course for us, it may be more shameful since 6 years does not give us a greencard.

Sorry for all the complains. If life is so unhappy here, what would be worse if we go back?

What’s the excuse for slowdown? It was never faster before.
It’s really frustrating …. difficult to cope up….

Ladude
CA
Prio July 2002

:mad: :mad: :mad:
GCRisk said:
Guys,
I had been to my attorney's office today and she told me, one of her colleague has visited PBEC for some official purpose and she told her itseems that, they have decided to slow drastically than whats going on now.

CA

ladude10 said:

Ladude
CA
Prio July 2002

hey guys. forget about this dol stuff..have a good weekend.

i just took a walk. the cherry trees are in full blossom, tulips are budding, daffodils are swinging with its colorful display..sky is blue..lots of life around.

Thanks dude..
Let me go out and bit crap out of Basketball….
Hopefully…we will have more approvals next week….

Ladude
CA
Prio July 2002
:) :) :)
LedBy said:
hey guys. forget about this dol stuff..have a good weekend.

i just took a walk. the cherry trees are in full blossom, tulips are budding, daffodils are swinging with its colorful display..sky is blue..lots of life around.

hmmmm

most of the people on this forum try to help each other based on conjecture, random facts, hearsay, and whatever they graft from the internet and any other resources, including mysterious links inside the pbec.

the randomness of approvals and 45 day letters shows us every day what a futile exercis it is, trying to make sense of this black hole.

like all of u i come here, read the posts, get excited when i a see a few positives, get depressed when i read horros stories, but most of the time i just get plain confused.

so i have come to this conclusion, it will come when it will and thats about it, if it does it does, if it doesn't it doesn't, its not in my control. If it doesn't come i am not going to die, i will go back, find a job, drive a smaller car, watch more cricket, and will be part of my family again.

Its a joke

This has to be a joke! they are already approving maybe 5 cases a week! What can they do to slow things down? Maybe stop processing!

Well, whatever, life doesn't end. Sure it gets harder. I am already filing 9th year extension. I have decided this is going to be my last year if I don't get my EAD. I am tired of having to extend visa year after year.

But for now ... looking forward to the weekend!

GCRisk said:
Guys,

CA

This Is Ridiculous

Though I have doubt about truth behind this. May be your attorney is trying to avoid you answering for long time or he misunderstood or PBEC tried to avoid your attorney.

GCRisk said:
Guys,

CA

they may loose their job ?

May be they are worried about their jobs ? Once this mess is cleared, these centers will be closed. slower they approve longer they will be there.

I am going to give just another year!! Its not worth staying here to be exploited by employers, DOL and politicians.

ladude10 said:

Ladude
CA
Prio July 2002

One of my friend's labor has been approved

I just came to know that my friend's labor has been approved. Attorney's office called today to communicate. Do not know the date when it was certified. Please find the case details below

Priority Date: 02/28/2002
Category: EB3 Regular
State: NY
BEC: Philadelphia
45 Days letter Received & Replied : 01/27/2006

Looks like a miscommunication

GCRisk said:
Guys,

CA

If BEC has goal to clear the backlog by 2007, I dont think they can drastically slow down the process. I am sure there is some sought of miscommunication. May be once they clear all the backlog they can cut down but for that there is long way to go...

Did PBEC keep 2001 cases deadline?

I recollect someone saying taht PBEC told that they have deadline to approve all 2001 cases by March End. Did they keep it?