Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

The only deadline PBEC achieved so far is completing data entry

PBECIsKillingMe said:
I recollect someone saying taht PBEC told that they have deadline to approve all 2001 cases by March End. Did they keep it?

I dont think they have cleared all 2001 cases, I have several in my company still from 2001

never on time!

Not to discourage anyone but it is a fact that they are never on time. this we have been seeing for last 5 years. my guess is that they would clear all of 2001 by end of 2006.

and also the 2007 deadline they have for clearing all backlogs does not seem like a real one. as I said they are never on time, I dont see a reason why they would stick to this deadline 2007. something is going to comeup in future like the immigration bill that is being debated now in senate and what a chance it will be for DOL to utilise this as an excuse to create another mess!

lets be realistic!!!

GC_enroute said:
I dont think they have cleared all 2001 cases, I have several in my company still from 2001

Last edited by a moderator:
Salary and Job Promotion!

Friends,

Is there any risks associated with Salary increase to more than 20% and Job promotion for Green Card Applicants?

Appreciate your help!

=========================
PD: Dec'2001, RIR, EB3
State : MD
RD : Jan'2004
PEC case# : P-04271-xxxxx
45 Day letter : replied in Feb'2005

2002calabor said:
This has to be a joke! they are already approving maybe 5 cases a week! What can they do to slow things down? Maybe stop processing!

Well, whatever, life doesn't end. Sure it gets harder. I am already filing 9th year extension. I have decided this is going to be my last year if I don't get my EAD. I am tired of having to extend visa year after year.

But for now ... looking forward to the weekend!

Sorry to hear about your plight. One thing I am hearing is that even if you get your 1 year extensions, travel outside the country becomes more and more restricted, if you dont have the latest I-797 dates reflected in your visa stamp. Is that true. They could deny you entry at POE if the date is old ?..

thanks.

Hufx already warned us about this delay in his post,when he said Stefan S. has told his staff that PBEC will be working till 2009.

2002calabor said:
This has to be a joke! they are already approving maybe 5 cases a week! What can they do to slow things down? Maybe stop processing!

Well, whatever, life doesn't end. Sure it gets harder. I am already filing 9th year extension. I have decided this is going to be my last year if I don't get my EAD. I am tired of having to extend visa year after year.

But for now ... looking forward to the weekend!

GC_enroute said:
I just came to know that my friend's labor has been approved. Attorney's office called today to communicate. Do not know the date when it was certified. Please find the case details below

Priority Date: 02/28/2002
Category: EB3 Regular
State: NY
BEC: Philadelphia
45 Days letter Received & Replied : 01/27/2006

Congratulations !!!

Thinking positively, I can only say, One More Case Less for PBEC to consider now :)

Yes It Is True but ...

peace4u said:
Sorry to hear about your plight. One thing I am hearing is that even if you get your 1 year extensions, travel outside the country becomes more and more restricted, if you dont have the latest I-797 dates reflected in your visa stamp. Is that true. They could deny you entry at POE if the date is old ?..

thanks.

It is same restrictive as if you are on your regular H1. Rule of thumb is: you can not enter in US again if your visa is not valid to date.

No risk in salary increase; Job promotion may be

20% Salary increase does not do any harm to green card processing.

Job promotion may cause some harm. Just ensure that your job description does not change in your new role or job, even if/when you get a new job title. If that happens, then you may continue to use the old processing. If job description changes, you may have to start all over. Consult a lawyer if that is the case.

pennywise said:
Friends,

Is there any risks associated with Salary increase to more than 20% and Job promotion for Green Card Applicants?

Appreciate your help!

=========================
PD: Dec'2001, RIR, EB3
State : MD
RD : Jan'2004
PEC case# : P-04271-xxxxx
45 Day letter : replied in Feb'2005

sarathynp said:
They promptly changed the message to '18' months remaining !!!

Can you or somebody give me the link to the DOL website which has this banner please?. I had it somewhere...

Let's swim together!

Hi. Everyone.

I have been a silent reader for 4 years and thanks to everyone to share their experience here.
I read from previous post that we are going to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail in Apr 3 or 4.

So let's do it together!

The following words are from Finding Nimo:

Swim together, we will survive, or we will die!

Swim!

Swim!

Swim!

bereasonable said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE POST BELOW ON EVERY website and different forums within a website (murthy/immigrationportal/etc) YOU VISIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

Dates: April 3rd (preferable) and APRIL 4th (if you forget)
MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE SEND LETTERS ON APRIL 3rd or 4th (NOT BEFORE)
WE FAX LETTERS ON APRIL 3rd or 4th

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

Dear Sir / Madam:

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center and have not received my approval.

My family and I are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly appreciated if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to act.

Guys

I posted case details about the lawsuit that was filed against dol last year in this forum few days ago. DOL won the case but there are several details in the case that will be useful for us. I think we should pursue this for our purpose. Please review and comment about these.

a) DOL has said that the amensity program for illegals (245i) that was introduced in the past as the cause for the backlog (see last para in page 32 and para factual ground on page4) . Now that the senate is considering another program for illegals may be we should tell senators the impact of these programs and how the legal immigrant community is completely ignored and often punished for the benefit of illegals. We can write a email to senators, news reporters giving all the details and also attach the case details document to them. Every one is discussing immigration and it is the right time for us to expose these details to everyone.

b) DOL requires legal immigrants to get H1 extensions every year and has strict requlations about their job requirements, location and pay. r. This means

- There is unfair advantage for illegals as they are not subject to any of these requirements, Legal immigratants are punished both in terms of delay and financial terms for the benefit of illegals. This combined with the fact that the dealy itself is caused by illegals is totally unfair.

- DOL gets revenew for this H1 extensions. This means that DOL gets to benefit from the backlogs and has no incentive to fix this problem. DOL should not benefit from backlogs.

- Since the application have backlogged for several years, significant number of gc applicants are applying for h1 extentions every year. DOL in their statement have said that they have to prioritze time and resources for h1b applications (see last para in page 19) so by requiring mandatory extension they are creating additional work for themselves everyear and leaving little time to reduce backlogs.

Citing the above 3 reasons, can we fight against the yearly extension requirements. Some of us might think that this is not a big deal but it is. The yearly extension is the main reason why no attorney, AILA is talking about this backlog. Eveyone else profits from our plight and unless we fight against it there is nothing going to happen.

c) The case also has section about - if the court should have jurisdiction over the DOL's progress ( see last para on page 24). It concluded that is should not but if we could prove that they are not making progress then we can get them involved.

Think about this guys. I have attached the case document again for your review. I think we need to make a good use of this.

These are just ideas please free to change anything but we need to act. We had several great ideas in the past but we suck at the implementation. Look at the illegals they risk everything and even been identified as illegal in INS and participate in the rally to benefit their family but we (including me) choose to hide behind forum and expect some miracle to happen. We are legal here and we have lot more freedom and legal avenues to raise our voices but we don't that's our problem.

There are several people ( a_to_z_gc, USCISisMockery, JavaConsultant, labordrags ...) who done lot of work to get people together. I also arranged a conf call with Mr Rajeev but only 3 people agreed to be on the call and once the call was over I receieved mail from 24 people asking for status.
This is where we are guys. Many of us want to sit on the sidewalk and watch someone else deal with our problem. Sorry for letting my frustruction but I am still positive that if all decide to act we can resolve this.

Need help

All,
I have followed the instruction to send a request to get the status of my labour but no reponse from PBEC. I have send them the request almost 3 times, but no reponse from PBEC.

email address: status@phi.DFLC.US (for PHIL BEC)
email sub:Case status request
email Body:
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

am I doing something wrong. or is the email address is changed. please advice how can i get my status.

appreciate your help.

-------------
PD sep 2003
EB3
Florida
45 day letter received Feb 2005

What a joke

Thanks Raj04
Should let all people know the situation of legal immigration - senetors, representitatives, the media, and the America people. One of the broken link for the all immigration mess is because nobody cares about those who follow the laws.

It is a joke that those who broke the laws went on demonstrations while those who follow the laws have been so much neglected. :mad:

It is such an insult to hear people say something like "those illegal were hard-working, the only thing they did was to pursue a good life here, blah, blah...". Aren't those legal immigrant hard working too? Aren't they needing good life too?

If they legalize those breaking the laws, they should give those in the Backlog Centers green cards right away. They are the real victims of this big mess.

Pathetic.

I think they will put the illegals in the same processing system without
any additional resource. What a good way to control imigration.

prince123 said:
I think they will put the illegals in the same processing system without
any additional resource. What a good way to control imigration.

Illegal immigrants will have higher priority than legal immigrants.

imcdude said:
Illegal immigrants will have higher priority than legal immigrants.

Yeah, true. The 'illegals' and their supporters are a big vote bank. Look
at legals : what vote bank do they form ? I bet if a H1B goes out of status
by few days, the emperors will jump up and down. But if a person who blocks the freeway - brandishing flag of another nation - and posing in a 'catch-if-you-dare' manner goes without a scratch , vote bank .. vote bank..

I appreciate, the hosts (the US citizens ) have the complete authority to determine who they want and in what manner.