Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Looks like the 45 day letter has been dispatched from PBEC

Hi Javaconsultant

Looking at your details, it looks like the 45 day letter has been dispatched & received by HR dept.Also I feel that you should be getting your approval anytime now .I hope you get it soon.

Please update the thread whenever you get it

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Labor Pain

Hi Everyone,

I just joined this forum, and saw that there are so many people like me suffering from the same pain.

I have a question about my Labor Certification Application. My Company filed my Labor Cert. from Delaware in Jan. 04 and then filed from NJ in Nov. 04. We never received a receipt number from NJ SWA. When we requested 7th Year extension letter from PBEC, only Delaware priority date is showing up, and inspite of multiple request there is no confirmation or case number for NJ case filed.

My Company spoke to two different Attorneys, and they both pretty much said the same thing that NJ case is there in the PBEC system but not showing up as only the first case filed for an employee shows up in response to 7th year extension.

Please explain me if anyone has similiar situation.

I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,

why did you file twice?

the dates appear to be so close so from a Priority Date stand point I dont know what your gain is... Did the second come as a readily available substitution? If its a substitution that might describe why. They typically would approve the one with earlier PD.

To B or Not toB said:
Hi Everyone,

I just joined this forum, and saw that there are so many people like me suffering from the same pain.

I have a question about my Labor Certification Application. My Company filed my Labor Cert. from Delaware in Jan. 04 and then filed from NJ in Nov. 04. We never received a receipt number from NJ SWA. When we requested 7th Year extension letter from PBEC, only Delaware priority date is showing up, and inspite of multiple request there is no confirmation or case number for NJ case filed.

My Company spoke to two different Attorneys, and they both pretty much said the same thing that NJ case is there in the PBEC system but not showing up as only the first case filed for an employee shows up in response to 7th year extension.

Please explain me if anyone has similiar situation.

I would really appreciate that.

Thanks,

4MyWife said:
the dates appear to be so close so from a Priority Date stand point I dont know what your gain is... Did the second come as a readily available substitution? If its a substitution that might describe why. They typically would approve the one with earlier PD.

You might be aware that at that time the SWAs were in process of stopping forum shopping of labor cert. so we were not sure whether the DE would be approved or not. At the same time I was approching end of 5th year so had to have one secure labor filed before 6th year started.

GCcomesoon said:
Hi Javaconsultant
Looking at your details, it looks like the 45 day letter has been dispatched & received by HR dept.Also I feel that you should be getting your approval anytime now .I hope you get it soon.
Please update the thread whenever you get it
Thanks
GCcomesoon

Hey GCcomesoon,
It was talktome who had the question abt 45 day letter, not Javaconsultant. But if you intended to write that to talktome and convey that she/he'd be getting approval soon, I'd strongly disagree. talktome, you have a PD in 2004 and keeping us company in PBEC.... it's gonna take a while buddy.

Hi Saknia
If the case closed will attorny or employer get the information about that or not.After wat time ?how can anybody find out that his case is still there not closed?what is the screenshot mean.Is there any help with 45days letter or case number.
thanks in advance 4 reply

Guys,

Please send both the fax and email to Ms. Chao and Labor Admins expose the huge gap between PBEC and DBEC. It is said they are reviewing the Backlog centers' work and both directors didn't show up in the recent AILA meeting. It might be a good opportunity to kick out Stephen Stefanko right now.

Gear up, we will be there
bereasonable said:
Please send this message to relavent people

to: secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
subject: bring your attention to some interesting numbers

Hi, Dear Ms. Chao:

I think that you will be very interested in what I will reveal to you in this email.

For Labor Certifcation, there are currently two Backlog Elimination Centers: Dallas & Philadelphia. An online tracker showed some interesting data. The online tracker can be considerred as a survey. Among this sample, 770 cases in Philadelphia and 756 in Dallas (as of March 24, 2006).

The survey showed that Dallas has processed 49.7% (376) of its cases , whereas Philadelphia has only processed 19.5% (150) of its cases. That means that

1) Philadephia works less than half efficiently than Dalas (39.2% efficient of Dalas to be exact).

2) If Dalas can finish its work in 2 years, Philadephia will finish its work in 5.1 years.

That is why on the tracker, you see latest approvals from Philadelphia are 2002 cases, while latest approvals from Dalas are 2004 cases.

If Philadelphia is telling you that they are doing things differently and they will pick up speed later, it is a lie. The reason is sample: both centers have sent out same amount of 45-day letters (Philadelphia sent out 74.3% of its cases and Dallas 71.3%).

I sincerely think that you want to do something about it.

Best regards to you and your family.

Ironic

I find all this email/fax thing very Ironic :cool:

You are basically telling the Department of LABOR, how inefficent thier LABOR is in the department. You are calling them lier, But, the whole labor process is suppose to find the truth in our cases and give us a labor certificate. So the truth finding activity is in the hands of these lazy liers.

I think the fax/email should say that we are not a bunch of idiots. We are hardworking honest smart set of people. And they should just stop giving us BS and hand us our labor certificate.

1) Philadephia works less than half efficiently than Dalas (39.2% efficient of Dalas to be exact).

2) If Dalas can finish its work in 2 years, Philadephia will finish its work in 5.1 years.

That is why on the tracker, you see latest approvals from Philadelphia are 2002 cases, while latest approvals from Dalas are 2004 cases.

Sorry guys - I don't want to discourage you from this campaign but all I ask is that if we want to be taken seriously, and since we are claiming that we are all "Highly Skilled" workers, We need to first fix our spelling mistakes before we send the message out to anybody at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now!

Don’t think DOL doesn’t care etc. Ms. Chao or any other senior guys may not be directly responsible for PBEC delays. They may be looking at N number of other issues in a day’s work. This letter campaign will make sure the BIG PBEC issues we are facing will be brought before the Senior Management attention.

Good point about spelling, presentation etc. We need to pay attention dear skilled workers.

So let's kick start mail, fax, email, phone campaign aiming at DOL Senior Management. NOW!

similar situation

talktome said:
Folks,

I got my updated information as follows:

Case Number: P-05154-53***
State: New Jersey
Case Source: State
Priority Date (PD): 02/04/2004
Processing Type: EB3/RIR
Case Reciept Date: 02/04/2004
Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Although I have not recieved any 45 Day Letter. My company's HR is as uncooperative as it gets. They do not even let me talk to the attorney directly. I am completely oblivious to what is happening.

I am already in 6th year of H1 and will need 7th year extension after Nov 2006.

If I undestand it correctly, this means my case has been entered in the system and a 45 day letter must have been generated.

Any Comments !!!

received status update on feb 9th....and the case number had changed from a T to a P

some gurus suggested that it takes about 2 months after the number becomes P to recieve 45 day letter...

still havent seen it, and am couting down to april 9th.

Not to change direction or anythinig, but I feel we should focus on the overall speed of BECs and not a comparison between Dallas and Philly. The reason being both are still way slower than what they promised for completing backlog. We should ask for faster pace at both BECs, more transperancy and how unfair it is for new folks to get PERM approvals in few months while we have been wasting several years here.

I feel both BECs are slow, as lot of old Dallas cases haven't been processed yet if you read Dallas forums. It is a fact that PBEC had lot more 245i cases as well as old cases with PD of 01 if you review what states got transferred, so comparing them directly wouldn't be correct. We should unite and present a common face and not be divided.

Thoughts??

PBEC (My discussions with our law dept)

I just had a meeting with my law department head and this is what she knew. Not sure how much of truth is in it OR maybe she doesn't have much info. So please take it with a pinch of salt. Just want to pass this on because I have no other news.. No 45day letter.. waiting since 1/10/03 (PD) from NJ.

a) PBEC is being working on sending out all the 45day letters first before adjucticating cases in full steam. ie. sending out the 45days letter is their priority#1. I don't see any approvals for NJ cases.

b) Keeping old priority while filing PERM can not be done for me because the recruitment requirements that were mandated in RIR are different than PERM. So she will have to conduct an all new job posting to Internet, newspaper etc. - this would mean that I wouldn't be able to get my PERM substituted for a pending RIR application. I'm confused because I have read people in this forum filing PERM and able to keep old priority. I don't know how their attornies were able to do it - may be by faking the type of recruitment done during RIR?? oh whatever... I'm not going to file a new PERM and go behind 3 years in 485 queue.

My case details:
NJ RIR EB3
PD: 1/10/2003
No 45 day letter yet

Inteha ho gayee intezar ki..

I received an email from my HR and she received an email from my attorny saying that my labor got approved.

So far I didn't receive any emails or documents from my attorny.

RIR EB3
State MN
Priority Date 06/11/2004
Went to Regional in 08/01/2004
Received 45 day letter in end of Mar 2005
Received Case closure notification in 2nd week of Jan 2006
Attorny provided proof of 45 day letter response in March 03/09/06.
Recived email from my HR saying that case Approved 0n 03/27/06.

I will post again once I receive the document.

Thanks,

That was another PBEC approval for a 2004 case posted on another thread.

Some Goods News - Happy New Year Guys

socialmix
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2005

Labor Aprroved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all
Wanted to share the Good News , that my labor got approved.Just few hours back my lawyer conveyed the message.Another labor from my company with PD 2001 also got approved.He also said that many approvals are comming in.Looks like a good sign.Also today is our New Year .What a great way to start a NEW YEAR.I wish each and everyone the same happiness and to getout of this ASAP.Thanks and GoodLuck to all.

O God, today, Its 4 years since I applied for Labor

Guys,

Today, I am 4 years old on my labor certification. Dont know when God is gonna show the light from this never ending TUNNEL.

My details :

NY
PD : 3/29/02
45 DL replied on Oct' 2005
Labor approval : GOD KNOWS ?

NY Approval Mar 8th 2002 EB3 RIR

nylc4yr
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2005

LC approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a call from my lawyer assistant today. My LC finally approved. More than 4 years wait! It is hard to believe it. Now I will start to prepare doc for the I-140.

Good luck for all of you!

rajlion said:
Guys,
Today, I am 4 years old on my labor certification. Dont know when God is gonna show the light from this never ending TUNNEL.

My details :

NY
PD : 3/29/02
45 DL replied on Oct' 2005
Labor approval : GOD KNOWS ?

Hi

Light is coming to you when you turn the Corner - I mean that Your approval might be on its way

All the Best

Hi Saknia, can you provide the PD for this approval, please? And one more thing, my lawyer sent an email to PBEC on Monday to check my case status.Do you know by any chance how long does it take them to respond? Thanks,