Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

We can never figure out in which order the 45 days letter are being sent and in which order the applications are being processed, the more we try to figure it out more surprises keeps unfolding.

Can we atleast find out from somewhere as to how many applications are being processed every day?...atleast we would know how many applications remain at the end of each day, any inputs?...Thanks

hi

hi, my case was entered into the system a day before. but I got the 45day letter in last SEP. hopefully we get approval at the same time.

mayhemNYC said:
45-day letter received... :) :D ;) :p
see my signature for details

Send emails to Ms Chao

pardesh said:
The Secretary of Labor
The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: 202-693-6000
Fax: 202-693-6111
Email: secretaryelainechao@dol.gov

I got this from one of the website. I hope this is helpful.
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/pcpid/pcpid_exofficiocontactinfo.html
Since we know the email address of Ms. Chao why don't we all send a e-mail first? I just send an e-mail to the above e-mail address and will wait to see what's going to happen.

Letter / Email to Elaine Chao

In the letter/email which we plan to send, we should also stress the fact that apart from waiting for 2 years at the BEC, most of our labor applications have been pending for 3.5/4 yrs.
Our journey really started much before the BEC was introduced.

MSword

could you put this in MSWord so everyone can just download, print it and send it ?

support.gc said:
DOES ANYONE GIVE ME THE FAX NUMBER? Please provide fax number

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE POST BELOW ON EVERY website and different forums within a website (murthy/immigrationportal/etc) YOU VISIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

Dates: April 3rd (preferable) and APRIL 4th (if you forget)
MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

WE ARE NOT VOTING ON WETHER WE WANT TO FAX or MAIL.. I would say lets do both. IF you prefer Fax send a Fax(if you get the number please provide us the fax number too), if you prefer Mail send a mail. I recommend BOTH ways.

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
Washington, DC 20210

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent. One more. :) Trying to remember how many faxes/letters/emails sent so far to senators/congressmans/secretary/etc. May be approaching triple digit count. Anyway, doing something is better than nothing. :D good luck to all.

LCSoon said:
Since we know the email address of Ms. Chao why don't we all send a e-mail first? I just send an e-mail to the above e-mail address and will wait to see what's going to happen.

send letters and need to do more....

Hi,
I am in for letters and faxes.

I want us to do something else too, and this is absolutely not to discourage the move to send letters/faxes. My thoughts are sending letters and faxes will bring the attention of beurocrates but aren’t they already aware of it ? How do we know that letters and faxes will not be thrown into bins ?

My recommendation is some thing should be done inline with what illegal immigrants had done. It was very impressive and got result in their favor very quickly as their problems and issues were known to whole world.
Unless and until Politicians/beaurocrats get face saving pressure to outside world and to media , I doubt they will awake.

Saurav

bigbang2001 said:
No bill has passed.
Only senate judiciary comittee has approved. Both senate and congress have to approve. And chances are very slim.

Assuming all this passes and becomes a law, it is another 2-3 years down the road for it to be implemented. Remember PERM .

Your points of view are very valid. However, I think the implementation in this case will be much quicker than PERM - it's a change to an existing process, not a new process.

I agree with Saurav... We can write emails and faxes but who will know about it .. Only the office staff... Outside that office no one knows anything.... Unless its in the news and known to public nothing will happen...

Did anyone see Rang de basanti? :)

Saurav_4096 said:
Hi,
I am in for letters and faxes.

I want us to do something else too, and this is absolutely not to discourage the move to send letters/faxes. My thoughts are sending letters and faxes will bring the attention of beurocrates but aren’t they already aware of it ? How do we know that letters and faxes will not be thrown into bins ?

My recommendation is some thing should be done inline with what illegal immigrants had done. It was very impressive and got result in their favor very quickly as their problems and issues were known to whole world.
Unless and until Politicians/beaurocrats get face saving pressure to outside world and to media , I doubt they will awake.

Saurav

Received 45-day letter

Filed on July 12th, 2004, non-RIR. Received the 45-day letter today, dated March 21, 2006. State: MA

philly vs. dalas: letter to related people

Please send this message to relavent people

to: secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
subject: bring your attention to some interesting numbers

Hi, Dear Ms. Chao:

I think that you will be very interested in what I will reveal to you in this email.

For Labor Certifcation, there are currently two Backlog Elimination Centers: Dallas & Philadelphia. An online tracker showed some interesting data. The online tracker can be considerred as a survey. Among this sample, 770 cases in Philadelphia and 756 in Dallas (as of March 24, 2006).

The survey showed that Dallas has processed 49.7% (376) of its cases , whereas Philadelphia has only processed 19.5% (150) of its cases. That means that

1) Philadephia works less than half efficiently than Dalas (39.2% efficient of Dalas to be exact).

2) If Dalas can finish its work in 2 years, Philadephia will finish its work in 5.1 years.

That is why on the tracker, you see latest approvals from Philadelphia are 2002 cases, while latest approvals from Dalas are 2004 cases.

If Philadelphia is telling you that they are doing things differently and they will pick up speed later, it is a lie. The reason is sample: both centers have sent out same amount of 45-day letters (Philadelphia sent out 74.3% of its cases and Dallas 71.3%).

I sincerely think that you want to do something about it.

Best regards to you and your family.

letter with contacts

Please send this message to contacts listed. if you do not help yourself, no one will.

to: secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
subject: bring your attention to some interesting numbers

Hi, Dear Ms. Chao:

I think that you will be very interested in what I am revealing to you in this letter.

For Labor Certifcation, there are currently two Backlog Elimination Centers: Dallas & Philadelphia. An online tracker showed some interesting data. The online tracker can be considerred as a survey. Among this sample, 770 cases in Philadelphia and 756 in Dallas (as of March 24, 2006).

The survey showed that Dallas has processed 49.7% (376) of its cases , whereas Philadelphia has only processed 19.5% (150) of its cases. That means that

1) Philadephia works only 39.2% efficient as Dalas (19.5/49.7 = 39.2%).

2) If Dalas can finish its work in 2 years, Philadelphia will finish its work in 5.1 years.

That is why on the tracker, you see latest approvals from Philadelphia are 2002 cases, while latest approvals from Dalas are 2004 cases.

If Philadelphia is telling you that they are doing things differently and they will pick up speed later, it is a lie. The reason is sample: both centers have sent out same amount of 45-day letters (Philadelphia sent out 74.3% of its cases and Dallas 71.3%).

I sincerely think that you want to do something about it.

DOL Contacts for letters and fax

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
(202) 693-6000

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
Washington, DC 20210

LoveNY said:
could you put this in MSWord so everyone can just download, print it and send it ?
AS FOR NOW LETS STICK TO FAXES AND MAILS. IF YOU THINK EMAIL IS GOING TO HELP PLEASE DO THAT TOO, BUT REMEMBER WE MIGHT AS WELL SEND FAXES AND MAILS(POSTED ON) APRIL 3RD and APRIL 4TH.

IF YOU HAVE FAX NUMBER AND MAIL ADDRESS OF SOME NEWS CHANNELS PLEASE POST THEM HERE, IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA TO SEND THEM THE FAXES/MAIL TOO.

FOR NOW STICK TO THE PLAN.

LoveNY said:
Are we sending these letters only to Ms. Chao or to everyone on the below list ?
should we start sending letters on April 3rd or make sure letters reach them on april 3rd or 4th.

PLEASE CLARIFY.
Originally Posted by support.gc
DOES ANYONE GIVE ME THE FAX NUMBER? Please provide fax number

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE POST BELOW ON EVERY website and different forums within a website (murthy/immigrationportal/etc) YOU VISIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a

MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

WE ARE NOT VOTING ON WETHER WE WANT TO FAX or MAIL.. I would say lets do both. IF you prefer Fax send a Fax(if you get the number please provide us the fax number too), if you prefer Mail send a mail. I recommend BOTH ways.

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
(202) 693-6000

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
Washington, DC 20210

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we sending these letters only to Ms. Chao or to everyone on the below list ?
should we start sending letters on April 3rd or make sure letters reach them on april 3rd or 4th.

WE SEND LETTERS ON APRIL 3rd or 4th (NOT BEFORE)
WE FAX LETTERS ON APRIL 3rd or 4th

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q) Are we sending these letters only to Ms. Chao or to everyone on the below list ? should we start sending letters on April 3rd or make sure letters reach them on april 3rd or 4th.

WE ARE SENDING LETTERS (MAIL/FAX) ON APRIL 3rd an April 4th.
POSTING = DROPING LETTERS IN POST BOX ON THAT DAY

Q) Are we sending letters to Ms.Chao only or all members on the team.

WE ARE SENDING LETTERS TO ALL MEMBERS ON THAT TEAM

Q) Is it a good plan to send letters to senators and media

YES WE WOULD LIKE TO SEND LETTERS TO SENATORS AND MEDIA. WE HAVE THE NAMES OF SENATORS, BUT WE DO NOT HAVE THEIR ADDRESS AND FAX NUMBERS. IF ANYONE HAS THEM PLEASE PROVIDE THEM.

Q) Media is good idea.

PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH SOME ADDRESS FOR MEDIA, THAT IS THE REASON WE WILL BE SENDING FAXES ON APRIL 3rd SO THAT THIS WILL BE COORDINATED.

MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
(202) 693-6000

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
Washington, DC 20210

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam,

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

Address for ABC NEWS
abc.news.magazines@abc.com

REMEMBER TO SEND BELOW LETTER TO ALL YOU FRIENDS VIA EMAIL AND ASK THEM TO MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY, ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO FORWARD THIS LETTER TO ALL THEIR FRIENDS. PLEASE DO IT NOW.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CUT AND PASTE AND SEND A EMAIL.

WE WILL TRY TO UPDATE THE POSTING WITH MORE ADDRESS/FAXES OF SENATORS AND MEDIA.

WE ARE SENDING LETTERS (MAIL/FAX) ON APRIL 3rd an April 4th.
POSTING = DROPING LETTERS IN POST BOX ON THAT DAY

Q) Are we sending letters to Ms.Chao only or all members on the team.

WE ARE SENDING LETTERS TO ALL MEMBERS ON THAT TEAM

MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
(202) 693-6000

U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Sir / Madam,

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

Update !!

Folks,

I got my updated information as follows:

Case Number: P-05154-53***
State: New Jersey
Case Source: State
Priority Date (PD): 02/04/2004
Processing Type: EB3/RIR
Case Reciept Date: 02/04/2004
Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Although I have not recieved any 45 Day Letter. My company's HR is as uncooperative as it gets. They do not even let me talk to the attorney directly. I am completely oblivious to what is happening.

I am already in 6th year of H1 and will need 7th year extension after Nov 2006.

If I undestand it correctly, this means my case has been entered in the system and a 45 day letter must have been generated.

Any Comments !!!

Here is my 2 cents:

your case has been entered in Philadelphia BEC but unsure
if 45 day letter is generated.

talktome said:
Folks,

I got my updated information as follows:

Case Number: P-05154-53***
State: New Jersey
Case Source: State
Priority Date (PD): 02/04/2004
Processing Type: EB3/RIR
Case Reciept Date: 02/04/2004
Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Although I have not recieved any 45 Day Letter. My company's HR is as uncooperative as it gets. They do not even let me talk to the attorney directly. I am completely oblivious to what is happening.

I am already in 6th year of H1 and will need 7th year extension after Nov 2006.

If I undestand it correctly, this means my case has been entered in the system and a 45 day letter must have been generated.

Any Comments !!!