Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

scatcat said:
Please read the success stories with PERM below, lot of cases were converted to PERM to retain old PD and many have been successful in doing so. You get your labor cleared retain the old PD and do not have to wait for BEC, believe me it is not worth reading these BEC forums...I mean it only causes grief and the wait is endless. I thought it might bring some light to the members of this forum. PERM is proven success provided you do it right. Do not waste time with BEC, better yet I-140s are also taking less time, for those of you who want H1 extns you will get 3 yrs this way!!

Good luck, I am one of the success stories with PERM myself.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1387993#post1387993

scatcat:

How long did it take for this conversion from PBEC to PERM and the final approval. people around here are skeptical cos, if it is a fresh PERM case, things wud be smooth, but an already filed case being moved to PERm and the fear of losing the PD is pulling us back...and waiting for this mirage of PBEC..

thinking of it, even after 45 day letters r issued out and recieving tonnes of replies, there is no doubt there will be some more mess with these replies..

its seriously big time we do some mailing and faxing to the bigwigs at DOL, maybe atleast Stefanko will be feared that the top guys r aware of the situation.

scatcat said:
Please read the success stories with PERM below, lot of cases were converted to PERM to retain old PD and many have been successful in doing so. You get your labor cleared retain the old PD and do not have to wait for BEC, believe me it is not worth reading these BEC forums...I mean it only causes grief and the wait is endless. I thought it might bring some light to the members of this forum. PERM is proven success provided you do it right. Do not waste time with BEC, better yet I-140s are also taking less time, for those of you who want H1 extns you will get 3 yrs this way!!

Good luck, I am one of the success stories with PERM myself.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1387993#post1387993

When one file in PERM there is a period in which your old Labor application is withdrawn and new one under pERM issued. During this period what is the Status of H1b which is extended using the Pending Labor. This could be a concern for those who are after 6 Years of H1

Support and count me in

Look at the illegal immigrant rallies around the country. We have the same rights as they do if not more. But we, the PBEC victims, seem to be invisible so far. Thousands of late comers are getting ahead of us because of the inefficiency of PBEC. By the time we finally get our LCs approved, we will probably have to stand in a very long line waiting for I-140s and I-485s because USCIS will probably be busy processing the visas for millions of illegal immigrants after the bills in favor of the illegal immigrants have passed. Let's united and protest by sending faxes and letters if a physical rally is difficult. There are over 100,000 of us. Let the country hear our voices too.

adaddada said:
Hi Guys,
I think it's time for us(including our laywers) to file a compliant regarding the extramely low effiency at Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking
to DOL upper management-i.e Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao
Comparing with Dallas BEC, PBEC is so bad in every aspect. We should be united together and ask our laywers to file the complaint to her.

:mad:

Let us decide when to send postal mails

Still waiting for others opinion. Let us finalize when to send postal mails !

LoveNY said:
I agree with you, lets send on 30th itself so they reach on 3rd/4th.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Originally Posted by PBECIsKillingMe
Let us send mails on 30th March and faxes on 3rd and 4th April. This will end up having them getting mail and faxes on same day.

Does this make sense to you guys?

MD/VA/DC people snail mail on 31 of March
Rest of the country 30 of March

Fax on 3 & 4 th of April.

Sounds like a plan?

Last edited by a moderator:
VA cases before May 2002?

I was checking the tracker and I filtered by SWA = Virginia and found out that most of the cases from VA before June 2002 are approved.

Are there lot of people with PD before June 2002 from VA in this forum still waiting for approval from PBEC ?

New York RIR EB2 Waiting for Approval.....

Any best guess on the following scenario? Crossed the 4th year waiting period!

PD: March 18, 2002
New York: EB2
45 Day Letter: Replied 1st week of July 2005
PBEC Tracker: 0512X-XXXXX

I know atleast quite a few of my friends in the same company are waiting for approval who have filed in EB2 in New York between November 2001 to May 2002. So far no news from PBEC....!

ItsTough said:
So many of us have their 485 current without having the labor..

What happens if the 485 goes beyond July 2002 to 2003 or 2004 in the next months?

There are so many people who use pre-approved labors and if our labor is not approved in the next few months... will these numbers be occupied by them? will this lead to another retrogression? people from 2003 will get 485 and GCs before 2002?

My intention is not to disappoint you but if the backlog is not cleared fast then unfortunately I think that is what is going to happen..
Just my gut feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes - that is a very likely scenario.

Infact I have a friend who used a pre-approved labor. His lawyer used the Priority date of the pre-approved labor and filed I-485.
I dont know how that is possible but has happened.

ItsTough said:
So many of us have their 485 current without having the labor..

What happens if the 485 goes beyond July 2002 to 2003 or 2004 in the next months?

There are so many people who use pre-approved labors and if our labor is not approved in the next few months... will these numbers be occupied by them? will this lead to another retrogression? people from 2003 will get 485 and GCs before 2002?

Wake Up Guys !!!!

Capitol sounds like pro-immigrant for a change. Most like Bill Frist's draft will be accepted with some minor changes. People who filed with PERM will be cleared before us.

Wake Up. This Is Our Last Chance.

We need to represent ourselves to senators and house very soon - may be with rally, with law-suite or with mass mailing. As per my opinion, law-suite will not work in this. Mass mailing and rally are only options. Mass mailing should not be limited to Elaine Chao etc... of DOL but MUST BE CC'd to all senators and members of house.

Will the illegals be processed through existing systems without any increase of
resources ? If then both legals & illegals are ---ewed .
I thought if somebody appears in public claiming that he/she is illegal , the
immigration dept. would arrest/deport that person. But no one was touched
in the protests. I hope they show the same attitude when it comes to an H1B who was out of status.

prince123 said:
Will the illegals be processed through existing systems without any increase of
resources ? If then both legals & illegals are ---ewed .
I thought if somebody appears in public claiming that he/she is illegal , the
immigration dept. would arrest/deport that person. But no one was touched
in the protests. I hope they show the same attitude when it comes to an H1B who was out of status.
There is a difference.
Legal immigrants are threat to white collar jobs. Illegal immigrants are needed to clean up rest rooms.

Legal immigrants don't have much voting base. Illegal 12 million ...

LedBy said:
MD/VA/DC people snail mail on 31 of March
Rest of the country 30 of March

Fax on 3 & 4 th of April.

Sounds like a plan?
Count me in for letters and Fax.I think we should also press for removal of Stefan S. from his post of chief of PBEC , because of his inefficiency and the mess he has created in PBEC.If he stays ,whatever we do , is not going to help us much. The performance of any unit reflects the capabilities of the chief administrator and this person has totally failed on all fronts.We need to highlight this.

H1B - good or bad

checkout the impact of new regulation about filing new H1b and extension of stay...immigration-law.com or uscis.gov..

also some new regulation about filing i-140/i-485 applications which may not be relevent for us right now but impact will be there !!

PD : aug,2001 MD...

Please read this for previous lawsuit details

Guys

Read the attachment that contains details about a previous (failed) lawsuit. DOL won the case but has acknowledged that all the delay were caused by amnesity programs (see factual details in page 4).

Can we use this as a reference and file a case that the new amnesity program will plague the already broken system.

Section 245(i) is the root cause of all delays that we are dealing with now. Don't know what will happen with the new amnesity program.