Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

samarthk said:
saknia,

i don't think that the pbec is done looking at 2002 cases. i have a priority date of february 2002 and i received my 45-day letter a year and 3 months back(december 2004). still no information about the application. have written to the secretary of labor to ask about details, let's see if i hear anything from them.

details:

priority date - february 2002
regional - july 2003
type - rir
state - pa
45 - december 2004

I haven't heard any update on my case either..which is very close to yours.
Mar 2002 PD
Regional (PA) - Aug' 2003
Type -RIR
State - VA
45 days - Dec 2004

Today i received screen shot from DOL

This is in response to your inquiry on your pending application for Foreign Labor Employment Certification.

Case Information

ETA Case Number: T-05147-xxxxx
Priority Date:
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: State
Employer Name: OXFORD
Business Activity:
Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:
Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:
Alien Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Visa Type: H-1B
Nationality or Citizenship:
Case Received Date: 11/03/2003
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

U.S. Department of Labor
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing Stuff

NYLabor2002,

Its pretty amazing that you actually got a response. This means that DOL is finally waking up. Also, did u recieve your 45 Day letter earlier or is this the first time?

I don't think they would have looked manually thru 350 K cases. They must have thought let's get the application again. This might actually help move your application.

Do keep everyone here posted.

NYLabor2002 said:
Hi,
I wrote a letter/email to Secretory of Labor Dept. Some one from DOL called me earlier this week. He said, he couldn't locate my case out of 350,000 applications and he is going to order manual search to BEC. The next day, a guy from BEC called me and asked for the lawyer/employer info. He contacted the lawyer to resubmit my application. Looks like they lost my application. My lawyer faxed the copy it. Today i got my screenshot with case number P-06082-XXXXX and also confirmed that BEC generated the 45 day letter. I should be getting in few days. :)

7th and 8th year extensions

My LC with PD of 2002 has been pending at PBEC, so in the same boat with you all. I am tired of my current job. So, wanted to find out if anyone knows, if I transfer whatever time I have left on my 7th year H1B visa to a new employer and my current employer withdraws the LC application, whether my H1B visa becomes void. Thanks in advance for any information you may have on this.

luckyPBPCer said:
My LC with PD of 2002 has been pending at PBEC, so in the same boat with you all. I am tired of my current job. So, wanted to find out if anyone knows, if I transfer whatever time I have left on my 7th year H1B visa to a new employer and my current employer withdraws the LC application, whether my H1B visa becomes void. Thanks in advance for any information you may have on this.
If you get your H1 transferred and then your LC app is withdrawn there should not be any issue. But you will run in to problems when you go for 8th year extensions. To obviate that you may need PERM to be filed quickly after joining new employer and get in to I-140 queue. I don't what are the rules for H1 extension but a pending I-140 may also be legible for one year H1 extension. If you are lucky you may have I-140 approvaed before filing for 8th year extension. In this case you can get 9th,10th and 11th year extension.

NYLabor2002 said:
Hi,
I wrote a letter/email to Secretory of Labor Dept. Some one from DOL called me earlier this week. He said, he couldn't locate my case out of 350,000 applications and he is going to order manual search to BEC. The next day, a guy from BEC called me and asked for the lawyer/employer info. He contacted the lawyer to resubmit my application. Looks like they lost my application. My lawyer faxed the copy it. Today i got my screenshot with case number P-06082-XXXXX and also confirmed that BEC generated the 45 day letter. I should be getting in few days. :)

that was good idea instead of just waiting in limbo....!! some motivation to others...congrats for fighting it out

This is the first time, i am seeing the screenshot as well as the 45 day letter. I got the response from DOL in 2 weeks time.

2002calabor said:
NYLabor2002,

Its pretty amazing that you actually got a response. This means that DOL is finally waking up. Also, did u recieve your 45 Day letter earlier or is this the first time?

I don't think they would have looked manually thru 350 K cases. They must have thought let's get the application again. This might actually help move your application.

Do keep everyone here posted.

immi_info said:
I haven't heard any update on my case either..which is very close to yours.
Mar 2002 PD
Regional (PA) - Aug' 2003
Type -RIR
State - VA
45 days - Dec 2004
Same here. PD May 14, 2002 from VA. Patiently waiting for that "lucky" day.

I would recommend that if this has to be done it has to be done by alot of people, PBEC and Dept of Labor is such a mess that 10 letters does not make a difference for these guys. It has to be coordinated and atleast we need 100 letters with in same week and from different parts of the country "WITH SAME SUBJECT" even content is different.

May be 4 x 39cents stamps from 100 people wakes these people ....
How about week of April 2nd - April 7th we all mail the letters to Senators/DOL Staff/News Channels

We have names of DOL Staff
We need names of News Channels
We need names of Senators

I would recommend that if this has to be done it has to be done by alot of people, PBEC and Dept of Labor is such a mess that 10 letters does not make a difference for these guys. It has to be coordinated and atleast we need 100 letters with in same week and from different parts of the country "WITH SAME SUBJECT" even content is different.

May be 4 x 39cents stamps from 100 people wakes these people ....
How about week of April 2nd - April 7th we all mail the letters to Senators/DOL Staff/News Channels

We have names of DOL Staff, We need names of News Channels, We need names of Senators

According to Murthy bulletin...

The BPCs still do not seem to be working at full speed; particularly the Philadelphia BPC. The Dallas BPC is working in a manner that is clearly out of date order, rather than by FIFO as was originally planned. These are important issues that need to be addressed. More and more cases are being filed again under PERM because individuals and employers are tired of waiting for BPC action. This creates more work for the DOL, with multiple filings on behalf of the same individual. People would be less anxious to file again if they could see real movement and predictability at the BPCs.

Probably this is what is happening..

I think PBEC is definitely working and moving forward. My details are:

ETA case no - P-05216-XXXXX
PD - March 25, 2005
Recieved the 45 day letter and replied it.

mehtar said:
I think PBEC is definitely working and moving forward. My details are:

ETA case no - P-05216-XXXXX
PD - March 25, 2005
Recieved the 45 day letter and replied it.

Can you give us your SWA , RIR , EB category?

congrats!

Congratulations! and all the best in next stages.

could you please give us more details about your case like state, 45day letter received date, reply date and whether you are still in the 6year period or on 1 year extensions. thanks in advance.

immi2003 said:
Labor approved 2 days back
EB3, non rir, PD May 2003

Labor Certified

I got a call from my lawyer yesterday, after almost 5 years my Labor is finally approved. This thread helped me alot in understanding my situation. Thanks for the posts. GOOD LUCK to the rest...

DC RIR EB3
Case# P-04274-xxxxx
PD: 4-12-2001
Certified letter: Mar. 14, 2006

immi2003 details are :

immi2003 details are :
EB3 - NON RIR May 2003
Filed at Philadelphia
45 days letter received in Feb 2005
Never heard anything after that. :(

immi2003 said:
Labor approved 2 days back
EB3, non rir, PD May 2003

vetchay said:
I got a call from my lawyer yesterday, after almost 5 years my Labor is finally approved. This thread helped me alot in understanding my situation. Thanks for the posts. GOOD LUCK to the rest...

DC RIR EB3
Case# P-04274-xxxxx
PD: 4-12-2001
Certified letter: Mar. 14, 2006
Congratulations....Nice to see 2 approvals.

Would all the users please update your signatures with State/Type/PD etc.. as after someone reports a case status update, there are atleast a couple of posts asking the info like state/pd etcs...

Thanks..