Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

DKSearch said:
My LCA has Date of Received: 09-Jun-2004 (filed to Maryland), but I have not received the 45-day letter yet. I am wondering if this delay is normal or if there is a way to check the progress and status out. :confused:

Thanks much,

I dont understand what it is with the 45 letter. My priority date is Jan 2005. I got my 45 later way back September 2005. Many of friends have filed in March 2006 from the same employer and have not yet got 45 letter. Does getting a 45 letter earlier mean that the case will be processed soon? I am from florida.

florida_2005 said:
I dont understand what it is with the 45 letter. My priority date is Jan 2005. I got my 45 later way back September 2005. Many of friends have filed in March 2006 from the same employer and have not yet got 45 letter. Does getting a 45 letter earlier mean that the case will be processed soon? I am from florida.

I think it's terrible- how could they do that ;)
Come on MY pd is 2001 and didn't get 45 day letter.

Certified- amazed

I got the letter from PBEC saying my application is certified-- I am kind of surprised. I was not expecting it to be certified before the end of this year.

Priority date : Jan 2004 Philadelphia SWA -- NON RIR

Recruitment in October 2004

45 day letter in July 2005

Certified 17 th March 2006

nviren said:
Hi,

In my company, a labor application applied in 2002 received an intent to deny notice saying that the experience criteria is too restrictive and asking for the justification why 5 years of experience is required.

Does anybody here know what needs to be done to answer this kind of notice?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Do you have any idea if this case was cleared in regional.

nviren said:
Hi,

In my company, a labor application applied in 2002 received an intent to deny notice saying that the experience criteria is too restrictive and asking for the justification why 5 years of experience is required.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Do you know what kind of job profile the LC required?
I mean what kind of occupation..

sanjoo123 said:
I got the letter from PBEC saying my application is certified-- I am kind of surprised. I was not expecting it to be certified before the end of this year.

Hi Sanjooo,

Is you case EB3 or EB2?

Do you have more information about this case? RIR or Non-RIR, What's the PD of the case, etc..? Is it a BS+5yrs case?

nviren said:
Hi,

Please let me know.

Thanks

Intent to deny notice

Kahada said:
Do you have more information about this case? RIR or Non-RIR, What's the PD of the case, etc..? Is it a BS+5yrs case?

Its Nov 2002 case, Non-RIR EB2 for Software Engg asking for BS + 5 yrs case applied from Pittsburgh, PA and went regional to Philly.

PERM vs. PBEC

Fellow PBEC sufferers, you may want to consider filing PERM
case in parallel with the PBEC case.

After waiting for 3.5 years for RIR LC, I got PERM approval from
Chicago in 3 weeks. Filed in beginning of Feb, hard copy arrived
in end of Feb - beginning of March. Sorry, I do not have other details.

I decided to file PERM for the same position instead of converting
RIR case. This way RIR case is backup if PERM case is denied,
but I get fresh priority date. My visa status is current now
(EB2-Worldwide), but if it gets retrogressed I would still be in no
worse position than if I didn't file PERM. All immigration reform
proposals discussed now are boosting number of visas, and if they
don't then I still have RIR case slowly making its way thru the PBEC
maze.

Of course, PERM may take lot longer, costs money and there is
still the risk that DOL disallows having BEC and PERM LCs for
the same position. But compared to never-ending wait for PBEC
it was worth trying for me.

This is not a legal advice. Be sure to consult your attorney before
taking any steps.

This something away from the toping

Situation:

- My multiple entry visa stamp and I-94 has expired two weeks ago and my wifes multiple entry visa stamp and I-94 will expire next month.
- We both have been in US on a Valid H-1B visas, she has a H-1B --- she is not a dependent.
- We both received our 7th year H-1B extensions last month which is valid until next year based pending GC applications.
- Last week I have been approved for a Canadian PR and we have to send our passports to Canadian Consulate for PR stamping.

Questions:
Q1) To validate the Canada PR, I am planning to go to Canada for a week, Are there any known issues if we stay in Canada only for 5 days ?

Q2) Does canadain PR need valid multiple entry stamp in their passport? assuming they have valid H-1B Visa and expired I-94? Does AVR apply here?

Q3) During those 5 days I am planning and get multiple stamping done again. Would there be a issue if we have Canada PR stamping in our passports while we go for Multiple Stamping to US Consulate in Ottawa for a 7th year extension?

Q4) Are there any known issues having a Canada PR and coming back to us on a H-1B (7th year)?

cacheline said:

taking any steps.

I am considering applying for PERM. Same situation. Filed LC in Feb. 2005, not much hope to get that approved soon.
Can anybody recomend a good lawyer? How much are they charging?
Current lawer does not tell me anything, I found out about this delay and this forum searching in google. He does not answer calls, emails, does not give appointments, or anything after I paid the total of 10k for the LC. Not even paid consultations. He only give app. for new customers. :(
Thanks

PERM Cost

Hi,
Does anyone have a rough estimate, as to what is the cost involved in filing Labor Certification under PERM..?

Just a rough idea, if you or anyone you know has gone through the process?

Thanks

Consult a lawyer

I think you should consult an immigration professional who is familiar with Canadian and US immigration. Posting these questions on this site and getting guesses from folks in this forum would not help you and also would not help the folks in this forum who are eagerly awaiting (???!!!) their LC approvals.

support.gc said:
This something away from the toping

Situation:

- My multiple entry visa stamp and I-94 has expired two weeks ago and my wifes multiple entry visa stamp and I-94 will expire next month.
- We both have been in US on a Valid H-1B visas, she has a H-1B --- she is not a dependent.
- We both received our 7th year H-1B extensions last month which is valid until next year based pending GC applications.
- Last week I have been approved for a Canadian PR and we have to send our passports to Canadian Consulate for PR stamping.

Questions:
Q1) To validate the Canada PR, I am planning to go to Canada for a week, Are there any known issues if we stay in Canada only for 5 days ?

Q2) Does canadain PR need valid multiple entry stamp in their passport? assuming they have valid H-1B Visa and expired I-94? Does AVR apply here?

Q3) During those 5 days I am planning and get multiple stamping done again. Would there be a issue if we have Canada PR stamping in our passports while we go for Multiple Stamping to US Consulate in Ottawa for a 7th year extension?

Q4) Are there any known issues having a Canada PR and coming back to us on a H-1B (7th year)?

Are you sure you can file the PERM with the same job position and description as the RIR? My lawyer just told me that we can not do that. You have to either convert the current RIR with the risk of losing the PD or file a PERM for a new position. Could you verify it?

thanks
cacheline said:

I decided to file PERM for the same position instead of converting
RIR case. This way RIR case is backup if PERM case is denied,
but I get fresh priority date. My visa status is current now
(EB2-Worldwide), but if it gets retrogressed I would still be in no
worse position than if I didn't file PERM. All immigration reform
proposals discussed now are boosting number of visas, and if they
don't then I still have RIR case slowly making its way thru the PBEC
maze.

Of course, PERM may take lot longer, costs money and there is
still the risk that DOL disallows having BEC and PERM LCs for
the same position. But compared to never-ending wait for PBEC
it was worth trying for me.

taking any steps.

Between $2000 and $2500

Approximately between $2000 and $2500.

waiting4gc02 said:
Hi,
Does anyone have a rough estimate, as to what is the cost involved in filing Labor Certification under PERM..?

Just a rough idea, if you or anyone you know has gone through the process?

Thanks

sanjoo123 said:

Strange are the ways by which BECS work.

Congratulations sanjoo!. I think you will go down in history as the second person from 2004 applicants who got his LC approved from PBEC
:)

Good luck for your subsequent stages.

Cric said:
Strange are the ways by which BECS work.

Congratulations sanjoo!. I think you will go down in history as the second person from 2004 applicants who got his LC approved from PBEC
:)

Good luck for your subsequent stages.

Sorry, second person who has reported in this forum. there could be other 2004 approved cases which have not been reported..

PBEC and PERM for same position

Kahada said:
Are you sure you can file the PERM with the same job position and description as the RIR? My lawyer just told me that we can not do that. You have to either convert the current RIR with the risk of losing the PD or file a PERM for a new position. Could you verify it?

thanks

Could you please ask your attorney to refer to official up-to-date publication disallowing
the concurrent PBEC/PERM filing?

DOL published a rule prohibiting concurrent PBEC/PERM filing for same position in Aug, 2005 and
was forced ro remove it. I guess there are two reasons for the removal. First, there must be a
strong pushback from employers who rightfully claim that DOL cannot prohibit concurrent filing until
BEC start working efficiently. The second perhaps more important reason is that DOL lacks capability
to detect concurrent filing in BEC and PERM. After all, they haven't entered all backlog cases yet.
This of course may change at anytime, but in the worst case scenario you could always drop one
of the LCs; that's what DOL asked people having multiple PERM applications to do in January.

I am not a layer and the above is not a legal advice.