Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Agree, but...

MDwaiter24,

I totally agree...it's a rocky road, many of us have been on this one for 4+ years but I think keeping a positive spirit is crucial to retain our sanity.

That said, I think it is also important to foster discussions on steps that could be taken (from members, such as support of IV) to speed things up, garnering support for bringing the PBEC plight to light, etc. Things somehow have a way of finding some positive out of it...who knows, may be the PBEC folks are also reading this forum ;)

Also, as long as it remains within limits (which is a difficult thing to judge) it may not be a bad thing to discuss about retrogression, PERM and other options because PBEC is just the journey, but the 485 is destination. Discussions on the options in the subsequent stages will certainly help some of us to get the knowledge to consider other options that may be available.

MDwaiter24 said:
Finally good news!

Good luck! Some unhappy individuals from this forum whose
PD is 2003, 2004, or 2005 should calm down and realize
that there are people with your PD without the need to
express their anger, frustration and anxiety on here.

Guys let's behave like adults and post PBEC related topics only.
Retrogression, awarness, I-140, PERM are NOT topics concerning
this forum. Bickering, moaning, whining and attacking others is
contraproductive and it discourages users who actually have something
useful to say.

Thanks

"PBEC is closing cases left and right" ??

I don't get that impression, with PBEC *still* working on 2001 cases !!

Regarding your question on 140 dates, the rule says that once a 140 is approved, the PD of the 140 belongs to the alien for the *same* visa type meaning EB PD may beb used for EB, family-based for family-GCs. The alien can then apply for another GC, regardless of EB category and regardless of sponsoring employer and retain an older PD. I'm sure a little Googling can fetch you the INS memo on this one.

sk0902 said:
Hi saknia,Cric, Sahil2002 , labordrags, cantstandit and others...

Thanks for all your input.

I am going to file I-140 with the PERM labor and will continue the PBEC labor too.
I know I will get I-140 in 3/4 months. But if I get the PBEC labor approved, I will file I-140 and I-485 again. That way I will get the approved sooner. However if they get rejected I can still fall back to the earlier one.

With now a days when PBEC is closing cases left and right, I feel little secure now than a week back.

Also, can you please provide me more info on substituing OLD PD if the I-140 is already approved. My lawyer said it is not possible. Can you provide me some link here.

Thanks
Subir

GotGC?? said:

Regarding your question on 140 dates, the rule says that once a 140 is approved, the PD of the 140 belongs to the alien for the *same* visa type meaning EB PD may beb used for EB, family-based for family-GCs. The alien can then apply for another GC, regardless of EB category and regardless of sponsoring employer and retain an older PD. I'm sure a little Googling can fetch you the INS memo on this one.
GotGC, Saknia, Stresstestusa and gurus,

Can you please provide whatever information you have for Some questions on the same topic of reusing the PD after I140 approval

1) If my current Labor is filed in Eb3 and if I get Labor and I140 approved and then if I join new employer and file PERM in EB2 and then I140 with new employer, can I use the PD of first EB3 application while appling for 485 when the Eb3 date becomes current for the Old PD ?

2) Alternatively, if 485 date for new EB2 PD becomes current, can I apply 485 based on the new EB2 approved date ?

3) If I decide to retain the old PD, do I need to wait for new PERM and I140 labor approval from new employer before filing for 485 even if the old Eb3 PD is current ?

Any information you can provide will be helpful. Since I am on Eb3 , I want to guessestimate how long it will take with current labor or with new GC process.

thanks in advance.

Congratulations ! Another approval from CA..

Eb3 or Eb2 ?
Do we know exact date of PD in June 2002 ?

saknia said:
GCcomesoon
Registered User Join Date: May 2002

Finally one approval for CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post your updates/approvals here for CA, that will help lot us

Labor Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend labor approved .

Details:-
BEC : Philly
PD june 2002
state :CA

sunshine

njdude26 said:
My company had changed address and then the company was bought over by another company.
In the process it seems the labor had sent the 45 day letter in Sept'05 to the company. My lawyer got a letter today saying that 'Case has been Closed' !!
the lawyer never got the 45 day letter.
I filed and got my 8th year approval last month.

Now what do we do ? the lawyer says he will send a letter to labor saying the case needs to be opened and we never got the letter.
Anyone has had a similiar experience ?
Im also filing a new PERM case with the new company.
But my current visa ends next Feb. im not sure if i will have an approved 140 before that with the new PERM (provided labor gets approved !)

So what do i do ??!!

Let me extend my heartfelt sympathies to you. Hope you get things back on track pretty soon.

From your previous posting I’ve learned that your PD is 10/2002 and they claim to have sent your 45-Day letter on 09/2005.

While there is a lot of randomness in what PBEC does, but lets for sake of argument take this as a trend.

It is obvious that they don’t really count 45 days after issuing 45-Day letter. But I think they look for 45-Day letter reply when they are ready to look at a case.
So in other words they opened your case for adjudication and found missing 45-Day letter.
This would be good news to general folks, as your case PD is 10/2002, and if indeed they are looking at 10/2002 cases then they are really doing so in fast pace.
While some folks from early 2002 are still waiting for 45-day letter etc stuff, I think they are few in numbers.
Also based on previous approval news in forums. We know that PBEC process cases in bulk with range of PD’s. Last week we had few cases ranging from late 2001 till mid 2002. So maybe the next batch of approvals would see cases from mid 2002 till early 2003.

Guys, just trying to imagine a shining sun on this grey gloomy day in NorthEast.

ekkatip said:
EB3
PD Date : June 4th 2002
State : CA
BEC : PBEC
Congrats man...!!

why cant approved guys give all the info like when was the 45 day letter recd etc..

People stuck @pbec are desperate to know the most info....!!

bostonqa said:
But I think they look for 45-Day letter reply when they are ready to look at a case.
So in other words they opened your case for adjudication and found missing 45-Day letter.
This would be good news to general folks, as your case PD is 10/2002, and if indeed they are looking at 10/2002 cases then they are really doing so in fast pace.
/QUOTE]

that's an interesting case ... but I think maybe what's happening is that PBEC may have assigned a bunch of staff to quickly go through cases just to see if the 45-day reply has been received by PBEC or not ... and closing cases accordingly. They must have been feeling a lot of heat from attorneys because of wrongfully closed cases, so they may have changed their internal procedures.

If that's the case, then that means the data entry may be in its final stages, and they're preparing for the adjudication phase ...

Any NY labor certificate approved from Philly BEC?

Greetings, anyone from New York got his/her labor certificate approved from Philly BEC? Please share your joy with us.

I'd like to see how likely I will receive mine within half a year? Should I consider submitting a PERM conversion at all?

My case:
RIR EB2, filed in Aug, 2002
45-day letter replied in Nov 2005
State: New York
Backlog Elimination Center: Philadelphia

Any information will be highly appreciated!

Got reply from John Beverly

Hi:
I sent a letter to Emily Stover DeRocco (Asst Sec DOL) about a month ago and Saturday I got a mail from John Beverly. The mail says I empathize with the situation..., we are on the track to finish everything by Sep 2007. IN my letter I only provided my name and address and nothing else.

With the letter also came the screenshot from Philli BEC with my case# (*T***). Iwas very surprised to see that.

My take on this issue is this:

1) THey are trying harder than before, but 18 months ,- I do not buy it
2) Writing letter to higher ups in DOL actually is benificial. More letters people send, more and more pressure will be created.

What I do not understand, why they bothered to pull up my case and send me a screen shot!!

arlong said:
Greetings, anyone from New York got his/her labor certificate approved from Philly BEC? Please share your joy with us.

I'd like to see how likely I will receive mine within half a year? Should I consider submitting a PERM conversion at all?

My case:
RIR EB2, filed in Aug, 2002
45-day letter replied in Nov 2005
State: New York
Backlog Elimination Center: Philadelphia

Any information will be highly appreciated!

Hi

See this link in future for approvals
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202870

Since your are Aug 2002 I will advise you to wait for 3 months and you will get yours soon.If you start PERM now it will take 3 months. Aug 2002 PD is very good. Please be patient and you will make it with that PD

Questions regarding Labor Substitution and retrogression....

All/Experts,

I applied for Labor in July 2004(from a company in MD) and another employee from the same company, same job description, same group had applied in June 2003. He was recently "let go":eek:. I was wondering if I could use the labor petition filed for him. It hasn’t been approved (no points for guessing that one) and not sure if the 45 day letter has been issued for that yet (as PBEC is the one where it is being handled). I am from India and the priority date is July 02 for EB2. :mad:
In this case:
1) How is the PD affected if/when I go in for a substituted labor ?
2) Will the PD for the purposes of filing for I-485 be
a) My current PD, or
b) The date of filing of the LC which I wish to use, or
c) The date when the I-485 application is filed (this option seems strange as I did not understand how will someone be able to file I-485 without the date being current due to retrogression), or
d) The date when I-140 is filed with the substituted LC ?
3) What are the repercussions on the process if this labor has not been approved ?
4) What happens to my current PD and LC ? Would I still be able to use this in case something goes wrong with the substitution ?

What would the advantages be of using a substituion vs. the disadvantages at this stage ?
I have been a member of the forum for pretty long and am a regular reader so thought this would be logical place to ask my query with so many experts hanging around here. :D

Thanks in advance.
=====================
PD: July 2004
RD: Didn’t even make it that far
EB2/RIR
State: MD
45DL: Yeah sure!! Grrrrrr…………
Case NO.: Don’t know (don’t wanna slow down the snails)

to njdude26

Sympthy to your situation. A couple things you can do:

1. ask your attorney to explain the situation and keep following up every 2 weeks

2. write a letter to local senator or congressman. You will at least get a letter from DOL officier on the status of the reopening.

3. pay a personal visit to PBEC and ask to see the certifying officier.

4. If the above still don't work out, you hire a lawyer and sue the DOL. My friend did the same thing with USCIS. His I485 approval was delayed. He got his green card soon after he filed the law suit.

Trust me there are more things you can do. Just don't give up.

I'm here..

Still waiting.... @ pbec

EB3,RIR
State : CA: 2x June 2002
Regional : 05/2003
45days letter: recd: feb 3rd;replied feb 10th 2005
Approval date : ????? :confused:

My collegue's whose case is just 1 day before me,went to dbec, got cleared last june'05, and his i140 approved nov.05.

I'm struck here.. [Though, I am happy at least he got thru this].

some staff moved from DBEC -> PBEC

My law firm told me that there is some movement of staff from DBEC to PBEC in order to speed up the things at slowed-PBEC. I see some activity of approvals in PBEC in the last few weeks which sort of confirms this news. But anything is possible because this system is not very transparent.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks GotGC

GotGC?? said:

Thanks GotGc for the reply.
I am not changing the employer. I am just trying to find out if I get I-140 in 4/5 months, can I get the PD of the older Labor for filing 485 ?

But anyway, I guess the answer of that is NO.

Any Approvals for GA from PBEC

Folks,
Thankyou very much for sharing great information.
Any one from GA got approval from PBEC.

------------------------------------------------------
RIR GA EB3
PD March 13,2003
RD July 02,2003
45 day letter sent 02/25/2005
Case # P-05012-XXXXX
Case Status : RIR

Last edited by a moderator:
PBEC's problem is with Stephen Stefanko. He has told PBEC workers that the center won't be closed until 2009.

lekheye said:
My law firm told me that there is some movement of staff from DBEC to PBEC in order to speed up the things at slowed-PBEC. I see some activity of approvals in PBEC in the last few weeks which sort of confirms this news. But anything is possible because this system is not very transparent.

hufx said:
PBEC's problem is with Stephen Stefanko. He has told PBEC workers that the center won't be closed until 2009.

I think the PBEC staff is doing all they could and they are working hard, but the sheer number of applications might be too much to process for a handful of people.

they can always say "we worked hard but there were plenty of applications " we would get to hear that only after 19 months and that worries me.

Labor Approved

At last, I see silver lining!!!
Long wait of 4 years 4months is paying off.
My labor was approved.
Below are my details.
Good luck to everyone.
I also wish to Thank all the active and positively oriented members for posting on this forum, and keeping my hopes alive. :D :D :D

PD: November 01 2001
RD: January 29 2004
45 Day Letter Mar 28th 2005
Approval Letter: Feb 23rd 2006
State: MD