Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

with the H1 extension receipt, u can get an 3 month extension of ur license..in NJ ..i don't know abt CA though.

No Screenshot/45 day letter

Hi,
My labor was filed from NY May 2002. I haven't receive the 45 day letter. My company and the lawyer requested for the screenshot from BEC. No reply. In the mean while, i got RFE on my H1B 7th year extension asking for the evidence. My lawyer faxed the copy of RFE to BEC and tried to contact thru phone. They couldn't find out my case in their system. Now the next step is, he is going to contact DOL (Washington). The only proof i have is the Fedex receipt which was used to send the application to NY DOL. Is there a chance my case is stuck in the unopened box or missing for ever? :mad:

Is any one in this situation or faced this situation? Please suggest.

I think you need H1 or H4 original papers, if the licence is expired.You can call and talk to DMV and they will tell you. This immigration system is such a sh*t in US that they may not have any clue on what is meant by 7th year extension, PBEC reciept notice etc. I am sure that even though the H1B extension is valid for 1 year, you will get a licence for I think 3 or 5 years in California.

If you don'y have any option then you need to shell out 1000 bucks for premium processing.

2002calabor said:
Hello All,

Has anyone in CA used the receipt notice of H1 extension to get their license renewed? My wife's license is expiring in May, same time around her H4 expires. I will be filing for H1 extension soon. Is it possible to renew lincense using reciept notice? If not, I will have to shell out more than a thousand bucks to do it in premium so that we can get the extension before license expires. (If license expires she will have to go through written and road test again :-(

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks

This is related to PBEC because I am stuck in PBEC and I have to renew my H1 annually because of their slow process.

NYLabor2002 said:
Hi,
My labor was filed from NY May 2002. I haven't receive the 45 day letter. My company and the lawyer requested for the screenshot from BEC. No reply. In the mean while, i got RFE on my H1B 7th year extension asking for the evidence. My lawyer faxed the copy of RFE to BEC and tried to contact thru phone. They couldn't find out my case in their system. Now the next step is, he is going to contact DOL (Washington). The only proof i have is the Fedex receipt which was used to send the application to NY DOL. Is there a chance my case is stuck in the unopened box or missing for ever? :mad:

why don't you request the screenshot on your own ?! it's so easy ... just mention that you need proof of filing for H1B 7th year extension. Use your company email address, you should get a response in a couple of hours.

In the body of the email, you write this:

-applicant = XXXXXXX (applicant name)
-employer = AAAAAAA (employer name)

for me, it works every time.

Now, if you don't, then it could mean they lost your case, which is going to be a pain in the neck, I hope it won't happen to you. Good luck.

this from www.ilw.com

"DOL's ETA published a request for comments on allowing the
substitution of alien beneficiaries on permanent labor
certification applications. The deadline is April 14, 2006.
Immigration Daily encourages interested persons who are affected,
especially employers and employer groups to respond. Please be
aware that comments can now be submitted by email with RIN 1205-
AB42 in the subject line of the message.

For those with substantive comments, please note two items of form which will help your comment to have impact: (1) make sure that your comment
is addressed as exactly as indicated in the Federal Register
notice (2) qualify yourself for your comment, i.e. explain via
your particular expertise/perspective why you have an opinion
which DOL should take into account. For the full substitution
proposal and request for comment, see here.
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2006,0214-dol.shtm"

now, I think we should send our comments AGAINST labor substitution, because in the end, people are passing in front of us in the gc race. One of my colleagues bought a labor subs for 10 thousand dollars, for example.

thanks for the input

The license isn't expired yet but by the time we get our 9 th year extension it will expire. It looks like We will have to spend the extra 1000 bucks for premium processing just to maintain my wife's driving privilege.

The whole system is totally screwed up.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
I think you need H1 or H4 original papers, if the licence is expired.You can call and talk to DMV and they will tell you. This immigration system is such a sh*t in US that they may not have any clue on what is meant by 7th year extension, PBEC reciept notice etc. I am sure that even though the H1B extension is valid for 1 year, you will get a licence for I think 3 or 5 years in California.

If you don'y have any option then you need to shell out 1000 bucks for premium processing.

cantstandit said:
this from www.ilw.com

For those with substantive comments, please note two items of form which will help your comment to have impact: (1) make sure that your comment

now, I think we should send our comments AGAINST labor substitution, because in the end, people are passing in front of us in the gc race. One of my colleagues bought a labor subs for 10 thousand dollars, for example.

Hi

Really Cantstandit.( Not refering to you - But this Labor substitution and selling)

Thanks for the post .We all should write against this

Thanks

Well ....

Cantstandit,

Although frustrating, I wouldn't worry about pople 'buying' labor certs. I have a few friends who have gone down that road. Two of them ended up wasting 10 grand each. They actually got their EAD's and then the I-140 got rejected because the company had used the same labor cert for many people. I also know one guy who got his GC through this route. So if it is a risk some peopl want to take let them take it.

Besides with the retrogression I see justice has been done. Even if you substitute LC you can't file 485.

BTW, Like you my plan B is also Canada but I would hate to have to start all over again for no reason.

cantstandit said:
this from www.ilw.com

Please go down to Philadelphia this week and check with an officer

NYLabor2002 said:
Hi,

Boy this really sucks.
If it at all help you, just wanted to mentioned that according to the BEC, none of the cases has been lost.
Long time back, on this forum, there was a XLS spreadsheet, that contain all case with the old numbers. Try to track that post down and search if your case number is there. It was from the creater of this thread I guess.

Otherwise, just take the copy of the RFE to go down to Philadelphia office and try to talk to somebody for help. Whatever works.. you know..

Best of luck buddy.

Just my opinon.

Hi ,

I Recieved my 45 day letter in Jan'05 and my PD is VA/EB2/Jun 2002. I haven't heard any thing untill now. I haven't requested case status or H1B 7TH Year Screen shot. Is it a good idea to send an email to check the case status. Experts plz advice me what to do ?

SN

I tried several times.... No response from them.

cantstandit said:
why don't you request the screenshot on your own ?! it's so easy ... just mention that you need proof of filing for H1B 7th year extension. Use your company email address, you should get a response in a couple of hours.

In the body of the email, you write this:

-applicant = XXXXXXX (applicant name)
-employer = AAAAAAA (employer name)

for me, it works every time.

Now, if you don't, then it could mean they lost your case, which is going to be a pain in the neck, I hope it won't happen to you. Good luck.

NYLabor2002 said:
I tried several times.... No response from them.

Hi,
I got the status in my first attempt. I mailed from my yahoo account on a Saturday night, and was surprised to see the response on Monday 10AM. Here is what i requested (may be useful):
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: H-1B - 7'th Year Extension - Case Status Request (ETA Case # P-05012-xxxxx)

Sir/Madame,
Following are the details for my pending LC in Philly. BEC.

ETA Case #: P-05012-xxxxx
Alien's Name:
Date of Acceptance for posting: March 13'th 2003.
Employeer:
45 Day Letter Receipt Date: February 22'nd 2005

Can you please update my case status or proof of my pending LC.

regards
------------------------------------------------------------------
You can get all these details from 45 day letter. Hope this helps

ladies and gentelmen..i'm so happy to tell u after long 6 Years of waiting i got LC. Approved today. i will move to the I-140 line now, and i hope i do not wait for long time cause i'm getting old and tired. thanks every body and hold one i did not for 6 years

LC. apply as NON-RIR in April 2001
change to RIR in FEb. 2003
lost my PD. in MArch 2003
Fight to get my PD. back to April 2001
get my PD. back in Jun 2005
45 LEtter in AUg 2005
Respond Sept 2005
case close by erro FEb 2006
case reopen after a merical in March 07-2006
CAse approved in March 10 -2006
i recived the letter March-14-2004
I can sleep without nightmar call LC from now on.
longe way? yes it was, i'm happy? u bet on it..:) :p :) ;) :rolleyes:

Congrats Elsaar

Elsaar,

All the best for your I-140 and then 485.. What state was your case from...

ME
NY, RIR, EB3
PD :04/2002
45 DL Received : Oct, 05
45 DL Responded : Oct' 05

LC Approval: God knows how far and :) when he feels like

Rajlion

elassar2005 said:
ladies and gentelmen..i'm so happy to tell u after long 6 Years of waiting i got LC. Approved today. i will move to the I-140 line now, and i hope i do not wait for long time cause i'm getting old and tired. thanks every body and hold one i did not for 6 years

45 LEtter in AUg 2005
Respond Sept 2005

2002calabor said:
The license isn't expired yet but by the time we get our 9 th year extension it will expire. It looks like We will have to spend the extra 1000 bucks for premium processing just to maintain my wife's driving privilege.

I posted earlier also, I just got my CA License renewed last month.Although I took my H1 documents (expiring Nov '06),no one saw it.My license was mailed to me ,extended till 2011.

elassar2005 said:

45 LEtter in AUg 2005
Respond Sept 2005

Did you send a request to open your case,or was it on random.My case was closed around the same time as yours but i havent recieved any thing saying that its reopened
Since my PD is 2004 i dont accept a Labour cert,but was just wondering if there is any way to find out if the case has been reopened

2002calabor said:

I think in certain states DMV if following BEC ways. I am from Indiana state and just had my wife's DL renewed 2 weeks back. DMV didn't ask for anything and they renewed it for 5 years.