Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

congrats !!

apnet43 said:
At last, I see silver lining!!!
Long wait of 4 years 4months is paying off.
My labor was approved.
Below are my details.
Good luck to everyone.
I also wish to Thank all the active and positively oriented members for posting on this forum, and keeping my hopes alive. :D :D :D

PD: November 01 2001
RD: January 29 2004
45 Day Letter Mar 28th 2005
Approval Letter: Feb 23rd 2006
State: MD

Congrats !! Was your application in EB2 or EB3 ?

My hopes are rising again, but it has happened so many times in past.

Gurus, do you think there is some consistent pattern here ?

Can you send me any url

hufx said:
PBEC's problem is with Stephen Stefanko. He has told PBEC workers that the center won't be closed until 2009.
Hi:
Can you please send me any web address where it says Stephen Stefanko told PBEC abouot 2009

Thanks

Surprised

I have been following 45 day letter trend since the beginning and know they have been random in nature at best. I always thought that had more to do with which state's boxes they open the first. But, here is what I have come across recently which doesn't seem to make sense.

In my company, I know few people who filed their cases in exact same category as mine from same state between august 2003 and october 2003. They all have received their 45 day letters last month. My case hasn't yet. I asked for new screen shot from PBEC and it still shows T number (probably means they haven't even entered the case yet.)

How does that happen. Same state, same category....any clues???

Thanks.

Hi all,

Just received an email from info@phi.dflc.us

I had requested my application status at this address on february 10th and got the answer this morning. My case is still T-05161-62XXX.

If interested, see the response below:
Dear Requestor:

The subject case T-05161-62XXX has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

Your patience is appreciated.

PHL Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

I got the Same

I also got the reply yesterday, but I sent mail on February 09, 2006 1:19 PM
with the same message only change is T#.

MDwatch said:
Hi all,

Just received an email from info@phi.dflc.us

I had requested my application status at this address on february 10th and got the answer this morning. My case is still T-05161-62XXX.

If interested, see the response below:
Dear Requestor:

The subject case T-05161-62XXX has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

Your patience is appreciated.

PHL Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Recieved 45 Day Letter

Hi All,

This is my first posting on this board. But have been waiting on my labor application since 3 years now. Here are my details:-

PD : 02/07/2003 (Feb 7, 2003)
Case # : P-05208-XXXXX
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Original Filing State : MA
Processing Type: TR (EB2-Non RIR)
45 Day Letter : Recieved on March 10, 2006. Replied same day.

Any comments on when I can expect something to happen to my case? I haven't done any recruitment efforts on the case yet.

45 days letter received

My attorneys have received 45 days letter 03/13/06.

EB2 RIR
State: NY
PD Date: 01/28/02
Case # P0512389xxx
BEC: Philadelphia

Last edited by a moderator:
CA Labor certs moved to DBEC from PBEC?

Hi,

One of my colleagues told me that the CA labor certs which are currently in PEBC will be moved to DBEC? Is that true? I looked for this bulletin in Murthy.com but couldn't find one.

Thanks

apnet43 said:
At last, I see silver lining!!!
Long wait of 4 years 4months is paying off.
My labor was approved.
Below are my details.
Good luck to everyone.
I also wish to Thank all the active and positively oriented members for posting on this forum, and keeping my hopes alive. :D :D :D

PD: November 01 2001
RD: January 29 2004
45 Day Letter Mar 28th 2005
Approval Letter: Feb 23rd 2006
State: MD
Can you share first five digits after letter P of your case number?

A relevant question: Is CA the only state where LCs were distributed b/w two centers?

Although it makes sense to send all applications of one state to one single center to preserve at-least-state-level-fifo. But if there are other states where applications were distributed among two centers, then this may just be the "norm" at BECs :)

nanba said:
Hi,

One of my colleagues told me that the CA labor certs which are currently in PEBC will be moved to DBEC? Is that true? I looked for this bulletin in Murthy.com but couldn't find one.

Thanks

CA License Renewal with Reciept Notice of H1 extension

Hello All,

Has anyone in CA used the receipt notice of H1 extension to get their license renewed? My wife's license is expiring in May, same time around her H4 expires. I will be filing for H1 extension soon. Is it possible to renew lincense using reciept notice? If not, I will have to shell out more than a thousand bucks to do it in premium so that we can get the extension before license expires. (If license expires she will have to go through written and road test again :-(

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks

This is related to PBEC because I am stuck in PBEC and I have to renew my H1 annually because of their slow process.

lekheye said:
A relevant question: Is CA the only state where LCs were distributed b/w two centers?

Although it makes sense to send all applications of one state to one single center to preserve at-least-state-level-fifo. But if there are other states where applications were distributed among two centers, then this may just be the "norm" at BECs :)

Yes - California cases were the only ones that got spread out to Dallas and Philly.

The California candidates, who were destined to get Green Cards, were sent to Dallas.

Backlog eliminated by Sept 07 - Doable task? go figure!

From the latest tracker(3/12/06) it looks like we have 1491 records with a 33% approval rate in the time period 3/1/05 - 3/1/06.

let's extrapolate some:
With 300k cases and 33% approved leave BECs with 200K cases to be processed.
Mar 05 - Mar 06: 33% cases processed
Mar 06 - Mar 08: 100% cases processed

Analyze this:
Till Date - Data entry / 45 DL generation could have taken a large chunk of time the last 12 months
Next 2 yrs - Non-RIR cases will eat up considerable resources in recruitment instructions processing

BarneySha said:
From the latest tracker(3/12/06) it looks like we have 1491 records with a 33% approval rate in the time period 3/1/05 - 3/1/06.

let's extrapolate some:
With 300k cases and 33% approved leave BECs with 200K cases to be processed.
Mar 05 - Mar 06: 33% cases processed
Mar 06 - Mar 08: 100% cases processed

Analyze this:
Till Date - Data entry / 45 DL generation could have taken a large chunk of time the last 12 months
Next 2 yrs - Non-RIR cases will eat up considerable resources in recruitment instructions processing

I think one huge difference would be that their staff would be lot better ramped up and trained the coming year versus the last year. My 2 cents.

atyagi73 said:
Congrats !! Was your application in EB2 or EB3 ?

My hopes are rising again, but it has happened so many times in past.

Gurus, do you think there is some consistent pattern here ?

It is EB3

2002calabor said:
Hello All,

Has anyone in CA used the receipt notice of H1 extension to get their license renewed? My wife's license is expiring in May, same time around her H4 expires. I will be filing for H1 extension soon. Is it possible to renew lincense using reciept notice? If not, I will have to shell out more than a thousand bucks to do it in premium so that we can get the extension before license expires. (If license expires she will have to go through written and road test again :-(

Any info will be helpful.

Thanks

This is related to PBEC because I am stuck in PBEC and I have to renew my H1 annually because of their slow process.
No idea about CA. In NJ, you need to produce approved H1; receipt notice will not work. And I dont think she will have to go through written and road test again; atleast thats not the case in NJ. Just show latest approved H1 and get a new lic in exchange for the expired one. (You do have to pay $100 lic restoration fee). That sucks if CA requires you to take written and road test again if lic expires.

In california, you will get renewal notice fill that and send it. DMV will send the new one. no need of h1... you don't need to visit DMV for the renewal unless they mentioned in the renewal notice.