Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Please help

Hi all gurus,

Thanks for all the info and valuable time that Saknia and other active members are contributing to this forum. I knew nothing before and learnt much about the immi world after joining this forum. Thank you all again.

My Labor had applied in May 2002 and am still awaiting. My company obtained another labor in June 2002 which got approved a week ago. They are ready use it for me as a substitution because it mathces the same criteria as mine.

Can you guys please let me know what would be the possibility that I get my I140 approval or is it going be a Rocky road? Or is it a wise idea to wait for my labor.

BTW I am in 9 th year of my H-1

Regards and TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
saknia said:
Hi SBDOL

While I agree with you that only thread related issues should be posted here, I feel that some how this restriction is very strictly applied for Retrogession issues here. All other posts are allowed ( Canadian immigartion,PERM,H1b Visa, Extensions, Birth Cretificates etc etc ). All of these are some how considered to be related to PBEC if they have some kind of remote connection with one's Labor petition

I cannot undertand why this is so for Retrogession.

Answer could be that some here fears that if that discussion is allowed,there will be lot of posts and fund collection for that happening here and the Retrogession Bill will get cleared soon and all of us will be struck here for long.This is not the right approach I think.

The number of people who will support that from here will be 10 Maximum I think. See Labordrags Lawsuit fund collection. It is running through such a pathetic situation. People listen here for PBEC issues but do not want to contribute for that ( ofcourse that is everyone's decision. Only we can request here for funds) .The same will happen for iv.org even if they post ten posts per day for that.Also I feel strongly that regardless of PBEC Thread opposition things will happen for them for sure .

See the April Visa Bulletin. It has started moving slowly now. If it moves like this for next few months then our theory that it is moving as per Labor approvals from Backlog will not hold good and people has to wait for Years before filing 485. Our theory that we will worry about Visa after we get out from here will be put to test in next couple of months for sure . Those guys who advise like that here will silently join iv.org and contribute when he is hit.

Like someone mentioned here they do not want to see 5 Threads and followup what is happening everywhere. See the Posts here of late. Number of Posts has crossed DBEC Forum even. Because all matters are discussed here ( minus Visa Retrogession!!!) people come here in thousands and ask questions

In fact we should discuss all I140 & 485 questions here as well as we will be there soon and while staying here we can get prepared

I appriciate your inputs saknia but I totally disagree with you, all the other issues come into discussion here and they fizzle out, they are the ones which require immediate attention, they definitely need immeidate attention which they get from experts like you, we are glad to have you around.

I really don't see any reason why we need to discuss retrogression here, if it is only to get prepared then one can go to those forums and get tons of information and get prepared, I am truly surprised, people here are waiting forever, having sacrificed a lot and enduring so much all they want to hear is when they will get out of here and we need to gather information on approvals, 45 day letters, try and see how the trend is and soothe hurt feelings and bring some sanity around.

once in a while talking about retrogression is good, only to not let it go out of our sight, but discussing how to solve that problem is like keeping the problem of all problems aside and diverting our thoughts on something which might eventually go away by itself.

YeahRight! said:
oh hello, there is a nice tracker which tracks the labor approval. no one need the seprate thread. gimme a f'ink break.

Mr.Right....

if you have the patience to swim back few pages to see an approval or who got a 45 day letter you r most welcome...!! u can get a f'ink break by not visiting that thread to 'just' see approvals from pbec...

lab_notez said:
Hi all gurus,

Thanks for all the info and valuable time that Saknia and other active members are contributing to this forum. I knew nothing before and learnt much about the immi world after joining this forum. Thank you all again.

My Labor had applied in May 2002 and am still awaiting. My company obtained another labor in June 2002 which got approved a week ago. They are ready use it for me as a substitution because it mathces the same criteria as mine.

Can you guys please let me know what would be the possibility that I get my I140 approval or is it going be a Rocky road? Or is it a wise idea to wait for my labor.

Regards and TIA

I think you should grab that labor or at maximum wait another month. If you have same skillsets and with similar postion and pay , you are very safe . Also if its EB2 you will be current (as of yesterday) and will just zoom past stages. For EB3 story is different you may wait as well.

BTW could you post which State and any other details you might know of the approved case and also your case , for the benefit of people on this forum

-thx

be patient

I don'tthink much happening at PBEC neithor on 45 days letter nor approvals. If the post is not important/worth please ignore.

madhukar73 said:
I think you should grab that labor or at maximum wait another month. If you have same skillsets and with similar postion and pay , you are very safe . Also if its EB2 you will be current (as of yesterday) and will just zoom past stages. For EB3 story is different you may wait as well.

BTW could you post which State and any other details you might know of the approved case and also your case , for the benefit of people on this forum

-thx

thanks for the info...it is VA state, received/replied 45 day letter in dec2004

thanks

lab_notez said:
thanks for the info...it is VA state, received/replied 45 day letter in dec2004

thanks

Since both the Labor are very close better wait for the one in your name. Since this is from VA you will be filing in Vermont for I140. They have questioned substitution often. Better check with your attorney for this if you decdide to pursue the substitution route

Unless the requuirements for the Job matches your skill set and Educational qualifications are exactly same substituttion is always headache.Wait for one more month for PBEC and if nothing happens you can use the approved one for sure

All the Best

where we are going

Skina and street test in u s a

Thers is one person here with pd june2002 who is still looking for his 45 days letter

Pbec has closed down 800 cases becausethey did not receive the famous 45 days love letter back from the employers or attronies

Eb3 for the rest of the world did not move at all in last two months

Guys this is reality that eb3 for all countires will not move forward from may 2001. for a long time .................. thatswhat it looks like so far

People requested screenshot . they received back the screen shot but still their cases were closed

There is still a long list of people with pd of 2001 ....................

Skina and street test in u s a. Please comment

Tanveer

lab_notez said:
Hi all gurus,

Regards and TIA

hi Lab ... go ahead with the subs, the worst it could happen is the 140 is denied and you lose the fee ... in such a case, you simply wait for your old labor ! it's funny, sometimes we think the INS will blacklist you if you try anything !! no, it's not the case ... if the INS doesn't like your application, it just denies it, it's a paper-pushing type of organization, we don't need to be "afraid" of it.

Labor Approved

After a Long wait (4 years 9months) my labor got approved. Below are my details. Good luck to everyone.

PD: June 4 2001
RD: Dec Dec 12 2003
45 Day Letter Mar 28th 2005
Approval : Mar 8th 2006
P-04268-xxxxx

Congratulations

Finally good news!

Good luck! Some unhappy individuals from this forum whose
PD is 2003, 2004, or 2005 should calm down and realize
that there are people with your PD without the need to
express their anger, frustration and anxiety on here.

Guys let's behave like adults and post PBEC related topics only.
Retrogression, awarness, I-140, PERM are NOT topics concerning
this forum. Bickering, moaning, whining and attacking others is
contraproductive and it discourages users who actually have something
useful to say.

Thanks

NONRIR2001 said:
After a Long wait (4 years 9months) my labor got approved. Below are my details. Good luck to everyone.

P-04268-xxxxx

Congrats !!

NONRIR2001 said:

P-04268-xxxxx

Congrats !!! Can you pls tell us which state you applied from ?

NONRIR2001 said:

P-04268-xxxxx

Congrats! Which state?

CA June 2002 Approval

GCcomesoon
Registered User Join Date: May 2002

Finally one approval for CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post your updates/approvals here for CA, that will help lot us

Labor Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend labor approved .

Details:-
BEC : Philly
PD june 2002
state :CA

Thanks for all the input

Hi saknia,Cric, Sahil2002 , labordrags, cantstandit and others...

Thanks for all your input.

I am going to file I-140 with the PERM labor and will continue the PBEC labor too.
I know I will get I-140 in 3/4 months. But if I get the PBEC labor approved, I will file I-140 and I-485 again. That way I will get the approved sooner. However if they get rejected I can still fall back to the earlier one.

With now a days when PBEC is closing cases left and right, I feel little secure now than a week back.

Also, can you please provide me more info on substituing OLD PD if the I-140 is already approved. My lawyer said it is not possible. Can you provide me some link here.

Thanks
Subir

agree

MDwaiter24 said:
Finally good news!

Good luck! Some unhappy individuals from this forum whose
PD is 2003, 2004, or 2005 should calm down and realize
that there are people with your PD without the need to
express their anger, frustration and anxiety on here.

Guys let's behave like adults and post PBEC related topics only.
Retrogression, awarness, I-140, PERM are NOT topics concerning
this forum. Bickering, moaning, whining and attacking others is
contraproductive and it discourages users who actually have something
useful to say.

Thanks

Well said. I agree with you.

doomed!!

My company had changed address and then the company was bought over by another company.
In the process it seems the labor had sent the 45 day letter in Sept'05 to the company. My lawyer got a letter today saying that 'Case has been Closed' !!
the lawyer never got the 45 day letter.
I filed and got my 8th year approval last month.

Now what do we do ? the lawyer says he will send a letter to labor saying the case needs to be opened and we never got the letter.
Anyone has had a similiar experience ?
Im also filing a new PERM case with the new company.
But my current visa ends next Feb. im not sure if i will have an approved 140 before that with the new PERM (provided labor gets approved !)

So what do i do ??!!

njdude26 said:
My company had changed address and then the company was bought over by another company.
In the process it seems the labor had sent the 45 day letter in Sept'05 to the company. My lawyer got a letter today saying that 'Case has been Closed' !!
the lawyer never got the 45 day letter.
I filed and got my 8th year approval last month.

Now what do we do ? the lawyer says he will send a letter to labor saying the case needs to be opened and we never got the letter.
Anyone has had a similiar experience ?
Im also filing a new PERM case with the new company.
But my current visa ends next Feb. im not sure if i will have an approved 140 before that with the new PERM (provided labor gets approved !)

So what do i do ??!!

If you do PERM and file 140 that will be valid for next etension. Current extension you got is dependent on your old Labor. If case is closed you can ask your attorney to appeal against that ( not just writing letter asking them to reopen) .Make proper appeal. That way the extension will be valid till it decided by appeal court either way. Come next yaer you can use your New labor . If in the meantime they open it up automatically you can withdraw the appeal. Discuss with Attorney immediately as this is Urgent