Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

need help

how do i know if the 45-day reply letter was received by PBEC???

My co-worker had noticed from PBEC that they did not received the 45-day letter, and they informed that the case was close.. what should my co-worker do with his problem?

elassar2005

I have the same problem you had before . My lawyer got a letter saying the 'case is closed'. you had the same problem ? what did you do to get it re-opened?
My lawyer sent a letter to labor stating that the case has been closed in error and asked them to reopen. is that all you do ??

anyone else with the same problem ?

Saknia / Other experts,

Plz let me know why the Visa type is B-1 on the screen shot.

I requested screen shot for H1 B 7th year extension and got reply asap. In the screen shot I see my Visa type is B-1. It is supposed to be H1 B rite ?? Processing Type is RIR. Can any one plz explain me why Visa type is B1.

Thx
SN

wow

I can't believe there are ppl still waiting from Apr '01 waiting for labor to get certified.

5 years is a long time. I have already spent 3.5 years waiting for labor and I was thinking that is a long time. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it is really worth the wait. I know a lot of people are already returning to their countries of origin. Is it probably wiser to just let go and return?

This is a totally unpredictable wait. You are waiting for this event to happen and you have no idea when it will happen!

pardesh said:
One of my friend got Approval

State: Washington DC
45 days letter received: October 2005
PD: APR 2001
Labor Approved: 1st week of Mar 2006.

Cheers :)

SN4GC said:
Saknia / Other experts,

I requested screen shot for H1 B 7th year extension and got reply asap. In the screen shot I see my Visa type is B-1. It is supposed to be H1 B rite ?? Processing Type is RIR. Can any one plz explain me why Visa type is B1.

Thx
SN

Call up PBEC and tell them your problem, most probably she will ask you reply to that email with the problem asking for the changes.

I had this problem with my case type as TR instead of RIR in my screen shot, she told me to reply with the problem and they changed it and replied me with the corrected changes in 2 weeks...mostly these are all data entry problems.

So, give a shot with this route...

good luck

I’ve got this unnerving feeling today.

Lets look at some numbers. There were about 350K pending cases, and word on the streets has it that of these about 200K are 245(i) cases with April 2001 or prior PD.

Further more they got split between DBEC and PBEC. Lets say PBEC got 100K 245(i) cases.

There are guidelines that they should be following FIFO for 2 queues. (I’m only talking about PBEC) so there are 2 queues RIR and TR.

I’m assuming that majority of us here are between 2002 and 2004 PD, I know there are few folks who have 2001 PD’s but they are quite few in numbers. So every one in non-RIR queue has to wait till they clear all 245(i) cases to get their chance in queue.

Further more, I think PBEC would like to have both RIR and TR queue at a gap of say 6 months. This would prompt them to allocate more resources to non-RIR queue so that it doesn’t lag too much behind. Otherwise it would be such that there would be 2004 RIR cases getting approved while TR cases would be still at April 2001. So while we did see some approvals of June 2002 RIR cases, it would make perfect sense if PBEC stopped RIR cases at 2002 and bring TR cases till at least Jan 2002.

This would ruin our lives.

100K 245(i) cases would take 12 months at rate of 4 cases per person.

send them an e-mail

SN4GC said:
Saknia / Other experts,

Thx
SN

well this is a screwed up random process with no real rules and regulations......u can try sending them an email at Info@PHI.DFLC.US....with correction in the subject and tell them in the body about the mistake and ask them to correct it....it might work...

all the knowitalls please also note that this is just my opinion....and thats all it is.........

i read someone's post about giving it up as it is not worth it.......giving some serious thought to that as well....it sure is not worth it....

njdude26 said:
I have the same problem you had before . My lawyer got a letter saying the 'case is closed'. you had the same problem ? what did you do to get it re-opened?
My lawyer sent a letter to labor stating that the case has been closed in error and asked them to reopen. is that all you do ??

anyone else with the same problem ?

actually its my co-employee has that problem, he ask his lawyer to re-open it provided to send other documents to justify that his case is close..

what happen to you case now? how do you check if the 45 day reply letter was received by PBEC?

Thanks for the reply Guys. The case information is full of typos. The Occupation code is entered as "Occupation Code: 030162014 " Which is supposed to be "030-062-010" and Occupation Title is entered as "Occupation Title:Software Engireer " anther typo in Engineer.And Visa type is "Visa Type: B-1". Thanks god atleast priority date is correct.
PBEC Data entry is full of horrors. I need to talk my attorney b4 sending reply to them.

Thx
SN

adallac said:
actually its my co-employee has that problem, he ask his lawyer to re-open it provided to send other documents to justify that his case is close..

what happen to you case now? how do you check if the 45 day reply letter was received by PBEC?

my lawyer got the letter from labor saying 'case closed' yesterday. he sent a letter back saying that we want to keep it opened. we are waiting for a response. im basically using the screenshot to extend my visa every year. my company is also in the process of filing for my PERM. it will be filed by end of may. my next visa renewal is due in feb'07. lawyer says he does not care of the case closed because he says all he needs is the screenshot to file for a visa extension... but i really hope the case is reopened...

SN4GC said:
Thanks for the reply Guys. The case information is full of typos. The Occupation code is entered as "Occupation Code: 030162014 " Which is supposed to be "030-062-010" and Occupation Title is entered as "Occupation Title:Software Engireer " anther typo in Engineer.And Visa type is "Visa Type: B-1". Thanks god atleast priority date is correct.
PBEC Data entry is full of horrors. I need to talk my attorney b4 sending reply to them.

Thx
SN
only wish they made data entry errors by making our PDs in 2001... ;)

bostonqa said:
Lets look at some numbers. There were about 350K pending cases, and word on the streets has it that of these about 200K are 245(i) cases with April 2001 or prior PD.

Further more they got split between DBEC and PBEC. Lets say PBEC got 100K 245(i) cases.

There are guidelines that they should be following FIFO for 2 queues. (I’m only talking about PBEC) so there are 2 queues RIR and TR.

I’m assuming that majority of us here are between 2002 and 2004 PD, I know there are few folks who have 2001 PD’s but they are quite few in numbers. So every one in non-RIR queue has to wait till they clear all 245(i) cases to get their chance in queue.

Further more, I think PBEC would like to have both RIR and TR queue at a gap of say 6 months. This would prompt them to allocate more resources to non-RIR queue so that it doesn’t lag too much behind. Otherwise it would be such that there would be 2004 RIR cases getting approved while TR cases would be still at April 2001. So while we did see some approvals of June 2002 RIR cases, it would make perfect sense if PBEC stopped RIR cases at 2002 and bring TR cases till at least Jan 2002.

This would ruin our lives.

100K 245(i) cases would take 12 months at rate of 4 cases per person.

hi Boston ... I have a more optimistic view:

- according to tracker, the % of approvals at this point is around 30%, so from the original 350K, maybe 100K have already cleared.

- looking at the SWA/Regional processing times, you can see that for PBEC, the only states that had cases still in April/2001 were DC and MD. The other big states (NY, NJ) had already cleared Apr/2001. I didn't run the same exercise for DBEC, but I think the only state that was stuck in April/2001 was IN (correct me if I'm wrong).

- of course, there are a number of "complicated" cases still hanging around, but I honestly doubt they amount to more than 10K cases.

- also, if you look at the H1B approvals, the average was 100K new H1B's per year back in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, etc. We can imagine that at this point the distribution of labor cases could roughly be something like:

2002 - 100K
2003 - 100K
2004 - 100K

and the remaining 50K would be split between 2001 and 2005, which actually makes sense, considering only the pending cases from 2001 and 3 months of 2005 (before PERM). I personally think that 2002 and 2003 were the peak years for labor applications, so they could have even more than 100K each.

also, at this point, we can pretty much forget FIFO, I really don't think they will implement a single FIFO, I don't think it makes sense from a practical point of view. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just based on what we've seen so far.

I do think they'll have queues per state, as we're seeing now, and TR will be left way behind.

So, if this analysis holds true, the remaining cases from 2001 will not hold up cases from other years because they'll be working on different states at the same time.

just my opinion ;)

This Is Really

I Got My Screen Shot Today In The Processing Type Column They Have Written Tr Instead Of Rir

My Case Was Filed As Rir Can Any Body Tell Me What Tr Stand For

Tanveer

tanveer666 said:
I Got My Screen Shot Today In The Processing Type Column They Have Written Tr Instead Of Rir

Tanveer

TR : Traditional Labor alias NON-RIR

tanveer666 said:

Tanveer

you need to have your lawyer email PBEC using the same h1b7th address, requesting the case type to be fixed. I had the same problem and they fixed it in less than 2 weeks.

If you don't do it, they might put you in the TR queue, and who knows how long that will take.

Congrats

Hi Elassar2005,

It's an horror story. You fought and achieved. It's a great hope to whom the cases are closed by mistake.

elassar2005 said:
ladies and gentelmen..i'm so happy to tell u after long 6 Years of waiting i got LC. Approved today. i will move to the I-140 line now, and i hope i do not wait for long time cause i'm getting old and tired. thanks every body and hold one i did not for 6 years

LC. apply as NON-RIR in April 2001
change to RIR in FEb. 2003
lost my PD. in MArch 2003
Fight to get my PD. back to April 2001
get my PD. back in Jun 2005
45 LEtter in AUg 2005
Respond Sept 2005
case close by erro FEb 2006
case reopen after a merical in March 07-2006
CAse approved in March 10 -2006
i recived the letter March-14-2004
I can sleep without nightmar call LC from now on.
longe way? yes it was, i'm happy? u bet on it..:) :p :) ;) :rolleyes:

Should I go for a labor substitution? :confused:

HR calls me today, saying that they just get a new LC approved but the original applicant is no longer in this company( I do not know the PD of it yet) and they want to use it for me. I know there is some discussion going on in the labor department about the labor substitution issue. Is it a little risky if I take this labor substitution today? Plus my own LC application priority date is Nov 1th, 2001 from MD. Should I wait for my LC or go ahead with the substitution. Thanks for any suggestions.

Here is my case details:
------------------------
MD
RIR, EB2
PD = 11/01/2001
Case = P-04271-XXXXX
45 day letter received = March 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Cases transferred to PBEC from Satelite centers (Boston ,Newyork, SF)

Does any know whats going on with the remaining cases that were transferred from Satellite centers to Philadelphia BEC?

Boston DOL was one such satellite center that was supposed to be processing LC cases till the end of 2005, but they transferred all the remianing cases to PBEC in september 2005.

Anybody here with cases that were transferred from Boston DOL to PBEC, please post your case details if you dont mind.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
littleme said:
Should I go for a labor substitution? :confused:

HR calls me today, saying that they just get a new LC approved but the original applicant is no longer in this company( I do not know the PD of it yet) and they want to use it for me. I know there is some discussion going on in the labor department about the labor substitution issue. Is it a little risky if I take this labor substitution today? Plus my own LC application priority date is Nov 1th, 2001 from MD. Should I wait for my LC or go ahead with the substitution. Thanks for any suggestions.

Here is my case details:
------------------------
MD
RIR, EB2
PD = 11/01/2001
Case = P-04271-XXXXX
45 day letter received = March 2005

DONT.!!! you have a good PD, why you want to risk by going for a substituition when there is news about stopping LC substitutions by DOL..If I were you I will just ignore and wait for another 4 -5 months ....waiting another 4 months is no big deal after waiting for 4yrs...Dont mess up with your own hands