Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

2002calabor said:
I can't believe there are ppl still waiting from Apr '01 waiting for labor to get certified.

5 years is a long time. I have already spent 3.5 years waiting for labor and I was thinking that is a long time. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it is really worth the wait. I know a lot of people are already returning to their countries of origin. Is it probably wiser to just let go and return?

This is a totally unpredictable wait. You are waiting for this event to happen and you have no idea when it will happen!
I have waited for 2 years and my brother who is a citizen agrees that this situation has become ridiculous. if from India then it is certainly tempting to move back. but then it also depends on the technology you are working on. I would say stay back and try to get the gc (and accumulate as much liquid assets as possible). my feeling is majority of backlogged cases will get cleared in next 1.5 years, though they may not meet the deadline of 19 months.

Please Help

GUYS

I received my screen shot yesterday . they were processing my case as TR instaed of RIR. When i spoke to my attroney he told me that pbec has not touched me case at all ever since they have received 45 days letter since they will start processing TR cases once they are completely done with RIR cases. My case was submitted as RIR not TR . I really dont know why they are playing with our life. My attroney has sent them email in order to fix this problem.

Can any body tell me what else I need to do to fix this problem . I mean should my attroney or HR also fax or mail them letter.

Please help

Lost PD, any advice

Hi,
I apologize for the long story but my problem requires detailed explanation.
I am Non-RIR, EB-3. My original PD was April 2001.
When my lawyer filled the LC application, he made a mistake in the paperwork (one of the recommendation letters stated that the requirement form my position was MS, but in fact the minimal requirement was BS)
In 2003, when Labor Dept reviewed my application, they found the mistake and sent the papers back for correction. After the letter was corrected, the application was processed and now is waiting for a final approval in the PBEC.
What my LAWYER DIDN'T NOTICE for two years, was that when the Labor Dept. had found the mistake, they, as a penalty, moved my PD to Sept. 2003!!! Therefore I lost two years in the queue.
Now, the lawyer is saying that the Labor Dept. shouldn't had changed PB based on this small problem. When I asked him if the original PD can be recovered, he said that it is impossible at the current stage (application is in PBEC) and that it can be only done through a judiciary process in the I-140 stage, after the labor is approved.
Does it make sense to anyone? Do I have any chances to recover my PD now, before the labor is approved?
Can anybody please give me any advice?

Get expert legal advice

If I were you, I would have got a second opinion from another lawyer (perhaps Murthy or Khanna). After this opinion, if I got a feeling that my current lawyer didn't know much about this, I would have changed lawyer at this stage and I don't think changing a lawyer at this stage is a bad deal. 2 years is a huge amount of time to just let go. Anyways, whether you agree or not about changing your lawyer, do call up a few lawyers, spend some money if needed cuz its worth it.

dworakow said:
Hi,
When my lawyer filled the LC application, he made a mistake in the paperwork (one of the recommendation letters stated that the requirement form my position was MS, but in fact the minimal requirement was BS)
In 2003, when Labor Dept reviewed my application, they found the mistake and sent the papers back for correction. After the letter was corrected, the application was processed and now is waiting for a final approval in the PBEC.
What my LAWYER DIDN'T NOTICE for two years, was that when the Labor Dept. had found the mistake, they, as a penalty, moved my PD to Sept. 2003!!! Therefore I lost two years in the queue.
Now, the lawyer is saying that the Labor Dept. shouldn't had changed PB based on this small problem. When I asked him if the original PD can be recovered, he said that it is impossible at the current stage (application is in PBEC) and that it can be only done through a judiciary process in the I-140 stage, after the labor is approved.
Does it make sense to anyone? Do I have any chances to recover my PD now, before the labor is approved?

dworakow said:
Hi,

like the previous post, take an appt with any good attny with all your paperwork in front of you....2 yrs of PD for EB3 is very very expensive compared to the $$ you spend. If it is something doable according to the attornies dont give up. Only thing is getting things done at PBEC is a very tough task, but be mentally prepared for it before stepping into it and dont expect to happen in 1-2 months...

planning to go to PBEC

I am planning to go to PBEC to get my case status. I don't know whethere I will get to meet with someone or not but want to try once.

It is been more than one year since I received 45 days letter. Labor applied in Feb 2001, VA, RIR. It is so frustrating. I would appreciate any input regarding PBEC visit from u folks.

A coworker got his 45 letter. And he got the information from the attoney (or PBEC?) that PBEC plans to send out all the 45 letters by the summer.

request a screenshot from PBEC in the 4th year of H1B?

Hi, Gurus/everyone:

Having seen many folks here reported typo in the screenshots from PBEC, I am kind of concerned and would like to make sure they don't make any typo/mistakes in my case.

I'd like to request a screenshot for myself, but I am only in my 4th year of H1B (H1B started in May 2002, and was extended in May 2005) and don't need an extension. What would happen if I send an email to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us and request for a screenshot?

1. Would they reply me with screenshot or ignore me?
2. Most importantly, would this bring anything bad to my case (like would they consider this kind of "cheating"?)

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Arlong
--------------------------------------
RIR EB2, filed in Aug, 2002
45-day letter replied in Nov 2005
State: New York
Backlog Elimination Center: Philadelphia
ETA#: asked attorney, waiting for her slow response.

Last edited by a moderator:
cantstandit said:
hi Boston ... I have a more optimistic view:

- according to tracker, the % of approvals at this point is around 30%, so from the original 350K, maybe 100K have already cleared.

- looking at the SWA/Regional processing times, you can see that for PBEC, the only states that had cases still in April/2001 were DC and MD. The other big states (NY, NJ) had already cleared Apr/2001. I didn't run the same exercise for DBEC, but I think the only state that was stuck in April/2001 was IN (correct me if I'm wrong).

- of course, there are a number of "complicated" cases still hanging around, but I honestly doubt they amount to more than 10K cases.

- also, if you look at the H1B approvals, the average was 100K new H1B's per year back in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, etc. We can imagine that at this point the distribution of labor cases could roughly be something like:

2002 - 100K
2003 - 100K
2004 - 100K

and the remaining 50K would be split between 2001 and 2005, which actually makes sense, considering only the pending cases from 2001 and 3 months of 2005 (before PERM). I personally think that 2002 and 2003 were the peak years for labor applications, so they could have even more than 100K each.

also, at this point, we can pretty much forget FIFO, I really don't think they will implement a single FIFO, I don't think it makes sense from a practical point of view. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just based on what we've seen so far.

I do think they'll have queues per state, as we're seeing now, and TR will be left way behind.

So, if this analysis holds true, the remaining cases from 2001 will not hold up cases from other years because they'll be working on different states at the same time.

just my opinion ;)

To be honest with you there are bunch of April 2001 cases still at PBEC- I'm one of them- and i know 2 other people with same PD- also my lawyer and my friends lawyers are in the same situation- so - NO- they didn't take care of all 2001 cases in NY or NJ-why I have no idea- I didn't even received 45 day letter as of yet- so to all of the guys with PD after 2002- please don't cry about waiting time ;)

arlong said:
Hi, Gurus/everyone:

Having seen many folks here reported typo in the screenshots from PBEC, I am kind of concerned and would like to make sure they don't make any typo/mistakes in my case.

I'd like to request a screenshot for myself, but I am only in my 4th year of H1B (H1B started in May 2002, and was extended in May 2005) and don't need an extension. What would happen if I send an email to h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us and request for a screenshot?

1. Would they reply me with screenshot or ignore me?
2. Most importantly, would this bring anything bad to my case (like would they consider this kind of "cheating"?)

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Arlong
--------------------------------------
RIR EB2, filed in Aug, 2002
45-day letter replied in Nov 2005
State: New York
Backlog Elimination Center: Philadelphia
ETA#: asked attorney, waiting for her slow response.

Arlong - I had requested the screenshot in the pretense of 7th year extension in last November and they sent me immediately. Later I requested one in February and then in March but I never received any response. I am not sure why they did not send me a response for my subsequent request. The only reason I was requesting them was every one with my Pd and and later date received their 45 days letter and after seeing so many case closed posting I really started worrying. I tried calling PBEC for status in vain and my attorney's office refused to contact PBEC saying that it was still normal for PD date of 01/2002 not receiving a 45 days letter and they even tried to make me feel better by saying "we have cases without 45 days letter from 2001". Finally had to send out that extension proof email. I guess sending the proof request email is the only option currently we have to get some insight to our case. That doesnt mean all the information out there in the screenshot is correct because some people in this forum even after getting screenshot's cases have been closed at a later date... I dont think with all the things going on in PBEC they have resources to spend their time in tracking whoes request is false to hold it against them.

tanveer666 said:
GUYS

I received my screen shot yesterday . they were processing my case as TR instaed of RIR. When i spoke to my attroney he told me that pbec has not touched me case at all ever since they have received 45 days letter since they will start processing TR cases once they are completely done with RIR cases. My case was submitted as RIR not TR . I really dont know why they are playing with our life. My attroney has sent them email in order to fix this problem.

Can any body tell me what else I need to do to fix this problem . I mean should my attroney or HR also fax or mail them letter.

Please help

What was the case type mentioned in 45-day letter ?

VA June 2002 Approval

Finally, I got it guy...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear members of this forum, I want to really thank each and every member for their time and inputs to immigration communities.

Today I got a call from my employer saying that my labor got approved.

Here are my case details....

SWA DATE (PD): 6/13/2002
DOL RD: 2/18/2004
SWA: VA
Case Type : EB2/RIR
BPC Letter Received: 28th Dec'04
BPC Letter Replied : 3rd Jan'05
ETA# : P-04273-XXXXX
Approval Date: Not known yet (will update soon)
Case Status : Labor Approved from PBEC....

VA Approval is for ROCKME

Hi Guys

This is from ROCKME

Not Mine

saknia said:
Finally, I got it guy...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear members of this forum, I want to really thank each and every member for their time and inputs to immigration communities.

Today I got a call from my employer saying that my labor got approved.

Here are my case details....

SWA DATE (PD): 6/13/2002
DOL RD: 2/18/2004
SWA: VA
Case Type : EB2/RIR
BPC Letter Received: 28th Dec'04
BPC Letter Replied : 3rd Jan'05
ETA# : P-04273-XXXXX
Approval Date: Not known yet (will update soon)
Case Status : Labor Approved from PBEC....

some more numbers and dates

Lets look at some more numbers and dates.

We all know very well that PBEC started getting cases from SWA’s and Regional Offices around December 2004. So it would be a good idea to look at labor processing dates archives. I did that and found some useful info.

The data below is for Non-RIR cases only.
First of all lets revisit the old process. Individual files a LC at SWA office; the date of filling becomes his PD. Upon approval the case is sent from SWA to Regional office and the date of reception of case at Regional office is RD. Processing times archives has 2 parts. 1st the SWA processing times, which shows which PD is currently processed by there office. 2nd the Regional processing times that shows RD that is currently processed.

Lets take an example.
Say for month of March 2004. Boston Regional office is processing cases with RD of 03/2003. This would mean that cases that were approved around 03/2003 from corresponding SWA are processed. So to figure out PD you need to look at SWA archives for 03/2003 and find which PD does that correspond to.
Are you with me so far?
Lets try to figure out what RD cases each Regional office was processing when cases were about to be shipped to BEC’s
You will notice following
Boston Region 09/2004
NY Region 04/2004
Philadelphia Region 03/2003
Atlanta Region 05/2003

Now based on above dates when I looked at SWA archives I found following states were processing around or before 4/2001 (245(i) cases timeline)
Connecticut 09/1999
Rhode Island 04/2001
New Jersey 04/2001
New York 04/2001
D.C 04/2001
Maryland 03/2001
Philadelphia 04/2001
Virginia 04/2001
Alabama 04/2001
Florida 04/2001
Georgia 04/2001
Kentucky 04/2001
Mississippi 04/2001
North Carolina 04/2001
South Carolina 04/2001
Tennessee 04/2001

But as we all know that SWA’s kept processing cases till December 2004 so around December 2004 only following states had cases around 4/2001
Connecticut 11/2000
Rhode Island 04/2001
New Jersey 04/2001
New York 04/2001
Maryland 04/2001
Georgia 04/2001
South Carolina 04/2001

I know that’s a huge difference, above list is way too long and a lot of SWA’s got past 04/2001 cases. But all those cases were pending at Regional office. They just cleared SWA.

Bottom line. The entire backlog is ahead of most us. If they were to really function by FIFO, almost every non-RIR cases won’t get to see daylight till sometime June 2007 or so. And if they try to keep RIR and Non-RIR balanced, I’m not suggesting that they keep a 6 months difference between Non-RIR and RIR. But even if they keep 1 yr difference, that would mean only April 2002 cases for RIR would be seen.

I know we have seen some June 2002 cases get approval, so maybe they will go ahead with RIR cases even though they cant get past 04/2001 for non-RIR. But I don’t expect them to dedicate a lot of resources for RIR cases. And the approval rate might be at the same pace as it is today.

That's the tough part

Everybody is saying that the backlog will get cleared soon. But it's getting really hard to just wait endlessly. I was expecting that normally labor takes one year in regional + 1 year in federal. So it should have cleared by Aug/Sept 04. That didn't happen. Nothing moved in all of 2005. Its 2006 and pbec is still stuck at Jun '02. If they were to move a month of PD every month, I would be hopeful at least but this is getting really hopeless.

Anybody in the forum that's hopeful?

mariner555 said:
I have waited for 2 years and my brother who is a citizen agrees that this situation has become ridiculous. if from India then it is certainly tempting to move back. but then it also depends on the technology you are working on. I would say stay back and try to get the gc (and accumulate as much liquid assets as possible). my feeling is majority of backlogged cases will get cleared in next 1.5 years, though they may not meet the deadline of 19 months.

just to break the monotony

inspired by Mr. Stephen Stefanko

Hope

People change with time, even times change with time, change is the Promised Land, it impels us to trudge through the creaking monotonous drone of suburban life, every day…yeah every single day……….holding on to the slimy bastard of hope…you lift the lead in your legs and your chafed, bloody palms hang on to the ever weakening, tattered lifeline of hope. You complain, you whine, but you won’t let go, you hold on to hope, through all the suffering, through all the dents in your once magnificent ego, because hope is the sultry mistress who will never abandon you, till she bankrupts your mind and your soul, sucks the fluid out of your spine, and you still ache for some more…some more of the same surreal departures from reality which sadly are and miserably will forever be the finest hours of your life, etched eternally in your subconscious with stone axes…………….

Information required

Can some one help me out please. Here are my case details:

Case filed in CA - Nov 2002 - EB2 / RIR
State approved - Oct 2003
Case moved to Regional line - Oct 2003
Case forwarded to PBEC - 2004
Received 45 day letter from PBEC - Feb 2005
Attorney responded to the 45 day letter - Feb 2005

We have not heard anything since responding to the 45 day letter. Repeated follow-ups with my attorney has not been very helpful. I am concerned that my case has been closed by PBEC inadvertently. How do I verify that this is not the case. I am already into my 8th year extension, and the wait is agonizing. How do I request for a screen shot, and to which mail-id do I send this request???

Thanks for your help... Rgds

scroll back a few pages and do a little research

nikkam said:

We have not heard anything since responding to the 45 day letter. Repeated follow-ups with my attorney has not been very helpful. I am concerned that my case has been closed by PBEC inadvertently. How do I verify that this is not the case. I am already into my 8th year extension, and the wait is agonizing. How do I request for a screen shot, and to which mail-id do I send this request???

and u will find ur answer

nikkam said:

Please read the below thread for the information you are looking for.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194023