Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

please post only approvals from PBEC

Guys, if you need any clarification or discuss anything about PBEC, please go into PBEC tracker discussion forum. This is only for Approvals only. Only by viewing approvals, there is a positive flow energy within ourselves regarding our labor certification. Otherwise, we get frustrated everyday about this whole mess with PBEC.
thanks

Guys, few members PMed me stating the thread created to track cases on philly is now being utilized to discuss the personal issue and being used to discuss issues other than PBEC. That was the reason I took it off for a while, and now it is being restored. Please make sure to input only PBEC related tracking info for all people benifits. Continuation in going off the topic will lead this thread to delete in perm basis. Sorry guys, but I just cant help either.

Guys we need your support............
I was in washington for the meeting as a part of the immigrationvoice team. And 2 of us were there to present the case of Backlog centers only. We have these 2 priorities

1) Instead of 1 year extensions we should always get 3 year extensions, in all circumstances, even if we are eligible for lesser period extension
2) Urge the lawmakers to direct the Labor dept. to clear the clouds on the backlog centers

We all are fighting for 1 cause, 'peace in our lives'. I presented the case to Denyse Sabagh (ex AILA general counsel and chair of legislative advocacy committee), Bo Cooper (ex General Counsel of the INS). They were very receptive to suggestions, as well as they were surprised to know that this is being happening and they did not hear noise from the sufferers, they promised that they will talk to their contacts about this stuff.

labordrags said:
Guys, few members PMed me stating the thread created to track cases on philly is now being utilized to discuss the personal issue and being used to discuss issues other than PBEC. That was the reason I took it off for a while, and now it is being restored. Please make sure to input only PBEC related tracking info for all people benifits. Continuation in going off the topic will lead this thread to delete in perm basis. Sorry guys, but I just cant help either.

Thanks a lot labordrags. I feel happy seeing this thread back.

Please Discuss Only Pbec Issue

Guys

Please discuss pbec issue here . otherwise they will again take this off

Every body here plaese write

Your Pd

45 Days letter date
45 Days letter replied date
Approval Date If You have one

My Detail is as follows
PD 06/20/2002
45 Days letter replied on 11/15/2005

eb3 from NY no news yet

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25 2002 VA RIR EB2 Labor Approved in Dec First Week 2005

I just came to know that one of my colleage's labor was approved in the first week of Dec 05.
Her filing date was May 25, 2002... More details - EB2, RIR, VA

Still waiting for mine.. donno whats the criteria of approval.. mine is just a week before hers and we are from same company for the past 5 years...

USCISisMockery said:
can someone find out about the domain ? I found that such domains are going for $200,000, not sure if its correct. I don't think the site is setup by volunteers like us. Can you tell us who is mastermind behind the site ?

USCISisMockery, I am one of the volunteers in ImmigrationVoice.org. If only that domain was going for $200,000, we would have sold it and used that money towards lobbying. We registered that domain for all of $6. If you want I can send you the receipt for it.

All the volunteers were mainly users of this forum who were active during S.1932. Some of the volunteers, including myself have our labor in PBEC.

my PD is also the same as yours

Hi Kiran00,
My PD is also same as yours but the state is 'CA'.
When my attorney asked for the status, PBEC sent him the screen shot with the "STATUS : RIR" case type is also RIR.
Don't know what is their approval criteria. Can some one tell me when my labour will be approved?

Thanks

kiran00 said:
I just came to know that one of my colleage's labor was approved in the first week of Dec 05.
Her filing date was May 25, 2002... More details - EB2, RIR, VA

Still waiting for mine.. donno whats the criteria of approval.. mine is just a week before hers and we are from same company for the past 5 years...

hi All,

Hi All,

hope you are doing fine and some of you are still in Dol-drums.

I came to know some info which I want share with you all about PBEC.

Selection and Approval Criterion

Approval criterian is solely based on the job requirement and for the position you applied and actual experience and Edu. qualification you have.

For Ex: if you are EB2 and you only have BS with 5 years and you are wanting to have MS or BS with 5 years you are moved into low priority approval phase whcih they would be revisiting eventually dont know when :(

If you are EB3 and you have a MS or BS with 5 yrs or more and you require BS with 3 years for the Job requirement then your Approval priority is hich.

If you are EB2 and you have MS with 2 yrs exp and you require Ms with 0 yrs exp.. then you fall in High Priority too...

Selection Criteria: Is solely based on all the states So once the high Priority approval phases across all the states done.. they will be moving onto the med level priority across all states starting with MD and VA.....

hope this helps

USCISisMockery said:
can someone find out about the domain ? I found that such domains are going for $200,000, not sure if its correct. I don't think the site is setup by volunteers like us. Can you tell us who is mastermind behind the site ?

It appears this website has the blessings of Rajiv. Check this:
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=43

However, I'd like to request avoidance of very variant topics in this thread. This is happening too frequently now, and of late I've lost interest in this thread, mainly due to lack of focus of posts here. I'm sure many of you would agree too.

Chin up, and good luck.

Hi,

Could you please advise how your attorney requested to get a screenshot
with case status? When did this happen? I know people could get the case
status from h1b 7yr email until last October, but after that no more status.
Desperately trying to figure out how to get status now. Appreciate your
helpful information. Thanks.

LC_1
danfan8@email.com

dying for GC said:
Hi Kiran00,
My PD is also same as yours but the state is 'CA'.
When my attorney asked for the status, PBEC sent him the screen shot with the "STATUS : RIR" case type is also RIR.
Don't know what is their approval criteria. Can some one tell me when my labour will be approved?

Thanks

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Hi aprlc2002. Thanks for the update. What about criteria for EB3 folks with lower requirements in terms of years? Any guidance on that? And is PBEC equipped for this sophisticated approval process? The general opinion now is PBEC is unable to distinguish between red and green!!

Here is another one. I and one of my friend applied for LC about the same time. He got his 45 day letter within eight months after his application and I received mine in Dec 05. The funny thing is that, the first six letters of both our documents are same, meaning our cases were keyed in on the same day of 2005.
Is there anyone else from AL?

AL-EB2-RIR
PD-01/26/2004
45 replied in Dec '05
P-05013-xxxxx

Hello aprlc2002,

Good to hear from you after so many days. Do they plan to clear all the high-priority cases upto 2005 and then start low priority cases from 2001. Isn't priority established by "Priority Date"? It shouldn't have anything to do with actual skills and experience then why are they ignoring priority based on priority date? You may not know the answer but isn't that strange?

Thanks.

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Approval criterian is solely based on the job requirement and for the position you applied and actual experience and Edu. qualification you have.

For Ex: if you are EB2 and you only have BS with 5 years and you are wanting to have MS or BS with 5 years you are moved into low priority approval phase whcih they would be revisiting eventually dont know when :(

If you are EB3 and you have a MS or BS with 5 yrs or more and you require BS with 3 years for the Job requirement then your Approval priority is hich.

If you are EB2 and you have MS with 2 yrs exp and you require Ms with 0 yrs exp.. then you fall in High Priority too...

Selection Criteria: Is solely based on all the states So once the high Priority approval phases across all the states done.. they will be moving onto the med level priority across all states starting with MD and VA.....

hope this helps

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

hope this helps

This is very nice ! True FIFO !. Guys lets suggest PBEC some little more advanced processing ! If the applicant's age plus the nuber of the day when the application was filed ends with zero put the file on the left side of the desk, If if ends with 5 put in on another side. Everything else goes into a trash can.

Now inspect the files on both sides of the desk; those that appeared to be upside down should be put back in the box. All others files ares shuffled and also returned to the box.

But I guess I am too late with my proposal. PBEC already is doing something similar.

Seriously I think DOL has no business to who is the application beneficiary is. Their job is to certify the position irrespectedly of the beneficiary, and they stressed it many times. It is the job of INS to check the applicant's credentials during the I140 process. Now if what aprlc2002 says is true DOL is clearly going beyond their authority

What..??!!

I simply dont beleive this kind of criteria...Sorry to say..this might be all BS..

how shud it matter how we file as in EB2..EB3..EB1..bachelors ..masters..1 yr exp..10 yrs exp..

It will be only Datewise..for that matter they are not following that though...
They only see if the company is existing in their database for the labor filed and other recruting efforts...

I really doubt PBEC sorting files based on this criteria to approve cases..

I got a 45 day letter for EB3 from NJ 2002 Dec..so will taht be placed in low priority approval buch and will approve it only after 3/4yrs....

they can might as well use all those LC's lying there as confetti for any celebration...

stucklabor said:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36

Excerpts:

2. Eliminate 1 year H1B extensions and convert to 3 year extensions for everyone. Failing that, at least for the people stuck in PBEC.

9. Impose a $500 surcharge on all new H1Bs that count against the cap, raise $85 million over 2 years, and use that money to hire 200 contractors per BEC.

That being said, calabor2002, what can you add by way of workable suggestions? EADs for someone still in labor is not a workable suggestion.

Let me say right away that we at immigrationvoice are volunteers. There are people in our group who are stuck at PBEC. If you think these suggestions are no good, come up with new workable ideas, after all you are stuck at PBEC too. Help yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.

If you have energy and passion, get involved. Start your own organization if you think immigrationvoice.org sucks. But do something workable, don't suggest a demonstration in front of PBEC.

Hi

Besides the point suggested we could add this up to protect people from 2001,2002 & 2003.

When they recapture the Visa numbers and start to use the 90,000 per Year they can actually do this. Splitt that 90,000 per Year they think Backlog is there - We all know for sure that 2001, 2002 & 2003 are way behind and struck in BEC .

So they should first use that 90000 for these Years in the fisrt 6 months and only if they are not used by then fully go to Next Years ( 2004 - 2006) in the next six months

Come Next year we will have another 90,000 recaptured which will be available for 2001-2003 Guys again ( in case they have not got out of BEC in the First round)

May be this idea can be refined further. I just want to let you know all about this.

Memebers expand this and suggest as necessary

Thanks labordrags!!

Labordrags, blacklogs and other volunteers of iv.org,

I appreciate your post below and I would like to know what exactly it is that iv.org is targeting in terms of PBEC. I see that you have concrete agenda about retrogression on your website. I see a bullet point about labor but nothing concrete. What exactly do you mean by
"Urge the lawmakers to direct the Labor dept. to clear the clouds on the backlog centers"

Does that mean get the lawmakers to put pressure on DOL to move faster?

For my sake and for the sake of everyone in thread, tell us what iv.org has planned for fighting our cause.

black_logs said:
Guys we need your support............
I was in washington for the meeting as a part of the immigrationvoice team. And 2 of us were there to present the case of Backlog centers only. We have these 2 priorities

1) Instead of 1 year extensions we should always get 3 year extensions, in all circumstances, even if we are eligible for lesser period extension
2) Urge the lawmakers to direct the Labor dept. to clear the clouds on the backlog centers

We all are fighting for 1 cause, 'peace in our lives'. I presented the case to Denyse Sabagh (ex AILA general counsel and chair of legislative advocacy committee), Bo Cooper (ex General Counsel of the INS). They were very receptive to suggestions, as well as they were surprised to know that this is being happening and they did not hear noise from the sufferers, they promised that they will talk to their contacts about this stuff.

PBEC Approval Criterion

Hi All,

Selection and Approval Criterion:

Regions start with M or P or V are considered high priority. N comes after M, so it is next in priority. Regions start with A or C are least in priority.

You may not believe this. Look at the approvals in this forum.

sbdol said:
This is very nice ! True FIFO !. Guys lets suggest PBEC some little more advanced processing ! If the applicant's age plus the nuber of the day when the application was filed ends with zero put the file on the left side of the desk, If if ends with 5 put in on another side. Everything else goes into a trash can.

Now inspect the files on both sides of the desk; those that appeared to be upside down should be put back in the box. All others files ares shuffled and also returned to the box.

But I guess I am too late with my proposal. PBEC already is doing something similar.

2002calabor said:
Labordrags, blacklogs and other volunteers of iv.org,

I appreciate your post below and I would like to know what exactly it is that iv.org is targeting in terms of PBEC. I see that you have concrete agenda about retrogression on your website. I see a bullet point about labor but nothing concrete. What exactly do you mean by
"Urge the lawmakers to direct the Labor dept. to clear the clouds on the backlog centers"

Does that mean get the lawmakers to put pressure on DOL to move faster?

For my sake and for the sake of everyone in thread, tell us what iv.org has planned for fighting our cause.

Dear 2002calabor: I appreciate the appreciatation from you. But I am not associated with any of these above org. I again appreciate their concerns to tackle the big backlog thats been causing all of us, but I have no connection whatsoever. This is PBEC thread, so please I again urge you to post your PBEC request - meaning asking question about your case, posting if your case is certified (it gives new dimension to all the waiters), and updating your signature to let us all know about whats been happenning to your case. For other organization, please create a separate thread and let us serve the purpose. I strong caution you not posting anything other than PBEC realted case and or status. I hope you understand me and we will do the best to keep this forum clean.