Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I had a long fight with my attorney

I initiated the process two months back. After a tough fight with my attorney, he agreed that he will send an inquiry about my case to PBEC.
I insisted that I am paying him for all these services. And finally he said that he sent an inquiry with my case # and details such as beneficiary name and company name. I guess that he did not do that until I called him after a month of my initial conversation with him. I asked him the copy of the letter he sent to PBEC. That a****h*** did not do that as he promised. He said that he is not suppose to call/ask for any status becuase it may slow down the processes. Finally he sent the letter and send me a copy too. And on 10th of Jan 2006, he forwarded the screen shot that he got from PBEC.
The screen shot has the status in it.

Talk to your attorney and insist that you need to know the status if you are really desperate to know the status.

LC_1 said:
Hi,

Could you please advise how your attorney requested to get a screenshot
with case status? When did this happen? I know people could get the case
status from h1b 7yr email until last October, but after that no more status.
Desperately trying to figure out how to get status now. Appreciate your
helpful information. Thanks.

LC_1
danfan8@email.com

Hi aprlc2002

Hi aprlc2002,
Good to see you and get an update after a long time. I still go back and read many of your postings. Thanks for the valuable information.

As per the approval criteria below, mine should be in highest priority.
The job requires BS and 2 years experience, where as I have MS and 3 years experience when I applied for LC in May 2002. Its in EB3. Can you guess when I will get my LC? The screen shot that my attorney got from PBEC still shows the status as "RIR". Any thoughts?

Thanks

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

hope you are doing fine and some of you are still in Dol-drums.

I came to know some info which I want share with you all about PBEC.

Selection and Approval Criterion

Approval criterian is solely based on the job requirement and for the position you applied and actual experience and Edu. qualification you have.

For Ex: if you are EB2 and you only have BS with 5 years and you are wanting to have MS or BS with 5 years you are moved into low priority approval phase whcih they would be revisiting eventually dont know when :(

If you are EB3 and you have a MS or BS with 5 yrs or more and you require BS with 3 years for the Job requirement then your Approval priority is hich.

If you are EB2 and you have MS with 2 yrs exp and you require Ms with 0 yrs exp.. then you fall in High Priority too...

Selection Criteria: Is solely based on all the states So once the high Priority approval phases across all the states done.. they will be moving onto the med level priority across all states starting with MD and VA.....

hope this helps

StressTestInUSA said:
hey MOCKERY..

not to be seen around...i thought your LC is cleared and out of this shit... :)

Dint get you by 200,000$..? u mean 200k is needed for those kinda efforts..

It is by volunteers/sufferers at a stage ahead of us mostly made up that forum...trying to fight out their way...

StreeTestInUsa, not yet. We are here for long time ):

My mistake, thanks for the clarification. I am sorry for doubting noble cause.
I couldn't find any info on whois.org, so I tried http://domaininfo.com/ where I got this amount.

I guess nobody here would gripe if awareness effort includes BEC mess.
immigrationvoice.org does highlight BEC problems so I am not sure if moderator would ban such discussion.

Thanks aprl2002 for valuable inside information. Guys, dont shoot the messanger.

Its just unfortunate that BEC made whole labor process a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
USCISisMockery said:
StreeTestInUsa, not yet. We are here for long time ):
I guess nobody here would gripe if awareness effort includes BEC mess.
immigrationvoice.org does highlight BEC problems so I am not sure if moderator would ban such discussion.

I would be happy to take immigrationvoice.org opinion to put it in a separte thread. This thread discussion should firmly based on PBEC realted issues, not anything else, now this thread is being diluted in a way where people are discussing about getting x amount for the domain. I am not too much happy about it.

Labordrags:

supporting iv.org is nor directly related to PBEC but it has something to do with labor cases stuck at PBEC..

Unless we r talking out of topic subjects like nothing related to immigration ..then they can be put in seprate threads..

only PBEC messages, I guess this thread wud have been dead long back...
Needless to say I think PBEC thread has the most no.of members and hits for this forum...

We are not talking about latest movies..talk of the town here...

just my thoughts...

All of us have this thread in the 'bookmarks' of the browser..so it is easy to jump to this forum easily..

Guys look at the Dallas BEC tracker. DBEC people contnue working like horses. I really respect those guys. Almost every day few lucky people from the tracker share a good news.
PBEC on the other hand ran out of juice a few day after they started approving cases.

Something is seriously wrong

sbdol said:
Guys look at the Dallas BEC tracker. DBEC people contnue working like horses. I really respect those guys. Almost every day few lucky people from the tracker share a good news.
PBEC on the other hand ran out of juice a few day after they started approving cases.

I feel something is seriously wrong with PBEC. It can be anything. Either there system is crashed, the boxes are lost, damaged or they MIGHT not have hired all the ppl but showing it on paper(fake resources). There has to be some explaination for this. I know we keep asking each other, but there MUST be a way to know this.

May be people who have internal contacts(like aprlc2002) or people who have contacts with AILA or people from immigrationvoice or people who were in touch with some senators/reps will be able to get some idea what is wrong ?

At one point there was a plan to physically go and meet someone in PBEC, is there any progress on that ?

I could not imagine even in my wildest dream a system in USA which is so broken, opaque and dishonest. What a shame!

sbdol,

I am afraid that somebody at PBEC might actually read your recommendations and implement them...:) What they are doing right now is not too far from what you have suggested...

This whole LC process is a joke. Legally, I am supposed to accept the five year old entry level job once I get my green card as my green card was approved for the entry level position for which the LC was filed. If I progress in my career and become a manager instead, I will be penalized by making my LC redundant. This is according to Mathew Oh's web site www.immigration-law.com and it is true.

This is unbelievable, isn't it!

sbdol said:
This is very nice ! True FIFO !. Guys lets suggest PBEC some little more advanced processing ! If the applicant's age plus the nuber of the day when the application was filed ends with zero put the file on the left side of the desk, If if ends with 5 put in on another side. Everything else goes into a trash can.

Now inspect the files on both sides of the desk; those that appeared to be upside down should be put back in the box. All others files ares shuffled and also returned to the box.

But I guess I am too late with my proposal. PBEC already is doing something similar.

Seriously I think DOL has no business to who is the application beneficiary is. Their job is to certify the position irrespectedly of the beneficiary, and they stressed it many times. It is the job of INS to check the applicant's credentials during the I140 process. Now if what aprlc2002 says is true DOL is clearly going beyond their authority

labordrags said:
I would be happy to take immigrationvoice.org opinion to put it in a separte thread. This thread discussion should firmly based on PBEC realted issues, not anything else, now this thread is being diluted in a way where people are discussing about getting x amount for the domain. I am not too much happy about it.

Hi Labordrags

I like your point that this thread should be dedicated to PBEC issues.Lots of time people had fights here as to what should be posted here and all that stuff

You should have given couple of warnings to people here before pulling the plug ( removing this thread) just like that. I think that is not fair. I could see people's desperation when they cannot find this thread.

Plus all the time when we had fights when people try to post discussions not relatd to PBEC, you were conspeciously absent and never bothered to intervene. Just becasue some guys discussed abour domain price for iv.org you removed this thread suddenly using your almighty power of Moderator.

What is PBEC issue only - Can you clarify on this please.

People discuss here all the time about Visa Stamping, 7th,8th & 9th Year Extensions, about how DBEC is approving on a daily basis, Fuming at PBEC officials including swearing about them in bad language,asking same questions about 7th Year extesnion ( just for status), asking about 140 questions, asking about how to proceed with their multiple visas etc

Iam surprised that you were silent spectator to all these posts all these days and suddenly woke up with IV.ORG.

Besides if we have not discussed all these issue how then so many people would visit this thread each day and contribute ( and as well live here like many claims). All Guru's here share their knowledge regulaly on many issues ( people who come as Freshers asking about what is 45 Day letter become Gurus here soon - Thanks to the depth of knowledge shown here)

You have to clarify your stand as whether IV.ORG has no place here completely along with any kind of good work like that OR you don't need any silly post like domanin price discussion only.

I think even Rajiv has spoken few good words about their intentions and efforts.How can we make an awareness effort like iv.org reachto people quickly here and tell them about some Volunteering efforts for Retrogession?
Unless we share waht we learned about iv.org like we share all our other knowledge.

This is free Forum through which Rajiv has allowed people with similar issues and problems to share, congrugate,discuss and find ways for solutions for the issues of immigration. Immigartion for sure will have place for retrogession I think .

I think stopping people from getting benefit out of something like IV.ORG will go against the basics tenents of these entire immigration.com. I will be even surprised more if this has been an instruction that you are carrying out based on Rajiv's words.

PBEC paved the way for Retrogession and PBEC has to get people out of Retrogession at some point in their GC Journey.

I have invited lot of people here to visit that site and support them. I felt that what they are doing is reasonable and genuine.

So I request on behalf of all people in this Forum to review your stand on this. Ofcourse we will be happy if you continue to keep this forum under strict decorum and discipline and delete all unwarranted informations about IV.org site or others.

Please Please Please - Be considerate and mainatin the good works of immigration.com and Rajiv's.

Please Talk About Pbec

Once again

There is no creteria which is being followed in pbec to approve case

Dallas is doing much better then PBEC

Now they dont reply for case status if you have replied back 45 days love letter

Do you really believe waht aprlc2002 said here? It is so ridiculous. If you track his post here, you will find out his record is really weird. Who knows where he/she from? That is the sad part of PBEC people. DBEC had Icarus and PBEC has only a clown here.

dying for GC said:
Hi aprlc2002,
Good to see you and get an update after a long time. I still go back and read many of your postings. Thanks for the valuable information.

As per the approval criteria below, mine should be in highest priority.
The job requires BS and 2 years experience, where as I have MS and 3 years experience when I applied for LC in May 2002. Its in EB3. Can you guess when I will get my LC? The screen shot that my attorney got from PBEC still shows the status as "RIR". Any thoughts?

Thanks

45-day letter reply

Folks, my lawyers have just replied to the 45-day letter, along with other documents regarding my employer's name change and also federal id change.

For the folks waiting to receive the letter, and if you're in a similar situation (employer changed name/address, etc):

- the PBEC is indeed running an existence check on your employer's name/address/phone. In my case, they didn't find the company, because we moved out of our former address, so the PBEC requested info on that;

- the letter has an area where the lawyer can amend some info, like company name, address, etc

- on top of that, my lawyers prepared a letter that was signed by our HR, declaring that the new company is a successor-in-interest of the old one; also, they sent a copy of the original press release communicating the name change, and also the incorporation form.

I just hope this doesn't generate an RFE, or something.

hufx said:
Do you really believe waht aprlc2002 said here? It is so ridiculous. If you track his post here, you will find out his record is really weird. Who knows where he/she from? That is the sad part of PBEC people. DBEC had Icarus and PBEC has only a clown here.

Hufx, I totally second you on that, I noticed that a long time ago. No offense to anyone, including Aprlc2002, but he never posts complete info, it's always something like "I heard some info", but he never says who provided that info, and it's always vague and inconclusive.

If you read his posts, I don't remember a single "prediction" that turned true.

Sorry Aprlc2002, we welcome your help, but please mention your source (you don't have to name names), and try to articulate your message so that it's clear.

and if you REALLY have a source inside, try to ask him about what's going on, for real, and how they work, and the reasons FIFO is not followed.

Guys..

Simply dont give thoughts to what aprlc2002 has posted about the criteria of PBEC approving our labors..it is just crap...

DOL only checks if the company exists in their database..thier taxids..how much recruitment efforts has been done etc..

According to what he says, boxes r opened..then they sort for eb2..eb1..eb3..approve hight priority..keep them away..open next box rather next state..same operation..do this for statewise for all staes..again repeat same excersise for next priority case again statewise...

Maybe PBEC are not operating right..but they r not so so crazee to do this..

dying for GC said:
I initiated the process two months back. After a tough fight with my attorney, he agreed that he will send an inquiry about my case to PBEC.
I insisted that I am paying him for all these services. And finally he said that he sent an inquiry with my case # and details such as beneficiary name and company name. I guess that he did not do that until I called him after a month of my initial conversation with him. I asked him the copy of the letter he sent to PBEC. That a****h*** did not do that as he promised. He said that he is not suppose to call/ask for any status becuase it may slow down the processes. Finally he sent the letter and send me a copy too. And on 10th of Jan 2006, he forwarded the screen shot that he got from PBEC.
The screen shot has the status in it.

Talk to your attorney and insist that you need to know the status if you are really desperate to know the status.

congrats for your fight with your attny..!!

half the things these guys screw up..Anyway..finally did you get a case status as to 'reviewed' 'final stage' or whatever about your case after the 45 day letter..

getting the 45 day letter is 1 headache...after the reply it is again the same black hole..not knowing what is even happening to the case..

I have a friend whos case is in DBEC..he says reply to 45 day letter was in 1 month with a query..reply to the query was again 1month with another query..so it is all 1 month time gap between correspondence..from DBEC to him..

please update us man..did you get your case status after the attorney sent in an email to PBEC..there r so many people here with replied 45 day letters since March 05...having patience more than mother earth..!!

I think I cause more harm to all of you for taking off this thread before sending out alarm of my intensions. I apolozise to those who were directly been hit by my effort in pulling the thread out of the sync. This is not giving me an immense pleasure to let you all know that I will personally delete all the thread that is not realted to PBEC issue in the future. I would strongly suggest you to discuss this to Mr. Khanna or the admin Monica for my improper actions, if you feel that way.

Sorry guys, but if the purpose of the topic is not served, then its better off pulling off the main stream. I may not sound very good when I said this, but this is what I feel, and my actions is totally based on few members suggestions in my PM about this posts. Here at immigrationportal, we are smart enough to figure out what should be included in this particualr thread or no.

For those who felt I just pulled off without warning, try to scan the thread.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1337125&postcount=9537

PBEC mess

Guys, is there any legal recourse that can force DOL to publish the criteria for selection of cases both for 45 days letters and approvals as they are so random. Can mr Khanna help? :mad:

For a Long time there is no approval-No 45 Days Letter

Guys

For a long time we have not seen any approval from pbec ........... are they sleeping .......... Guys as i said before why we are discussing the next stage
when this stage itself is a big pain in the neck. By the time we go through this stage and reach at I-140 & I-485 Stage there will be some solution of I-485 Filling problem . please discuss only lc isssu at pbec . we should be more concerned about this problem

I request all of you please think about it what can we do to push pbec to expediate our cases

Thanks

DOL_Ka_Shikar said:
Guys, is there any legal recourse that can force DOL to publish the criteria for selection of cases both for 45 days letters and approvals as they are so random. Can mr Khanna help? :mad:

We had a conference call with Rajiv to disscuss the slowness of BECs and not implementing clear FIFO. He suggested he will write a letter to DOL secretary; If you want, we can do it together, coz bringing the civil action lawsuit wont favor to win this battle. The letter should suffice that will have the clear stat on the slowness of the process and what they can do to speed up this process. So I suggest you to draft a letter and post it here or send it to Rajiv for further consideration.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=195683

thanks LaborDrags...

are you also by any chance a 'PBEC DOL Ka Shikar" :)

how come you missed in action some months back when there were little battles about how much shud be limited to this forum by the members here..

The point is everyone here r in the same boat with beyond 6th yr extn's..stuck in PBEC..trying to change jobs after 6th yr...140 stage what is required...how to get status after replying 45 letter..

most of us here r very much familiar with each other by our nicknames...there was no matter to get so much pissed off to send u a PM...in turn to turn off the thread...

People stuck in PBEC need help desperately and just venting in this forum will be no help even in a fraction..all the posts were what kind of help can be taken from iv.org becos they already made a platform in these matters...

If it is not iv.org..but another dmv.org also there wud be discussions about taking their help...they need ours ..we need their help...No one is trying to market iv.org here...I myself have my labor pending since DEC 2002 stuck at PBEC

Just wondering who r the guys sending a PM to you...!!

In the past 2 weeks there has been no posting about a 45 day letter recvd or approval or any kind from PBEC..