Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

you have a very valid point but i still contributed. This world is full of injustice. More So I don't want another person unlike me, who file for 8th year extension and still waiting for Labor, ruin his/her life for this damn GC. This is my personal opinion.

2002calabor said:
Exactly my point! Lifting retrogression means visa numbers will get used up by PERM applicants while I am waiting here. Is filing for I-140 and I-485 with a pending labor part of immigrationvoice agenda? Is getting labor backlog cleared part of the agenda? If immigrationvoice volunteers can tell us what the plan for getting EAD's for ppl stuck in PBEC is I would like to hear about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a plan

2002calabor said:
Exactly my point! Lifting retrogression means visa numbers will get used up by PERM applicants while I am waiting here. Is filing for I-140 and I-485 with a pending labor part of immigrationvoice agenda? Is getting labor backlog cleared part of the agenda? If immigrationvoice volunteers can tell us what the plan for getting EAD's for ppl stuck in PBEC is I would like to hear about it.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36

Excerpts:

2. Eliminate 1 year H1B extensions and convert to 3 year extensions for everyone. Failing that, at least for the people stuck in PBEC.

9. Impose a $500 surcharge on all new H1Bs that count against the cap, raise $85 million over 2 years, and use that money to hire 200 contractors per BEC.

That being said, calabor2002, what can you add by way of workable suggestions? EADs for someone still in labor is not a workable suggestion.

Let me say right away that we at immigrationvoice are volunteers. There are people in our group who are stuck at PBEC. If you think these suggestions are no good, come up with new workable ideas, after all you are stuck at PBEC too. Help yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.

If you have energy and passion, get involved. Start your own organization if you think immigrationvoice.org sucks. But do something workable, don't suggest a demonstration in front of PBEC.

you have your point and calabor2002 has his. immigrationvoice.org has their own priorities. Guys move on. :)

stucklabor said:

Excerpts:

2. Eliminate 1 year H1B extensions and convert to 3 year extensions for everyone. Failing that, at least for the people stuck in PBEC.

9. Impose a $500 surcharge on all new H1Bs that count against the cap, raise $85 million over 2 years, and use that money to hire 200 contractors per BEC.

That being said, calabor2002, what can you add by way of workable suggestions? EADs for someone still in labor is not a workable suggestion.

Let me say right away that we at immigrationvoice are volunteers. There are people in our group who are stuck at PBEC. If you think these suggestions are no good, come up with new workable ideas, after all you are stuck at PBEC too.

If you have energy and passion, get involved. Start your own organization if you think immigrationvoice.org sucks. But do something workable, don't suggest a demonstration in front of PBEC.

Anand is correct. 2002calabor has a very good valid point too.
And out of both The Excerpts mentioned by stucklabor ,#2 is of interest.
But this has to be the only agenda if there is no other way of getting out of PBEC mess quickly. again NOT the Retrogession.

and on Point # 9. this is a plan of 2 years so if the First Plan gets 3 years of extension , the 2 years is passed by #9 , so only one year extension left , back to the square one.

Impose a $500 surcharge on all new H1Bs that count against the cap, raise $85 million over 2 years, and use that money to hire 200 contractors per BEC.

It is really appreciable that the voice are being raised regarding immigration matters through organization and volunteers.
However, everybody has their own priority. Here in this PBEC forum our priority is PBEC related issues.

stucklabor said:

Excerpts:

Doesn't look good to me. BCEs got enough money but they still do not want to work efficiently. If they smell that more money is coming they will stop working at all.

The right agenda would be to impose a time limit on the labor applications. If DOL does not manage to make decision on a specific case in 6 months that case is approved automatically. If passed this would be the really good incencitive for DOL ( BEC, PERM) to work normally.

Not true

sbdol said:
Doesn't look good to me. BCEs got enough money but they still do not want to work efficiently. If they smell that more money is coming they will stop working at all.

The right agenda would be to impose a time limit on the labor applications. If DOL does not manage to make decision on a specific case in 6 months that case is approved automatically. If passed this would be the really good incencitive for DOL ( BEC, PERM) to work normally.

Don't you think they will get done faster with 200 additional employees? Rajiv Khanna's class action lawsuit did not succeed since DOL claimed lack of resources. If you thinkthat BECs are intentionally not working hard, then neither immigrationvoice.org nor Congress can do anything about it.

Asking for automatic approval of labor certs is wishful thinking. I would not make it, I would get laughed out.

Re: wait_4_gc's thinking that a 3 year H1 extension with 2 years funding for BEC is only a one year extension, not true. The expectation is that with 200 additional employees per BEC, the backlog should clear out in 2 years. In any case, the intention is to eliminate 1 year extensions totally and only have 3 year extensions.

good imput by sbdol

Yes, thats what we want to see ,
the agenda should be LC approval within 3-6 months from PBEC (probably from the date of the 45days letters issued or case arrived in BEC which ever convenient or even probably no fuc***g 45days letter , may be staright approval) whatever gets negotiated.
If these would be the primary agenda , then it would make sense for the PBEC victims who are stuck for 2-4 years or more to agree on this

Sorry

WAIT_N_4GC said:
Yes, thats what we want to see ,
the agenda should be LC approval within 3-6 months from PBEC (probably from the date of the 45days letters issued or case arrived in BEC which ever convenient or even probably no fuc***g 45days letter , may be staright approval) whatever gets negotiated.
If these would be the primary agenda , then it would make sense for the PBEC victims who are stuck for 2-4 years or more to agree on this

Sorry guys. The BECs estimate summer 2006 just to finish data entry and demanding backlog clearance from the BECs in 3-6 months is unrealistic.

As I said in one of my earlier posts, don't stop because I think so. Organize yourself and fight for what you think you need. Good luck in your endeavors and may you find fewer naysayers than I have here.

fairness..??

StressTestInUSA and other similar minded members..
I do appreciate your effort for the immigrants. But I am getting an impression from your post that your are trying to say that my post is very selfish and I don't want others good.

I just want to clear few things here to you..

1. I also have filed LC through PERM last year and might as well get the PERM LC by end of this month. So, by supporting immigrationvoice.org, will be benefited to I , me and myself, more than any other in this forum. However, I know that most of the people in this forum is not that lucky as me to be able to apply in PERM. SO... IT IS ONLY FAIR FOR ME TO NOT SUPPORT THE IV.ORG as it is not fair to 100s and 1000s of BEC victims.

2. In no Service Center, 485 gets processed based on PD. It gets processed based on the 485 application date. Which means if visa number gets current, they will be quickly used up by PERM guys and that puts the BEC victims GC at risk again. The concept is simple. Somebody who used substituted labor in 2003 and 2004 may have got GC by now and people with 2001/2002 PD dates are stuck in PBEC and retrogression. I am trying to apply the same logic here.

3. Now about your famous moral boosting story of HERDS, here is my take.
Me and most of other friends who agreed with me here, have no issues if ours cousins herd come home first. Really. However, if they come home and start eating my herd's food, hey.. not agreeable to me. Don't you think that is fair

I do have sympathy for those who gets used by lawyers and others for their own benefit. I lose my sympathy to those who gets used again and again.

I am sorry if I sounded sarcastic here. However I asked you to disagree respectfully and you called me selfish. Not acceptable..

I think I made my point and this would be my last post on this issue.

StressTestInUSA said:
Well said...if that is the case, we r all supporting iv.org efforts with my PD as Dec2002..I very well know all guys ahead of us in 2001 and 2002 will benefit from this while getting the Card..that is very fair, but EAD will be got a little ahead..a little later..in this lottery of PBEC clearing our Labors at random...going in FIFO by PBEC we cant really expect the way things r happening..

All kinds of people make mother earth...!!

its just that people can only see the negative side of things...and dont want things to happen in a positive way...

might as well ignore such posts..!!

as before completely agree with sk0902,2002calabor,sbdol

You are very much correct sk0902 and this is the fact.
Once again We do appreciate the effort of immigrationvoice and other volunteers , but the truth is retrogassion is in the favour of PBEC victims which is easily understandable , is not a rocket science concept.

Retrogression relief is coming whether you like it or not!

The subject says it all!

Retrogression relief is coming whether you like it or not. The same provisions that were in the Senate budget bill will be in the Comprehensive Immigration Bill. The reality is that big companies don't like to keep paying H1B USCIS and lawyers' fees and want retrogression gone.

I have every sympathy with the PBEC victims. But to not do something is not an option.

I urge you, even if you think immigrationvoice.org sucks, to band together somehow and think of practical ideas for PBEC relief. Please, no suggestions that the backlog get cleared in 3 months, or 6 months. Something practical.

SK, I applaud your fairness. But honestly, if the provisions suggested by immigrationvoice.org - remove dependents from the EB quota, increase quota numbers, increase per country limits (some of which were already passed by the Senate 85-15) get passed in spring, I don't see a problem with retrogression in the years to come. Whenever the PBEC victims get their LCs, they should be current - as simple as that.

Please let me know if the topic continuation is going off the main subject. If something like this is whats going on, I will close the entire thread, since this thread seems not to be helping those who being victamized rather the attitute is going on taking the topic off.

I agree that retrogression should be on everybody's mind. But the question here is, what should be the priority issue when it comes to immigration reform. Shouldn't labor backlog issue have higher agenda then retrogression? Shouldn't we resovle the labor certification problem of hundreds of thousands of people who had their cases PD several years earlier or should we grant those people that already took advantage of the PERM more benefits of EAD? I'm not being selfish , since my PD is much later than most of you here. But this should be all about priority. I support the cause of resonable immigration reform, but I think this immigration-voice.com, if it has a reasonable mindmaster behind, it should put BEC issue as a front issue, not just on some secondary agenda to grab more people's attention and money. Unless I can be convinced about that, I will not waste my money & time that I'll regret I did later.

stucklabor said:
The subject says it all!

Retrogression relief is coming whether you like it or not. The same provisions that were in the Senate budget bill will be in the Comprehensive Immigration Bill. The reality is that big companies don't like to keep paying H1B USCIS and lawyers' fees and want retrogression gone.

I have every sympathy with the PBEC victims. But to not do something is not an option.

I urge you, even if you think immigrationvoice.org sucks, to band together somehow and think of practical ideas for PBEC relief. Please, no suggestions that the backlog get cleared in 3 months, or 6 months. Something practical.

SK, I applaud your fairness. But honestly, if the provisions suggested by immigrationvoice.org - remove dependents from the EB quota, increase quota numbers, increase per country limits (some of which were already passed by the Senate 85-15) get passed in spring, I don't see a problem with retrogression in the years to come. Whenever the PBEC victims get their LCs, they should be current - as simple as that.

Anand_Mishra said:
you have your point and calabor2002 has his. immigrationvoice.org has their own priorities. Guys move on. :)

Yes I agree, everybody has their own priority. Why can't they get it that BEC forum is for someone who is stuck at BEC and not for personal propoganda. They could create new thread if their top priority is to get rid of retrogression.

For me personally, lifting retrogression is no good, on contrast you will see someone who came to this country last year on H1 will get GC and most of us here for 5-10 years will still be rotting at PBEC. Now don't give me BS about being selfish.

Show me one article by any such "volunteer organization" who tries to eliminate BEC backlog. I tried to search "whois" for this domain and found that such domains are going for $200,000. Do you think "volunteers" like us has this kind of bucks to spend on domains ?

stucklabor said:
The subject says it all!

No, I do not think that immigrationvoice.org sucks, I think they are doing a great job and they should continue doing it. However, at this time since I am stuck in PBEC I cannot support them with time and money because I do not see anything about PBEC in their agenda, maybe I missed something but from what I read its mainly for retrogession which is not my first priority.

There has been lot of discussion about ideas on what PBEC should do to clear our backlogs and none of them were to clear the backlog in 6 months, no one ever said "I want my LC right now". They can take their own time. However, I only want them to be transparent, to let us know how they are processing the cases, are they really doing FIFO, what dates they are currently processing.
If they tell me today that I will not get my labor for 3 more years I can atleast stop coming to this forum everyday, stop sending them emails for status check, stop bothering my attorney to try and find out whats going on in BEC. I can get on with my life knowing that I will not be getting labor for 3 years.
We all know that it is not difficult to create a webpage where you can enter your BEC number and check the status, still they did not do it. Why does immigrationvoice.org does not put this in their agenda.

retrogression relief too will come sooner or later..if not next month..maybe by end of the year...it will just not be the same as it is...

We simply cant expect PBEC to change its way of operating overnight..unless it has more budget..more $$..more proirity in the lawmwkers list: out of which none is possible... excepting for venting out in this forum about PBEC..we need to just wait for our case to be approved...leave alone approving, even if we need to know our case status online(not to bug them over the phone) itself will call for a lot of excercise..they need to link their daily updates on labor cases to the s/w...which is just not possible...

People r waiting here for 45 day letter..people who got 45 day leter dont know what is happening with their case....After we come out of this labor shit...we will have a 245i major retrogression(labors got delayed in NY/NJ etc cos of 245i before they came to BEC) same sequence will follow here too...

So we need to work out with iv.org : If we r able to file 485, get an EAD(no visa counting at this point) and have visa couting only while issuing Greencards

If nothing is done, the way things r with the PBEC mess and then the 245i backlog..we r just hanging in out space...

Coming about dealing with PBEC .. faxing letters, sending emails to Stephen stefanko and Elaine.. have been done...
We have to take the bitter pill to just wait for our case to be touched.. We cannot blame the system here where DOLs where designed/capable of handling enuf no.of cases(before the H1 flood gates opened)..there was a flood of all H1s filing for labor, H1's changing company filing labor, 245i flied labor, guys like Cybersoftec simply files 100's of labors to make money, future employees filing labor...) What can the DOLs do..they planned for BECs and dumped our files there..it is their least prioroty to move them fast and race with DBEC, thinking practically..PBEC will got at its pace..

Then they made PERM...new guys r filing with PERM and getting approved in 4 months..we cant blame DOL not doing anything...?? its our bad luck we r in this Philly BEC..

we either work with iv.org with atleast 3yr h1 extn with labor pending also is a big boon for guys after 6th yr...all these need lobbying and lawmaking which is during this year...

If nothing is done now..in this year of comprehensive immigration reform.. it will be too late for our stories to be heard

hey MOCKERY..

not to be seen around...i thought your LC is cleared and out of this shit... :)

Dint get you by 200,000$..? u mean 200k is needed for those kinda efforts..

It is by volunteers/sufferers at a stage ahead of us mostly made up that forum...trying to fight out their way...

Contribute to Immigration Voice

Call us at 281-576-7185 with any questions about us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

We have raised $ 8,300 as of last night(Jan 8th) and we need much more than that. You can check status of funds raised at "Why Contribute" link on www.immigrationvoice.org

Here is the thing: You can contribute now if you have not and stop waiting until "others take care of the problem". That "others" is made up of people like you. If you cannot contribute a few dollars to help eliminate retrogression by funding a non-profit org that is going to lobbying in the next few weeks, then probably you are not bothered enough and retrogression is fine by you. If that is the case, then maybe I am talking to the wrong audience. If you are prepared to wait for 6-7 years for your green-card and keep extending your H1 until then and waiting for 6-7 years is fine by you, then good for you. You dont have to worry about anything and I can understand if you wish not to do anything about it.

But if you care, then volunteer or atleast contribute money towards efforts to eliminate retrogression and eliminate backlogs. What is the worst that could happen? Think about it. What if everyone thinks that "there are other people who are working on this and they will take care of the problem so I will just wait and watch, maybe contribute later on when they actually start doing something. Even if I dont contribute, they will take care of the problem and the changes in laws will benefit everyone anyways whether I participate or not". Well, that is the kind of thinking that leads to catastrophes. Do not rely on "Others". Because "others" might think that you are doing it and you might think others are doing it. That never ends and once we cross into second half of 2006, you can forget about congress acting on immigration just before elections in 2006. YOU have to do something about this. If you dont stand up for what you believe in, then you dont believe strongly enough. There is justice in the world, but its not automatic.

If you have doubts and would like to talk to one of the volunteers then please call us at 281-576-7185.

Talk to one of the volunteers. See if you can relate to the efforts of Immigration voice. A phone call and a few minutes of time is the least that you can do to act on a problem that can be a constant nightmare for the next 6-7 years if you want your GC within a more reasonable timeframe.

You can also check out www.immigrationvoice.org before you call so that you can find out more about us and ask us all the questions that you might have.

Thanks,
Logiclife.