Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Non-RIR labor approval

Good to see approvals in this forum. Most of them are RIR cases. I don’t see too many on Non-RIR cases. If you know any information on non-RIR cases please share in this forum. Mine is non-RIR and never made it to regional. My priority date is June 2002 filed in state of RI.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Help and advice

My company is now complying for the H1b salary but they cannot afford to 50K per year. They planning to re-file my H1B for new position so they can afford to pay my salary, i expect its gonna be low position for my current position/jobs. My question is-

1. For refiling my H1B for new position, can it be affected my pending LC?

2. Could it have a problem (in the future) when im going to file my Green Card?

3. Is the H1B filing dependent to LC or green card applications?

4. My Current 6th year of H1b will be end this jan 2007, so if i will renew it will give me 1 year because of my pending LC, if they going to re-file my H1B for new position this year is gonna be another 3 years?

5. What is the possible problem for re-filing H1B for new position?

Appreciate your help. Thank you!

atyagi73 said:
It is good to see some approvals but now my concern is that applications from 2001 are at the bottom of the pile. I got this list fo MD-2001 applicants from tracker :

GC_MD_2001
md_alien
MD2001
rsiv
hemant2001
NAYAK
PBEC_Victim
mrcMD
apnet43
mrvgson
toy
TomShu
pessimistic
Hangu

Are you guys still around ? May be we can share whatever information we have.

Yes I am :)
No reply received from labor;
Celebrating one year anniversary of 45days letter :)

All gurus here:

Any idea how the 254i case(Amnesty in April 2001) will be alloted visa numbers..? is there a special qota for that or they fall into EB3 qota..?

If that is the case, then there is more spice to our life...

please reply anyone who has an idea about this...

2001 Guys wake and add protection for you in Retogession Bill

PBEC_Victim said:
Still around. No news on LC yet.

Hi This is not a Good News in 2006. You should be in 140 Forum by now

PBEC is holding on to 2001 & early cases for some reasons ( God knows why)

and people are talking about pushing for Retrogession effect ??

Atleast when there is no Single 2001 cases pending in both PBEc they should talk about Retrogession . The Guys/ professionals push for this has their own agenda it seems like

Otherwise when they recover 90,000 with any Retrogession Bill they shoud allocate that by Year and use accordingly. USCIS seems to know the Demand for Visa numbers by Years based on which they pushed the dates back. If this is True then when the Retrogession Bill passes it should use by Year

We all need to Push for that

All 2001 Guys wake and make your comments for that

NB : Iam not a 2001 Guy anyway

PBEC_Victim said:
Still around. No news on LC yet.

I think he shud be getting approved in a couple of months..i know someone else too with a 45day letter from feb05 still waiting to hear...

good luck buddy, have a little more patience as have had since '01....

gp111 and others - your advice please

I am working in virginia as an Electrical engineer for the past 7yrs under H1-B Visa. I am currently at my 7th year extension of my H1-B Visa.

My employer filled for my labor certification under EB3 category with department of labor during Dec’2002 and I am yet to receive “45days notice” from the department of labor which verifies my employment

Now, I obtained Master of business administration (MBA) degree from US University, during the last month.

My queries are:

1) At this time, is it possible to contact department of labor to update my records with my advance degree information and change my filing status with EB1 category without loosing my case priority date of 12/20/2002

2) I understand that under H1-B reform act which came in to effective from May’05, the H1-B visa applicants with advance degree from US universities have preferential treatment in Labor certification processing. Could you please advice how should I proceed further to expedite my labor certification processing.

pselvaraj said:
I am working in virginia as an Electrical engineer for the past 7yrs under H1-B Visa. I am currently at my 7th year extension of my H1-B Visa.

My employer filled for my labor certification under EB3 category with department of labor during Dec’2002 and I am yet to receive “45days notice” from the department of labor which verifies my employment

Now, I obtained Master of business administration (MBA) degree from US University, during the last month.

My queries are:

1) At this time, is it possible to contact department of labor to update my records with my advance degree information and change my filing status with EB1 category without loosing my case priority date of 12/20/2002

2) I understand that under H1-B reform act which came in to effective from May’05, the H1-B visa applicants with advance degree from US universities have preferential treatment in Labor certification processing. Could you please advice how should I proceed further to expedite my labor certification processing.

Hi Selvaraj

Your labor based on PD of 12/20/2002 will look for Qualifications you had at that point of time. Even if you had a Degree by Jan 2003 it will not be taken into account.

You can do PERM where your New degree will be helpful. But you will loose your priority date and has to wait for atleast 3 Years before ou file 485.

Best thing for you is to wait for PBEC to start moving and approve your case. You might get 45 days letter soon since you are in 2002.

45 day letter update from people in my company

Of the 12 applications from our company filed in Maryland SWA, 5 have received 45 day letters. But no approvals yet.

The following are the PDs of the 5 apps:

PD - 07/2002 - 45 DL rcvd 12/1/2005
PD - 07/2002 - 45 DL rcvd 12/1/2005
PD - 07/21/2003 (app # P-05147-xxxxx) - 45 DL rcvd 1/4/2006
PD - 07/2004 - 45 DL rcvd 12/1/2005
PD - 07/2004 - 45 DL rcvd 12/1/2005

I have a PD of 07/21/2003 but I haven't got my 45DL yet, hope I get it soon.

Another approval...

My friend got his labor approved. He was approved some time back. He came to know now

PD : 12/14/2001
Approved: 12/15/2005
NY SWA

never received his 45 day letter.

edited: corrected approved date.

gc9906 said:
I was told my case was closed because attorney / company did not response to DOL 45 days letter. Actually both of them did not receive, at least they told me so, this letter from DOL.

My case: RIR/EB2
State: CA
PD: 12/2003
RD: 12/2004
Closing notice: 11/2005
ETA Case number: P-04324-XXXXX
BEC: Philadelphia (PBEC)

Here is a list what I will do:
1.) Request attorney to send another request to reopen my case. Even he did send mail / FedEx to DOL to try to reopen this case, but no response from DOL yet.
2.) Request Company to contact PBEC to reopen this case.
3.) Request Attorney / Company to file another H1 extension of one year. (I have passed 6 years of H1B.)
4.) Get financial promise from attorney and company. To make sure it’s not their intension to lead this case closure. Get some financial support in case I have to leave US. How much is a proper amount here?
5.) Any other thing I can do here?

As you know, at this time, any help are greatly appreciated.

GC9906

That is real bad ...how did you know that your case has been closed ? I hope I dont get screwed that way ..both my employer and lawyer have recently changed their address..
BTW I was wondering if anyone has answer to this ..if a person with PD in 2004 files through perm in 2006 ..and his perm app gets approved then what is his PD ?
in other words can he use 2004 PD with the perm application ?

Thanks

2001 case from MD

I too am still around.
PD Oct 2001
MD
45 day letter received and replied in July 05
No further news...

hangu said:
Yes I am :)
No reply received from labor;
Celebrating one year anniversary of 45days letter :)

saknia said:
Hi Selvaraj

Your labor based on PD of 12/20/2002 will look for Qualifications you had at that point of time. Even if you had a Degree by Jan 2003 it will not be taken into account.

You can do PERM where your New degree will be helpful. But you will loose your priority date and has to wait for atleast 3 Years before ou file 485.

Best thing for you is to wait for PBEC to start moving and approve your case. You might get 45 days letter soon since you are in 2002.

Thanks Saknia...

Pugal

You meant Approved: 12/15/2005 right?

You meant Approved: 12/15/2005 right?

nomorepatience said:
My friend got his labor approved. He was approved some time back. He came to know now

PD : 12/14/2001
Approved: 12/15/2001
NY SWA

never received his 45 day letter.

Still no news about LC approval

Got 45 days letter about one yr back. But no news about LC approval yet.

mrvgson said:
I too am still around.
PD Oct 2001
MD
45 day letter received and replied in July 05
No further news...

recieved my 45 day letter.

I got my 45 day letter today. My details are as follows.

EB3-RIR
NY SWA
PD: March 19th 2002 (Please correct the tracker from Jan 20)
Software Engineer.
ETA Case #: P-05129-99XXX

I did not jump up in joy when I recieved my 45 day letter. I had a feeling of hoplessness that it has taken almost 4 years for them to acknowledge.

There were several mistakes. My Last name was mis-spelt.
It had my previous lawyers name and address. So I think they sent a copy of the 45 day letter to a lawyer I asked to be changed 3 years back.

It was fortunate that a copy of this went to my HR personnel.

For all you patient folks, hang in there. Your patience will pay off.
Even the worst nightmare has to come to an end.