Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

SlipperyGC said:
:mad: There is no satisfactory answer. Government agencies are not subject to
the same rules as private employers. There are no time limits and some
parts of the agency are faster than others.

Subject: RE: Pending Labor Cert

But why are they taking so long? This process shouldn't be like lottery
where you have to be lucky to win.

There is no satisfactory answer. You were unlucky and others were
lucky. Nothing I can do about it. Complaining will not work and not
endear you to anyone.

Subject: Pending Labor Cert

Can you please provide any info as to why my case is still stuck in
PBEC? Someone should be complaining to DOL for PBECs slow pace. I know
Mayanks case has been approved. They have promised FIFO, but why is my
case pending when mine is filed a month earlier? Is AILA doing something
about this? This is totally unfair, just because mine went to
Philadelphia and the other to Dallas and I should be suffering?

What does he mean by "Nothing I can do about it"? How is he different from rest of us? All he is capable of doing is filling forms and sending fedexs? Tell him to come look at this forum if he thinks there is nothing he can do about it, people are sending letters and contacting senators here which is attorneys job and he is just sitting there saying nothing I can do about it, f**king clown.

45 day letter received

My friend received 45 day letter yesterday. Nov.28. Case detail:

EB2, RIR
PD: Feb.2003
SWA: DC
Never made it to regional
Currently with PBEC.

SlipperyGC said:

endear you to anyone.

This is crap. He is not even trying to be sympathetic. Sounds like one of the rotten ones.

Lawyers just answer like this

SlipperyGC said:

endear you to anyone.

Because they don't want to pursue something where they are not getting money. If you offer $10000 to same lawyer, he will personally go to PBEC, inquire about your case - even by threatening PBEC guys and get you status. Don't get disappointed.

Who knows how to fix this problem.

Sent Email to H1B7YR to find out the status. Got email back from them
My PD was incorrect for one whole year.
Instead of PD 7/29/2002 they put 7/29/2003. :mad: :mad:
Other info was correct.
What is the best way to fix this madness. Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
ladude10 said:
Do you think day is IMP, Friend of mine got approval in first week of October. His prio date is 29th May and then I saw another post after couple of weeks his prio date was 2nd May. Both cases are from CA.

Ben, I am filing my 9th year extension next week.

ladude10, Could you please find more details about these two cases that were approved from CA(RIR). I haven't heard from PBEC on my case.

Thanks

Yeah... lets get more details on those two approvals from CA.
It will provide some insight into CA cases.....

dude123 said:
Ben, I am filing my 9th year extension next week.

ladude10, Could you please find more details about these two cases that were approved from CA(RIR). I haven't heard from PBEC on my case.

Thanks

How to find the status at PBEC

Could any please do let me know how to check the status of pending labor at PBEC?

Case Staus:
DE, RIR/EB2, Oct'2003
45 Days Letter Received:July2005, replied-Aug2005

try this

GCVS03 said:
Could any please do let me know how to check the status of pending labor at PBEC?

Case Staus:
DE, RIR/EB2, Oct'2003
45 Days Letter Received:July2005, replied-Aug2005

Sending email to <H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US> and wait for them to respond back to you.
In my case I tried it twice to get a horrible respond. My PD was entered wrong YEAR (instead of 2002, they put 2003). It is already long to wait for a respond. It is going to be longer. If I didn't try to check the status I wouldn't know it until now. The lawyer is working on it. I will keep sending mail to them until they fix their mess. :mad:

mariner555 said:
I think the best way to put pressure on the PBEC is through lawyers and AILA. most lawyers including mine have AILA membership and AILA meets with DOL officials regularly. I have read in the forums that AILA is not interested in backlog which may not be true. for eg if their clients get labor approval then they can charge more money for processing the next stage. so far my lawyer has been able to bill my company around 1000$ for labor filed in march 2004. one way would be to tell the lawyers that we are frustrated by PBEC and may think of other options like canadian residency.
any comments ?
Not always true. As soon as you get your labor and then green card you are gone for the lawyer. Until then they charge for the maintaining your case, yearly visa extensions etc. Why would they kill the hen with gold eggs ?

Certified!

Hello All,

I just heard from my lawyer today that my labor was certified!! Details are as follows:

PD: VA Mar 27, 2002 (RIR/EB2)
VA SESA Approved : Nov 28, 2003
25 Day Letter Received & Responded To : Feb 25, 2005

Not sure of actual approval date - I only got an email today - I will update this thread when I have additional information.

This particular group and the posts were my support structure during the past 1.5 years of misery, when there seemed like there was simply no hope on the horizon! My attorney did mention that there are mostly approvals (as opposed to RFEs etc.) coming through now, even though the dates are still erratic.

I hope that all of you will also get to move on to the next steps post haste (particularly the folks from 2001 who have suffered the longest in this joke of a system), so DO NOT LOSE HEART!!

Once again, thanks for all the support and camaraderie and best of luck to you all!

vk

Congratulation

vk2003 said:
Hello All,

I just heard from my lawyer today that my labor was certified!! Details are as follows:

Congratulation and thanks for the supporting words.
Best luck to you on the GC process. :D

Looks like the PBEC is slowly moving back and forth between Feb-Apr 2002 RIR cases.hmm....such a confusing sequence of approvals...

status check question

Can you still check your status thru email even if you are not going to file for 7th yr extension?

eaky said:
Sending email to <H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US> and wait for them to respond back to you.
In my case I tried it twice to get a horrible respond. My PD was entered wrong YEAR (instead of 2002, they put 2003). It is already long to wait for a respond. It is going to be longer. If I didn't try to check the status I wouldn't know it until now. The lawyer is working on it. I will keep sending mail to them until they fix their mess. :mad:

sbdol said:
Not always true. As soon as you get your labor and then green card you are gone for the lawyer. Until then they charge for the maintaining your case, yearly visa extensions etc. Why would they kill the hen with gold eggs ?

I agree. But I feel that is the only way you can put pressure on PBEC. what if all of us contact a neutral lawyer say Sheela Murthy. I do read her newsletter in which she mentions meetings with DOL officals. I am just giving an alternative idea. I am really doubtful that politicians will do anything since we are not voters. sending emails to stefanko will not help either. most likely PBEC knows that they are being monitored but if DOL tells them that they are slow then it may help ??

No

coolestone said:
Can you still check your status thru email even if you are not going to file for 7th yr extension?

You can not check status. When you request proof of labor for 7th year extension, status used to come as by-product. I am not sure now a days they still send status also.

LC Approved (NY, PD: 1/15/2002)

LC has been approved. Almost 4 f...ing years of waiting.

Details:

State: NY
Type: RIR
PD: 1/15/2002
45 days Letter received: Oct 2005

I guess that for those that have received the 45 days letter, are from NY and have PD close to the end of 2001, the approval should be close.

Congrats Juanito.Did you hear about any other approvals among your friends/co-workers in NY.

Juanito said:
LC has been approved. Almost 4 f...ing years of waiting.

Details:

State: NY
Type: RIR
PD: 1/15/2002
45 days Letter received: Oct 2005

I guess that for those that have received the 45 days letter, are from NY and have PD close to the end of 2001, the approval should be close.

vk2003 said:
Hello All,

Not sure of actual approval date - I only got an email today - I will update this thread when I have additional information.

This particular group and the posts were my support structure during the past 1.5 years of misery, when there seemed like there was simply no hope on the horizon! My attorney did mention that there are mostly approvals (as opposed to RFEs etc.) coming through now, even though the dates are still erratic.

I hope that all of you will also get to move on to the next steps post haste (particularly the folks from 2001 who have suffered the longest in this joke of a system), so DO NOT LOSE HEART!!

Once again, thanks for all the support and camaraderie and best of luck to you all!

vk

Congrats Buddy. Can you post your Case Number P_XXXX