Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Another MD approval

Posted in another Thread

My friend got his approval from Philly last month. Below are the details which I know. I'll post more specifics when I get them.

PD: July 2001
MD RIR EB2
BEC Case # : P-04-259-xxxxx
45-day letter received : Sometime in early Sept
Approval Received : Oct 2005
Actual Approval date : ????

zeifa said:
you guys:

What I can tell you about Philly BEC is They all are full of "Spanish Sluts" (for example DMV) or Illegal immigrant working like other places( Walmart) and do not have much time for do the job properly or else do not know how to read english..... what else that could be guys?

I dont think this is a good statement. We all are frustrated and tired with PBEC. It is reaching its limits but I would not recommend this kind of language. Please watch what you write.

BTW, I am in my 8th year already.

Lets all concentrate on the things in hand

I feel we are becoming too distracted. People venting out lot of their frustration. People jumping on top of each other. We should laud the efforts of some people like ben123 and a_to_z_gc who have started talking to the senators.

Meanwhile lets get together and have a comprehensive list of the people who have been certified and also we can track the earliest filings which have not seen the light of the day.

I have been using this forum to grasp information which of late has become less and less.

To add to the list I have a contribution one of my freinds reported that he got certified. The details that I know from
him were

PD May 2002 , RIR
State CA
Backlog center : PBEC
Certified : October 25 th

Do you know which day in May ?

gcqjul2002 said:
I feel we are becoming too distracted. People venting out lot of their frustration. People jumping on top of each other. We should laud the efforts of some people like ben123 and a_to_z_gc who have started talking to the senators.

Meanwhile lets get together and have a comprehensive list of the people who have been certified and also we can track the earliest filings which have not seen the light of the day.

I have been using this forum to grasp information which of late has become less and less.

To add to the list I have a contribution one of my freinds reported that he got certified. The details that I know from
him were

PD May 2002 , RIR
State CA

In 7th year extension

raj2004 said:
Hi, there are so many of my friends who either on 7 or 8 or 9th year of H1B extension, I am also 7th year of extension. Let me know what else you want to know about this. GL

I am in 7th year H1-B extension. My collegue at work is in 8th year extension.

javaconsultant said:
Do you know which day in May ?
Do you think day is IMP, Friend of mine got approval in first week of October. His prio date is 29th May and then I saw another post after couple of weeks his prio date was 2nd May. Both cases are from CA.

jdk98 said:
Hi ben123,

From Jan 30th 2006, I am in 9th year extension. Still my labor is at PBEC and no approval as so far.

jdk98
CTSWA - Non RIR - Jan 2003
P-05145-3****
45 days letter received and replied on 7th NOV 2005
I am in 7th year extension.

Does anyone knows which date are getting approval from PBEC ? I started the process in may 2004, got my 45 days letter in may 2005 and no answer from PBEC from then.

I am in End of my 7 year and already got my 8 th year extension. Let me know if you need any more details.

ben123 said:
HI all,
Thanks for the replies.
Actually, I am in talks with the congressman about the delays in labor certification. They are under imression that there are not many people are on 7th year H1b extension and definitely there are no people with 8th H1b extension. As per them, labor HAS to be certified to go onto 8th year! How naive ! And, apparently, when they inquired at PBEC, they were told that 2002 cases are being processed and all of them will be processed very soon! liars!

As I mentioned before in forums, I have been writing to the senators and the congressmen, also to the "higher" authorities. Most of them got back to me. This particular office has been working with me thru 3 calls before and I am expecting next call in next week. Though, so far, nothing fruitful has come, but at least they are trying to listen to us. May be because those people at PBEC give wrong picture when inquired and the offices like these believe them ;they are not aware of the reality!
So, I have many cases to quote! At least they will know the reality. Guys with 8th year and beyond, I might inquire your further details depending on how my next phone call goes.
Let's hope some office has what it takes to clear the backlog! :rolleyes:
Thanks again !

I do not know

I started the process in April 2001, got my 45 day letter in Feb 2005 and no answer. God alone knows!!!!

caltonraphael said:
Does anyone knows which date are getting approval from PBEC ? I started the process in may 2004, got my 45 days letter in may 2005 and no answer from PBEC from then.

this makes me think...

ashkee said:
I started the process in April 2001, got my 45 day letter in Feb 2005 and no answer. God alone knows!!!!

I thought I was getting close, but this makes me wonder ...can you paste your details please ?

gcqjul2002 said:

him were

PD May 2002 , RIR
State CA
I think the best way to put pressure on the PBEC is through lawyers and AILA. most lawyers including mine have AILA membership and AILA meets with DOL officials regularly. I have read in the forums that AILA is not interested in backlog which may not be true. for eg if their clients get labor approval then they can charge more money for processing the next stage. so far my lawyer has been able to bill my company around 1000$ for labor filed in march 2004. one way would be to tell the lawyers that we are frustrated by PBEC and may think of other options like canadian residency.
any comments ?

Is AILA seriously interested in Labor Backlog Issue?

mariner555 said:
I think the best way to put pressure on the PBEC is through lawyers and AILA. most lawyers including mine have AILA membership and AILA meets with DOL officials regularly. I have read in the forums that AILA is not interested in backlog which may not be true. for eg if their clients get labor approval then they can charge more money for processing the next stage. so far my lawyer has been able to bill my company around 1000$ for labor filed in march 2004. one way would be to tell the lawyers that we are frustrated by PBEC and may think of other options like canadian residency.
any comments ?

AILA may not be interested in the labor backlogs being cleared. The reason is their member firms get H1-B visa extension fees from those who are stuck at BECs. These revenues are likely to go up as more and more people will have to file for their 7th year and beyond H1-B extensions. Although they get money for filing of applications for the subsequent stages of the GC process, these fees are one-time fees. Not only this, once the person reaches to the I-140 stage and if priority dates are not current, one can file for 3 year H1-B extension. But, if one is at labor stage, only 1 year H1-B extension can be filed. Therefore, in total, there is no monetary gain for their member firms if labor backlogs are cleared.

A compassionate nation that values the newcomer

President Bush has been quoted as saying this in his immigration reform plan unveiled yesterday:
... the United States, he said, had always been "a compassionate nation that values the newcomer" and "the American people should not have to choose between a welcoming society and a legal society."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...29T123518Z_01_SIB855410_RTRUKOC_0_US-BUSH.xml

I hope PBEC people et.al. will understand this message if they are part of the "welcoming society".

----------

LC: NY RIR EB2
PBEC PD: 11-03-03 and that is it.

Attorney fee for 7th year H1B extension

I just filed the 7th year H1B, the attorney charged my company more than $1250 for H1 and H4 (attorney fee), USCIS ($185+$195), It seems that I will need at least another 3 year extension, this money is very easy for them, just filling out standard forms.

dvp1961 said:
AILA may not be interested in the labor backlogs being cleared. The reason is their member firms get H1-B visa extension fees from those who are stuck at BECs. These revenues are likely to go up as more and more people will have to file for their 7th year and beyond H1-B extensions. Although they get money for filing of applications for the subsequent stages of the GC process, these fees are one-time fees. Not only this, once the person reaches to the I-140 stage and if priority dates are not current, one can file for 3 year H1-B extension. But, if one is at labor stage, only 1 year H1-B extension can be filed. Therefore, in total, there is no monetary gain for their member firms if labor backlogs are cleared.

Lawyer's response about PBEC....

:mad: There is no satisfactory answer. Government agencies are not subject to
the same rules as private employers. There are no time limits and some
parts of the agency are faster than others.

Subject: RE: Pending Labor Cert

But why are they taking so long? This process shouldn't be like lottery
where you have to be lucky to win.

Subject: RE: Pending Labor Cert

There is no satisfactory answer. You were unlucky and others were
lucky. Nothing I can do about it. Complaining will not work and not
endear you to anyone.

Subject: Pending Labor Cert

Can you please provide any info as to why my case is still stuck in
PBEC? Someone should be complaining to DOL for PBECs slow pace. I know
Mayanks case has been approved. They have promised FIFO, but why is my
case pending when mine is filed a month earlier? Is AILA doing something
about this? This is totally unfair, just because mine went to
Philadelphia and the other to Dallas and I should be suffering?