Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

triniti, this is really misleading, why you posting year old information without mentioning it. Even though the article has date, I missed it, and realized about after reading it half way.

July_2003, why can't you file homestead application. Even though we are non-immigrants for USCIS purpose, we are (and might we have to) resident (state and federal) for tax purposes.

a_to_z_gc, you are right we should also contact other law firms.

Today, we can all raise this issue in Murthy's chat. Please try to remember to come to the chat. If we have 10 questions about BEC, Murthy definitely has to answer it. She can't just ride on "good for the community" showoff, without doing anything for the community.

when is the chat at murthy schedule for ??

USCISisMockery said:
triniti, this is really misleading, why you posting year old information without mentioning it. Even though the article has date, I missed it, and realized about after reading it half way.

July_2003, why can't you file homestead application. Even though we are non-immigrants for USCIS purpose, we are (and might we have to) resident (state and federal) for tax purposes.

a_to_z_gc, you are right we should also contact other law firms.

Today, we can all raise this issue in Murthy's chat. Please try to remember to come to the chat. If we have 10 questions about BEC, Murthy definitely has to answer it. She can't just ride on "good for the community" showoff, without doing anything for the community.

No chat session today

Next MurthyChat Session : The next session of the MurthyChat will be on Monday, Nov 21, 2005, 9:00pm Eastern Time (U.S.). There will be no chat session on Nov 14, 2005, as Attorney Murthy will be unavailable that evening. Meanwhile, access transcripts of past chat sessions or search for answers to specific questions.

??

Are you sure your PD is Sep'04? How your case got approved already?

lavendersummer said:
Actually I'm sorry that I misled you in my last post. I just realized 09/03 was not PD in the original post, that was SlipperyGC's. This is the original post. I took the liberty to quote it here.
================================
Hi

I applied LC on September 10, 2004 from Atlanta. I
have received letter from PBEC that my LC was approved
on November 3, 2005. I know some of you try to track
dates. Good luck to you all...

JFF
=================================

triniti said:
Minutes of DOL Backlog Reduction/Reengineering Briefing to AILA-DOL Liaison Committee

Philadelphia Backlog Reduction Center Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
October 8, 2004

Present at Meeting:
For DOL: William Carlson, Steve Stefanko, Phil Raeburn, Melanie Shay, Rachel Wittman
For AILA: Fran Berger, Dyann DelVecchio, Cheryl Lenz-Calvo, Marketa Lindt, Laura Mazel, Elissa McGovern, Rebecca Sigmund, Adan Vega, Cora Tekach (AILA National Office)

Guys, let's write letters to the AILA lawyers. They're in the Liaison Committee, that means they have direct access to the DOL dummies, so they should be able to put pressure on DOL.

Don't wait for a template, write your own letter. I think we should ask for the Committe to push the DOL to release info/updates, which is a real and doable thing, rather than just "please process faster" requests.

I'm gonna write (or rather, beg) to all of them.

Do not post any Questions. Only Approvals should come in here

neha_wal said:
just a humble request, Please do not write anything on this thread other than LC approvals from BEC Philadelphia, you can always write other stuff in any related thread or create a new thread

Like Neha requested Members do not reply to any questions in this Forum.Let members post their approvals only. Only exception for questions could be asking for further deatils on the approavls

There is another forum for PBEC which handles all kinds of qustions like How do I start a GC ?? How do we Protest and March against PBEC and How do we file class action suits on DOL etc etc

Let this one remain as an information Thread only

cantstandit said:
Guys, let's write letters to the AILA lawyers. They're in the Liaison Committee, that means they have direct access to the DOL dummies, so they should be able to put pressure on DOL.

Don't wait for a template, write your own letter. I think we should ask for the Committe to push the DOL to release info/updates, which is a real and doable thing, rather than just "please process faster" requests.

I'm gonna write (or rather, beg) to all of them.

Sometime back, I have asked for writing a letter as a group to the members of AILA regarding issues we are facing with BECs and request them to bring to the attention of DOL at their meeting. This has not received much support in the forum yet.

I still believe AILA has lot of say and we can send letters including our names to Rajeev Khanna, Murthy and other members it will have a definite impact. Guys, lawyers have a lot of say.........

Help making good decision!

Guys, I know lot of you are in same situation as I am. I am on 8th year of H1B.
LC pending PBEC.
PD: 1st april, 2003
FL ATL EB2
45L received Augusr P-520XXXXX
Visa retro is not a issue for me.

Now I want to apply for PERM can you help me on some issues,

1. I heard I can keep the Priority date [Apr'03] and convert to PERM. Is it true for sure?
2. If that is true then would I be able to renew my H1b based on my old LC that was pending in PBEC after converting to PERM?
3. In Atlanta PERM center how long it takes now a days to approve the PERM.
4. How long it takes to prepare all the paperworks for PERM.

I am sure this information would help us all.

Thanks,
rim

Good news for New Yorkers!

Looks like things are moving in Phily for the NY people. My petition has just been approved. MY PD was November 30, 2001. The case was approved on October 21, my lawyer received the letter this morning.
45 day letter was received and replied to in March. Hope you guys get yours soon!
Good luck to all.

RC

In Florida you must be a "permanent resident" in order to qualify for homestead exemption. They require to show your green card. If you don't have it - they will deny. I know people who filed a lawsuit against that and lost their cases.

USCISisMockery said:

rc10580 said:
Looks like things are moving in Phily for the NY people. My petition has just been approved. MY PD was November 30, 2001. The case was approved on October 21, my lawyer received the letter this morning.
45 day letter was received and replied to in March. Hope you guys get yours soon!
Good luck to all.

RC

Congratulations!!! Nice to see a Philly BEC approval after a long time!!! Good luck with 140/485!!

I am predicting JustWatching's approval is around the corner since his PD is in Nov 2001. I hope and pray to see a flood of PBEC approvals very soon.

Approval from NY - Msg from RC10580

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to all.

RC

You are wrong...iam living in Florida for past 5 years , i have filed homestead exemption for past 3 years and no issues...

July_2003 said:
In Florida you must be a "permanent resident" in order to qualify for homestead exemption. They require to show your green card. If you don't have it - they will deny. I know people who filed a lawsuit against that and lost their cases.

rc10580 said:
Good luck to all.

RC

Congrats ! I agree too, I think this is the 3rd or 4th approval for NY SWA for PD's around Oct/Nov 2001 that we've seen in the last 4 weeks or so ... looks like they're putting officers to adjudicate specific states ?! or is this FIFO finally kicking in !?

Congratulations ! Good Luck for future steps !

Can you post your details ?

saknia said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to all.

RC

rc10580 said:
Good luck to all.

RC
Congratulations. Good luck with the next stages.

Congrats and good luck

rc10580 said:
Good luck to all.

RC

Congrats and good luck.. its good to see a NY approval after all this time and that to a case which didnt make it to the Regional. Can you please provide first few digits of your case # ?

Thanks in advance

Manny
-------------------------------------------------

PD - Nov 15, 2001
NY
Rec and replied to 45 days in March

Hi guys
iam new to this forum.Gone through some of the posts which are very informative thanks to everyone.my case is in phily when i sent a mail for 9th yr H1B extension proof in sep'05 i got a screenshot where my processing type was RIR and the Case Status Region .Now when i sent another mail yesterday everything is same except the processing type is changed to TR and the case source is changed to state.
Can anyone please tell me if its a part of process or should i be contacting my lawyer to get it corrected as my state has been cleared already before it went to Backlog center.
Thanks to all

State : Pensylvania
Priority Date : 05/13/2002
Processing Type: Changed to TR from RIR
Case Received Date : 10/01/2004
Case Source : now STATE earlier it was REGION
ETA Case Number : P-04275-10XXX
Processing Center : Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
45 Day Letter : Received and replied back