Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Aprlc..thnx for sharing !!

Why the hell everything is going wrong here .........??????????????????

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Not a good news but just wanted to share. It does not look good at PBEC for applications which did not make it to regional. THe whole process seems to be in dire straits at this time. So you may not be able to know when you will be getting your Labor.

I like Mockery's approach so support his awareness Program and Pound this 800 pound DOL gorilla from all possible sides you can which would at least awake it from its deep Sound erratic sleep.

All the best guys

I will update you clearly what is going on in next couple days.

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Not a good news but just wanted to share. It does not look good at PBEC for applications which did not make it to regional. THe whole process seems to be in dire straits at this time. So you may not be able to know when you will be getting your Labor.

I like Mockery's approach so support his awareness Program and Pound this 800 pound DOL gorilla from all possible sides you can which would at least awake it from its deep Sound erratic sleep.

All the best guys

aprlc2002,
Thanks for the information. I saw some approvals from PBEC for the cases that made it to regional. My company got some approvals from March-May 2002 Va cases. But approvals have suddenly stopped even for cases that made it to the Regional. My case was filed in October 2002 from Va and made it to the regional. Do you know if the case may get approved by this year?

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

All the best guys

This is the scariest news at this moment.....

What do we do guys....?? Are these guys eating peanuts at that office...?

I think all the 2001/2002 guys shud go and meet Stephen Stefanko. I can understand the mental torture 2001/2002 guys are going thru.
My case is OCt2003 and I am running out of patience already.... Why is bad-luck always haunting us...

I see the latest Sept2003 case approved at Dallas BEC as of now...

Last edited by a moderator:
So what we going to do???

Sending faxes and calling the PBEC is only going to have so much of an impact - which is negligible - because you are a Nobody.
If you want impact and want to be heard, then get a Somebody to do the job for you. Ideally, a senator who either heads or is a member of the committe that overseas BCIS and thus PBEC will make a strong impact. All he needs to do is to look into the matter, which does not need any Bill to be passed, and you have a good chance that things start to move.

So now the questions is - Why would a Senator want to do this for you?? Any takers??
How about for a simple fact - that you support his campaign, morally and financially !!!
Think along those lines people, because its possibly the best chance we have.

Sending faxes to all

BluBerry said:
Sending faxes and calling the PBEC is only going to have so much of an impact - which is negligible - because you are a Nobody.
If you want impact and want to be heard, then get a Somebody to do the job for you. Ideally, a senator who either heads or is a member of the committe that overseas BCIS and thus PBEC will make a strong impact. All he needs to do is to look into the matter, which does not need any Bill to be passed, and you have a good chance that things start to move.

So now the questions is - Why would a Senator want to do this for you?? Any takers??
How about for a simple fact - that you support his campaign, morally and financially !!!

I recommend we do it all. If you concentrate on contacting senators only, they will request their congressional staffs to follow up on your matter but not neccesary effective. I have requested both my senators to look into it and until today I have not gotten any news. I even faxed to all judiciary committees for immigration. Nothing so far....! It has been over 4 months now.

aycy said:
I recommend we do it all. If you concentrate on contacting senators only, they will request their congressional staffs to follow up on your matter but not neccesary effective. I have requested both my senators to look into it and until today I have not gotten any news. I even faxed to all judiciary committees for immigration. Nothing so far....! It has been over 4 months now.

This doesn't look or sound easy dealing with politicians. More than 99% here are just common job goers just hanging on with the job not even knowing the 'a,b,'c' of the politicians around here.

If there is someone here in this forum who knows, or knows someone who knows a Senator who is willing to hear our story Please post....That can be the first step. Coming to financial help.....I am sure everyone will come forward with that...

But we first need to find a politician....

BluBerry said:

What BlueBerry saying here makes lots of sense. As individuals or groups, "guys with H1", we dont have mussle power to wake up the gorilla. And believe me this gorilla is not sleeping. He is awake and aware of the situation. He is very comforteable in this situation and he doesnot wants things to change. I will just give an example for a similar event happened in Rutgers University in NJ...

2 years ago I was staying in Family graduate housing. And graduate housing commite was planning to make their 15% annual ridiculus raise to our rents. The rent of the houses were almost higher then our salaries. In the past years noone complained so they kept making these raises. But this time people were determined. Before 4 weeks from the raise, we formed a Family Graduate Resident Comity. Elected the Leaders secretaries etc... (as you see we were organized very detailly). And then we made meetings, prepared documents to distribute. Email and fax bombarded the Graduate housing management. Contacted newspapers. We also made a legal crowded walk (under police control) in the campus to protest the ridiculus raise. Contacted Dean. At the end what happened..............
The graduate Housing commite looked our effords with a sympathy and replied us that, there will be a 15% raise if we like it or not. If we dont like it, we were allowed to leave the Family housing. (what a nice option). As Family Graduate Resident Comity we made our last meeting. We brought some of our friends who were at law school to get advise. We thought maybe we can sue them. Our answer was so clear: it may take a year maybe several years for our case in the court which we dont have time for that. And all our effords were for nothing. Some people left the housing.. and some stayed to bear the high rent.

In this situation Graduate Housing reaction was so logical. First of all, who were we? We were alliens with some F1, J1 or H1 visas. We were nobody in this country. It was very easy to pick on us. And this was what they did.

Now as you see this case is pretty much related to our LC case. As BlueBerry said, we need to find someone who will be able to do the job for us. A Senator is a good candidate for this. Maybe we can focus on this how to take the attantion of a senator on our problem.. and go from there.....

Regards....

Note: This post was not discourage the efforts that we are doing. It is just to show. we shouldnot walk in the circles and should spent our efforts more effectively.....

here are some of my thoughts on getting our issues heard :

a) Contact Senators thru fax,snail mail.
b) Write to Media - Newspapers in Philadelphia(major news papers in Philly),
New York Times and Washington Post.

To have an impact,we have to approach this matter as a group and concentrate our efforts as a group.that would be MOST EFFECTIVE !

Also if we can publish one article about inefficient PBEC in any major newspaper ,we can get attention of all other newspapers..because to compete with others,these newspapers would go after with our story.We should write to major newspapers like New York Times,Washington Post.

Let me know your views on my thoughts.

BluBerry said:

I'm 100% agree with you JavaConsultant.. the question is who will do this stuff? We need a person to lead us to this battle..

javaconsultant said:
here are some of my thoughts on getting our issues heard :

a) Contact Senators thru fax,snail mail.
b) Write to Media - Newspapers in Philadelphia(major news papers in Philly),
New York Times and Washington Post.

To have an impact,we have to approach this matter as a group and concentrate our efforts as a group.that would be MOST EFFECTIVE !

Also if we can publish one article about inefficient PBEC in any major newspaper ,we can get attention of all other newspapers..because to compete with others,these newspapers would go after with our story.We should write to major newspapers like New York Times,Washington Post.

Let me know your views on my thoughts.

Screen Shot

Today I got respond to my screen shot from Philly:
There is no information about my case status; they only wrote that my application is pending.
Who can tell me, what dose it mean?
1. No CASE STATUS.
and also
2. It is written: Case source- STATE.
Should it be Regional?
My case(RIR) was forwarded from Georgia State LOB in July 2003 to Regional LOB.
Please clarify.
Thanks

I agree with U 99.99% .
First we are just VISA holders we do not have political rights .
We do have legal rights but our legal rights are not harmed due to pending laboror slow immigration process .
Green Card is "privilage" not "your right",Do not depend or expect on this No body invited us in this country .No body is stopping us from going out of country if somebody feels he is "harassed" due to slow action of Greencard process .He can happily leave this country .

More over many ppl on message board talking about campaigns etc just becasue they have seen others (in different cases) they really forget who they are ? These ppl can't get work done in thier municipalities (in home country) in legal way ,can t fight .they simply wants raise a campaing here for some thing that is just a privilage not their right ????

I agree "hire" some one ,senator or lobby activist ...But who is going to do this and for what ,(Votes ? we dont give ? taxes ?we are already giving ? Fincacial aids ? How much (millions/billions)H1 can give ? ? .. :D

LC said:
What BlueBerry saying here makes lots of sense. As individuals or groups, "guys with H1", we dont have mussle power to wake up the gorilla. And believe me this gorilla is not sleeping. He is awake and aware of the situation. He is very comforteable in this situation and he doesnot wants things to change. I will just give an example for a similar event happened in Rutgers University in NJ...

2 years ago I was staying in Family graduate housing. And graduate housing commite was planning to make their 15% annual ridiculus raise to our rents. The rent of the houses were almost higher then our salaries. In the past years noone complained so they kept making these raises. But this time people were determined. Before 4 weeks from the raise, we formed a Family Graduate Resident Comity. Elected the Leaders secretaries etc... (as you see we were organized very detailly). And then we made meetings, prepared documents to distribute. Email and fax bombarded the Graduate housing management. Contacted newspapers. We also made a legal crowded walk (under police control) in the campus to protest the ridiculus raise. Contacted Dean. At the end what happened..............
The graduate Housing commite looked our effords with a sympathy and replied us that, there will be a 15% raise if we like it or not. If we dont like it, we were allowed to leave the Family housing. (what a nice option). As Family Graduate Resident Comity we made our last meeting. We brought some of our friends who were at law school to get advise. We thought maybe we can sue them. Our answer was so clear: it may take a year maybe several years for our case in the court which we dont have time for that. And all our effords were for nothing. Some people left the housing.. and some stayed to bear the high rent.

In this situation Graduate Housing reaction was so logical. First of all, who were we? We were alliens with some F1, J1 or H1 visas. We were nobody in this country. It was very easy to pick on us. And this was what they did.

Now as you see this case is pretty much related to our LC case. As BlueBerry said, we need to find someone who will be able to do the job for us. A Senator is a good candidate for this. Maybe we can focus on this how to take the attantion of a senator on our problem.. and go from there.....

Regards....

Note: This post was not discourage the efforts that we are doing. It is just to show. we shouldnot walk in the circles and should spent our efforts more effectively.....

why shouldn't we try?

I agree with you 0.01%

yes, GC is a privilege, but the outcry here is for the inequality being rendered to PBEC cases. Your case will be valid if we are crying for visa numbers - that is a statute we have to face and accept, and we should ask our employers to take it up with the US government. But in this case we are talking about implementation of a process and the inefficiency that's resulting in biased outcome.

Take it from me buddy, bureaucratic inefficiency is omni present, no one contests that fact. But there are many of us who have and will take inactive bureacrats to task here and back home.

Soormabhopali said:
I agree with U 99.99% .
We do have legal rights but our legal rights are not harmed due to pending laboror slow immigration process .
Green Card is "privilage" not "your right",Do not depend or expect on this No body invited us in this country .No body is stopping us from going out of country if somebody feels he is "harassed" due to slow action of Greencard process .He can happily leave this country .

More over many ppl on message board talking about campaigns etc just becasue they have seen others (in different cases) they really forget who they are ? These ppl can't get work done in thier municipalities (in home country) in legal way ,can t fight .they simply wants raise a campaing here for some thing that is just a privilage not their right ????

I agree "hire" some one ,senator or lobby activist ...But who is going to do this and for what ,(Votes ? we dont give ? taxes ?we are already giving ? Fincacial aids ? How much (millions/billions)H1 can give ? ? .. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
organise ourselves first

i think we need to meet up first on our own and see our strength before we talk about getting the media & senators involved .talking via the net is easy because u are safe in your office ,but how many will turn up there out in the open is the question

Most of the people on this board are making constructive efforts to raise awareness.
PLEASE do NOT discourage them If you have nothing constructive to offer,then dont offer it.

Secondly we are unlucky because our cases were sent to PHiladelphia.

If my case had been sent to Dallas, I would be on EAD with Advanced Parole.

We got SCREWED because our petitions were sent to one place instead of another.

ANd that is enough grounds to highlight our plight.

Soormabhopali said:
I agree with U 99.99% .

Agree..."GC" is only a privilege and not our right...we are million times better off than the illegal immigrants who in no way contribute to the economy...The govt here cares only about the illegal immigrants. To be honest they have no clue what is a H1 and how we contribute... We shud make them aware. I know its a giant effort, but with many big employers and big IT companies talking and commenting about more outsourcing it will definetly make a difference...

No one in this country ever belonged here, if not their fathers their grandfathers must have come here sometime back...No big deal about that...

when DBEC with the same resources is doing well...what the heck is happening to Philly center...!! thats what we need to know and trying to figure out something...

We dont want solutions like 'go back to your country' and stuff. Like you said, maybe one of the reasons we dont want to go back to our country is that we cant get a simple thing done at the Muncipality without oiling palms...

Guys like you only want to hang around motivating people in the right direction
and the kind thinking if something good will happen it shud happen to me too, let those guys work their butt off....

No body discorging any one and no body is offering ,This message board is for expressing and communicating ,Its not constructive or destructive uncessary making "self praised efforts" doesnt count .If ,But Else becasue shows your ignorance to reality . You can plead your self as you want do not expect every one thinks like You .
Just becasue of privilage given , you are starting a campaign :D and saying others not to do constructive ???If you have problem with current status or procedings leave USA .

FIRST OF ALL YOU ALL STOP MAKING THIS MESSAGE BOARD AS A CAMPAIGN GROUND .IF YOU WANT START YOUR OWN MESSAGE BOARD AND DO WHAT EVER you want not every one likes ur campaing here .ITS A LAWYERs WEB SITE FOR Immigration issuses ,not for propagating ,collecting or influencing others to act or bashing American Beurocates .

jnathan said:
Most of the people on this board are making constructive efforts to raise awareness.
PLEASE do NOT discourage them If you have nothing constructive to offer,then dont offer it.

Secondly we are unlucky because our cases were sent to PHiladelphia.

If my case had been sent to Dallas, I would be on EAD with Advanced Parole.

We got SCREWED because our petitions were sent to one place instead of another.

ANd that is enough grounds to highlight our plight.

Soormabhopali said:
No body discorging any one and no body is offering ,This message board is for expressing and communicating ,Its not constructive or destructive uncessary making "self praised efforts" doesnt count .If ,But Else becasue shows your ignorance to reality . You can plead your self as you want do not expect every one thinks like You .
Just becasue of privilage given , you are starting a campaign :D and saying others not to do constructive ???If you have problem with current status or procedings leave USA .

FIRST OF ALL YOU ALL STOP MAKING THIS MESSAGE BOARD AS A CAMPAIGN GROUND .IF YOU WANT START YOUR OWN MESSAGE BOARD AND DO WHAT EVER you want not every one likes ur campaing here .ITS A LAWYERs WEB SITE FOR Immigration issuses ,not for propagating ,collecting or influencing others to act or bashing American Beurocates .

Can I suggest a signature campaign? Let us, the less fortunate people whose cases went to Philly, make a simple web site with a sample campaign letter that express our frustration because of what’s happening in Philly (though I don’t think anyone of us really know what’s going on inside that black hole). The sample letter should ask for reasonable explanation about the gap between the 2 BECs an. Once we collect certain numbers of signatures (lets say 10,000 or more) we mail it out.

Soormabhopali said:

I also forgot to add in my last post "Rutgers University in NJ event" that, those people from graduate housing, they were also kept telling us that "University housing is not "your right", it is a "privillage". If you dont like it (rent amount) then go out of the campus and rent a home over there.".
As it is seen this is the same mentality as our LC processing people.

I can also easily say that, Soormabhopali and I are making very constructive suggestions with real experiences and show the facts to everyone. Therefore, about this campaining against PBEC, it may not be a vice idea to open a flag and go all out to a war. Before that, you need preparation and proper environment. As we are suggesting personnal or group efforts will not be enough to solve the problem alone. That is why we suggested Senators option. But of course is it easy or difficult to arrange this is a question. Thats why other people can present their comments and maybe come up with a solution.
Simply saying "if your post is not constructive then dont post it." will not do any good. Because maybe your post is not constructive to me!! then you shouldnot post it either.

We are all posting our comments here. So just be respectful and stay in communication.

Stay in peace.

E2 NJ
PD: January 2003
45 Day letter received in Oct 2005

Lets do it..

Anybody living in or close to Philly and has his/her case in PBEC is an excellent candidate to lead for the cause.

This Seems Like A Very Good Idea

Can I suggest a signature campaign? Let us, the less fortunate people whose cases went to Philly, make a simple web site with a sample campaign letter that express our frustration because of what’s happening in Philly (though I don’t think anyone of us really know what’s going on inside that black hole). The sample letter should ask for reasonable explanation about the gap between the 2 BECs an. Once we collect certain numbers of signatures (lets say 10,000 or more) we mail it