Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

..and what makes you think that his wife doesn't listen to him??

She is a very qualified person but she is still a political appointee and the quickest way to get her ear is through her husband...unless you have some info that I don't...

GCkiTalash said:
and what makes you think that his wife listens to him?? :)

SOS to Whereismy_GC

whereismy_GC and others....

I am in the same situation as whereismy_GC posted a couple of weeks ago...
I am looking out for any helpful suggestions urgently. Scenario is :

1.Currently on 7th yr h1 expiring May 18th 2006.
2. Filed Labor at NY Oct2003.
3. getting laid off next Friday(Nov 4th)
4. Current employer will not withdraw the LC petition.

What are the options I have ?

I read from whereismyGC posts that we can file for 8thyr extension-and-transfer before 6months of H1 expiry(In my case Nov 19th) and get extension until May2007...Am I right/wrong ...?

After this process of 8th yr extension, I file for a new labor under perm...all goes well, then 140 stage scenario.

My question here is I have no Masters DEgree from the US or India. What will this effect be in PERM labor..? My academics are a civil enginer with overall 15+yrs experience and 7yrs US experience. Nothing to do with the IT industry... What are the chances at the PERM labor filing..?

time required is 1 month for h1 extension + perm ad+filing=3months (+unaccountable dollars...)

I am also seeing this as a blessing in disguise..with my kind of PD:OCt 2003 it will easily take another 2yrs to reach mine, by then 140 will get clogged at Vermont SC...

I know this is a wrong posting in this forum, but I am somuch into this thread and familiar with all the nicknames I am posting it here. I runnining out of time..

Any risk in this situation...??

Kindly post your pointers

triniti said:
Just find out how much it costs to place a half page ad on washington post, philadelphia enquirer or new york post, new york times or la times. We do not have to do all of them, just one or two depending on the cost would be enough. Part of the deal would be to launch a story too (possibly the following week). Yes, newspapers do these things (not just because you placed a half page ad, anyone can do that. You just negotiate the price with the story). Then announce the cost. People would donate money (I am willing to donate $100) through paypal or any other means. Then if we can raise the money, we do it. If not, we just hope that the person who would lead would be honorable enough to send the money back.

The emphasis should be on both LC and Retrogression. That way, it interests more people, which would increase the possibility that we can raise the money. Also, it would be more appealing for the newspaper too. Besides, retrogression is the next step we all have to deal with even if we get the LC. The following should be the focus:

1) Clear lack of FIFO
2) Huge discrepancy between Philly and Dallas
3) Lack of feedback on status
4) Lack of estimates for processing

The following should be the demands:
1) Follow FIFO, explain why it has not been followed so far and tell us when it will be followed
3) Explain why Dallas is so faster than Philly
3) Move some cases to Dallas from Philly
4) Immediately establish a web site to provide feedback on status and estimated time frames.
5) Allow filing for I-485 even if PD is not current (you still would not get the GC but you would enjoy portability and EAD and Advanced Parole and not have to renew H1 every year)
6) Do not count dependents against the quota
7) Increase the quota
8) Allow H4 dependents to work (everyone else can J2's, etc., why not H4's. What's wrong with them?)

These are my 2 cents. Like I said, I am ready to donate if anyone comes up with a plan.

Count me in.. I'd be glad to donate... nothing to lose anyway.. would love to contribute in other areas like writing, organizing etc, but am out of the country at the moment and travelling constantly.
But we need to do more than writing e-mails (though that is important too!)

Dallas will be finishing up RIR regional cases soon

tikal said:
Maybe it is not such a bad thing. Let DBEC cycle thru' its load, and then let the f*faces at PBEC transfer our cases over there for a 2nd pass. In this case, let retrogression dates stay where they are, so that true FIFO is established for 140/485. But any talk about BECs - PBEC in particular - is just a pipe dream.

Dallas is going to finish all RIR regional cases soon. They will be working on Non-RIR and SWA cases soon.

Best of luck to us.

Brilliant.

This is a great idea. This way we can get a lot of visibility with Wash Post. Count me for the donation as well. We really need to draft the ad really well, with the statistics. It should highlight the problem and propose a solution. Most Americans (including CNN's Lou Dobbs - believe it or not) say that they are only against illegal border crosssing but they fully support legal immigration. It is the time for them to step up.

Some of you guys are very smart and are on the top of this issue. I would urge you to get started with the draft of the ad. Get the rates from the paper and start counting the "Victims" who are willing to support it.

Pineapple said:
Count me in.. I'd be glad to donate... nothing to lose anyway.. would love to contribute in other areas like writing, organizing etc, but am out of the country at the moment and travelling constantly.
But we need to do more than writing e-mails (though that is important too!)

triniti said:
Just find out how much it costs to place a half page ad on washington post, philadelphia enquirer or new york post, new york times or la times. We do not have to do all of them, just one or two depending on the cost would be enough. Part of the deal would be to launch a story too (possibly the following week). Yes, newspapers do these things (not just because you placed a half page ad, anyone can do that. You just negotiate the price with the story). Then announce the cost. People would donate money (I am willing to donate $100) through paypal or any other means. Then if we can raise the money, we do it. If not, we just hope that the person who would lead would be honorable enough to send the money back.

The emphasis should be on both LC and Retrogression. That way, it interests more people, which would increase the possibility that we can raise the money. Also, it would be more appealing for the newspaper too. Besides, retrogression is the next step we all have to deal with even if we get the LC. The following should be the focus:

1) Clear lack of FIFO
2) Huge discrepancy between Philly and Dallas
3) Lack of feedback on status
4) Lack of estimates for processing

The following should be the demands:
1) Follow FIFO, explain why it has not been followed so far and tell us when it will be followed
3) Explain why Dallas is so faster than Philly
3) Move some cases to Dallas from Philly
4) Immediately establish a web site to provide feedback on status and estimated time frames.
5) Allow filing for I-485 even if PD is not current (you still would not get the GC but you would enjoy portability and EAD and Advanced Parole and not have to renew H1 every year)
6) Do not count dependents against the quota
7) Increase the quota
8) Allow H4 dependents to work (everyone else can J2's, etc., why not H4's. What's wrong with them?)

These are my 2 cents. Like I said, I am ready to donate if anyone comes up with a plan.

We might need to reiterate this:

I appreciate your effort and acknowledge the problems we face (labor, 485, visa regrogression), but...

Its just surprising to see lot of people confusing various issues. PBEC, Elaine Chao etc only deals with labor certificate, anything else is USCIS. These issues are to be fought differently. By shooting one magic capsule to irrelevant people, we are not only jeopardizing our main objective (to speed up adjudication rate at PBEC), we repel them for any future genuine efforts. Do you think "Allow H4 dependents to work" can be done overnight ? There are tons of other problems that immigration community, so that doesn't mean we combine them and hope atleast one of these works. Also by including 485 in each and every discussion, we are confusing lot of newcomers to this forums who otherwise might help us in our original goal (To speed up adjudication rate at PBEC). Labor in itself is confusing with various jargons (DOL, PBEC, PD, RD, 45 day ...), now you are making it just unbearable to senetors and media (they are layman when it comes to immigration matters) by talking about quota and 485.

Its my humble request, to just focus on PBEC and PBEC. Leave everything else to other threads, forums and groups.

Irrelevant to forum but though u guys might know the answer

**Please do not read further if you don't want to read things not directly related to PBEC**

Guys,
I'm filing for the 6th year extension of my H-1B. So far, I have managed to survive filling out the forms but I have come across a small stumbling block. There is a section which asks if an immigrant petition has been filed for the applicant. Now, my labor is due for more than a year but I'm not sure if it counts as an immigrant petition as technically, I-140 is an immigrant petition. The question is, should I tick Yes or No to the question.
Thanks in anticipation.

yours_sincerely said:
**Please do not read further if you don't want to read things not directly related to PBEC**

Guys,
I'm filing for the 6th year extension of my H-1B. So far, I have managed to survive filling out the forms but I have come across a small stumbling block. There is a section which asks if an immigrant petition has been filed for the applicant. Now, my labor is due for more than a year but I'm not sure if it counts as an immigrant petition as technically, I-140 is an immigrant petition. The question is, should I tick Yes or No to the question.
Thanks in anticipation.

I don't have my forms here with me but if I remember corrcetly, the H1B is a temporary visa but the applicant is allowed to have dual intent which mean he is allowed to seek immigrant status. I believe the answer is yes.

Go check in the I-129 forum as many there should have the answer to your question. Good luck !

yours_sincerely said:

Guys,
Thanks in anticipation.
The answer should be "Yes" ONLY IF the I-140 has been filed.

If only your labor is pending, the answer is "NO".

I have filed several extensions and am currently on my 8th year H1B extension - labor still pending.

Willing to support

msabir said:
This is a great idea. This way we can get a lot of visibility with Wash Post. Count me for the donation as well. We really need to draft the ad really well, with the statistics. It should highlight the problem and propose a solution. Most Americans (including CNN's Lou Dobbs - believe it or not) say that they are only against illegal border crosssing but they fully support legal immigration. It is the time for them to step up.

Some of you guys are very smart and are on the top of this issue. I would urge you to get started with the draft of the ad. Get the rates from the paper and start counting the "Victims" who are willing to support it.

Guys, i am ready to support. Count me in.

Thanks

Thanks pbaisya,
I appreciate it!
pbaisya said:
The answer should be "Yes" ONLY IF the I-140 has been filed.

If only your labor is pending, the answer is "NO".

I have filed several extensions and am currently on my 8th year H1B extension - labor still pending.

NOT BEC UPDATE

Question to yours_sincerely, MDwatch, pbaisya, or Anyone

When filling I-129 form for the 7th year extension, do your employer have to file for the Prevailling Wage Form again? Please advise. Thanks.

VAGCwaiting said:
NOT BEC UPDATE

When filling I-129 form for the 7th year extension, do your employer have to file for the Prevailling Wage Form again? Please advise. Thanks.

Yes the employer has to send a new prevailing wage request form to the state SWA. The LCA.

yours_sincerely said:

Guys,
Thanks in anticipation.

Mark it "NO"

yours_sincerely said:

Guys,
Thanks in anticipation.

yours_sincerely,
You are right. Filing labor does not mean employer has filed for "immigrant petition". Only filing of I-140 counts as filing of immigrant petition. There is also a similar question on DS-156 form (application for H-1B non-immigrant visa which we fill out at a consulate abroad (Chennai / Canada, etc)). Your answer should be "NO". Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
immigration reform bill introduced by Chuck Hagle of Nebraska

There is an update in the http://immigration-law.com which talks about the
immigration reform bill introduced by Chuck Hagle of Nebraska .Is this going to have immediate impact on the current GC process.

USISMockery whats your opinion on this

Sen. Chuck Hagle of Nebraska Introduced Another Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill on 10/25/2005

High-Tech Workers – To address the need for high-tech workers and to reduce the existing worker visa backlog, this legislation would allow foreign students who have earned an advanced degree in science, technology, engineering or math from U.S. universities to receive a H-1B work visa without leaving the country and without regard to the annual cap of 65,000. In addition, high-tech workers who have worked in the U.S. for three years may be allowed to adjust to permanent resident status without regard to the annual cap of 140,000. The spouses and children of immigrant workers would also be allowed to adjust status without regard to this cap.

VAGCwaiting said:
NOT BEC UPDATE

YES.

H1-B Extension

I am filing my 8th year extension. My labor has been pending at PBEC. Am I allowed to file for 3 years under the new guideline since labor is pending and retrogession will affect me. Thank you.

Omarx said:
I am filing my 8th year extension. My labor has been pending at PBEC. Am I allowed to file for 3 years under the new guideline since labor is pending and retrogession will affect me. Thank you.

No, you cannot. Your I-140 must already be approved and retrogression must be affecting you in order for you to be able to file for a 3-year H-1B extension beyond the normal 6-year limit. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: