Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Dec01 not good enough

mvinays said:
Congrats saburi!! Finally, 2001 guys are starting to see some light at athe end of the tunnel.

I can't wait to see a flood of approvals from Philly BEC. They still have a long way to go to catch up with Dallas BEC. (Analysis queue at DBEC appears to be at Sept 2003.)

Dallas is currently approving Aug-2003 and the analysis queue has reached Sept-03. We have to send mails to Ms. Elaine Chao, DOL Secretary to let them know whats going on and how to correct it. The whole concept of Backlog reduction/elimination center was to process applications based on priority date. How is current processing in backlog centers any different from what it used to be when processing times varied state to state and region to region. There is no queue right now and one center is stuck and doing nothing while other center is finally approving cases the way they were supposed to, that too not is a very orderly fashion.

We must start shouting otherwise we will be left behind in other queues like I-140.

Why is Philadelphia responding to status checks requested by Dallas people and Dallas not responding to status checks requested by Philadelphia people. Why is Philadelphia not processing cases and is seemingly very efficient at giving case status to everyone. I dont get it.

saburi said:
I got my Labor Approved on 29th Sep 2005

NY Dec 6th 2001
RIR
Recd 45 day letter on 8th sep 2005.

best regards

guys, this is a good sign in my opinion ! I believe Dec/2001 cases never reached regional, so this would be one of the first approvals from NY for cases that never reached regional ... and if it took 20 days from the letter to the approval, maybe they're gonna do "quick" approvals, without further ado ...

I was (still am) concerned that they would do a more thorough review of state cases, but apparently that's not gonna be the case, which is good news.

Let's hope we see more cases popping up to set a trend.

BEC Update

Called hotline and got this.
1- We are still working with 2001 cases
2- There was serious software problem/ glitch, delaying proccessing time.
3- Dallas reached 2003 because, they have more proccessing staff.

orissa said:

They have been serving us the same speech for a few months now ...

orissa said:

Two centers with the same software ... one has problems/glitches ... the other one running fine ?!?! come on guys most of you are IT people ... don't tell me you believe in this trick ...

orissa said:

Both centers are staffed identically or so says the DOL ...

orissa said:

1- We know that.
2- All software glitches seem to be affecting only Philadelphia center. Dallas is running the perfect software which does not have any bugs. Finally there is software out there without any bugs and Dallas has it :)
3) Both centers were supposed to be staffed by around 100 contractors each. Dunno where this came from.

please update your status ?

msg for these folks:

zgubi 27-Nov-01
gandrakota 23-Nov-01
highope 17-Nov-01
Cheeka 15-Nov-01
ariesny1 14-Nov-01
nashgreat 14-Nov-01
ahalem 13-Nov-01
ny2001 13-Nov-01
waitingtoo 01-Nov-01
waitlisted 25-Oct-01
Rajel 21-Oct-01
gz71 19-Oct-01
Labor Oct 2001 26-Oct-01
juntha 11-May-01
epidural 30-Apr-01
SINCE2001 22-Apr-01
Manny2001 17-Apr-01

these are very early cases from NY/NJ/SC ... if you read this, can u check your status and post any updates ?!

there are several approvals from Oct and Dec/2001, so maybe FIFO is finally kicking in... please update if you're certified already, tks !

JustWatching, you too, any news ?! you're from Nov/2001, right ?

That's it

orissa said:
Probably by the time PBEC approves our LC's, some of us will go Mad.

Curse

Caliber said:
Probably by the time PBEC approves our LC's, some of us will go Mad.

At least in India, they change their excuse.

As of now I want curse so bad these f** Phila BEC management and stuffs and I wish it so hard that it comes true more than a million dollar lottery.

I curse them everyday. The most common one is

I wish they suffer the same pain and more than they are making us suffer every minute and I wish these bustards don't find any help around like we are so helpless today.

Got My Case Status today from DFLC

Guys,

I am gonna apply for 7th year extension. my attorney's applied for the Case status and got the reply immediately.

Just one Question : I think the T-number is random and can anyone tell me what that T means.. Thanks..

This is the text , thought it would be useful for some one looking for it.

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing to you on behalf of our client, Company Name who filed a Reduction in Recruitment with the NJ State Workforce Agency on behalf of their employee, Mr. InQuestion on 04/23/2003. His SWA case number is 20030425****.

In order to file this alien's 7th year extension, we ask that your office provide us with written confirmation stating that the application was filed on 04/23/2003 and is still pending.

---------------------------------------
NJ - RIR - EB2
PD:04/25/2003
45 Day Letter - Not Yet
Case Number - T-05144-3****

Response for labor status request

Send email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and got the below reply.

Please note that this email address is to be used to request information for the purpose of indicating to USCIS that a permanent certification case is pending for those aliens who have H1B visas due to expire and require extension. Because of the volume of cases being processed at the Philadelphia Backlog Center, case status information can not be provided for other cases. Also note that replies to this message will not be acknowledged.

I got the same response!!!

I got the same response. I read sometime ago in this forum that BECs might keep track of the emails that we send. I did not send email requesting proof of Labor filing for H1 extension. Instead, I sent email requesting status by providing my case number.

Is it ok to request proof for H1 7th year extension again or just wait until I hear from my attorney if he ever receives any communication from BEC?

Please advice.

NJGCMar03

gcMay2002 said:
Send email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and got the below reply.

Please note that this email address is to be used to request information for the purpose of indicating to USCIS that a permanent certification case is pending for those aliens who have H1B visas due to expire and require extension. Because of the volume of cases being processed at the Philadelphia Backlog Center, case status information can not be provided for other cases. Also note that replies to this message will not be acknowledged.

Why's Nov visa bulletin delayed?

Folks,
Visa bulletin is usually out before 12th of the month. Today is 17th and I still don't see the bulletin. Hopefully there is some positive change coming up..... I guess we'll know soon. Do any of you have updates from consulate websites around the globe? Thanks...

NJGCMar03 said:
I got the same response. I read sometime ago in this forum that BECs might keep track of the emails that we send. I did not send email requesting proof of Labor filing for H1 extension. Instead, I sent email requesting status by providing my case number.

Is it ok to request proof for H1 7th year extension again or just wait until I hear from my attorney if he ever receives any communication from BEC?

Please advice.

NJGCMar03

You have to say that you need proof for 7th year extension. If you just say "need status", they'll give you that standard "get lost" reply.

sk0902 said:
At least in India, they change their excuse.

As of now I want curse so bad these f** Phila BEC management and stuffs and I wish it so hard that it comes true more than a million dollar lottery.

I curse them everyday. The most common one is

I wish they suffer the same pain and more than they are making us suffer every minute and I wish these bustards don't find any help around like we are so helpless today.

About 3,40,000 people/families share your sentiment. You are not alone.

My LC got approved...

SFO DOL EB3-RIR
PD=May 2 ' 2002
RD= May 9' 2003
BPC - Phil - 45 day notice Feb 03' 2005
BPC -Phil - 45 day reply Mar 18' 2005
ETA Case# P-04309-34xxx

Approved on September 20th.
Notice Mailed on October 06.

Now for the long wait in 485 :rolleyes:
:) :cool:

There have been many decent amount of approvals for PD May 2002 and earlier, from Philly. I find it somewhat inaccurate that they are still processing 2001. Well they might be processing 2001, but they are definitely processing 2002 cases as well. Just today I saw one case from california (may 2002) appoved (see philly approval forum).

orissa said:

If not to organize awareness effort, how about a meeting to bash and curse PBEC and Elaine Chow (intially I misspelled the last letter :, wow it rhymes Elaine Cho.. ). I am sure everybody has something to say.

Congrates butthead

butthead said:
SFO DOL EB3-RIR
PD=May 2 ' 2002
RD= May 9' 2003
ETA Case# P-04309-34xxx

Congrates butthead. I am also from CA but my PD is 5/17/02. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congratulations Butthead! That's awesome news...at least they have opened up the California cases.

butthead said:
SFO DOL EB3-RIR
PD=May 2 ' 2002
RD= May 9' 2003
ETA Case# P-04309-34xxx