Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Send letters

Friends,

Only way to get out of this PBEC mess is to send letters:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the sample letter:

RE: REQUEST FOR CONGRESSIONAL INQUIRY INTO PERMANENT LABOR CERTIFICATION APPLICATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write to you for help with the Permanent Labor Certification Application process with the Department of Labor (DOL). After years, most of us are waiting for adjudication without access to any information about our case. My attempts to gather any insight into a potential resolution have repeatedly run into a wall of red tape. With the reorganization of the DOL into the newly created Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) this lack of transparency has become worse. On repeated occasions I have contacted DOL and have not received a satisfactory response to my inquiries. As you can imagine, this never ending wait puts my life and my family’s life on hold.

The final stake in the heart seems to be recent phenomenon highlighting that all of us stuck in the Philadelphia BEC are the unluckiest of the lot. It is ironical that we must provide excellent service to our customers while receiving such services from our service providers without any recourse available to us.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and my spouses working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

I will be very grateful for your help in this matter and would appreciate it if I could get fair and timely adjudication in this process but in the absence of this at least get an answer about the status and expected timing for adjudication of my case from the DOL.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,

Your Name
Your Address

-----------------------------------------------------------

CC:

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Emily Stover DeRocco
Assistant Secretary
Employment and Training Agency
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Gordon S. Heddell, Inspector General
George J. Opfer, Deputy Inspector General
Office of Inspector General
Room S-5502
Washington, DC 20210

OIG Hotline: Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Room S-5506
Washington, DC 20210
Telephone: (202) 693-6999 or 1-800-347-3756

US department of labor.
ETA
1 Belmont AVE, suite 200
Bala cynwya, PA 19004

Judicial Watch, Inc.
P.O. Box 44444
Washington, D.C. 20026

Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship Committee
Members, Staff and Contact Information
139 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Senator Leahy
433 Russell Senate Office Bldg
(at Constitution and Delaware)
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4242

Senator Hatch
104 Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-5251
Fax: (202) 224-6331

Senator Dianne Feinstein
United States Senate
One Post Street, Suite 2450
San Francisco, CA 94104
Or call (415) 393-0707
Fax (415) 393-0710

Sen. Chuck Grassley
135 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-1501

------------------------------------------

Good Luck to all.

You can see approvals even with PD of Aug 2003 if you check the dallas thread where else in here you don't see any approvals at all.
Does anybody here have any inside info about the PBEC?
What are they doing at this moment?
And what is their plan?
Do they have any intention of approving cases?
Its seems like we will have to wait forever to get our LC cleares and by the time we will have our LC all the visa numbers will be unavailable.
Good luck.

gcco said:
Ok.. If you know for sure 100% that your present employer will not withdraw your pending LC, then go ahead & transfer your H1 to another co.. But if you are unsure even 1%.. do not transfer now.. It is very risky & if your present employer withdraws (which is normally what ex-employers do!!), you will not be able to extend your H1 in May 2006.

Another suggestion would be to hold on in your present co for a mth or so. (about 6 mths prior to May 2006) and then do a extension on H1b. Do it in premium.. You will get extended till May 2007. Immediately, do a H1 transfer to another co in premium too. With approval, join new co.. and start LC thru PERM immediately.. If you file LC before May 2006, you need not worry about extending further as you would meet the 365 days rule..

Even better would be if the current trends contimue in PERM LC approvals and I140 approval... you would clear your I140 even before May 2007 and would be eligible for 3 years extensions..

Hope this helps.. Think calmly and take a decision that is good you..

gcco
gcco,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, really appreciate it. It's very difficult to explain such situations and possibilities to some companies, but I will try my best. I hope somebody will listen and consider my position.

Once again thanks others for all their feedbacks.

mekha said:
You can see approvals even with PD of Aug 2003 if you check the dallas thread where else in here you don't see any approvals at all.
Does anybody here have any inside info about the PBEC?
What are they doing at this moment?
And what is their plan?
Do they have any intention of approving cases?
Its seems like we will have to wait forever to get our LC cleares and by the time we will have our LC all the visa numbers will be unavailable.
Good luck.

The only way as of now is to send letters to raise our concerns.

Join and support the group by sending letters.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims/

Good Luck.

Something wrong with ETA Case #?

Hi, all:

Just got the screenshot for H-1 7 year extension. Something wield here, my case # is T-05213-xxxxx instead of P-xxxxx-xxxxx; there's nothing about case status. I am not saying the case status is blank or something. What I am trying to say is that there's no any case status column in the screenshot at all. What they gave is ETA case #, Alien Name, Company Name, Case Type, Priority Date, Processing Center. Thanks, guys!

Good luck to all.

cnool

Has anyone checked Status recently

cnool said:
Hi, all:

Just got the screenshot for H-1 7 year extension. Something wield here, my case # is T-05213-xxxxx instead of P-xxxxx-xxxxx; there's nothing about case status. I am not saying the case status is blank or something. What I am trying to say is that there's no any case status column in the screenshot at all. What they gave is ETA case #, Alien Name, Company Name, Case Type, Priority Date, Processing Center. Thanks, guys!

Hi Cnool

Even I sent a mail for Status Check. No reply so far ( more than 1 Hour). Normally I used to get reply back in 10-15 Minutes.

Has any one checked Status with 7th Year Ext Proff e-mail today or yesterday

Email responses

I think , if you mail from gmail , hotmail etc they ignore your request. pnly if you mail through work, they respond. Thats my observation. HAs anyone had simillar experience ?

saknia said:
cnool said:
Hi, all:

Hi Cnool

Even I sent a mail for Status Check. No reply so far ( more than 1 Hour). Normally I used to get reply back in 10-15 Minutes.

Has any one checked Status with 7th Year Ext Proff e-mail today or yesterday

HI

I got reply back now. But Case Status field is missing. It has happened to people before. But I cannot check again. Hope they are processing Cases seriously now

VA- Made to Regional
APR 2002 RIR
45 Days Recd & replied in March 05

happend to me when i tried through Gmail, but got finally from work id.

njhorrors said:
I think , if you mail from gmail , hotmail etc they ignore your request. pnly if you mail through work, they respond. Thats my observation. HAs anyone had simillar experience ?

I have got a response from my Yahoo acct. As long as you are requesting for 7th year extension it should not be a problem.

njhorrors said:

cnool said:
Hi, all:

Good luck to all.

cnool

There is nothing wierd here unless your case number was Pxxxx-xxx-xxx. I just got my status today after waiting for about 2 hours. It is almost identical to the one that I got two months ago except for the missing "Status" field

Where is Philadelphia BEC tracker?

Hi. I just joined this forum, so hello everyone! This is kind of a dumb question, so please excuse me for asking it: Where is the Philadelphia BEC tracker, please?! I have seen posts about updating it, and I have an old version from May bookmarked (I came across it when searching Google), but I can't seem to figure out where the up-to-date version is.

Just so you know a little bit about me, I put my application in (RIR) in Sept 2004 in Georgia. It never made it out of the SWA to the regional DOL. I still haven't received a 45-day letter or heard anything whatsoever. For all I know, they could have used my application to prop up a desk and it may still be on a floor somewhere gathering dust ;-) I've noticed (in the May tracker) that people from nearby states applied after me, their cases made it to the regional DOL in Atlanta, and they got 45-day letters months ago. It seems to me that the whole first come first served thing isn't happening, at least not consistently. Like everyone else here, I'm pretty frustrated! This seems like a great forum, though (I've been lurking!) and I'm glad to have the chance to get to know others in the same situation.

Deb

immigration relief efforts might be the reason !!

GCInThisLife said:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2712.html

The dates haven't moved.. but it says in Section D for employment visas "Information will be listed on Friday". Not sure which friday as the bulletin is dated 11th Oct (bottom of the page)

I had followed this link posted by a fellow forum member.

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9a...2ed1d2a76a6f627d852570930074ed00?OpenDocument

Check out the above link. It talks of some relief programs including letting people file for 140 and 485 (for a fee) even when priority dates are non current to have the advantage of EAD and advance parole, though the 485 will only be processed when dates are current. Also not counting family members towards the overall quota. The so-called relief provisions are to be formally addressed on 20th oct which is thursday.
Just wonder are they talking about the friday after the Oct 20th, to reflect the relief provisions.
I think, it will be a real relief if they implement the language set out in the link provided.

I am just trying to be positive and trying to connect the Section D "statement" here....

Works on yahoo

GC_from_NJ said:
I have got a response from my Yahoo acct. As long as you are requesting for 7th year extension it should not be a problem.

I tried today using yahoo & it worked just like before.. The only diff was there was no case status..

PBEC is not serving as FCFS basis

deb2611 said:
Hi. I just joined this forum, so hello everyone! This is kind of a dumb question, so please excuse me for asking it: Where is the Philadelphia BEC tracker, please?! I have seen posts about updating it, and I have an old version from May bookmarked (I came across it when searching Google), but I can't seem to figure out where the up-to-date version is.

Just so you know a little bit about me, I put my application in (RIR) in Sept 2004 in Georgia. It never made it out of the SWA to the regional DOL. I still haven't received a 45-day letter or heard anything whatsoever. For all I know, they could have used my application to prop up a desk and it may still be on a floor somewhere gathering dust ;-) I've noticed (in the May tracker) that people from nearby states applied after me, their cases made it to the regional DOL in Atlanta, and they got 45-day letters months ago. It seems to me that the whole first come first served thing isn't happening, at least not consistently. Like everyone else here, I'm pretty frustrated! This seems like a great forum, though (I've been lurking!) and I'm glad to have the chance to get to know others in the same situation.

Deb

Some of my co-worker got their 45 days letters.Thier priority date is from 2003 to 2004. Mine is August 4th 2003. I haven't recieved anything yet.Hope this info help.
Deb don't get frustrated. You are new in this world compare to others. There arre people watting for LC for 7 years. We all are in same boat.

deb2611 said:

Deb

Hi Deb, welcome aboard, you're in for the most frustrating ride of your life !

the tracker is up one level, it's called BEC Priority Tracker, it's for both Dallas and Philly.

now, I don't wanna discourage you ... but if you're from late 2004, you can pretty much forget about it for at least 1 or 2 years ... there are more than 200,000 cases ahead of you.

If your occupation requires Masters degree (EB2), then your lawyer should have waited and filed PERM in 2005 ... if your company is willing to do (and pay for) the work, I'd say it's still worth filing PERM now than waiting several years for the PBEC, especially if you're not from the retro countries (India, China, etc).

Just my 2.5 cents. Enjoy !

Re: Where is Philadelphia BEC tracker?

nohope_for_lc said:
Some of my co-worker got their 45 days letters.Thier priority date is from 2003 to 2004. Mine is August 4th 2003. I haven't recieved anything yet.Hope this info help.
Deb don't get frustrated. You are new in this world compare to others. There arre people watting for LC for 7 years. We all are in same boat.

Hey there. Thanks for the info. Yes, I know I am indeed new to all this, in terms of how long I've been waiting since I filed. I can't believe how long some people have been waiting, e.g. in California. However, I did spend 7 years waiting for my employers to finally be able to post the job ad and do the RIR thing, so I've been in my own little hell, albeit not one I can blame on the DOL ;-) It just blows my mind they can get away with not sending any acknowledgement of even receiving an application.

Does anyone else know the URL for the tracker, or is the May 2005 version the latest?

thanks again,
Deb