Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

my advice to others

There is no doubt in my mind as some others have already mentioned that US residency process is inferior to canada/australia etc. my advice to those who are stressed out is ..dont make huge investements in immovable property (big fancy cars/houses) ,,,but be mobile ready to move out (rather than risk being illegal/out of status when the time comes ...cheers

StressTestInUSA said:
Lawsuits etc is like fighting with a monster...no one has that kind of time and energy. we shud go in a requesting way. Obvioulsy, DOL or wanting immigrants into the country will be their last priority.

Lets be honest, if this was the case in our country..we wouldn't have even given a thought of an immigrant making himself space into the country :) We will be saying ..so what if you paid taxes..they are being used for the roads, your kids are going to school etc... We were the ones who chose to come to this country
I dont agree to some of the things you are saying. First of all I don't disagree with Federal, State, and Local taxes that are used for purposes you mentioned above. But what about Social Security, and Medicare? Do I get these benefits if I don't get a GC?
Most of the people think that a ruling in a lawsuit against a government agency will not be in our favor. I know a case where judge instructed USCIS to come up the status of a case in a week.
We are not asking for any special privileges. All we are saying is give us a damn status of our application in a professional manner. Why do we have to play the game of sending H1-B 7th year extension emails and keep our fingers crossed. How can USICS give status of applications even they handle many more than DOL? DOL by keeping an application for 4 years is promoting bonded labor. A victim can't change jobs, can't get promoted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still with Case Status?

atyagi73 said:
As of today , case status = RIR , same as what it was on 8/18 :(

Still with Case Status? My inquery ended up with a return with the Case Status empty last time.

sb41 said:
I dont agree to some of the things you are saying. First of all I don't disagree with Federal, State, and Local taxes that are used for purposes you mentioned above. But what about Social Security, and Medicare? Do I get these benefits if I don't get a GC?
Most of the people think that a ruling in a lawsuit against a government agency will not be in our favor. I know a case where judge instructed USCIS to come up the status of a case in a week.
We are not asking for any special privileges. All we are saying is give us a damn status of our application in a professional manner. Why do we have to play the game of sending H1-B 7th year extension emails and keep our fingers crossed. How can USICS give status of applications even they handle many more than DOL? DOL by keeping an application for 4 years is promoting bonded labor. A victim can't change jobs, can't get promoted.
Well, as has been mentioned before, applying permanent residency is a privilege not a right for all aliens. It does not mean you cannot sue the government. Some years ago, when a foreign engineer at New York state transprotation department sued INS for denying his NIW case, INS stop processing all cases and after the judge ruled in favor of INS, INS deny almost all the pending NIW cases. For a long time, there was almost no chance to succeed filing NIW unless you were working on HIV, AIDS, breast cancer, prostate cancer, or dog flu. If DOL want to deny your case, they can definitely find a reason to do so.

Question for Gurus

I filed RIR/EB3/VA/July 2002 as I did not have MS degree or 5 yrs experience back then. Now I have finished MS and can apply for EB2 via PERM. I heard that you cannot use the experience or degree earned while working for the same employer who is sponsering you. If that is right, does that mean, I can't file for PERM EB2 from the same employer but for a different position?

For pennwaiting

pennwaiting said:
Well, as has been mentioned before, applying permanent residency is a privilege not a right for all aliens. It does not mean you cannot sue the government. Some years ago, when a foreign engineer at New York state transprotation department sued INS for denying his NIW case, INS stop processing all cases and after the judge ruled in favor of INS, INS deny almost all the pending NIW cases. For a long time, there was almost no chance to succeed filing NIW unless you were working on HIV, AIDS, breast cancer, prostate cancer, or dog flu. If DOL want to deny your case, they can definitely find a reason to do so.

Nobody is saying to go against DOL decision. All we want is them to process cases and not keeping applications pending for years, as because they are delaying things for ever, and that is making us nothing more than bonded labor with white collars. "Skilled bonded labor" - I guess!!

Talking with DOL

Hi Guys
I know everybody is in deep frustration, me too, sueing DOL is not the answer to our frustration , the fact of the matter is , its useless, I agree with some of the people in the forum that its like fighting with monster. What we can do is to create a delegation of people (Victims) ,the people who have really good understanding of what is going on and people who can talk well, should go to the DOL office and talk to the DOL secretery and humbly request her to do something about it. Its enough now, how long we gonna sit on this forum and blasting at each other and pouring our frustration out. Lets do some practicle work. I suggest delegation from the people who are in DC, VA and MD area.

What do you all think

TOT-BATOT

Last edited by a moderator:
smallriver said:
Still with Case Status? My inquery ended up with a return with the Case Status empty last time.
smallriver ,

when did you get the blank status? what is your PD?

I have a doubt that they are sending 'Blank' status if your case is certified.

Please share your PD!

vsaxena said:
smallriver ,

Please share your PD!

PD: Oct/2001 from MD. RIR. EB2

Another question is how can DOL logically evaluate an application that was filed in 2001. Economic conditions have long since changed. The beneficiary has 4 more years of work experience in the same job. This process is a logical crap.
I also think BEC is one of those Federal government's "No Compete Contracts". Give it your buddies who take you to golf trips in Scotland.

My Confusion

Hi, Guys,

I got so confused after reading what people say on this forum. Could anybody tell me which PD I should use to file i485 after LC is approved?

[1] PD when filing LC
[2] PD when LC is approved
[3] PD when filing i140
[4] PD when i140 approved

Thanks..

su5su said:
Please check this website to find the breaking news about this new, yet non-offical rule. And the following is a copy from that website: http://www.immigration-law.com/

09/20/2005: Rule of Priority Date Retention and Rule of Transfer of I-485 Application to Another Petition

It appears that there are confusions in the immigration community between the rule of retention of priority date and the rule of transfer of I-485 application to a later approved second I-140 petition. This reporter thus has decided to report this important issue in this page rather than in Visa Retrogression Q&A page.
Rule of Priority Date Retention: This rule is provided in Section 204.5(d) of the immigration regulation as follows: A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date. Under this rule, when an alien has a multiple approved petitions with the same employer or different employers, the alien can use the earliest priority date in filing I-485 application assuming that the earliest priority date is "current" for him/her. For instance, assume that a labor certification based I-140 was approved in May 1999 for EB-3 but because of the retrogression, he/she was unable to file I-485 application. Assume also that same or different employer filed another L/C and petition of EB-2 for him/her which has also been approved in September 2005. In October, EB-2 will also be retrogressed and the EB-2 visa number will not be available to him/her if he/she is an Indian or Chinese because of the low priority date of the second EB-2 I-140 petition approval. However, under the rule of priority date retention, he/she can file I-485 in October 2005 using approved EB-2 petition using the priority date of May 1999, provided that the 1999 EB-3 petition has been not revoked. This cross-transfer of the priority date is available only among EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. As will be explained later, this priority date transfer is not allowed between EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 and EB-4 or EB-5, or Family Based Immigrant Petitions.
Rule of Transfer of Pending I-485 Application to Second Approved Petition: This rule is clarified in so-called Pearson Memorandum in 2000, which basically stated that pending I-485 can be transferred to the second approved petition, no matter what kind of petition the second petition is. Assume that he/she filed EB-3 I-140 petition and I-485 was filed in 2004 before the visa number retrogressed and pending. Assume also that another immigrant petition of whatever nature, including EB-1, EB-2, or EB-4, EB-5, Family-Based petitions, is later filed and approved. In such case, he/she does not have to refile I-485 application to use the second approved petition, provided that the first petition was not revoked and the visa number is current for the second petition. In this transfer of I-485, priority date may or may not be transferred depending upon the nature of the two petitions. If the two petitions are in EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3, the priority date will also be transferred. If the two petitions include EB-1/EB-2/EB-3 and Family Petition or EB-4 or EB-5, the priority date cannot be transferred between these two petitions, even though the pending I-485 application can be transferred between these two petitions. Simply put, "transfer of I-485 between two petitions" means he/she does not have to refile I-485 application to use second petition, while the rule of priority date retention defines the transfer of the priority date among EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3.
:)

Help please - H4 extension

I am qulified to extend my 7th H1B because I applied the labor four years ago. Question is my dependent needs to extend H4 too, but from some forum, it said H4 could not be extended on this situation (depending on my 7th year H1B based on more than one year labor pending). Is that true?

I know H4 could extended with H1B within 6 year.

tot-batot said:
Hi Guys
I know everybody is in deep frustration, me too, sueing DOL is not the answer to our frustration , the fact of the matter is , its useless, I agree with some of the people in the forum that its like fighting with monster. What we can do is to create a delegation of people (Victims) ,the people who have really good understanding of what is going on and people who can talk well, should go to the DOL office and talk to the DOL secretery and humbly request her to do something about it. Its enough now, how long we gonna sit on this forum and blasting at each other and pouring our frustration out. Lets do some practicle work. I suggest delegation from the people who are in DC, VA and MD area.

What do you all think

TOT-BATOT

Very true...venting out in this forum with all the stress we already have at work, its like a another day at the battle field more than going to work each single day.

1. We need someone who can frame a good letter(we need to know atleast the estimate/time frame of when our cases will be opened. Dallas BC are already in 2003 cases, we are still in 2001, we absolutely have no idea with our cases even if they are with you for the past 4yrs..)

2. Whom it shud be addressed to

3. Email or speak by phone or meet personally( we need to see which is the best)

Atleast lets start off like this ...we need to start somewhere. Otherwise days are just rolling by hoping to see some approvals/45 day-crap which are not even in an order.... This whole damn thing is just draining us out in all-ways...

So...PLEASE every one visiting this forum give a deep thought to it so atleast we can feel we are doing something from our end rather than asking why lady-luck is not smiling at us ..!!

USCISisMockery was since long time stressing about this..but somehow no one seems to take interest....

One of the most effective ways to reach DOL (or any appropriate authority) is involvong the media. If anyone knows anybody from any newspapers/ magazines or any form of media, we should put forward as to what is happening in the BECs Or at least the fact how PBEC sucks Or the fact that it is better to be illegal in this country than legal.

The attorneys will not help us out. They are earning big time for every H1B extension, every PERM filing etc

Talk with DOL

DK
Media dont care what ever is happening to us. We are not the big news to anybody except our ownself. We have to do something by ourselves, lets not depend on others.

TOT-BATOT

vsaxena said:
smallriver ,

Please share your PD!

Exactly what i am thinking, so if your pd is around mar-june 2002 and status shows blank, can think that they cases is certified...

I don't believe you can transfer labor

GCVA2002 said:
Hi all,

I need a big favor. Do any of you know a good consulting co in VA within 40 miles radius of Manassas.

You see I also work for a comsulting company in Virginia. My employer is planning to close down the company and I am in the midst of GC process . EB2
rir 2002.

I checked with my lawyer and he says that since my labor has not been approved, I can transfer my LC to a new company but it needs to be in VA

I have a long term client who will be willing to sign contract with new consulting company. Can you recommend to me your company. I do not live in VA so it is very difficult to find consulting co in VA over the net.

As I am in a time crunch, I would really appreciate your timely respond... I am sending out as many request as possible. A name, contact no. and a website is all I need.. I can call them to work out the details. Send me a PM.

thanks,
GCVA2002

H4

thedream said:
I am qulified to extend my 7th H1B because I applied the labor four years ago. Question is my dependent needs to extend H4 too, but from some forum, it said H4 could not be extended on this situation (depending on my 7th year H1B based on more than one year labor pending). Is that true?

If you get H1B extension(7th year), automatically your H4 also approved based on your H1B. Don't worry on H4.

jdk98

tot-batot said:
DK
Media dont care what ever is happening to us. We are not the big news to anybody except our ownself. We have to do something by ourselves, lets not depend on others.

TOT-BATOT

Yeah..we need to chase the media to chase them..and finally we will hear some half min show or a link on a website which will not be fruitful in anyway...We need to pinpoint to 1 official..

I guess even our desi attorney's will be of little help, making their $$ is their proirity..

I have a doubt..can we go around this task, or is there a fine-print that only the employer or the attorney has the right to ask questions.. ??

H4 is a dependent visa. It can be extended beyond 6 years based on your H1B.

I am in 8th year. I already have extended my spouse visa twice along with mine.

thedream said: