Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

gclcwait said:
Hi,
I have been a silent reader for the past 1 mth. I checked my status end of last mth & it was in final review.. Today, I checked again & disappointingly, it showed RIR. Do you know what it means.. :confused:

thanks
gclcwait

Status case back to RIR from Final Review. I couldn't believe this. Did you check other information like ETA number, case source etc. Are they matching?

I wouldn't worry much. Wait for a week and send one more email late next week.

maybe you should not check again ...

BEC may be on to you something .... coz you sent email twice ...

whatheheck said:
Status case back to RIR from Final Review. I couldn't believe this. Did you check other information like ETA number, case source etc. Are they matching?

whatheheck said:

Yes every thing is the same.. I begged my lawyer to do anything to find out what happened.. :confused: :confused: But I know it is impossible for even for lawyers to know what's happening in the black hole!!!!!!!

How difficult is it for them to process an application??? :mad: :mad:

Past experience has proved that changes in DOL or BEC is a bad thing. Every time they change structure, process, staff, management, software, contractor in the name of improving efficiency, it has caused more delays. Any little change has given them more excuses to stop working. Every little change has brought their extremely stupid system more confusion and error. At this point, a change of their coffee machine will cause more delay.

Hello,
Last week my employer called Dallas BEC and he got my file number as:
D-05243-XXXXX
Today my attorney got a letter that shows a file number as:
P2005-TX-XXXXXXXX

My question is what are those two numbers and why did I get two different one? Especially the second number format is totally new for me. Anybody else got such a number?

Thank you,

Well there you go...change in management!!
So what is next. And why only PBEC is facing all these problems?
Couple of times of SW glitches and management change and this is causing us more delyas....
That is why we are not seeing any new approvals from PBEC where else DBEC is still processing cases.
Also they are not processing any cases at this moment and are busy with data entry....all BS.
Its been more than a year that these guys are busy with data entry and still they are in the process of entering data and will be entering data for the next few years since after the temporary data entry they will have to send the stupid 45 day letter and once they got the response they to have to enter the data completely and then and only then they will be ready for adjudicating the cases.
So long long way to go.
I wish this BRC never happened and I am pretty sure that by this time I would have got my labor approved.
Best of luck folks.

tot-batot,

please send us some inside updates,if you can. That's really helpful in these times when we are left in dark about our cases.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks.

tot-batot said:
I know man , its frustrating , very frustrating, I dont know what to say any more here, as far as somebody ask what is the partial entry , it is when the DOL people only enter the VIctim's PD, Victim's Name and company name. no other information , at this stage the victim is assigned a Case Number starting with T (Temporary) which later on converts to P (permanent) once the 45 days stupid letter is issued.

By the Way ....any body got any 45 days letter with the priority date in november 2003.
Oh and also I want to Define what is FIFO mean in DOL PBEC, FIFO is applied to the sequence of boxes that PBEC is getting from the state and regioanl offices and not the PD of the cases, this is what I get when I talekd to somebody inside.

we need to act

Spoke to someone in PBEC...they have no answer for any question...All she says is I understand your problem, our goal is to finish up by 2 yrs and about my 2003 case: says it is 'pretty new', they are doing still 2001 cases, maybe mine wud be in 3 months or 6 months and if we get a 45 day letter we are somewhere closeby for the 'moksha'

We still see people with 45 day letters in Feb'05 still looking out for an answer...

Is this damn problem only with Philly center and not with Dallas center..? In this case we shud draft an 'impactful' letter and fax or speak with some higher officials,Otherwise we are just passing by precious days..lurking in the dark

whatheheck said:
Information that i got from my source indicated that PBEC has stopped certifying cases temporarily for the past few weeks. Thats why people whose case status is "RIR" or "Final Review" haven't seen status change since last month. My source also indicated that these assholes are busy with data entry. No information about resuming the certification process once again. :mad:
It is crazy. so many excuses. Why don't they pack everything and go home for fear of hurricance Rita??? They are just going to sleep through X'mas, I guess.

The purpose of the separate filing of LCA is to keep both alive

Speed of Sound said:
If you are applying through PERM it is imperative that your new perm job should be exaclt same or close to your original EB3 application. Otherwise you cannot reuse the PD. I would consult an attorney.

You are absolutely right, ONLY if you want to withdraw your old case in order to keep the old priority date. My point is about a new, separate filing under PERM. The advantage of this is:1) it has nothing to do with your old case, so you keep both case alive ( remember on Aug. 25, 2005, DOL just took back the new rule posted on Aug. 8, 2005, which is about opposing 2 labors for one person in the same company. Thus, 2 applications of LCA is allowed before the new regulation comes out.) It's more stable if you can walk with 2 legs, right? 2) this BEC is doing everything slowly, which is painful for us, especially when the economy is not stable and company is not stable. If it's going to take 1~2 years to get your labor through, why not file PERM get a quick labor and file I-140? The visa # retrogression is not going to be forever, maybe when you file your I-485 when the visa que is current, those people (like us) are still stuck in labor w/o I-140 filed.

The link and the copy of the new rule from the link

hopelessNJ said:
Where did u get this information? My understanding was that u cannot get EAD until u file for I-485? Is it a new rule? does it apply only for PERM?
If yes, can u post the link?

Please check this website to find the breaking news about this new, yet non-offical rule. And the following is a copy from that website: http://www.immigration-law.com/

09/20/2005: Rule of Priority Date Retention and Rule of Transfer of I-485 Application to Another Petition

It appears that there are confusions in the immigration community between the rule of retention of priority date and the rule of transfer of I-485 application to a later approved second I-140 petition. This reporter thus has decided to report this important issue in this page rather than in Visa Retrogression Q&A page.
Rule of Priority Date Retention: This rule is provided in Section 204.5(d) of the immigration regulation as follows: A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date. Under this rule, when an alien has a multiple approved petitions with the same employer or different employers, the alien can use the earliest priority date in filing I-485 application assuming that the earliest priority date is "current" for him/her. For instance, assume that a labor certification based I-140 was approved in May 1999 for EB-3 but because of the retrogression, he/she was unable to file I-485 application. Assume also that same or different employer filed another L/C and petition of EB-2 for him/her which has also been approved in September 2005. In October, EB-2 will also be retrogressed and the EB-2 visa number will not be available to him/her if he/she is an Indian or Chinese because of the low priority date of the second EB-2 I-140 petition approval. However, under the rule of priority date retention, he/she can file I-485 in October 2005 using approved EB-2 petition using the priority date of May 1999, provided that the 1999 EB-3 petition has been not revoked. This cross-transfer of the priority date is available only among EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. As will be explained later, this priority date transfer is not allowed between EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 and EB-4 or EB-5, or Family Based Immigrant Petitions.
Rule of Transfer of Pending I-485 Application to Second Approved Petition: This rule is clarified in so-called Pearson Memorandum in 2000, which basically stated that pending I-485 can be transferred to the second approved petition, no matter what kind of petition the second petition is. Assume that he/she filed EB-3 I-140 petition and I-485 was filed in 2004 before the visa number retrogressed and pending. Assume also that another immigrant petition of whatever nature, including EB-1, EB-2, or EB-4, EB-5, Family-Based petitions, is later filed and approved. In such case, he/she does not have to refile I-485 application to use the second approved petition, provided that the first petition was not revoked and the visa number is current for the second petition. In this transfer of I-485, priority date may or may not be transferred depending upon the nature of the two petitions. If the two petitions are in EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3, the priority date will also be transferred. If the two petitions include EB-1/EB-2/EB-3 and Family Petition or EB-4 or EB-5, the priority date cannot be transferred between these two petitions, even though the pending I-485 application can be transferred between these two petitions. Simply put, "transfer of I-485 between two petitions" means he/she does not have to refile I-485 application to use second petition, while the rule of priority date retention defines the transfer of the priority date among EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3.

triniti said:
I heard PBEC started to send RUSA (R U Still Alive) Letters. Did anyone get one of those?

Thats funny, I see lot optimistic souls also loosing patience. Yesterday I was looking at Australian immigration system and wow I am so impressed by their logical approach. Even canadian system is inferior to them. Should I compare it with USCIS ? To whom I should compare BEC ? PWD or SBI of India functions better than BEC. I am sure DOL is just taking advantage of the situation.

Owner of the applications (employers) doesn't care, beneficiary has no rights, upper management (DOL head) wants to ration labor approval, lawyers are geting extention fees, US citizen are happy (less immigrants). I bet, if there was no option for 6th year extension, employers and lawyers would have pressurized BEC.

su5su said:
Please check this website to find the breaking news about this new, yet non-offical rule. And the following is a copy from that website: http://www.immigration-law.com/

09/20/2005: Rule of Priority Date Retention and Rule of Transfer of I-485 Application to Another Petition

It appears that there are confusions in the immigration community between the rule of retention of priority date and the rule of transfer of I-485 application to a later approved second I-140 petition. This reporter thus has decided to report this important issue in this page rather than in Visa Retrogression Q&A page.
Rule of Priority Date Retention: This rule is provided in Section 204.5(d) of the immigration regulation as follows: A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date. Under this rule, when an alien has a multiple approved petitions with the same employer or different employers, the alien can use the earliest priority date in filing I-485 application assuming that the earliest priority date is "current" for him/her. For instance, assume that a labor certification based I-140 was approved in May 1999 for EB-3 but because of the retrogression, he/she was unable to file I-485 application. Assume also that same or different employer filed another L/C and petition of EB-2 for him/her which has also been approved in September 2005. In October, EB-2 will also be retrogressed and the EB-2 visa number will not be available to him/her if he/she is an Indian or Chinese because of the low priority date of the second EB-2 I-140 petition approval. However, under the rule of priority date retention, he/she can file I-485 in October 2005 using approved EB-2 petition using the priority date of May 1999, provided that the 1999 EB-3 petition has been not revoked. This cross-transfer of the priority date is available only among EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. As will be explained later, this priority date transfer is not allowed between EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 and EB-4 or EB-5, or Family Based Immigrant Petitions.
Rule of Transfer of Pending I-485 Application to Second Approved Petition: This rule is clarified in so-called Pearson Memorandum in 2000, which basically stated that pending I-485 can be transferred to the second approved petition, no matter what kind of petition the second petition is. Assume that he/she filed EB-3 I-140 petition and I-485 was filed in 2004 before the visa number retrogressed and pending. Assume also that another immigrant petition of whatever nature, including EB-1, EB-2, or EB-4, EB-5, Family-Based petitions, is later filed and approved. In such case, he/she does not have to refile I-485 application to use the second approved petition, provided that the first petition was not revoked and the visa number is current for the second petition. In this transfer of I-485, priority date may or may not be transferred depending upon the nature of the two petitions. If the two petitions are in EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3, the priority date will also be transferred. If the two petitions include EB-1/EB-2/EB-3 and Family Petition or EB-4 or EB-5, the priority date cannot be transferred between these two petitions, even though the pending I-485 application can be transferred between these two petitions. Simply put, "transfer of I-485 between two petitions" means he/she does not have to refile I-485 application to use second petition, while the rule of priority date retention defines the transfer of the priority date among EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3.

Does it matter without your labor being approved ?

USCISisMockery said:
Owner of the applications (employers) doesn't care, beneficiary has no rights, upper management (DOL head) wants to ration labor approval, lawyers are geting extention fees, US citizen are happy (less immigrants). I bet, if there was no option for 6th year extension, employers and lawyers would have pressurized BEC.
That's absolutely true. And I don't think many citizens care unless they are your friends. Remember the story somewhere about a green card holder complaining too much immigration because she lost her job to an H1B holder.

USCISisMockery said:
Thats funny, I see lot optimistic souls also loosing patience. Yesterday I was looking at Australian immigration system and wow I am so impressed by their logical approach. Even canadian system is inferior to them. Should I compare it with USCIS ? To whom I should compare BEC ? PWD or SBI of India functions better than BEC. I am sure DOL is just taking advantage of the situation.

One thing I don't understand is that why no one has filed a lawsuit against PBEC. Lawsuit could be for lack of status information, lost wages and opportunity while waiting for LC.

Let DBEC look at PBEC cases!

StressTestInUSA said:
Is this damn problem only with Philly center and not with Dallas center..? In this case we shud draft an 'impactful' letter and fax or speak with some higher officials,Otherwise we are just passing by precious days..lurking in the dark

Yes, it is a problem specific to PBEC. For one or other reason PBEC is not catching up.
Why don't we ask DOL to rebalance the load and let DBEC analysts to process some
of the PBEC cases? After all, it would help DOL restore FIFO principle that it promised
when the BECs were established.

It is clear that BECs have access to cases of each other: PBEC is happily giving
out snapshots for the DBEC cases. Plus, looking at the header of the snapshots,
it looks like all cases are accessed thru www.pbls.doleta.gov, so it should not
matter which BEC is accessing a given case. It is true that CO guys have to
access physical papers, but that's only needed at final stage, not RIR/TR stage
that is currently bottleneck in PBEC.

If DOL is not cooperative with this request, then a class action lawsuit is certainly
in order. We have hundreds if not thousands of guys who are hit by retrogression
because their cases were sent to PBEC, while guys with later PDs got their approvals
from Dallas. At this point we have a lot of prominent attorneys pointing out in their websites
that PBEC is way behind DBEC. I guess the testimonials of these attorney(s) would
be a good evidence should the matter go to court.

sb41 said:
One thing I don't understand is that why no one has filed a lawsuit against PBEC. Lawsuit could be for lack of status information, lost wages and opportunity while waiting for LC.

Lawsuits etc is like fighting with a monster...no one has that kind of time and energy. we shud go in a requesting way. Obvioulsy, DOL or wanting immigrants into the country will be their last priority.

Lets be honest, if this was the case in our country..we wouldn't have even given a thought of an immigrant making himself space into the country :) We will be saying ..so what if you paid taxes..they are being used for the roads, your kids are going to school etc... We were the ones who chose to come to this country

PD march/2004 - is there any hope ??

Hi Guys,
I had 2 questions ...my case was sent to federal labor and then to BEC (I guess !!!) .my lawyer doesnt have any clue except she says it will take some time. (she even charges (half is paid by company) me for emailing her so I have stopped that.
my PD is march 2004 ..Atlanta state cleared ..sent to federal in sept 2004 ..I have not recd my 45 days notice ..any idea when I can expect any movement for my/similar cases ??

Thanks ..