Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

StressTestInUSA said:
Very true...venting out in this forum with all the stress we already have at work, its like a another day at the battle field more than going to work each single day.

1. We need someone who can frame a good letter(we need to know atleast the estimate/time frame of when our cases will be opened. Dallas BC are already in 2003 cases, we are still in 2001, we absolutely have no idea with our cases even if they are with you for the past 4yrs..)

2. Whom it shud be addressed to

3. Email or speak by phone or meet personally( we need to see which is the best)

I agree it won't hurt to write to those people, but I can tell you letters won't do much. I had a friend of mine (American, lawyer from Harvard) write a long letter to the secretary of the DOL (the Asian woman, don't remember her name).

I listed all the problems, and he wrote the letter using the concept of "I'm an American citizen concerned with immigration and waste of my tax dollars".

The DOL replied (through an assistant) with a personal letter, basically explaining their efforts to enter the data, and clear the backlog in 2 years, yada yada yada.

The explanation for the FIFO problem was that they had promised "processing using FIFO, not completion using FIFO", meaning that, for example, my application (PD 11/2002) indeed started before another from 2003, but that one could be adjudicated before mine, because of the how the cases are processed !! for example, a NOF or RFE would delay one application, while the other would continue.

That could make some sense if the delay was about 1 month, but when we see cases from 2003 being approved in Dallas while we're stuck in Philly, we realize it's total BS.

I think I'm gonna ask him to write again, now that they've supposedly completed the temporary data entry.

My main question is: if BEC now knows which applications are from 2002, 2003, etc, they could focus on processing 2001, 2002, without waiting to do full data entry for 2003, 2004 !!! it makes no sense to put everybody on hold while they do the full data entry.

bottomline: yes, let's write to them, but don't expect any procedural changes based solely on that.

This is a capitalist country and people only understand two languages - Money and Lawsuits. Since there is no lobbying, the only other push that we can give is lawsuit.
Look how quickly DOL reversed its decision on single labor certification because of lobying by AILA. AILA doesn't care about BEC and so there is no action.
Talking to Secretery Chao and writing letters to local Senators is not going to get us anywhere. When Congress can't even save their own people without worrying about money why will they care about immigrants.

thedream said:
I am qulified to extend my 7th H1B because I applied the labor four years ago. Question is my dependent needs to extend H4 too, but from some forum, it said H4 could not be extended on this situation (depending on my 7th year H1B based on more than one year labor pending). Is that true?

I know H4 could extended with H1B within 6 year.
Yes. If your family is in US, you have to get the extension for H4 also.

An Idea About Help from the Media

Not to long ago there was an article about us in The Washington Post (07/23/05). The article was reproduced in at least 2 other newspapers.
The author's name is Mitra Kalita. Maybe the person can help us this time.

ArgenBas said:
Not to long ago there was an article about us in The Washington Post (07/23/05). The article was reproduced in at least 2 other newspapers.
The author's name is Mitra Kalita. Maybe the person can help us this time.
She has already written about BEC horror stories. So did anything change? NO!
We can check with her but I doubt that she will again write about it this soon.
Why can't we bring charges against BEC/DOL management as a big group since we are not asking any one case to be approved. We are asking for better organization and more humane treatment at the hands of DOL.
People file lawsuit in this country to prevent an illegal alient being thrown out of the country. Why can't we file lawsuite for a legal purpose.

cantstandit said:
I think I'm gonna ask him to write again, now that they've supposedly completed the temporary data entry.

My main question is: if BEC now knows which applications are from 2002, 2003, etc, they could focus on processing 2001, 2002, without waiting to do full data entry for 2003, 2004 !!! it makes no sense to put everybody on hold while they do the full data entry.

bottomline: yes, let's write to them, but don't expect any procedural changes based solely on that.

Pleease...!! cantstandit ..!! get in touch with him...Agree it wont make any difference..but atleast we shud be heard by them..Who knows they might come up with whats happening and some updated news..Worth giving a try..

There was someone else too....howlong i guess, with any inside news ..?

Its all our fate that our files moved to Philly instead of Dallas..How come Dallas is not having any Apr 2001 cases..I am not any jealous of them, but did they pass thru those cases ..? I think NY/NJ right from the beginning had 'Saturn' looking on them

DBEC is no better

Dallas is no better my friends,
They did process some regional cases from July 2002-March 2003, but they did miss cases in between. We haven't heard of many cases prior to 2002 being approved or processed. So, I am not sure about there status.
For TR cases DBEC hasn't touched any cases, not even 45DL, no matter what ur PD is, if u r in TR u r screwed for "many more months" at DBEC.
PBEC did process some earlier TR cases, some relief to really old cases.
But overall we got into a huge mess right now.
Keep writing to senators, I sent out letters to CA senators last week, again this week.

No Use

tot-batot said:
Lets go personally with the delegation of few good men. Letters wont do much

YEAH GOOD IDEA......OHH AGAIN
I am reading this forum since it is created, lots of people thro their Idea about "how to expedite the process" and "NOTHING WORKS". By the end of day everyone forget about this, next day again thro some idea and do nothing. I think we should shut up let them take their own sweet time. Noi one can make diffesrence unless GOVT. wnat to be.
Good luck...... :)

Dallas Forgot Regional TR Cases

I agree with you Days_go-by.

Philli is better when it comes to TR regional cases.
Approval tracker for TR Regional cases at philli shows Apr 03 approvals also.

Dallas forgot about TR Regional cases.

Days_go_by said:
Dallas is no better my friends,
They did process some regional cases from July 2002-March 2003, but they did miss cases in between. We haven't heard of many cases prior to 2002 being approved or processed. So, I am not sure about there status.
For TR cases DBEC hasn't touched any cases, not even 45DL, no matter what ur PD is, if u r in TR u r screwed for "many more months" at DBEC.
PBEC did process some earlier TR cases, some relief to really old cases.
But overall we got into a huge mess right now.
Keep writing to senators, I sent out letters to CA senators last week, again this week.

tot-batot said:
I got my screenshot, I have case recieved date but no Priority date, can any body tell me whats that mean

TOT-BATOT

it happened the same to me and others in this forum (wrong PD), it was a typo during data entry. Ask your lawyer to email to them (same h1b address), requesting the PD to be corrected. They've fixed mine after that.

H1b H4 Extension

You will also need to extend the H4 specifically. Although the H4 approval seems automatic based on your H1b extension; you will have to specifically apply (form I-539) for H4 extension.

jdk98 said:
If you get H1B extension(7th year), automatically your H4 also approved based on your H1B. Don't worry on H4.

jdk98

vsaxena said:
from which BEC and when did you get the reply?

Got the reply from PBEC. Sent HI 7Year extension request couple of times. All showing Status = RIR, but the last reply showed Status = Empty.

PD: Oct/2001 from MD. RIR, EB2

sending case status letter

Can I send a letter to PBEC directly to inquire about the case status or it has to go through attorney/employer. Please suggest.

I got 45 days letter on February11,2005 and sent reply through fax on the very same day but still no response. My case was RIR March1st, 2002 from VA.

I wish I could join your excitement in getting a 45 day letter. My 45 day letter came in Feb of this year and since then, there has been no action at all on my case.

honestly,I do not think that any of the case is lost at any of these BECs,it's the deliberate slowness on PBEC, which is the point of frustration.

Sometimes I feel that I don't need to buy toilet paper,I have a 45 day letter instead :D

Anyways- I don't want to lower your excitement for getting this 45 day letter,have an extra mug of beer on my behalf...

StressTestInUSA said:
Yuhoo....!! for all the posts for we posted today... and cribbed ..atleast you know your case is alive :)

mariner555 said:
Hi Guys,
I had 2 questions ...my case was sent to federal labor and then to BEC (I guess !!!) .my lawyer doesnt have any clue except she says it will take some time. (she even charges (half is paid by company) me for emailing her so I have stopped that.
my PD is march 2004 ..Atlanta state cleared ..sent to federal in sept 2004 ..I have not recd my 45 days notice ..any idea when I can expect any movement for my/similar cases ??

Thanks ..

Just wanted you to know that my case reached Federal in August 04 ( atlanta ).Received my 45 day letter in April 05.............no newsafter that and u doubt i will get any in the near future