Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

cutie said:
hai,
i am the silent reader of this forum. i want to know that my understanding is right or not. anyway let me tell you what i understood from this eb2 and eb3 retrogression.
i think this retrogression is to make us wait till they get next year quota.
i guess they retrogress the dates to 98,99 because they may not having enough quota for this year.for example if they retrogress to 2000, there might be few people who filed at 2000, if they get their labour cleared they will file for 140 and 485, then they can't issue the work permit since they r out of quota. that's why may be they retrogress to the year which no people remains in that year.

Forgot to add -

I have no idea how they arrived at Jan 98 for EB3 Indians where as the dates for other countries / categories is more current.

Aprlc2002

Hi APRLC2002

Whats your opinion on this visa dates.

Thanks

TampaBelle said:
Forgot to add -

I have no idea how they arrived at Jan 98 for EB3 Indians where as the dates for other countries / categories is more current.

My Thougts...

Not to deviate the present topic.
I did not post for a while , instead i was just reading more.
My LC was filed in july 2001 , MD , 8th Year H1B.
I see more and people got stressed out for not getting their labour cert and now because of retrogession.

My friendly advice to them is
1. It is not our problem, why we should stress out and damage our body ?
2. I checked with my lawyer about my H1b extension and he said i can extend , no matter of number of years . So we can work , even if we did not get the LC cert or I485 visa dates (As our LC is pending for more than 1 year)
3. You can buy home , car and lead good life with this visa , so why to worry about GC.

Yes, i know we have to be with the same employer and spouse cannot work , until we get approved, Apart from it , i do not see more reason for stressing ourself , if labour certification delays or VISA dates are not available.

Please share your thoughts.

PBEC reply

Hi

I have sent information to PBEC to get 7th year extension, I got following reply

ETA Case Number: - T-0****
Processing Type: - RIR
Employer Name: My Employer Name
Priority Date: 28 Mar 2005
Case Source: State
Processing Center: Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

My question is
What should i think, is everything is fine and just wait
What does "T" means in the case number?
Why my case from NJ was sent to Dallas BEC instead of Phi BEC?

Please help

Thanks

Will-I-Get-GC said:
I see more and people got stressed out for not getting their labour cert and now because of retrogession.

Agreed
2. I checked with my lawyer about my H1b extension and he said i can extend , no matter of number of years . So we can work , even if we did not get the LC cert or I485 visa dates (As our LC is pending for more than 1 year)

How can you be so sure that they will not change it in a half year or early.
I do not think that Native Americans happy to have potential immigrants for indefinite period of time.

3. You can buy home , car and lead good life with this visa , so why to worry about GC.

When they tell you that your time is up, you will have to sell your home, car with great discount and lead good life in your orogin country.

Yes, i know we have to be with the same employer and spouse cannot work , until we get approved, Apart from it , i do not see more reason for stressing ourself , if labour certification delays or VISA dates are not available.

from immigration.com

Update from DOL Backlog Center - 09/13/2005

Backlog centers informed that total number of cases forwarded to the two centers was about 345,000. There are at least 100,000 pending cases on which only partial data entry has been done. During the next few months, the Centers will be working to complete full data entry on these cases and issue the 45 day letters to employer (The letter will ask the employer if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application).

The Centers have been working RIR and traditional cases where recruitment was completed previously and no further recruitment was required. While they are not yet ready to process cases that will require recruitment, in the coming months, they will be preparing to work these cases and preparing to deal with all related issues such as prevailing wage and job orders.

Email addresses have been provided to identify and bring to DOL attention special handling cases pending at the Centers.

For the Dallas Center : specialhandling@DAL.DFLC.US

For the Philadelphia Center: specialhandling@PHI.DFLC.US

same job

Will-I-Get-GC said:

I totally agree with your thoughts and concept of taking it easy :) but how many of all here can have good employers as yours to keep extending and holding forever :)

Hi All -- my opinion if you care :)

GCTitan said:
Hi APRLC2002

Whats your opinion on this visa dates.

Thanks

I guess these VISA dates are a temporary thing but, this is in conjuction with BECs adjudicating the cases for whom the VISA numbers are not availble and should be adjusted not matter what. This is an effort to correct the mistakes in their implementations. Soon I think we may also see a law stating that I140 applications should receive in UCSIS before 45 days of their labor approved. THis will help them to make correct assessment of how many legitimate and illegitimate cases are going to be there.

Since all BECs asked for the confirmation to proceed with processing there is not question of substituing the labor to someother employee.

So if the situation continues as stated in shusterman's previous news letter I suspect there could be a temporary law (If they want to stay us in the country) stating that AC21 and 180 day might be applicable for people who got their I140 approved and did not apply for I485 due regtrogression.. this is just an optimistic thought not sure whether AILA or some is pushing towards it but I am sure it is in talks though.

Also with regards to VISA numbers, there will be a sudden jump for may be an year and half for EB2 and EB3 and EB1 might become current in 2 to 3 months. then it may inch forward and stabilize June 2002/2003 until all labor backlog clears

If it is not happening this way then it sounds Buerocrats Conspiracy theory is implemented and working ;(.

Just my opinions

there are just too many indian , chinese arriving ...

when I was in school of enginneering in 98, not so many indian ,chinese ...
all a sudden from 99-2001 ... I was surrounded by indian and chinese !

I believe there is good reason for the date .

TampaBelle said:
Forgot to add -

That's true. That's why the retrogression is so outrageous and questionable.

Basically, in Oct, EB visa for Indian and China goes to people in the pipeline of DOL, INS, with PD ealier than 2000. But I think most people applied LC so ealier (in 2000) already got their GC, no matter EB1, EB2 or EB3. Just ask your friend and colleagues in CA and NY, 2 largest and among the slowest states, and you can get a sense.

On ther other hand, they CANNOT give the visa to PERM applicants (PD later than 2005) and Dallas BEC approvals (PD later than 2000) even these applicants filed 485 already either.

So, where does the visa go? There is a limit for Indian and China, but there got to be some thing, NOT ZERO!

Let’s see if ALIA can push DOS give a good explanation. Also please keep posted if there is any fund-raising need for litigation.

Thanks!

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Everyone should read this.Even people who filed for I-485 will be get impacted as per this.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13066

I think 1999,2000,2001 they increased H1B from 65,000 to 195,000. But not yet changed EB 485 visa numbers, still maintaining 140,000. Because they knew that all 390,000 extra H1Bs have to leave country for next 3 years once there H1B expired 2005,2006,2007. This is usual american way of thinking. Don't expect any EB visa number changes until 2007. Be plan for some alternatives such as joining school for higher education, plan for a long vacation or job in home country for atleast an year and then back to land of opportunity. Guys...we have lot of option...cheer up and enjoy this beautiful life.(of course here in USA or Elsewhere)... :)

some of my opinion why H1b increase is not the answere.

1. Even in the years H1b quota is 195000, the acually usage is around 140k and 150k. The fundamental supply and demand issue is not as serious as the visa bulletin indicated.

2. The problem is not retrogression. In fact retrogression was widely expected. The problem is the degress of retrogression, so much that virtually no Indian and China will have visa in the coming months. What happened, especially for EB2 and EB1 category, which is still current in September. What's changed in the single month?

gc_or_die said:
I think 1999,2000,2001 they increased H1B from 65,000 to 195,000. But not yet changed EB 485 visa numbers, still maintaining 140,000. Because they knew that all 390,000 extra H1Bs have to leave country for next 3 years once there H1B expired 2005,2006,2007. This is usual american way of thinking. Don't expect any EB visa number changes until 2007. Be plan for some alternatives such as joining school for higher education, plan for a long vacation or job in home country for atleast an year and then back to land of opportunity. Guys...we have lot of option...cheer up and enjoy this beautiful life.(of course here in USA or Elsewhere)... :)

does EB2/PERM still makes sense

people,

I need advise. I already have eb3 pending with pd 12/02 in PBEC with case status RIR. I was waiting for some trends to be avible for PERM to see how it goes. Now since I can see PERM is pretty much stable process and labor gets approved very quickly withough much fuss, I was planning to file in EB2 with same employer. But then this new visa bulletin came and messed up whole plan(at least for the time being).

Now my Q is should i still go ahead with eb2/perm hoping that this vias held up is only for some time as far as EB2 is concerned and EB2 should become current again after few months...

Am i being too optimistic or I can take a shot. ( the only problem is if i still decide to file EB2/PERM - i will have to pay whole expense from my pocket which would roughly cost me 10,000 USD for whole GC.

Any input would be deeply appreciated.

peace

What changed in a month is the dawning of the fact that
[1] PBEC & DBEC are approving LCs not in a strict FIFO

[2] Among the 2 BECs, DBEC is approving early '03 cases, while '01 cases in PBEC rot in hell

[3] After some teething problems, the PERM process is now creaking along, spewing out some more approved LCs with PDs after 03.2005

[4] Before all hell breaks loose, with the system getting dead-halted with lawsuits, this was the most opportune time to call for a stoppage in filing all 485 apps. Thus the degree of retrogression.

[5] PERMers and later-date non-PERMers need to wait for the early-dated PDs. The 2 BECs & PERM will continue to dump approvals, but post LC, everyone is now in single file. Strict FIFO has been imposed. This is only fair.

[6] As regards the # of visas/yr, that will be a politically charged issue. I don't see any stakeholder (employer, client, attorney, political representatives) except us who is on the immigrant's side.

[7] EB1/EB2 cut-offs should jump ahead fairly fast. Chinese & Indians in EB3 are looking at massive delays.

fogman1 said:
some of my opinion why H1b increase is not the answere.
1. Even in the years H1b quota is 195000, the acually usage is around 140k and 150k. The fundamental supply and demand issue is not as serious as the visa bulletin indicated.

2. The problem is not retrogression. In fact retrogression was widely expected. The problem is the degress of retrogression, so much that virtually no Indian and China will have visa in the coming months. What happened, especially for EB2 and EB1 category, which is still current in September. What's changed in the single month?

PERM and Eb2

dude,
I think it is too risky right now, there are a lot of people waiting in queue.
Even in Eb2, you should not expect Eb2 numbers to become current anytime soon. At least USCIS guidance clearly states that they do not expect these numbers to move much in near future.

tikal said:
What changed in a month is the dawning of the fact that
[1] PBEC & DBEC are approving LCs not in a strict FIFO

[2] Among the 2 BECs, DBEC is approving early '03 cases, while '01 cases in PBEC rot in hell

[3] After some teething problems, the PERM process is now creaking along, spewing out some more approved LCs with PDs after 03.2005

[4] Before all hell breaks loose, with the system getting dead-halted with lawsuits, this was the most opportune time to call for a stoppage in filing all 485 apps. Thus the degree of retrogression.

[5] PERMers and later-date non-PERMers need to wait for the early-dated PDs. The 2 BECs & PERM will continue to dump approvals, but post LC, everyone is now in single file. Strict FIFO has been imposed. This is only fair.

[6] As regards the # of visas/yr, that will be a politically charged issue. I don't see any stakeholder (employer, client, attorney, political representatives) except us who is on the immigrant's side.

[7] EB1/EB2 cut-offs should jump ahead fairly fast. Chinese & Indians in EB3 are looking at massive delays.

Makes sense..,

With all this mess, what is the baseline now? What can I can take home today with all the bad news? Here's is what I think I (all of us) have:

1. If 140 is approved I can renew my H1B for 3 years, multiple times (yes, it presumes retaining the same job for some time now, ask people with 2001, 2002 PDs).
2. If 140 is approved and I want to change my job and start a new LC/140/485 with the new company, I can retain my old PD. Please double-check.

What we can do:
I think we should put pressure on AILA (mostly) and US Congress to modify AC21 whereby, an approved 140 would allow one to switch jobs.

Traditionally, Chinese and Indians are not the vote banks for Republicans, and with the current Republican WH and Congress, putting pressure to increase the visa numbers may be too ambitious goal for us right now. Plus, two bills are already in the pipeline, that address the visa number issue. I think putting pressure on AILA to lobby for AC21 changes may be a doable goal for us right now.

gc_ka_wait said:
people,

I need advise. I already have eb3 pending with pd 12/02 in PBEC with case status RIR. I was waiting for some trends to be avible for PERM to see how it goes. Now since I can see PERM is pretty much stable process and labor gets approved very quickly withough much fuss, I was planning to file in EB2 with same employer. But then this new visa bulletin came and messed up whole plan(at least for the time being).

Now my Q is should i still go ahead with eb2/perm hoping that this vias held up is only for some time as far as EB2 is concerned and EB2 should become current again after few months...

Am i being too optimistic or I can take a shot. ( the only problem is if i still decide to file EB2/PERM - i will have to pay whole expense from my pocket which would roughly cost me 10,000 USD for whole GC.

Any input would be deeply appreciated.

peace

I see same chances of EB3 moving from 98 to 2002 (your PD) or
EB2 moving from 2000 to 2005 (your new PD)

than why bother with new fillings ?

How does visa date move?

Folks,
Does anyone know how the visa date is moved by DOS? Is there a limit date for a person to file 485? I know there is a 45 day cut-off for filing 140 after LC is approved. A hypothetical person with PD in 1998 can theoritically file just 140 and not 485 (has to be mentally-challenged to do that though!) and with no cut-off limit date for filing 485 how would DOS know its time to move ahead of Jan 1998? Another scenario, even if that person files 485, how would DOS finalize that they had the visa window open long enough for 1998 folks to file 485 as some persons expected to file could've left the country or moved to another job?
I am hoping someone will have an answer, as I learn from this forum that DOS is more disciplined than USCIS (BEC).
Thanks.

vine95050 said:
2. If 140 is approved and I want to change my job and start a new LC/140/485 with the new company, I can retain my old PD. Please double-check.

From which resource can we make this presumption, I think you will have a new , very late PD? Although, I hope you are right.