Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

lvka said:
Does the visa bullet mean the EB2 is also retrogressed to year 2000 now?
That means even PERM can't save us now?

Yes that means EB2 and EB1 has retrogessed and you are right PERM cannot save us. Nothing can save us, we are screwed big time.
I am trying to find happiness in thinking that atleast people applying after me (through PERM and LC substitution) will not get their GC and they will have to wait too. Other than that there is nothing else you can do, except trying to save your current PD, which might help us 5 years down the tunnel.

Misery Needs Company

The source url is :
http://shusterman.com/vb.html

I do not believe that I can hang on to this job for next 4-5 years to file I-485 with 5-7 H1 extensions.
I have not seen in any forum that somebody is waiting from 97 to file I-485.
Its unfair... I have given hope.
Its time to start looking for job in the home country.

Is there any point in tracking LC or state tracker or Backlog center? This is a hopeless situation. I appreciate the guys with wishful thinking for their optimism...

Hello AwadMyGC

AwardMyGC said:
This might sound really disappointing!

Any EB3 labor applications with PD before January 1st 1998 are eligible to apply I-485. Applicants after this date have to wait .....

I think that 01Jan 1998 is only for India .
For all other countrys other than India, China Mexico and Phillipinas for EB3 is 01Mar 2001.

The Priority Date using for this Cut off dates is your PD fromyour LC ???????

we need to fight back

After all these years of spending time and money here we are still no where...? We really can't save anything with only 1 bread winner at home...!!

In the past years there must be plenty of visa numbers not used. We shud fight back and ask them to use up those numbers too.. Maybe this is a point we shud think about...

PD : NY Oct 29th 2003
no news where I stand..of course there are plenty ahead of me

still have confidence and faith ?

How about awareness effort :) ? Are there any takers ? Or we shoud wait till October 2006 ? By that time employment based category might be behind family-based.

Some good things out of the retrogression:
-Its fair in the sense that PERM applicant and lucky Dallas BEC can't file for 485 without waiting for Philly BEC.
-My username turns out to be true and you thought DOL is joke :)

Personally I don't give damn about visa numbers till my labor is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
LC Substitution?

In this situation, what if one uses a LC substitution for a pre-approved LC? Can that be filed before Sep 30 for EB-2?

For a pre-approved LC, is the PD the same as the PD of the LC or is it the date the I-140 for the substitution? If you know the answer, please let me know!!

GotGC?? said:
In this situation, what if one uses a LC substitution for a pre-approved LC? Can that be filed before Sep 30 for EB-2?

For a pre-approved LC, is the PD the same as the PD of the LC or is it the date the I-140 for the substitution? If you know the answer, please let me know!!

You can not inherit PD from old LC, your PD becomes current date (Sept 2005) or the date of I-140 filing.

I donot want to bring any ones morale down. To me, I have no hope. Priority date of Jan 98 is something I cannot take. It seems that we have been taken for granted and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Before the non availability of visa numbers for EB3 catagory, the adtes were May 2002. In 2-3 months, the expectation and forcast has taken such a dramatic turn....This is not right.

AbstractVision said:
I donot want to bring any ones morale down. To me, I have no hope. Priority date of Jan 98 is something I cannot take. It seems that we have been taken for granted and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Before the non availability of visa numbers for EB3 catagory, the adtes were May 2002. In 2-3 months, the expectation and forcast has taken such a dramatic turn....This is not right.

Guys, this new has pretty much crashed all my hopes of getting a green card. I have already waited for over 3 years for labor and I don't think I can wait another 3-4 years.

I am thinking maybe waiting and watching for 2-3 months and see if priority dates move forward significantly. If not, me and my family will start planning an organised departure from the land of opportunity!

Is Govt serious about clearing Backlog?

Hi All,

Now that the Visa numbers for the month of October 2005 are released and there are a lot of disappointments in the forum, before I feel the same, I want to clear few doubts and understand the importance of what this VISA numbers mean.

I am posting this only because I have a very limited knowledge about all this stuff. All the gurus, please throw me yours rays of knowledge.

1. I guess these VISA numbers will be released every month for the following month. I guess it is 2 weeks in advance.

2. If a cut-off date is given for a country in a category, that does not mean that there are unlimited number of VISA's available for that category and country prior/up to that given date.(example: current cut-off date for India/ EB3 is Jan 98. If we assume there are 100,000 applicants available for that date, it does not mean that all the 100,000 applications will be processed. Only a limited number will be processed and all the remaining applications will be saved/stored until the next month’s visa availability dates. I hope they don’t send the applications back and ask them to re-file).

3. Considering the above point is true, if we assume the VISA limit for EB3/India in a month is 7000(totally assumed..), if we take the current cut-off date Jan98 (EB3/India) and there are 8000 applications in Nov 97 and 6000 applications in DEC 97 and most of the applications filed are from DEC97, I assume, the applications that are received will be processed as they come without following the PD of the applications. If that is true, the folks that have PD in NOV 97 will have to wait until the next month's VISA bulletin.

Considering all the above is almost true, can we assume that the Govt. is seriously trying to clear the back log?

Also, if the VISA numbers are released every month and hope they change forward rather than backwards, it will be good for our buddies who have been waiting for long but were hit by bad luck related to the unavailability of visa numbers.

I want to mention again that these are all my assumptions and I appreciate if you guys can correct me if I am wrong.

I wish every body very good luck.

Best,

NJGCMAR03

What is this supposed to mean?

Do you know anyone who filed before 2000 and still hasn't got hi GC? I don't know anybody. In fact I know quite a few who filed in 2001 and got their GC. How can there even be people waitng with PD '98. So what does this availability date even supposed to mean?

I think there is another reason for this much retrogression.

USCIS has planned to limit the processing time of I485 to 6 months by the end of FY06. It is hard to achieve this target for EB categories and the only way they can prove that they are achieving this difficult task is to limit the number of applications they will take for processing every month. This way they will kill two birds with one stone...

October 3, 2005 protest in planning

H-1 B visa holders, especially Indians and Chinese with pending LC in Phily backlog center black hole will hold a protest rally in front of the office building of Phily backlog center. Major medias will be invited. details to follow.

It is action time! :mad:

You forgot one thing

You forgot one thing. If they have backlogs from 98, why would the EB3 visa numbers be current before April '05 for ths category. And then the Visa numbers retrogressed to Jan '02. Why didn't they retrogress back to 98?
This is same for EB2 category also. The EB2 will be still be current until 9/30/05.
Any thoughts?

good luck ...

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

excerpt from AIT TW

B. EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANTS:
A total of 140,000 immigrant visas are available each year for this category. Employment-based immigrant visas are divided into five preference groups. These groups (percent of yearly limit in parentheses) are listed below:

Priority Workers: Persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; and certain multinational executives and managers (28.6%).

Members of the Professions: Professionals holding advanced degrees, and persons of exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, and business (28.6%).

Professionals, Skilled and Unskilled Workers: Professionals holding baccalaureate degrees, skilled workers with at least two years experience, and other workers whose skills are in short supply in the United States (28.6%). (Unskilled workers are subject to a sublimit of 10,000).

Special Immigrants: Certain religious workers and ministers of religion, certain international organization employees and their immediate family members, and specially qualified and recommended current and former employees of the United States Government (7.1%).

Investors: Persons who create employment for at least ten unrelated persons by investing capital in a new commercial enterprise in the United States. The minimum amount of capital required is between $500,000 and $1,000,000 depending on the unemployment rate in the geographic area (7.1%).

People from India and China will use up their country quota much faster than other people .

There are just too many immigrants from China and India ...

NJGCMar03 said:
Hi All,

Now that the Visa numbers for the month of October 2005 are released and there are a lot of disappointments in the forum, before I feel the same, I want to clear few doubts and understand the importance of what this VISA numbers mean.

I am posting this only because I have a very limited knowledge about all this stuff. All the gurus, please throw me yours rays of knowledge.

1. I guess these VISA numbers will be released every month for the following month. I guess it is 2 weeks in advance.

2. If a cut-off date is given for a country in a category, that does not mean that there are unlimited number of VISA's available for that category and country prior/up to that given date.(example: current cut-off date for India/ EB3 is Jan 98. If we assume there are 100,000 applicants available for that date, it does not mean that all the 100,000 applications will be processed. Only a limited number will be processed and all the remaining applications will be saved/stored until the next month’s visa availability dates. I hope they don’t send the applications back and ask them to re-file).

3. Considering the above point is true, if we assume the VISA limit for EB3/India in a month is 7000(totally assumed..), if we take the current cut-off date Jan98 (EB3/India) and there are 8000 applications in Nov 97 and 6000 applications in DEC 97 and most of the applications filed are from DEC97, I assume, the applications that are received will be processed as they come without following the PD of the applications. If that is true, the folks that have PD in NOV 97 will have to wait until the next month's VISA bulletin.

Considering all the above is almost true, can we assume that the Govt. is seriously trying to clear the back log?

Also, if the VISA numbers are released every month and hope they change forward rather than backwards, it will be good for our buddies who have been waiting for long but were hit by bad luck related to the unavailability of visa numbers.

I want to mention again that these are all my assumptions and I appreciate if you guys can correct me if I am wrong.

I wish every body very good luck.

Best,

NJGCMAR03

Too late for that

richshi said:
H-1 B visa holders, especially Indians and Chinese with pending LC in Phily backlog center black hole will hold a protest rally in front of the office building of Phily backlog center. Major medias will be invited. details to follow.

It is action time! :mad:

Protesting in front of PBEC used to make sense when they were way too slow in processing and a lot slower than DBEC. However now it doesn't matter
if one gets processed tomorrow or a year later or for Indians even two years later. The real problem is Department of State with a small quota for EB-3 category. If you want to protest the best place is in front of Department of state to force them recapture 50,000 visas from DV lottery if it is no longer valid. This is way to go. There is nothing PBEC can do about this issue but Department of state can. This is where we should focus our attention.