Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

PD distribution redux

luckylucky, I had asked this question days back, but it got lost in the 'status/h1extension emails' and subsequently in the Manila madness. Let me know if you have info on

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...&postcount=5836
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...&postcount=5859

luckylucky said:
folks,
long time no see.
I think that if all the data will be partially entered into computers in BEC by end of Sept., then BEC and USCIS are trying to streamline the process. Say if BEC cleared all April, 01 of CHINA, then I guess the cut off date will be changed to April, 01 of CHINA in USCIS accordingly. It is efficient and fair, i think. Now stop worrying about how your stand in BEC from now on. Just compare how many people are in front of you in PD with how many visas # are given out each year. Then you can make a prediction when you are getting to file your I485.

I heard somewhere that majority of Employment Based Visa Number will go for Doctors and Nurses. This is more likely for EB3 and only a small numbers will be left for us.

luckylucky said:
There are 14,0000 visa # for employment based immigration each year.
Besides us stuck in BEC, there are EB1
EB2- National Interest Waiver
EB4 (for what?)
PLease don't need to count them in when you calculate your standing. The reason is their PD is much later than you. EB1 and EB2 NIW's I140 clears in several monthes. The majority is us, labor certifications.

Jaiatl said:
I heard somewhere that majority of Employment Based Visa Number will go for Doctors and Nurses. This is more likely for EB3 and only a small numbers will be left for us.

Not sure how doctor and nurses can file for 485 if visa number is retrogressed ? Last time I read, there is separate quota for them. Not sure if 140000 visa# per year includes them ?

Also, I will be very happy if Manilla post turns out true, because then we will have real FIFO (only problem would be if Jaiatl's prediction is true, where nurses and doctors uses our visa# even though through PD is 2005) I just hate idea of someone with equal talent files for PERM and use my visa#.

I guess doctor and nurses come under "Schedule A Workers" and Schedule A Workers are current even in September 2005 Visa Bulletin. Let us wait for October 2005 Visa Bulletin to get the clear picture.

USCISisMockery said:
Not sure how doctor and nurses can file for 485 if visa number is retrogressed ? Last time I read, there is separate quota for them. Not sure if 140000 visa# per year includes them ?

Also, I will be very happy if Manilla post turns out true, because then we will have real FIFO (only problem would be if Jaiatl's prediction is true, where nurses and doctors uses our visa# even though through PD is 2005) I just hate idea of someone with equal talent files for PERM and use my visa#.

Philadelphia BPC Approvals (August 5-12, 2005) (copy from MurthyDotCom)

- Philadelphia BPC Approvals (August 5-12, 2005)
©MurthyDotCom
Of the ten approvals we received during that seven-day period, three were processed through the Philadelphia BPC. Two of these cases initially had been filed in Maryland in September 2001. The other case had a priority date of May 31, 2001. Thus, while the BPCs are supposed to be operating on a First-In / First-Out (FIFO) basis, the system seems to generally reflect older cases, but not be a precise FIFO system at this point.

- We received four LC approvals on July 5, 2005. One was from the DOL New York satellite processing center. The other three were from the BPCs. Of the three, one case was from Philadelphia. The other two were from Dallas. The case from Philadelphia had originally been filed in Maryland on April 26, 2001. The cases from Dallas had originally been filed in Texas on October 28 and 29, 2002. All three cases had been processed through the local State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) and forwarded to the Regional DOL offices prior to being transferred to the BPCs.

- More Approvals from Dallas than Philadelphia
©MurthyDotCom
In an unscientific exchange of information with other AILA attorneys, it seems that they, too, are receiving more approvals from Dallas than from Philadelphia. There were reports from attorneys receiving approvals from the Dallas BPC in late July and early August 2005 with priority dates ranging from September to December 2002. Most did not describe receiving any approvals from the Philadelphia BPC.

mine too is T-05188

cantstandit said:
hi Nystreet, can u share the first 5 digits of your case id ? mine is T-05129.

Very few people have received the letter, glad you did. Did your case reach regional ?

NY RIR
PD - 11/2002

have very few people received this number as i am a july 2003

USCISisMockery said:

As I understand....the health care professionals are in the queue, then an attempt is made to give them a visa from the regular EB categories. So if a EB category visa is availble would be alloted to them...If not available then they can draw from the special pool of 50K congress created from them.....The health care professionals are likely to stay current for some time....

That hurts us.....but then what is new???...

This message for rirlaborCT

Is there any progress reported in terms of data entry or people receiving 45dat letters??

Ajay

My case is EB2-RIR
PD : 08/2002

Any update on clearances for August 2002 as My screen shot shows status RIR from last 2months.

this does not look so good ...

I just wander... for EB2

there must be too many people from china , india and philipine ... I can understand indian, chinese are mostly engineers . Is this correct ?? High skilled workers ...

I wander what kind of jobs for people from philipine do here ...

Good luck to everyone !

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody checked with attorney for the unexpected retrogress ?

Is it temporary ? The reasons for this kind of retrogress etc etc.

Please post

RIR,NJ,09/2002, NO 45 day letter

EB3 Mar 2001 ???

Hello,
Can some one tell me if Mar 2001 is the priority date of the LC ??.
That meens that no body that have a aproved LC with Priority date beyond Mar 2001 can aply for the I485 ??
Thanks

Choclito said:
Hello,
Can some one tell me if Mar 2001 is the priority date of the LC ??.
That meens that no body that have a aproved LC with Priority date beyond Mar 2001 can aply for the I485 ??
Thanks

This might sound really disappointing!

Any EB3 labor applications with PD before January 1st 1998 are eligible to apply I-485. Applicants after this date have to wait .....

Visa Bulletin - Oct' 05

EMPLOYMENT CATEGORIES
Categories Worldwide China (PRC) India Mexico Philippines
1st Current 1-01-00 8-01-02 Current Current
2nd Current 5-01-00 11-01-99 Current Current
3rd 3-01-01 5-01-00 1-01-98 1-01-01 3-01-01
Schedule A Current Current Current Current Current
Unskilled 10-01-00 10-01-00 10-01-00 10-01-00 10-01-00
4th Current Current Current Current Current
Religious Current Current Current Current Current
5th Current Current Current Current Current

Question for all the Gurus

Comon guys cheer up, i am sure those dates will move fast hopefully by this year end they will move to where it was in june. Any how we need to worry about those dates only after we get our LC's approved.

Comin back to "PBEC" and/or "LC" World
How often we can send a mail to PBEC for screenshot. I already did it once last month, is it ok to send one more request this month.

Cheers

driveto said:
Comon guys cheer up, i am sure those dates will move fast hopefully by this year end they will move to where it was in june. Any how we need to worry about those dates only after we get our LC's approved.

How often we can send a mail to PBEC for screenshot. I already did it once last month, is it ok to send one more request this month.

Cheers

Yeah, send those emails every day -- we really don't want them to actually process our cases, do we? ;)

is EB2 also retrogressed?

Does the visa bullet mean the EB2 is also retrogressed to year 2000 now?
That means even PERM can't save us now?

driveto said:

Cheers

I think you are being extremely optimistic ... if you read toward the end of the bulletin you will find the following paragraph:

E. EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILTIY
Item D in the Visa Bulletin (number 85) announcing the September cut-off dates provided information regarding the prospects of visa availability during the early months of FY-2006. Many categories have become oversubscribed for October, and cut-off dates established due to continued heavy demand for numbers by CIS for adjustment of status cases. Forward movement of the cut-off dates in these categories is likely to be limited.

Sorry to temper your joy but we have to be realistic about this ... it is going to be a long long wait even after we get our LCs approved !