Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks friends... this forum is great source of info.

I just got screen shot from PBEC for 7th year extension.Can somebody say what this case status mean.
( Originally filed in VA (dec2002) and moved to federal in May2004.)

Case Received Date: 10/07/2004
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Case Status: RIR

Even the DBEC..

Even the DBEC folks are using PBEC for status check. PBEC is more responsive to these mails and then we wonder why PBEC is slow in processing. (WEll if they are using 1 person only for the email responses, then it's a different story.)

sfmars said:
Just make sure that they send request to both Philly and Dallas.
They have common database and Philly is more responsive than Dallas.

Your case already must be in the database if it is not make your steps, if I were you I would make your lawyer initiate inquiry.

jnathan said:
Exactly.
People - please do not send emails to 7th year extension mailbox if you dont need an extension.

We are hurting ourselves. DOL has already done enough to hurt us but let us not do the same.

I know everyone who sends an email hopes to see "certified". PBEC seems to be going by PD and so if you are not in range, you are not going to be certified as of now.

Then when people see "RIR, "Data Review" they make a post asking what is "RIR" and what is Data review which has been explained a zillion times.

7th year H1 extension

Last edited by a moderator:
Regional vs. SWA cases (TR)

Does anybody know how PBEC prioritizes regional and SWA cases? The FIFO idea is OK, but let's say there are thousands of TR cases from NY, NJ, CA, etc. from 2001 and 2002 that never had a recruitment, so just the recruitment (newspaper ad, internal notice, interviewing applicants, etc.) will take at least a month, while other TR cases with priority dates from 2003 and 2004, that have gone through this and reached the region would probably need a signature and a stamp and nothing else, because 99% of the work is already done. This is not a problem for RIR cases, because they all had recruitment prior to filing, but for TR cases it's a big question. Of course those folks from 2001-2002 would like to see their SWA cases picked up first, while those with regional cases can argue that closing their case barely requires any work and DOL could reduce a huge part of the backlog just by putting the dot on top of the i.
So will there be two (RIR and TR), three (RIR, TR SWA, TR Regional) or four (RIR SWA, RIR Regional, TR SWA and TR Regional) FIFOs???
So far I've seen only reginal cases certified (sorry, if I missed something), so it looks like the SWA cases (especially the TR SWA cases, that need a lot of work) are held back.
Any ideas?

TR or RIR case????

Hello, all:

I filed my case using regular processing (TR) in 12/03. I received the screen shot last Friday. It shows my case status is "RIR". Anyone knows what's going on? Thanks a lot!

Husker

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Backlog centers have given a reason why they were unable to process in FIFO order. Now that the backlog center have almost near the completion of partial or full data entry, I think they follow FIFO from now on.Aprlc2002 had also mentioned that the backlog centers may not send 45 day letters from now on.If that is the case, we should see approvals for NJ by Oct-Nov.

DBLC worked better than PBLC till now.Hopefully, PBLC will start approving fast in the future.

RIR,EB2, NJ, 09/2002, NO 45 day letter
8th year on H1B
New Jersey Company 1 laid off when about to get my labor cleared after waiting more than 2 years
New Jersey company 2 - Waiting from past 3 years for the labor to clear

Imagine how frustated I would be. Most of my friends got thier GC's 3-4 years back and several who filed after me from other states after I joined second company have GC'S now.

Now that they have PERM, for every future applicants it takes same time whether you file from NY or NJ or from some other states for which labors were approving quick earlier. PERM is too late for the earlier applicants and many of us stuck in this transition.

I do understand, its very frustrating. Beside the system being wrong, inaccurate, inefficient, impractical etc... my biggest gripe is that the system is unfair. Someone who files for the labor (through PERM) will be in next queue while people like us waiting since 2001/2002. I just don't understand, why everything with regards to US immigration has to be on luck. Why can't then go on merits.

Yes I wish...

Good luck to you as well.

Somehow after all the bad things have had happened to me, I kind of lost the ability to feel bad anymore....especially living in New Jersey. With a naive mind I started my 1st job in New Jersey and thought that I'd contribute my best to this contry. I decided to stay and followed all the rules carefully...... What happened were: Previous company screwed up my 1st LC application due to stupid reasons, filed the 2nd one with a TR option and then wait, got laid-off just prior to getting LC, started 2nd job at current company and filed RIR again almost three years ago and then wait until now. So far, I have dumped almost $3500 (application and attorney fee) for nothing. So, I did not feel any excitement when I got my 45 days letter two months ago eventhough I seemed to be the 1st guy from New Jersey in this forum to get the 45 days letter. In the mean time, there're a lot of things you need to worry about. See the gasline preice these days?

I will update you guys once I got anynews.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Hey, I found a buddy with similar situation.Atleast you are one step ahead of me as I still have not recieved 45 day letter even though I filed in Sept 2002.If they start sending 45 day letter again, it will delay my process. Good luck to you and please do post if you get certified.

Hello

egg0504 said:
Does anybody know how PBEC prioritizes regional and SWA cases? The FIFO idea is OK, but let's say there are thousands of TR cases from NY, NJ, CA, etc. from 2001 and 2002 that never had a recruitment, so just the recruitment (newspaper ad, internal notice, interviewing applicants, etc.) will take at least a month, while other TR cases with priority dates from 2003 and 2004, that have gone through this and reached the region would probably need a signature and a stamp and nothing else, because 99% of the work is already done. This is not a problem for RIR cases, because they all had recruitment prior to filing, but for TR cases it's a big question. Of course those folks from 2001-2002 would like to see their SWA cases picked up first, while those with regional cases can argue that closing their case barely requires any work and DOL could reduce a huge part of the backlog just by putting the dot on top of the i.
So will there be two (RIR and TR), three (RIR, TR SWA, TR Regional) or four (RIR SWA, RIR Regional, TR SWA and TR Regional) FIFOs???
So far I've seen only reginal cases certified (sorry, if I missed something), so it looks like the SWA cases (especially the TR SWA cases, that need a lot of work) are held back.
Any ideas?

Hello Brother whats screen shot and can you help me to find out whats my status i applied for the labor in dec 2001. from NY in RIR

Please get back to me please

Best Regards

Please any body who can help me

Please some body will tell me how to find out the status of the case i did filed in dec 2001 and from NY in RIR

hello

husker said:
Hello, all:

I filed my case using regular processing (TR) in 12/03. I received the screen shot last Friday. It shows my case status is "RIR". Anyone knows what's going on? Thanks a lot!

Husker

What is this Sv=creen Shot can you explain and how do you get this info

Best Regards

partial entry done

i think they have finished withthe partial entries as when my friend's employer called on friday and spoke to rosalyn she was able to provide a t number fora case filed in dec 04 so may be now they will just focus on 45 day letter or approvals whatever is the pattern they are adpoting
just my thoughts

TR or RIR case????

I sent the inquiry my 7th year H1B extension to H1B7yr@PHI.DFLC.US last Friday
and got the screen shot response within 2 hours from PBEC.

Here is my screen shot detail:

ETA Case number: P-04268-xxxxx Priority Date: 12/05/2003
Processing Type: RIR Case Source: Region
Employer Name: My company's name Business Activity: xxxxxxx
Occupation Title: xxxxxxxx Occupation Code: xxx.xxx-xxx
Rate of Pay: $xxxxx/Yearly Prevailing Wage: $xxxxx/Yearly
Alien Name: My name Visa Type: H1B
Nationality or Citizenship: My country
Case Received Date: 09/24/2004 Processing Center: PBEC
Case Status: RIR

My case is TR (Traditional Recruitment) case. The screen shot shows case
status is RIR. Anybody knows what is going on? I thought something mistake
in PBEC. Have any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Husker

Info to add to your tracker:
RIR case Atlanta
My PD 5/03
To regional 8/03
45 day letter rec & replied too (do not have date, met with lawyer in May and she told me this)
Called BEC 2 weeks ago - was told case was under 'final review'
Will update if any other info received

Add me to the tracking system

RIR case Alabama
PD: 5/04
To regional: never made it
45 day letter: never received

Thanx

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Hey, I found a buddy with similar situation.Atleast you are one step ahead of me as I still have not recieved 45 day letter even though I filed in Sept 2002.If they start sending 45 day letter again, it will delay my process. Good luck to you and please do post if you get certified.

I am in the same situation ....The first lawyer my fc*&$#** company found kept telling me that the application is filed for 1.5 years....They would not let me find my own lawyer too...Then they found another lawyer...Secondlawyer contacted DOL to find if the case is there ...they say no case had been filed.....I wanted to sue the fu***s but...even that would not change situation much...DOL would say they never got any case and not their responsibility......Not I have crossed the 5th year threshold and am stuck with this doggone employer.......
I try to forget it....but when I saw you two guy's story something boiled inside me....

You are not alone guys....

Last edited by a moderator:
Encouraging !!!

what a good news !!! :)
So, the queue is in May'03

atlanta said:
RIR case Atlanta
My PD 5/03
To regional 8/03
45 day letter rec & replied too (do not have date, met with lawyer in May and she told me this)

what a good news !!!
So, the queue is in May'03

atlanta said:
RIR case Atlanta
My PD 5/03
To regional 8/03

My case was filed from Virginia in Oct, 2002. I complete my six years in March 2006. My company will file for my extension in November 2005. Will there be a problem if I use the 7th year extension email to check the status of my application?
Will I need another email when my company is getting ready to file for my extension?