Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I think it is May 2003 cutoff from SFO DOL. The pd could be earlier than May 2002. mine took little over a year to move from SWA to DOL
Kahada said:
LC_Wait2Years,

Could you check with your lawyer that these are CA cases? As I know, the CA cases in both BEC should have PD later than May 1st,2002.

MaryLand DOL Labor status

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member. I am waiting for my labor approval since 4 years. Applied in May 2002 in MaryLand, till today I don't the status and I don't know what's happening in Phil Backlog center.

If anybody knows more info. Pls reply.

Thanks a lot!!!!

PBEC Processing - QuickView

Guys, here's the updated list for today - Aug 26, 05. The only approvals we have toady are from CA, which is really interesting. I hope these CA approvals are for real. Good luck to all!

To want to forget something is to think of it.
-- French Proverb

PBEC "Certified" or "Final Review" Cases in the last few days

RIR
aprlc2002 [PD: April 2002; CERTIFIED; State: VA; Regional: ?]
LC_Wait2Years (contacts) [PD: ~March 2002; CERTIFIED; State: CA; Regional: ?] <- NEW/08-26-05 (plot thickens!)
LC_Wait2Years (contacts) [PD: ~March 2002; CERTIFIED; State: CA; Regional: ?] <- NEW/08-26-05
srkotturu [PD: Feb 2002; CERTIFIED; State: PA; Regional: Yes]
jiangnan [PD: Feb 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
whatheheck [PD: Feb 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional:?]
friend of mdgc2001[PD: Jan 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: ?]
jjcchoi [PD: Nov 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
SB (murthy site) [PD: Nov 2001; CERTIFIED; State: ?; Regional: ?]
Wash.DC(friend's) [PD: Oct 2001;CERTIFIED; State: DC; Regional: No]
GOD_BLESS_YOU [PD: Oct 2001; CERTIFIED; State: NY; Regional: ?]
gc_seeker2001 [PD: Oct 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes}
rsiv [PD: Sept. 2001; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
greencard007 [PD: Aug 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
foret1 [PD: June 2001; FINAL REVIEW -> CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
mamamiax [PD: May 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
choclito [PD: April 2001; FINAL REVIEW -> CERTIFIED; State DC: Regional: Yes]

Regular
dcmetro22042 [PD:5/1/2003; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Region:11/23/2004]
AwardmyGC [PD: Sep 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: WV; Regional: Yes]
nkvatsan [PD:12/18/2001;CERTIFIED; State: PA; Region:2/27/2004]

schmooze said:
Thanks for sharing the info! I guess these are the first CA approvals posted here :D
vine,
could you add these to your tracker please?

Aprilc..atleast see the context of this discussion

Sir/Madam,
I appreciate the spirit of this email. Here's the thing. When someone asks for advice on this forum different people give them different advice. Tot asked for some advice about his/her case...some people wanted him to do go via company/lawyer and I wanted him/her to email the h1b7yr email thing. Both the advices were in the right spirit and I just didn't agree with the idea of not sending an email for the first time, thats all. It was not intended to offend anyone. Its for Tot to decide whose advice to take..after all both of us are strangers who are trying to help. A lot of people who know of their status today on this forum know it because they decided to email and find out if their data is there in the PBEC database at all. Those who don't agree shouldn't send an email and those who do should send one.

I want you to know that I do appreciate your inputs to the forum but your comments are really uncalled for. I won't have tried to explain this if it was not for you and your valuable inputs to us. If you still want to carry on with this please use the private messenger so that we don't drag new enthusiasts into this unproductive discussion.
aprlc2002 said:
Not to hurt your funfull attitude associated with your user name or something else...

onething is there for sure we are all depressed and in dire strats waiting on PBEC. So it is not a wise/SINCERE thing to enjoy at someone elses cost of it. If someone gives and advice there should be a reason for it. If you cannot take it please keeep quiet.

So all lets not hurt someone on board if you wanna have fun... If you cant resist in having fun it is good to crack jokes on yourself so it makes everyone laugh including you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry...

yours_sincerely said:
Sir/Madam,
I appreciate the spirit of this email. Here's the thing. When someone asks for advice on this forum different people give them different advice. Tot asked for some advice about his/her case...some people wanted him to do go via company/lawyer and I wanted him/her to email the h1b7yr email thing. Both the advices were in the right spirit and I just didn't agree with the idea of not sending an email for the first time, thats all. It was not intended to offend anyone. Its for Tot to decide whose advice to take..after all both of us are strangers who are trying to help. A lot of people who know of their status today on this forum know it because they decided to email and find out if their data is there in the PBEC database at all. Those who don't agree shouldn't send an email and those who do should send one.

I want you to know that I do appreciate your inputs to the forum but your comments are really uncalled for. I won't have tried to explain this if it was not for you and your valuable inputs to us. If you still want to carry on with this please use the private messenger so that we don't drag new enthusiasts into this unproductive discussion.

i apologize if i had offended you for any reason..:) again lets be useful for forum and not ab'useful'

cantstandit said:
hi Aprlc, need your help !

do you know if they are answering to voice msgs or faxes ?! my lawyer faxed/called them regarding a problem with my PD, but they never replied ...

is there another number where someone will pick up the phone ?! that nice lady ??

thank you very much ...

Aprlc,
Please be specific about how should lawer or employer put the query to PBEC? I don't think email works (b/c nobody ever responded to my email), should they call PBEC and talk with Roslyne?

Thanks!

aprlc2002 said:
I guess, they would take 2 to three weeks at the min and 4 weeks if yours is the last for complete process. Infact I some how heard that they were running out of resources such as the stamps and other logistical requirements. I hope they fill them up and expedite this process too... :)

wait a minute, let me guess, if you have info about things like out of stamps/water etc, i think you are also working at pbec or have some one other than rosyln who is your good friend!!

I guess i am not even close ha?? will try something next time ): :)

communication

melindwang said:
Aprlc,
Please be specific about how should lawer or employer put the query to PBEC? I don't think email works (b/c nobody ever responded to my email), should they call PBEC and talk with Roslyne?

Thanks!

Hi,

Make your lawyer or employer talk to PBEC not necessarily with Rosilyn but, with anyone who answers. And ask him to explain your situation it all depends upon how your attorney could convince the person :) or I guess the best way is your employer HR talking to them where they can really understand your situation and more clearly explained

aprlc2002 said:
Hi,

Make your lawyer or employer talk to PBEC not necessarily with Rosilyn but, with anyone who answers. And ask him to explain your situation it all depends upon how your attorney could convince the person :) or I guess the best way is your employer HR talking to them where they can really understand your situation and more clearly explained

Aprlc,
Thanks for your advice. I will persuade my lawyer or employer to try next week. Have a nice weekend!

Melinda

Congrats aprlc2002

aprlc2002: Hope you have moved to a higher queue by now. It is good to see '02 data-points at PBEC with pressure to move forward given that DBEC is at '03. May the Red Sea part for les miserables yearning to reach the promised land.

Remember the Md Rafi & Asha Bhonsle song,
"Abhi na jaao chhod kar
Ke DOL abhi ubhraa nahin"

[For the non-Hindi speakers, it probably translates to 'Thambhi, Thambhi, sat on a wall....]

So DOL ke ubharne ke samachar hame dete rehna. Hopefully you will continue to provide periodic info to your old stomping ground.

-Tikal

not soon

tikal said:
aprlc2002: Hope you have moved to a higher queue by now. It is good to see '02 data-points at PBEC with pressure to move forward given that DBEC is at '03. May the Red Sea part for les miserables yearning to reach the promised land.

Remember the Md Rafi & Asha Bhonsle song,
"Abhi na jaao chhod kar
Ke DOL abhi ubhraa nahin"

[For the non-Hindi speakers, it probably translates to 'Thambhi, Thambhi, sat on a wall....]

So DOL ke ubharne ke samachar hame dete rehna. Hopefully you will continue to provide periodic info to your old stomping ground.

-Tikal

I told all of you guys before... I know the pain of waiting for labor since this is very uncertain stages of all labor petitions. unfortunately if in this stage we had a denial or a delay we have to start our career all over again. I know the pain and frustration.... I will keep you updated for sure but may be or may be not so frequently... But I will for sure provide you with critical updates which may cherish or perish our hopes to build our golden careers...

I can read write and understand converstions hindi, tamil, telugu, kannada of course along with english.. :) but am not old still young :)

NJ given least priority

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer of this group for a long time. Eversince BECs have been established, I have noticed least activity for NJ cases.

Earlier NJ SWA had the longest wait (alongside NY) and even with PBEC, I have observed that MD,VA,WV,DC etc all these states have either recieved higher number of 45 Day letters and even approvals whereas NJ cases as old as 2001/2002 have not recieved neither 45 day letters nor approvals.

Why is DOL/USCIS/PBEC biased against NJ? I can understand that the volume of cases might be more but if FIFO is being followed then why people from MD are getting approvals faster than NJ? ( I have nothing against people from MD or any other state) my honest intention is to point at the weakness in the procedure being followed.

My friends who applied from IL/CT in 2003 are sitting comfortably with EAD in their hands whereas people like us are suffering. Althogh my PD is much later than those guys but I will still spend a lot more time getting a GC than they did.

Your thoughts..

Screen Shots ?

Hi Gurus,

How and where could I get a screen shot of my case?. Next year I should start processing my H1B7YR extention, Does this qualify me to be able to send an email to H1br7YR@........?. I have not even gotten either my case number or a 45-d letter. My PD is Jan 2002 coming from Atlanta Regional tough.
I really hopre you can help me out here.........

Thanks,
UrgentV

Backlog centers have given a reason why they were unable to process in FIFO order. Now that the backlog center have almost near the completion of partial or full data entry, I think they follow FIFO from now on.Aprlc2002 had also mentioned that the backlog centers may not send 45 day letters from now on.If that is the case, we should see approvals for NJ by Oct-Nov.

DBLC worked better than PBLC till now.Hopefully, PBLC will start approving fast in the future.

RIR,EB2, NJ, 09/2002, NO 45 day letter
8th year on H1B
New Jersey Company 1 laid off when about to get my labor cleared after waiting more than 2 years
New Jersey company 2 - Waiting from past 3 years for the labor to clear

Imagine how frustated I would be. Most of my friends got thier GC's 3-4 years back and several who filed after me from other states after I joined second company have GC'S now.

Now that they have PERM, for every future applicants it takes same time whether you file from NY or NJ or from some other states for which labors were approving quick earlier. PERM is too late for the earlier applicants and many of us stuck in this transition.

talktome said:
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer of this group for a long time. Eversince BECs have been established, I have noticed least activity for NJ cases.

Earlier NJ SWA had the longest wait (alongside NY) and even with PBEC, I have observed that MD,VA,WV,DC etc all these states have either recieved higher number of 45 Day letters and even approvals whereas NJ cases as old as 2001/2002 have not recieved neither 45 day letters nor approvals.

Why is DOL/USCIS/PBEC biased against NJ? I can understand that the volume of cases might be more but if FIFO is being followed then why people from MD are getting approvals faster than NJ? ( I have nothing against people from MD or any other state) my honest intention is to point at the weakness in the procedure being followed.

My friends who applied from IL/CT in 2003 are sitting comfortably with EAD in their hands whereas people like us are suffering. Althogh my PD is much later than those guys but I will still spend a lot more time getting a GC than they did.

Your thoughts..

Last edited by a moderator:
CA north ?

Super .. dooper.. CA is now on the list ..

btw .. though u r in CA North .. those LCs are from CA right ? The reason I ask is I am from NY [last 6 yrs].. but mine was filed from CA, now in pbec .. never flew towards west so far :)

LC_Wait2Years said:
I saw a post earlier saying PBEC is processing cases of Qtr4 2001, but I Just heard from my attorney today that he recently received a couple of LC approvals with priority date arount March 2002. By the way, We are in CA North.

frustration follows another frustration

This is really frustration. sorry buddy.
RJ_NJ2002 said:
Backlog centers have given a reason why they were unable to process in FIFO order. Now that the backlog center have almost near the completion of partial or full data entry, I think they follow FIFO from now on.Aprlc2002 had also mentioned that the backlog centers may not send 45 day letters from now on.If that is the case, we should see approvals for NJ by Oct-Nov.

DBLC worked better than PBLC till now.Hopefully, PBLC will start approving fast in the future.

8th year on H1B
New Jersey Company 1 laid off when about to get my labor cleared after waiting more than 2 years

Imagine how frustated I would be. Most of my friends got thier GC's 3-4 years back and several who filed after me from other states after I joined second company have GC'S now.

Now that they have PERM, for every future applicants it takes same time whether you file from NY or NJ or from some other states for which labors were approving quick earlier. PERM is too late for the earlier applicants and many of us stuck in this transition.

Dont worry

I guess, u shd see the 'Certified' any time now, u r from MD ... or not toooooo far ..
Cheers

sruju_nyn said:
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member. I am waiting for my labor approval since 4 years. Applied in May 2002 in MaryLand, till today I don't the status and I don't know what's happening in Phil Backlog center.

If anybody knows more info. Pls reply.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Super

Hi aprlc2002,

I appreciate your reply. If u wanted to increase the number of pages in this forum .. u could have easily done .. by starting another argument :) You behaved nicely.

Btw, I have small/some suggestions for this forum :

Lets not reply any H1b 7yr cases please. .. guys are asking basic info like where should I send it ? what does this status mean . .etc.. etc.. For those who sent those mails, please dont think i am against you. I am also on the same boat . .recently applied my 7th year extn.. thru my attorney.. there are multiple threads in this site .. please take some time to visit those and find the info. lets not live in a fast food world .. lets spend some time in finding the info .. if u dont find here, which i doubt, please feel free to post it in the appropriate thread ..

another point .. i am seeing some posting like .. 'my case was filed in this year, this month, this date, this state and it is in pbec .. what do u think about this case ? when do u think when this case will be approved ? etc.. etc.. i can think mine will be approved tomorrow .. but it has to happen :) please wait .. show your patience .. remember there are 'some' good guys around who gives excellent info. lets not bug them. worst case .. still u want to know about your case .. send him a private message rather than putting it in the post ..

guys, please dont get offended with this posting .. lets keep up the spirits .. now we are seeing some approvals from pbec .. lets post those info only :)

have fun.

aprlc2002 said:
i apologize if i had offended you for any reason..:) again lets be useful for forum and not ab'useful'

I have exact situation as yours.....got laid off when 1st NJ company when about to have my lc certified and still waiting for my gc for almost three years already.....got a lot of "gc" friends as well...you know the pain.
RJ_NJ2002 said:

8th year on H1B

Hey, I found a buddy with similar situation.Atleast you are one step ahead of me as I still have not recieved 45 day letter even though I filed in Sept 2002.If they start sending 45 day letter again, it will delay my process. Good luck to you and please do post if you get certified.

NJ Oct02-PD said:
I have exact situation as yours.....got laid off when 1st NJ company when about to have my lc certified and still waiting for my gc for almost three years already.....got a lot of "gc" friends as well...you know the pain.