Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

cantstandit said:
I would say, if the employer wants to file PERM, go for it.

Now, if you ask "does it increase the time", the answer is almost 100% yes, because if your wife's PERM get approved, she'll probably get stuck due to PD retrogression (assuming you guys are from the retrogressed countries), therefore it might take her a couple of years to get her GC.

Another thing is, once she gets a GC, then you can apply for yours based on hers, but that will also takes even LONGER because of retrogression, etc. But at least she would be allowed to work.

bottomline is, there's no easy way at all ...

good luck !

Partly wrong. Husband and wife should file I140/I485 together, not separately. Also, if she can file as EB2 and concurrent I140/I485, and EAD, AP, when you are going to get the CARD is not that important anymore.

HopeFulorLess, is it possible for you to post your friend's case details? Thanks.

HopeFulorLess said:
Very glad to see the progress of PBEC although I'm still waiting endlessly. My friend called me yesterday that his lawyer receved his certified letter.

whatheheck said:
May be we can follow the guidelines.

1. 45 days not recieved - Send an email immediately (atleast you'll get T-number)
2. Status "Incomplete" - Enquire after November.
3. Data Review - Early October.
4. RIR/TR - 45 days after recieving first case status response from BEC.
5. Final Review - Between 2-4 weeks
5. Certified - Never do it again.

What do you guys think?

very good point, Whattheheck, I'm gonna follow that

Dedo said:
Hi all,

I am awaiting my Labor approval and was told by my company's lawyer that they responded to a 45 day letter in Feb, but have not heard any more. From reading this forum it seems that you all are able to get a lot more information on your case by contacting the PBEC. I would like to do that as well but I do not have my case number and my co.'s attorneys will not give it to me (company policy). Is there any way I can get my case number or the status of my case without the case number?

Please advise

Thanks

Here is what I know:
TR LC filed in 4/2003 (MD)
Moved to regional in 8/2004
45 day received in 2/2005
responded 2/2005

Is your LC filed in EB2 or EB3?
Mine is filed at the same time but never made it to regional.

Thanks

cantstandit said:
:rolleyes:

I totally agree ... my concern is that when they start receiving hundreds or thousands of emails per day, they might shut it down for good.

How about this suggestion, folks:

- if you have NEVER checked your status, do it once;

- after that, how about we commit to checking it only ONCE A MONTH ?? nothing really happens in shorter spans, so it would be pointless.

If we follow these guidelines, we'll be able to use this valuable resource for a long time, and we'll probably need it.

I'll not check mine until end of September.

There are more than 340,000 cases at BECs If we follow your suggestion there will be more than 3 millions requests in a year !
guys, I have been waiting for my LC for 5 years now. I managed to refrain from checking the status and will do it when I will hve to file for the next H1 extension.

It is not nice on part of DOL to keep us in the dark. But is is also not nice on our part to create troubles to those who really needs proof of existance.

Let's not go down to the level of DOL.

Existence Check:Overridden

I just recieved a response from the PBEC. I could not understand what this meant exactly....

Can somebody advice me what this means?

Thanks,
- Kiran

I totally agree that we should not abuse the system, but please understand that people just want to check their case status. It's becoming even more necessary after all those silly PBEC mistakes posted here.

I am definitely for the status check if you are yet to get the 45-day letter and desparately want to confirm your case status. After that, however, any further inquiry will be unnecessary, especially if you PD is after 2003.

Question on the screen shot

I got the screen shot from PBEC(H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US.) However, the case status column shows just "R". Is it RIR? Any body in the same boat as me?

-----------------------
CA-EB3-RIR
PD-05/16/2002
RD-06/18/2003
45 replied in Mar '05
P-04308-318xx

Specify the case number if you have one

I specified the ETA case number, Alien Name and Employer name and asked for the status. I sent the request last night before I went to bed and got the response this morning. Try it again.

----------------------------
CA-EB3-RIR
PD-05/16/2002
RD-06/18/2003
45 replied in Mar '05
P-04308-318xx

Kiran00,

Is your case received date same as your PD on the screen shot?

Overriden - Icarus has posted the meaning on the DBEC thread. If I'm not mistaken, it is the employer existence check. Overriden means - corrected. cannot remember exactly what he said but I think it's not a big problem. My screen shot doesn't show the existence check.

Wonder why? :confused:

==========================

Dying for GC,

Would you tell me your case received date and PD, are they same?
Thanks a lot.
=============================

kiran00 said:
I just recieved a response from the PBEC. I could not understand what this meant exactly....

Can somebody advice me what this means?

Thanks,
- Kiran

update

just saw the approval letter. it is indeed dated august 1st. but screen shot i got from bec on aug 9th (that i STILL have) shows case status=final review. doesn't make sense! are they sending out the letter before changing the status in their dbse? hmm...another puzzle to the mystery that's dol/bec i guess...no sense trying to figure out how they work or applying any logic.

well maybe, all of you out there in final review have really been certified and letters are on the way. i hope!!!

foret1 said:
something doesn't make sense though. according to the lawyer, the letter is dated Aug 1st. But the screen shot i got from pbec on Aug 9th showed final review. how can the letter then be dated Aug 1st? anyways i will let you guys/gals know once i see the letter myself...in case it might help you estimate how long it takes from final review -> certified -> letter.

VAGCwaiting said:
Kiran00,

Is your case received date same as your PD on the screen shot?

Overriden - Icarus has posted the meaning on the DBEC thread. If I'm not mistaken, it is the employer existence check. Overriden means - corrected. cannot remember exactly what he said but I think it's not a big problem. My screen shot doesn't show the existence check.

Wonder why? :confused:

==========================

Dying for GC,

Would you tell me your case received date and PD, are they same?
Thanks a lot.
=============================

Thanks for pointing it to me.... I am for a moment shocked to see that Case Receving Date is 9/29/2004 where as Priority Date is 5/17/2002.

Do you know what this means?

cantstandit said:
:rolleyes:

I totally agree ... my concern is that when they start receiving hundreds or thousands of emails per day, they might shut it down for good.

How about this suggestion, folks:

- if you have NEVER checked your status, do it once;

- after that, how about we commit to checking it only ONCE A MONTH ?? nothing really happens in shorter spans, so it would be pointless.

If we follow these guidelines, we'll be able to use this valuable resource for a long time, and we'll probably need it.

I'll not check mine until end of September.

I agree that this is good apporach, still someone new should spend sometine in digging the forum resources to find the obvious answers. Agreed everyone has specific cases but with lil diligence we can figure it out. We all will be more than happy to assist with our understanding of this whole process.

I know for myself that I checked my status for 7th year extnesion, I have PD of 12/02. the status was RIR. Now there is no point for me to check it again in next 1 month or so until i start seeing the apporovals for PDs after that and then I would be really worried.

>>> Most of the Q are being asked by 45 day letter. Dont worry abt 45 day letters is not important now. Even people like me who got this letter 8 mnoths will only get apporvals when PD queue reaches to me.

Again this is a suggestion , above all we are all free to do what we want. System is there to help us (7th yr email) , it may not be perfect.
But we should use it for good, in our anxiousness lets not spoil the whole process and create problems for legit cases...

thanks

Kiran00,

Priority Date is the date that the SWA received your case. It will be used in the final stage when you file for I485. If you have a earlier priority date, your case will be process first.

I'm not sure about the case receiving date. I am guessing it is the date that PBEC received the case. For some reason, my case receiving date is showing the same as my PD. I don't know why. Most people posted the screen shots before and their case received date is not the same as PD. :confused:

kiran00 said:
Thanks for pointing it to me.... I am for a moment shocked to see that Case Receving Date is 9/29/2004 where as Priority Date is 5/17/2002.

Do you know what this means?

TOTT said:
I HAVE FILED MY CASE IN DEC 2002 UNDER RIR IN CATEGORY EB3. I HAVE NO PD OR LETTER FROM ANYBODY AS YET. WHAT IS THE PROGRESS & WHERE DO I STAND
:confused: :confused:

Ask your attorney/Employer to Call (no email ) to them and they will definitely be able to get answer for you. If you are in 7th yr extension zone then you can definitely send email

a useful link for updated LC info

Guys,

Please check the following link for the most updated info related to LC and Perm, etc.

http://www.immigration-law.com/

I found it useful on the following issues: 1) the recent bill-to-pass on EB-3, which will turn EB-3 people to file 140/485 at the same time; 2) the recent change of the DOL's 8/8/2005 regulation; 3) the comments that they made.

I hope you find this helpful!

The same here

RajeevMehta said:
How come everyone is getting reply from H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US? I sent an email to them and they replied back that this email is strictly used or 7th year extension !

The same happened to me... I was thinking on trying Dallas. My fear is that they don't have anything and that 4 years of waiting have been lost in the move from NY to PA.