Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

KGC05 said:
Change the subject line to "7th Year Extension" if you are really looking for H1 extension at this time.

Well if you are not in need of the 7th year extension, you shouldn't abuse the system ... but that might be the only way to get information :rolleyes:

Need Advice

Hi Gurus
my PD is nov 2003, and my hib 6th year is expiring in sep 2006, to get the advantage of new PERM and cut the time of waiting, I have talked to my company and they are willing to file the labor for my wife under PERM with the intent of future emploeyment as office manager. Once she get the labor approived , my lawyer told me that we can then file GC based on her approved labor. My question is ,first of all is it a good thing to do and second is does it increase the time of getting green card, or should I wait and just go with the flow.

Thanks in advance

tot-batot said:
Hi Gurus
my PD is nov 2003, and my hib 6th year is expiring in sep 2006, to get the advantage of new PERM and cut the time of waiting, I have talked to my company and they are willing to file the labor for my wife under PERM with the intent of future emploeyment as office manager. Once she get the labor approived , my lawyer told me that we can then file GC based on her approved labor. My question is ,first of all is it a good thing to do and second is does it increase the time of getting green card, or should I wait and just go with the flow.

Thanks in advance

Go for it man !!!! Your application and your wife are two separate things ... it's a race against time and she might be able to get it way before you do . So if your company offers and your lawyer is ok with it don't even hesitate ... :D

email to PBEC

Correct me if i am wrong.

we send an email to

H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US: if on 6/7th year of H1B1 visa
status@phi.dflc.us: if we need the status info irrespective of H1B1 visa years remaining. as long as we have an application at PBEC.

I have seen that ppl who emailed to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US, only received an email back. is this true.

did any one not on the 6/7th year and emailed to status@phi.dflc.us get a response back? if so please let us know and also let us know the format of the email sent.

would be great help
Thanx

Dont mention you need case status

MDwatch said:
I have done the same and never got anything back either. Someone can enlighten us ? Thanks

If you mention that you need case status they will never respond instead you should write that you need Proof of Pending labor for H1 B extension.

Don't worry

Data Review is not part of the status.

It is the heading of the next section on the computer screen.
First section is 'Case Information'
Second Section is 'Data Review'
Third section is 'Traditional Recruitment'
Fourth one is 'Reduction in Recruitment'

When these analysts cut an paste, one of might have selected until Data Review and it would have ended up in your screent shot under case status. Yours is still in RIR.

For e.g. Data Review section contains fields like Date Submitted, Correction Letter Generated, etc..... i.e all the date related stuff related to the case. Nothing more.

So bottom line yours is still in RIR.

SlipperyGC said:
Case status was just RIR. Responded to 45DL on 2/05. Please let me know what this means?

RIR/CA/EB3
PD: 09/25/03
RD: 10/04/04
BEC#: P-04303-30451
RECD 45DL: 02/17/05
RPLD 45DL: 02/23/05

whats wrong with people

It Specifically has been mentioned that email id is only for 7th year extension then why its hard to people to understand that. Please refrain for sending the enquiries. This might have negative effect on genuine cases.

What if they stop responding to even genuine queries then ??????

There are already enough issues and we bring upon more problems on ourselves. Please go thru the post on the forum. They provide enough information w/o sending the emails.

mdgc2001 said:
Data Review is not part of the status.

It is the heading of the next section on the computer screen.
First section is 'Case Information'
Second Section is 'Data Review'

Very well explained.

Ss

I attach a sample screen shot that shows the Data Review section. There are several other sections like that below it. I erased the details of my case from the fields. 'Case Information' is typicall what you get as screen shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, whatheheck,

Hopefully you will get certified soon. May I ask you a question, did your case make to the regional before got trasferred to PBEC?
whatheheck said:
Very well explained.

Got the screen shot

I got the screen shot from PBEC(H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US.) However, the case status column shows just "R". Is it RIR? Any body in the same boat as me?
Please explain.

Exactly.
People - please do not send emails to 7th year extension mailbox if you dont need an extension.

We are hurting ourselves. DOL has already done enough to hurt us but let us not do the same.

I know everyone who sends an email hopes to see "certified". PBEC seems to be going by PD and so if you are not in range, you are not going to be certified as of now.

Then when people see "RIR, "Data Review" they make a post asking what is "RIR" and what is Data review which has been explained a zillion times.

gc_ka_wait said:
It Specifically has been mentioned that email id is only for 7th year extension then why its hard to people to understand that. Please refrain for sending the enquiries. This might have negative effect on genuine cases.

What if they stop responding to even genuine queries then ??????

There are already enough issues and we bring upon more problems on ourselves. Please go thru the post on the forum. They provide enough information w/o sending the emails.

Kahada said:
Hi, whatheheck,

Hopefully you will get certified soon. May I ask you a question, did your case make to the regional before got trasferred to PBEC?

Yes Kahada,
Thanks and hopefully i'll get my LC very soon. Yes my case was cleared from MD SWA and went to regional on Aug'04

tot-batot said:
Hi Gurus

Thanks in advance

I would say, if the employer wants to file PERM, go for it.

Now, if you ask "does it increase the time", the answer is almost 100% yes, because if your wife's PERM get approved, she'll probably get stuck due to PD retrogression (assuming you guys are from the retrogressed countries), therefore it might take her a couple of years to get her GC.

Another thing is, once she gets a GC, then you can apply for yours based on hers, but that will also takes even LONGER because of retrogression, etc. But at least she would be allowed to work.

bottomline is, there's no easy way at all ...

good luck !

Thanks, Then I guess the RIR queue for regional cases might be somewhere at Feb, 2002. I understand there is only one RIR queue, but it could be one group of people works only on regional and another group on state. Anyway, that is only my understanding here.

whatheheck said:
Yes Kahada,
Thanks and hopefully i'll get my LC very soon. Yes my case was cleared from MD SWA and went to regional on Aug'04

:rolleyes:
jnathan said:
Exactly.
People - please do not send emails to 7th year extension mailbox if you dont need an extension.

We are hurting ourselves. DOL has already done enough to hurt us but let us not do the same.

I know everyone who sends an email hopes to see "certified". PBEC seems to be going by PD and so if you are not in range, you are not going to be certified as of now.

Then when people see "RIR, "Data Review" they make a post asking what is "RIR" and what is Data review which has been explained a zillion times.

I totally agree ... my concern is that when they start receiving hundreds or thousands of emails per day, they might shut it down for good.

How about this suggestion, folks:

- if you have NEVER checked your status, do it once;

- after that, how about we commit to checking it only ONCE A MONTH ?? nothing really happens in shorter spans, so it would be pointless.

If we follow these guidelines, we'll be able to use this valuable resource for a long time, and we'll probably need it.

I'll not check mine until end of September.

cantstandit said:

I totally agree ... my concern is that when they start receiving hundreds or thousands of emails per day, they might shut it down for good.

May be we can follow the guidelines.

1. 45 days not recieved - Send an email immediately (atleast you'll get T-number)
2. Status "Incomplete" - Enquire after November.
3. Data Review - Early October.
4. RIR/TR - 45 days after recieving first case status response from BEC.
5. Final Review - Between 2-4 weeks
5. Certified - Never do it again.

What do you guys think?

I could agree about checking once.... but once a month!? Just count it. PBEC is supposed to have 180,000 cases (half of the backlog). There are 22 working days in a month. 180,000/22 = ~8,200 emails a day!!! As far as I remember (per Icarus) only one person at a BEC is replying to those emails. Could you do 8,000 status checks and replies every day? 17 every minute for continuous 8 hours?

Even though some of us use foul words referring to people working at PBEC, they are still *people* and (as anyone of us) would hate to do useless work for hours every day.

So, request if you have a valid reason or a valid concern, but NOT because you're too tired to wait or curious about what's happening.

cantstandit said:

How about this suggestion, folks:

- if you have NEVER checked your status, do it once;

- after that, how about we commit to checking it only ONCE A MONTH ?? nothing really happens in shorter spans, so it would be pointless.

If we follow these guidelines, we'll be able to use this valuable resource for a long time, and we'll probably need it.

I'll not check mine until end of September.

Last edited by a moderator:
igor_ch said:
I could agree about checking once.... but once a month!? Just count it. PBEC is supposed to have 180,000 cases (half of the backlog). There are 22 working days in a month. 180,000/22 = ~8,200 emails a day!!! As far as I remember (per Icarus) only one person at a BEC is replying to those emails. Could you do 8,000 status checks and replies every day? 17 every minute for continuous 8 hours?

Even though some of us use foul words referring to people working at PBEC, they are still *people* and (as anyone of us) would hate to do useless work for hours every day.

So, request if you have a valid reason or a valid concern, but NOT because you're too tired to wait or curious about what's happening.
I totally agree with igor_ch. We cant do much with the T-Number other than knowing that the case is not lost. It's good if we dont contact BECs with status checks for no reason. If you can't supress the curiosity, then send emails. I hope atleast few of us will postpone the idea of sending emails for status checks after looking at the number of status checks/minute breakdown given by igor_ch.

Wish you all a speedy approval.