Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

GC_from_NJ said:
Even though he has his labor cleared thru' PERM he will not be able to use his old PD for filing 485 since it has to get the LC first. If he does not fall under retrogression then he should be able to file for 485 soon.

This discussion might be off-topic but what the heck.... ;)[/QUOTtE]
Right. That is why I said he is luck to file for I485 now. If his PERM is approved one month later, he may not be able to file for it immediately.
I have written lots of out-of-topic stuff here. The folks in the forum are kind enough to endure me. :p ;)

Thanks for reply...
mudra1234 said:
cherrygums said:
Does anyone have a RIR on your screen shot (on your processing type) when you requested for your H1B extension but your processing type is Non-RIR…
Case Information

I have anon-rir app and the screen shot says Case type: RIR
Another user on this forum had the same error in the screen shot.
wonder whats going on
MUD

werner said:
You dont need 180 days!
the process is simple, day 0, your employer place a job order with the State Work office ( takes ten minutes) , this must be posted at least 30 days + 30 days of waiting time
at the mean time ad for consecutive sundays ,between day 0 and day 30, the request ( must be placed for the employer)
employer web page ad, carreer search web page and other source ads must be placed between day 0 and day 30.
at day 60 ( 2 month after SWA job order ) is ready to apply!
i received the answer a month from the date of the filling.
stop fighthing with PBEC , use the new system, day O is today!!
check with your attorney
Congrats! Can I ask you one quick question. Did you file your PERM through your current Employer or has it been filed through Future Employment, Can you please let me know . I was planning to do mine through PERM from the Current Employer which has been already filed through RIR/EB2 in 2004. Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.
Srini_md

Just like Ray,

He sent inquiry to Philly and got a screenshot showing that his new ETA number.

there are 2 email addresses, one is status and the other is for 7th extension.

It's your own judgement whether to send the inquiry and it depends on luck if they reply or not.

At least I send once and no luck at all. I have to say it's inappropriate, but ...

chinglun said:
hi fogman1 ,
do you mean even we receive 45 day letter ?
we still can send the request to PBEC for a ETA number ?

or there is another place to send for this request ?

thanks
[/QUOTE]

understood ..thanks

fogman1 said:
Just like Ray,

He sent inquiry to Philly and got a screenshot showing that his new ETA number.

there are 2 email addresses, one is status and the other is for 7th extension.

It's your own judgement whether to send the inquiry and it depends on luck if they reply or not.

At least I send once and no luck at all. I have to say it's inappropriate, but ...
[/QUOTE]

Congrats Werner,

Did you pull out your old labor case from BEC? I am in the process of filing of EB2/PERM, my EB3/RIR in PBEC is driving me crazy!

PBEC Labor

Hi,

Did anyone with a EB3 RIR having PD of Sep 2002 get their Labor Cleared from PBEC? Just curious as I have been seeing quite a few approvals in this forum.

Thanks

this is a tough question ... dont think anyone can answer you

Just wait and see ... hopefully there will be some official updates from DOL in September . fight on !! :)

nanba said:
Hi,

Did anyone with a EB3 RIR having PD of Sep 2002 get their Labor Cleared from PBEC? Just curious as I have been seeing quite a few approvals in this forum.

Thanks

fogman1 , which is to check status ?

I know the H1 extention email ,

which one is for checking case number or status ?

is it possible to send to both DBEC and PBEC?

thanks

status@phi.DFLC.US & status@DAL.DFLC.US
h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

Status email used to work back several months ago. I got my ETA number by sending inquiry before I got the 45-day letter.

I think most people shoot 7th year extension email address, although not every one face this problem. This may not sound ethical, but it may be the last resort if you really are desperate to find out status. But don't expect them to reply to you right away...

chinglun said:
I know the H1 extention email ,

which one is for checking case number or status ?

is it possible to send to both DBEC and PBEC?

thanks

just sent to both Dallas and Phily ,

If they can reply, that is great. If no reply, that is also ok ...

didn't you send emails to them ? no reply yet ?

thanks

fogman1 said:
h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

Status email used to work back several months ago. I got my ETA number by sending inquiry before I got the 45-day letter.

I think most people shoot 7th year extension email address, although not every one face this problem. This may not sound ethical, but it may be the last resort if you really are desperate to find out status. But don't expect them to reply to you right away...

BEC or PERM

All the gurus,
I have RIR filed in NY on May 2004. My case is in PA BEC without any 45-day letter yet. I just renewed 7th year H1 till May 2006. My attorney think the glitch in PERM may settle down a little so he suggest me to try convert RIR into PERM. I have read all the post in this thread and heard the suggestion not to convert. I appreciate if anyone can help me clarify my concerns:
1. If I prepare filing PERM in Aug 2005 with my H1 expire in May 2006 and if the process doesn't go smoothly like some guys in this forum, how can I renew my h1 if I convert RIR into PERM?
2. If I file a new PERM while keeping my RIR pending in BEC, can I file same position in same company or I have to change position description? I was Software Engieer in RIR. What kind of position will be considered as different position than the one in RIR?
3. I was working in NY office. But NY office has moved since filing in last May. Now my company will close its CA headquarter and consolidate into current new NY office. I read through the requiremnt as of IDENTICAL employer/address. Am I totally unqualified to convert RIR just by this address change?

thanks a ton

ETA Number

fogman1 said:
h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

How much time it took you to get 45 days letter after getting the ETA number from the status e-mail?

It is difficult to draw any conclusions, PERM pre-filling process will still take @2-3 months, and moreover if continuing same RIR case, then it has to exactly same as old RIR case. Also i have received some feed backs from other guys that if your application has PD of 2003 or older PERM is approved within a month or in days or even in hours! otherwise it takes @3-5 months based on old application PD. But in your case it would be worth try.

srini_md said:
Congrats! Can I ask you one quick question. Did you file your PERM through your current Employer or has it been filed through Future Employment, Can you please let me know . I was planning to do mine through PERM from the Current Employer which has been already filed through RIR/EB2 in 2004. Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.
Srini_md

Should I switch to PERM?

Hi

My company applied LC (EB2, RIR) for me at Aug, 2002 from NJ. Now my file should be at BEC. But not 45 letter. My H1-B will be expired by middle of 2007. Do your guys think it is a good idea for me to switch to PERM?

Thanks!

srini_md said:

Thanks in Advance.
Srini_md

PERM must be filed according to your current califications.
in my case i kept the RIR case and filed a new one for PERM, since the positions are diferent were two separate cases ( 2 tickets to win this lottery).
if you are now in the same position maybe you can not have two cases.
ask your attorney, but i'm convinced that PERm is doing much better that the PBEC

Last edited by a moderator:
My receipt date was June 30. Application was sent to Vermont center. I received the H-4 approval in mail last Friday. I guess H-1 approval goes to the lawyer. I have not heard from them. Mine is regular non-premium processing.

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi guys,

Sorry for asking this dumb question,but I need to know how long does it take from the application to the approval date for 7th Year H-1B extension(non-Premium case).

I apologize in advance for asking this question in this forum, but please do not shoot me :D

My attorney filed my LC in October 2004. However, I have not received any form of acknowlegement from INS indicating that they have received my LC. Can anyone tell me what to do in order to get some tracking information of my LC status from the INS ?

Sincerely appreciate your help !