Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congratulations NkVatsan

Could you please let us know the first two digits of the last part of your CAse ID ?

Becasue mine is P-04301-28xxx. I am just curious to understand whether PBEC is going by the Data entry order.

not possible, NY, Nov, 2001 never made it to regional

atyagi73 said:
Is it possible that these approvals are from NY DOL ?

NY state cutoff date for going to NY DOL (regional) was Mid-september 2001 filer as I remember. It is not possible for November 2001 RIR going to regional level.

which state? Pennsylvania?

philadelphia is the DOL regional center you case have made, right?

which state SWA did you initially filed?

nkvatsan said:
mdgc2001,
It was filed in philadelphia.

Hi, Songlan,
Thanks so much for your detailed reply, it is helpful. I only have 17 months left for my H1B, but I am fed up by this whole process and really have no initiative now to start the PERM, not to say whether my employer is willing to help me refile it or not. I am thinking about waiting till the end of this year to see if I can hear anything from Philly, if not, I will try to talk to my employer about PERM.

Thanks again for your help! I understand how much you have gone thru and I am happy for you. I also wish that all people here can be happy eventually, after such a long long wait.

i read about another approval in the philly BEC tracker thread:

posted by nkvatsan :

Guys..Guys,
Happy moments finally.Got the labor approved after 3.5 years of wait time.Thanks for all the valuable inputs you guys have been posting here.I spoke to my lawyer on friday asking him to contact the PBEC and he finally did call them on friday and got the message saying the labor has been approved.It has come to situation where it became a dream, and it became true finally.Here are the case details
EB3-NON RIR
DOL RECEIVED DATE : FEB 27th,2004
PRIORITY DATE : 12/18/2001
CASE # : P-04278-XXXXX
45 DAY LETTER NOTICE REPLIED : MARCH 2005

Good luck to all of you and thanks again for all the valuable inputs

http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=4694050912&m=793104628

cal03

Last edited by a moderator:
fogman1, I guess I am not the lucky one

I gor reply from PBEC ... that is quite quick ...

I sent it last evening, and receive it just now ..

prioirty date is 7/31/2002 .

case status : RIR

no other details ... guess have to wait ...

This is a situation directed to those who have their LC somewhere in the backlog centers under the EB-2 category and are considering applying thru PERM with a new employer.

EB-2 retrogression is rumored and will affect primarily nationals of India, China, Philippines and Mexico at first, but we're unsure how it will affect citizens of other countries. Personally I do not belong to any of those groups but I'm definitely concerned about the consequences of a widespread EB-2 retrogression.

This is where I stand: Having my current LC with a Priority date of 08/2004, I've found a potential employer that will process PERM (I'm still negotiating the details but I'm trying to get them to accept processing right away after joining!). PERM should be approved relatively fast after going thru all their job posting advertisements, etc. Then, I'll apply I-140 and I-485 simultaneously but since my new priority date will change due to a new LC dated say, 12/2005, my main concern is that I will not be elligible to obtain a visa number and given that now my new PD is so recent, my chances of obtaining an EAD for my spouse are negatively impacted. In other words, I'm trying to assess what would happen if I follow the PERM route, would I be in a worse situation or actually, a better situation since I'd be able to file the I-485 and hence, obtain an EAD in a faster timeframe...

Don't know if I expressed my question clearly enough, but please any insight, thoughts, will be greatly appreciated... Anybody on a similar boat?

Thanks!

you will not be able to file I-485 unless the EB-2 visa numbers are available for you priority date and therefore can not obtain EAD.

given the way things are going, it might be a while (at least a year or so) before Philli Backlog center starts processing 2004 RIR applications.

you may not loose much, in terms of retrogression, by filing PERM since the new priority date is within a year of your old one..

That is just my opinion anyway...

acgv said:
This is a situation directed to those who have their LC somewhere in the backlog centers under the EB-2 category and are considering applying thru PERM with a new employer.

EB-2 retrogression is rumored and will affect primarily nationals of India, China, Philippines and Mexico at first, but we're unsure how it will affect citizens of other countries. Personally I do not belong to any of those groups but I'm definitely concerned about the consequences of a widespread EB-2 retrogression.

This is where I stand: Having my current LC with a Priority date of 08/2004, I've found a potential employer that will process PERM (I'm still negotiating the details but I'm trying to get them to accept processing right away after joining!). PERM should be approved relatively fast after going thru all their job posting advertisements, etc. Then, I'll apply I-140 and I-485 simultaneously but since my new priority date will change due to a new LC dated say, 12/2005, my main concern is that I will not be elligible to obtain a visa number and given that now my new PD is so recent, my chances of obtaining an EAD for my spouse are negatively impacted. In other words, I'm trying to assess what would happen if I follow the PERM route, would I be in a worse situation or actually, a better situation since I'd be able to file the I-485 and hence, obtain an EAD in a faster timeframe...

Don't know if I expressed my question clearly enough, but please any insight, thoughts, will be greatly appreciated... Anybody on a similar boat?

Thanks!

Not to discourage any 2004 GC applicants but with the retrogression it might be anywhere between 2-3 years before your LC is cleared. PERM can be a better option if you are able to file 140 and 485 together and get EAD in 90 days.

schmooze said:
you will not be able to file I-485 unless the EB-2 visa numbers are available for you priority date and therefore can not obtain EAD.

given the way things are going, it might be a while (at least a year or so) before Philli Backlog center starts processing 2004 RIR applications.

you may not loose much, in terms of retrogression, by filing PERM since the new priority date is within a year of your old one..

That is just my opinion anyway...

Non Rir - Eb2

NON RIR - EB2 - Boston MA- Priority date June 01 -2003. Any idea when Boston folks would get their 45 day letter? I did not get mine. Is there a way to get an insight on what date they are currently processing? is there 2 queues for RIR and NON RIR ?

You meant you still got the damn "P" in your case number? As said, there are always 10k unfairly doomed.

Anyway, you should feel lucky already for they replying your inquiry ...

chinglun said:
I gor reply from PBEC ... that is quite quick ...

I sent it last evening, and receive it just now ..

prioirty date is 7/31/2002 .

case status : RIR

no other details ... guess have to wait ...

acgv said:

Thanks!

If I were you I would probably wait till the new quota opens up and see if EB2 hasnt gone into retrogression. And in the meantime check with the new employer if they can apply for your LC through perm with the condition that you will join if EB2 doesnt go into retrogression by oct, else ofcourse you will pay for the PERM labour application. Not sure if such kind of negotiation can be done but can give it a try.
With your PD I think you will be better off with PERM. Actually its true with any PD as long as they can keep their PD and still apply in PERM.
Good luck and let us know which direction you choose.

info required

hi
congratulations!!!!!!!! to all who ever got their LC approved from PBEC.
i need some info can anybody please help me out in this if you any info.i have filed for my LC from delaware in jan 2003(RIR) , and got my stste cleared and went to f ederal in aug 2003 i.e to philadelphioa region , then from there to BEC.i got 45 days letter in feb and answered and sent back in mar 05, till now there is no info regarding my LC, iam little bit worried abt it.i am a chemist actually.
so pls can anybody tell me if anybodies LC is cleared after coming o federal state delaware region.

werner said:
PERM must be filed according to your current califications.
in my case i kept the RIR case and filed a new one for PERM, since the positions are diferent were two separate cases ( 2 tickets to win this lottery).
if you are now in the same position maybe you can not have two cases.
ask your attorney, but i'm convinced that PERm is doing much better that the PBEC
Thanks for the information. Can I try filing under PERM through Future Employement as new Case. would this be possible as I m already in the 6th Year and my 6th Year clock ends in June'2006. please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks in Advance.
Srini_md
PD: MD-04/2005.

If you can, DON'T WAIT !! dont be so stupid like others here who still wait for their 45-letter... if you're not from india etc.. you should try to be ready with your LC as soon as possible. my guess is that numbers for EB2 will be available again on oct 1st, but maybe not for long. so start moving!!!

acgv said:

Thanks!

case status=final review

ok i finally decided to give it a try too since everyone is! sent an email earlier today and got a response from pbec in less than 5 minutes. case status = final review :confused: :mad:

Hey, no one here is stupid waiting for 45-day letter, every one has his own concern and dilemma.

There is no simple answer if go for PERM or not. if you can have both PERM and BEC case, that's great. If your nationality is not subject to regression and you don't care PD, file PERM is good.

Right now EB2 is current, however one of the reasons is that DOL has been stagnant for the last couple years. Once DOL BEC suddenly starts to adjudicate cases (they have to someday, right?), there will be a some EB2 cases with early PD coming out compete for visa. It's hard to tell whether EB2 will retrogress or not by that time.

Of course you can bet on that your PERM will be approved before BEC starts to adjudicate a significant number of cases.

PD is very important for certain people and you have to always assess the situation yourself.

Slade245 said:
If you can, DON'T WAIT !! dont be so stupid like others here who still wait for their 45-letter... if you're not from india etc.. you should try to be ready with your LC as soon as possible. my guess is that numbers for EB2 will be available again on oct 1st, but maybe not for long. so start moving!!!

Processing time

Yes. There are 2 separate queues for RIR and NON-RIR.

PBEC is currently working on July 2001 RIR cases and July/Aug 2002 TR cases which made it to Regional. They are also working on the data entry for the rest of the applications including adjuducating the cases which haven't made it to regional.

sankerkr said:
NON RIR - EB2 - Boston MA- Priority date June 01 -2003. Any idea when Boston folks would get their 45 day letter? I did not get mine. Is there a way to get an insight on what date they are currently processing? is there 2 queues for RIR and NON RIR ?

Thanks schoozme and GC from NJ for your responses!

It all seems to indicate that as long as there is no EB-2 retrogression, we would be able to file I-140 and I-485 simultaneously and hopefully get EAD in 90 days... What confuses me still is even if PD is in say, 12/2005, how come this priority date will not affected when filling for I-140 and I-485??... It seems natural to think that those with earlier PD should be processed faster, but how come if I file thru PERM I would be entitled to having a visa number before anybody having filed before?... What am I missing here?

Any thoughts are appreciated... Thanks!