Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

To be eligible to get a visa number, one's LC needs to be cleared. Once you are thru' the most painful process then you can file for 140/485 together (if you are EB2). We are all stuck here bcos of the BEC blackhole which is screwing our happiness by taking ages to clear cases. PERM is a shortcut to reach the destination bypassing the regular LC process.

Hope this is clear !! :)

acgv said:
Thanks schoozme and GC from NJ for your responses!

It all seems to indicate that as long as there is no EB-2 retrogression, we would be able to file I-140 and I-485 simultaneously and hopefully get EAD in 90 days... What confuses me still is even if PD is in say, 12/2005, how come this priority date will not affected when filling for I-140 and I-485??... It seems natural to think that those with earlier PD should be processed faster, but how come if I file thru PERM I would be entitled to having a visa number before anybody having filed before?... What am I missing here?

Any thoughts are appreciated... Thanks!

i agree. but lets be honest...guys with early PD don't want to see new PERM cases being approved and taking all available EB2 numbers before they have a chance to file I-140... but this is exactly whats happening now. so dealing with DOL, waiting is the wrong answer...

fogman1 said:
Hey, no one here is stupid waiting for 45-day letter, every one has his own concern and dilemma.

There is no simple answer if go for PERM or not. if you can have both PERM and BEC case, that's great. If your nationality is not subject to regression and you don't care PD, file PERM is good.

Right now EB2 is current, however one of the reasons is that DOL has been stagnant for the last couple years. Once DOL BEC suddenly starts to adjudicate cases (they have to someday, right?), there will be a some EB2 cases with early PD coming out compete for visa. It's hard to tell whether EB2 will retrogress or not by that time.

Of course you can bet on that your PERM will be approved before BEC starts to adjudicate a significant number of cases.

PD is very important for certain people and you have to always assess the situation yourself.

Which e-mail address?

foret1 said:
ok i finally decided to give it a try too since everyone is! sent an email earlier today and got a response from pbec in less than 5 minutes. case status = final review :confused: :mad:

Foret1, which e-mail address did you use to get this information? The status, or the 7th year address? I'd also like to get my status, but I've heard that PBEC doesn't reply to status requests and I don't want to abuse the other address. Thanks.

more things to consider,

1. you may check the archive of visa bulletin, EB2 retrogression happens less often than EB3. But on the other side, nowadays is unique in history. There are 2 queues and DOL BEC just like a volcano can erupt anytime.

2. My understanding is that even you successfully file the I485, it doesn't mean you have been allocated visa quota right away. Still it depends on the visa availability when your case is up to adjudicate. So you have to consider both the PERM and INS time when you predict visa availability.

I am not sure and might be wrong on point 2.

update:
seems point 2 is valid, those are called pipeline applicant
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_retcon.html

Slade245 said:
i agree. but lets be honest...guys with early PD don't want to see new PERM cases being approved and taking all available EB2 numbers before they have a chance to file I-140... but this is exactly whats happening now. so dealing with DOL, waiting is the wrong answer...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news, i think. this confirms aprl2002's post that PBEC is processing july 2001 regional RIR cases

foret1 said:
ok i finally decided to give it a try too since everyone is! sent an email earlier today and got a response from pbec in less than 5 minutes. case status = final review :confused: :mad:

Wich email adress

foret1 said:

Hello Foret1,
Thats Great :) .
Can you tell us wich email adress did you use.
Regards

srini_md said:
Thanks for the information. Can I try filing under PERM through Future Employement as new Case. would this be possible as I m already in the 6th Year and my 6th Year clock ends in June'2006. please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks in Advance.
Srini_md
PD: MD-04/2005.
since you are under legal status you can file as many PERM request as positions are offfered to you, including your current employer but also with another company.
i believe that is much better waiting for the approval of I-485 , with a work permit on hand, which stop the clock of the H1b1 visa , you are covered until the I-485 is approved.
additional advantages are than you can apply for social security and work permits for your spouse and children.
ask to your lawyer, but not be pending of 45-day letter ( i never received), backlog centers, PD, etc . it is a big step

Let me give one suggestion, why don't you people open 5 new thread

- How to convert RIR cases to PERM
- Help me choose "stay put" to RIR or file PERM
- What is PERM
- What is retrogression
- What is EB2 and EB3, how can I switch from either

PERM has nothing to do with PBEC, I just don't get it, why people discuss that here and clobber PBEC discussion.

PERM is complex, it can't be decided or implemented just by someone's suggestion on the forum. So talk to your employer and lawyer and stop killing this thread.

To foret1

Hi foret1,

You got case status= final review from PBEC screen shot, are you the RIR case and PD is around July 2001? which state?

Thanks

to thedream

thedream said:
Hi foret1,

You got case status= final review from PBEC screen shot, are you the RIR case and PD is around July 2001? which state?

Thanks

did you take the time to go back one page and check the actual post itself? if yes, you would have seen that my signature answers all your questions already.

schmooze said:
That's good news, i think. this confirms aprl2002's post that PBEC is processing july 2001 regional RIR cases

it confirms one thing for sure! don't beleive the nice ladies at pbec. 2-3 months ago a very nice lady told me my case has been certified. i made her confirm the case number and name to make sure it was indeed me. well the screen shot i got yesterday confirms it's only in final review. so learn the lesson guys/gals or waste your time talking with them. your choice i guess.

I send an email enquire more than month back

foret1 said:
did you take the time to go back one page and check the actual post itself? if yes, you would have seen that my signature answers all your questions already.

For my H1B extension. Currently is expiring in Feb 8th , 2006. No response yet.

Called up PBEC f***ers. Said can't really help.

Anybody can suggest if I am not providing some data to them or is just that my luck is just marching south..

sending to 'H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US'

Following is my email content.

Madam/ Sir,

Would you provide me the documents that I would need to file the 7th year H1B extension?

I have to process 7th year extension for my H1B. Following is my case detail.

Filed the Alien Foreign labor certification on 09/2002.

Went to Regional DOL on 05/2003

Employer’s Name : XXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXX

Individual Name and Add : XXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXX

Filing State : GA

State DOL Case No: XXXXXX

Regional DOL Case No: XXXXXX

Alien's Name : XXXX XXXXX

Priority Date : 09/05/2002

Went to Regional : 5/12/2003

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thank You.

Name

sankerkr said:
NON RIR - EB2 - Boston MA- Priority date June 01 -2003. Any idea when Boston folks would get their 45 day letter? I did not get mine. Is there a way to get an insight on what date they are currently processing? is there 2 queues for RIR and NON RIR ?
SANKAR - my PD is jan,2003 EB3 NON RIR , Boston. My recruitment related stuff,advertisement and all is done and sent it back to SWA on 4/12/05. But guess how unlucky I am - My case went to PBEC after clearance from SWA rather than Federal because Federal,Boston is NOT taking any more cases. So after that, I got NO update --NO 45 days letter etc...

foret1 said:
it confirms one thing for sure! don't beleive the nice ladies at pbec. 2-3 months ago a very nice lady told me my case has been certified. i made her confirm the case number and name to make sure it was indeed me. well the screen shot i got yesterday confirms it's only in final review. so learn the lesson guys/gals or waste your time talking with them. your choice i guess.

foret1,
It is quite possible that your case was put into "certified" category by a processing analyst and it may now be sitting on the Certifying Officer's desk for "Final Review". I encourage you to be hopeful!!!

sk0902 said:
For my H1B extension. Currently is expiring in Feb 8th , 2006. No response yet.

Called up PBEC f***ers. Said can't really help.

Anybody can suggest if I am not providing some data to them or is just that my luck is just marching south..

sending to 'H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US'

Following is my email content.

Madam/ Sir,

Would you provide me the documents that I would need to file the 7th year H1B extension?

I have to process 7th year extension for my H1B. Following is my case detail.

Filed the Alien Foreign labor certification on 09/2002.

Went to Regional DOL on 05/2003

Employer’s Name : XXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXX

Individual Name and Add : XXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXX

Filing State : GA

State DOL Case No: XXXXXX

Regional DOL Case No: XXXXXX

Alien's Name : XXXX XXXXX

Priority Date : 09/05/2002

Went to Regional : 5/12/2003

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thank You.

Name
There used to be an automatic email right after you send email to H1b*** email address . Even that has stopped coming now. Atleast I didn't get. May be just me.

Case status = RIR

I just recieved the screenshot and one filed says case status = RIR
Does this give any indication if they started processing ?
:confused:
no_light
NY SWA PD 10/29/2002
45 day letter recieved : 06/20/2005

when did you sent the request for the screen shot.

no_light said:
I just recieved the screenshot and one filed says case status = RIR
Does this give any indication if they started processing ?
:confused:
no_light
NY SWA PD 10/29/2002
45 day letter recieved : 06/20/2005