Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

believe it or not

just received a phone call from my attorney
Labor Certification approved!!
i did apply under PERM program and my labor was approved,
it took one month to my attorney to understand the process and 2 more month for advertise, but after that, less that a month to be approved.
almost three years suuffering for this but finally is over.
i would like to thank for the support and good wishes of the members of this forum, including those which complain about talking of different topics beside PBEC Backlog ( ie. h1b1 extension, PERM, etc).
thanks to all of you and good luck

Another Mess

Guys,
I got a screenshot from PBEC today. My case is TR but screenshot says..RIR ..is it possible that they can change TR to non-RIR so is it another mess from PBEC ?

Congrats

werner said:
it took one month to my attorney to understand the process and 2 more month for advertise, but after that, less that a month to be approved.
i would like to thank for the support and good wishes of the members of this forum, including those which complain about talking of different topics beside PBEC Backlog ( ie. h1b1 extension, PERM, etc).
Was it a conversion, or new application?

USCISisMockery said:
I bet you will get yours adjudicated far before SWA with June 2003 PD. And I think thats how they should go. They should have 4 separate queues (instead of 2), SWA and regional queue for RIR and TR.
Well, if I had to dream, why not I dream of GC :)
Thanks a lot! I hope it will happen. Keep up the spirit! I am with you! :)

werner said:
new application because i'm now qualified for a better position, ask to your attorney to confirm
Did you wait for 180 Advert. and apply for PERM? Or your company posted the ad. at least half year ago?
COngra to you!
It is not a reality for me to convert to PERM (I think about it before). 180 days can lead to a PD in the middle of 06. If EB2 retrogress, I have to wait longer to apply for I485.

congrats!

CONGRATS and good luck in your next green card stages!

did u withdraw your old application from BEC when you filed the new PERM application?

werner said:

luckylucky said:
Did you wait for 180 Advert. and apply for PERM? Or your company posted the ad. at least half year ago?
COngra to you!
It is not a reality for me to convert to PERM (I think about it before). 180 days can lead to a PD in the middle of 06. If EB2 retrogress, I have to wait longer to apply for I485.

You dont need 180 days!
the process is simple, day 0, your employer place a job order with the State Work office ( takes ten minutes) , this must be posted at least 30 days + 30 days of waiting time
at the mean time ad for consecutive sundays ,between day 0 and day 30, the request ( must be placed for the employer)
employer web page ad, carreer search web page and other source ads must be placed between day 0 and day 30.
at day 60 ( 2 month after SWA job order ) is ready to apply!
i received the answer a month from the date of the filling.
stop fighthing with PBEC , use the new system, day O is today!!
check with your attorney

PERM is good for EB2 candidates as of now since there is no retrogression but post Sept. it might not hold true for EB2 candidates too. Looking at the trend of the I-485 phase, losing a prior PD will be critical as you will be waiting for a looooooong time before your PD becomes current.

Good luck for your next stages and hope you can file 140/485 together before EB2 retrogression kicks in (assuming you are an EB2 case).

werner said:
You dont need 180 days!
the process is simple, day 0, your employer place a job order with the State Work office ( takes ten minutes) , this must be posted at least 30 days + 30 days of waiting time
at the mean time ad for consecutive sundays ,between day 0 and day 30, the request ( must be placed for the employer)
employer web page ad, carreer search web page and other source ads must be placed between day 0 and day 30.
check with your attorney

Is is true than NJ do not issue reciept number when you apply for labor. When I asked for the 7 th year case extension proof, I got the case number from NJ DOL.This is almost one year back before my case moved to BEC.

State : NJ
PD : 09/2002
RIR
No 45 day letter till today

njhorrors said:
I am in the same boat. My PD is a bit earlier but no news what so ever. My lawyer says that NJ SWA does not issue any reciept number. The fedex tracking number is the only proof of filing.
There is no way of tracking where your cases is unless its entered in your system.

hope it helps.

werner said:
You dont need 180 days!
check with your attorney

Did you PERM case go to Atlanta Center instead of Chicago. Because according to member in PERM forum, even the perm cases that were filed with chicago center are stuck. People filed in May are still waiting till today.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Is is true than NJ do not issue reciept number when you apply for labor. When I asked for the 7 th year case extension proof, I got the case number from NJ DOL.This is almost one year back before my case moved to BEC.

NJ SWA would generate a reciept number only if the case has been opened and entered into the system. If its in a box, it does not generate any reference number for it. Thats what I am told.

is it fine ?

hi fogman1 ,
do you mean even we receive 45 day letter ?
we still can send the request to PBEC for a ETA number ?

or there is another place to send for this request ?

thanks

fogman1 said:
Get a status screenshot, to check the latest ETA number. It's like winning a lottery if you case turns to magic "D". :)

One thing is pretty sure, for 20k backlog in SF DOL, 10k went to Philly and 10k to Dallas. There are always 10k doomed.
[/QUOTE]

GC_from_NJ said:
PERM is good for EB2 candidates as of now since there is no retrogression but post Sept. it might not hold true for EB2 candidates too. Looking at the trend of the I-485 phase, losing a prior PD will be critical as you will be waiting for a looooooong time before your PD becomes current.

Good luck for your next stages and hope you can file 140/485 together before EB2 retrogression kicks in (assuming you are an EB2 case).
You are right. But he didn't withdraw the old LC. He applied under a different position. So, he still have old LC and this PERM, i think.
But not everybody is as lucky as him, who can have two different positions.
Also, my boss won't bother to write comments about how other U.S. citizens won't fit for the job. I don't think my company like to file PERM for me.
This is one lucky guy with a helpful boss. :) anyway, he is smart also.

Does anyone have a RIR on your screen shot (on your processing type) when you requested for your H1B extension but your processing type is Non-RIR…
Case Information

ETA Case Number: P-04288-xxxxxx
Priority Date: 04/11/2003
Processing Type: RIR -> should be Non-RIR
Case Source: Region
Employer Name: xxxx
Business Activity: xxxx
Occupation Title: xxx
Occupation Code: xxx.xxx.xxx
Rate of Pay: $ xxx/ Hourly
Prevailing Wage: $ xxx/ Hourly
Alien Name: Xxxx xxxxxxx
Visa Type:
Nationality or Citizenship: xxxxxx
Case Received Date: 10/14/2004
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Case Status: RIR

Quick question

Hi guys,

Sorry for asking this dumb question,but I need to know how long does it take from the application to the approval date for 7th Year H-1B extension(non-Premium case).

I apologize in advance for asking this question in this forum, but please do not shoot me :D

Even though he has his labor cleared thru' PERM he will not be able to use his old PD for filing 485 since it has to get the LC first. If he does not fall under retrogression then he should be able to file for 485 soon.

This discussion might be off-topic but what the heck.... ;)

luckylucky said:
You are right. But he didn't withdraw the old LC. He applied under a different position. So, he still have old LC and this PERM, i think.
But not everybody is as lucky as him, who can have two different positions.
Also, my boss won't bother to write comments about how other U.S. citizens won't fit for the job. I don't think my company like to file PERM for me.
This is one lucky guy with a helpful boss. :) anyway, he is smart also.

I will shoot you with the answer: 3 months or more.. :)

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi guys,

Sorry for asking this dumb question,but I need to know how long does it take from the application to the approval date for 7th Year H-1B extension(non-Premium case).

I apologize in advance for asking this question in this forum, but please do not shoot me :D

Me too

cherrygums said:
Does anyone have a RIR on your screen shot (on your processing type) when you requested for your H1B extension but your processing type is Non-RIR…
Case Information

I have anon-rir app and the screen shot says Case type: RIR
Another user on this forum had the same error in the screen shot.
wonder whats going on
MUD