Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Contact

If you want to contact PBEC some of the imp. contact information.

Status check on your labor application: status@PHI.DFLC.US
H1B 7th year extension: h1b7yr@PHI.DFLC.US
Address:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

gcMay2002 said:
Please can anyone let me know how do we check labor case status in BECs.

Rivertogo said:
I filed non-rir in va at dec of 2002 . I still havn't gotten 45 days letter yet. Is this normal or anyone else has the same situtation? thanks.

Please post your case details in the "BEC Priority Date Tracker" thread. See example in my signature below. Thanks!

Don't believe PBEC-lady

hopeordream said:
I called former Florida LC administrator to check my case, which is filed in Sep,2004.
I asked her why I have not got 45-letter yet. She told me PBEC is hanlding 45 letters whose PD is Jan-Feb 2004. I don't know if her information is correct.
If so, I am going to give up waiting. I am thinking of changing jobs.Having beening wating so long makes me feel LC is just a dream that never comes true.
So, I give up.
BTW, mine is EB2, RIR, never went to reginal.

They are a bunch of jokers sucking on our life. Their job is to confuse us so that their project goes for ever.... Amen.. :mad:

I never thought American system so bad and it sucks......

mamamiax said:
They are a bunch of jokers sucking on our life. Their job is to confuse us so that their project goes for ever.... Amen.. :mad:

GC_from_NJ said:
If you want to contact PBEC some of the imp. contact information.

Status check on your labor application: status@PHI.DFLC.US
H1B 7th year extension: h1b7yr@PHI.DFLC.US
Address:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

There is no way to obtain case status information from PBEC. They are not accepting any case status queries. You can ask your lawyer to initiate a inquiry with PBEC if you like.

The email address - status@PHI.DFLC.US does not provide you status.

The email address - h1b7yr@PHI.DFLC.US should be used only if you need to apply for 7th/8th.. year H1B extension to get proof that your LC is pending for over 365 days. Please do not abuse this email address.

Hey MUD,,,,recruitment instruction simply means a "go ahead" notice from DOL to lawyer to proceed with advertisement etc..for yur case then receive resumes,,,,intervie them,,,make a report and send it back to DOL..all this takes between 4-7 weeks.....once it goes back to DOL,state (now where --i don't know may be PBEC) then state clears it and send it to federal but now its all Perm so its not applicable for new labors.....For existing non RIR cases that didn't make recruitment yet and shipped to PBEC,,I don't know if recruitment etc.. is required or PBEC simply will approve the labor....

boston_LC said:
Hey MUD,,,,recruitment instruction simply means a "go ahead" notice from DOL to lawyer to proceed with advertisement etc..for yur case then receive resumes,,,,intervie them,,,make a report and send it back to DOL..all this takes between 4-7 weeks.....once it goes back to DOL,state (now where --i don't know may be PBEC) then state clears it and send it to federal but now its all Perm so its not applicable for new labors.....For existing non RIR cases that didn't make recruitment yet and shipped to PBEC,,I don't know if recruitment etc.. is required or PBEC simply will approve the labor....

What ? A SWA case was asked to go ahead with recruitment ?
I am FLOOOooored !

Junta...

juntha said:
What ? A SWA case was asked to go ahead with recruitment ?
I am FLOOOooored !

BOSTONLC didn't say that for NONRIR at SWA cases, recruitment is NOT required...
he jsut thinks it may not be reqd.
I doubt thats going to be the case.

tho' I will consider myself the luckiest eprson alive if it happens

MUD

thanks for the resp BostonLC

boston_LC said:

Why do u think that rec. wont be required for NONRIR SWA cases that did not make it to Regional?

mudra1234 said:
Why do u think that rec. wont be required for NONRIR SWA cases that did not make it to Regional?

Now we are off topic again. This is PBEC Tracking. Please keep the info relevant to thread topic.

What "Case #: T-05140-***** " means? Does it mean that the case has been assigned a Temporary Case Number? On What basis they assign this? Does it mean that they have some of the case information already keyed in the system? Assigning a case with Temporary Case number has any advantage?

'T' means temporary case no. as PBEC has not completed data entry of the application. This is usually given when one enquires about their case for the 7th year extension. They take out the relevant labor application from the boxes accumulated and input partial data to send out the snapshot of the case entered. Once the case details have been entered completely the case is assigned with a 'P' and a 45 day letter is generated.

PS: There is no advantage in assigning a case with a temporary case no.

KGC05 said:
What "Case #: T-05140-***** " means? Does it mean that the case has been assigned a Temporary Case Number? On What basis they assign this? Does it mean that they have some of the case information already keyed in the system? Assigning a case with Temporary Case number has any advantage?

The easiest thing we can do is create a FAQ in the first post of this thread with following questions answered:

1) how to get case status
2) how to get proof for h1b extension
3) what "T" in case status means
4) How can someone convert case to PERM, will it withdraw my existing application. Its really funny when attoney themselves doesn't know the sure answer and people try to give opinion about this.
5) Current status of PBEC (where they are at)
6) Whats EB2, EB3 so that people will realize that its irrelevant at this stage.

This will make our (who wants to take some initiative about PBEC) lives easier.

USCISisMockery said:
The easiest thing we can do is create a FAQ in the first post of this thread with following questions answered:

1) how to get case status
2) how to get proof for h1b extension
3) what "T" in case status means
4) How can someone convert case to PERM, will it withdraw my existing application. Its really funny when attoney themselves doesn't know the sure answer and people try to give opinion about this.
5) Current status of PBEC (where they are at)
6) Whats EB2, EB3 so that people will realize that its irrelevant at this stage.

This will make our (who wants to take some initiative about PBEC) lives easier.

there is already a sticky FAQ created by GOD_BLESS_YOU that answers all those questions. he is doing a very good job posting the latest there. so doing another FAQ might be just duplicating. the problem is that people don't bother to read through the threads and past posts.
i understand though why people don't: it's time consuming and there is a lot useless junk/crap to go through. it's easy to just ask and wait for a response. i have been guilty of doing that myself. everyone should make an effort to do some minimum searching before asking something that has been asked 5000 times already.
the ones i find most irritating are those that say things like: "i have decided to check the forum only once a month as i have a life...ok it has been a month, now tell me what is the latest...". if you decide not to check the forum regularly to be up to speed, be courteous to those that do, and read through the last posts before asking the same thing over and over again.
of course the above does’t apply to new people. they need time to become familiar with the forum and figure out where things are.

foret1 said:
there is already a sticky FAQ created by GOD_BLESS_YOU that answers all those questions. he is doing a very good job posting the latest there. so doing another FAQ might be just duplicating. the problem is that people don't bother to read through the threads and past posts.
i understand though why people don't: it's time consuming and there is a lot useless junk/crap to go through. it's easy to just ask and wait for a response. i have been guilty of doing that myself. everyone should make an effort to do some minimum searching before asking something that has been asked 5000 times already.
the ones i find most irritating are those that say things like: "i have decided to check the forum only once a month as i have a life...ok it has been a month, now tell me what is the latest...". if you decide not to check the forum regularly to be up to speed, be courteous to those that do, and read through the last posts before asking the same thing over and over again.
of course the above does’t apply to new people. they need time to become familiar with the forum and figure out where things are.
There are also people who would say "I have been a silent observer of this forum for the past year. My priority date is June 30, 2004. Can any guru here tell me when I am going to receive my LC approval?", or "ICARUS, my priority date is June 30, 2004, and I replied my 45-day letter 3 months ago. Can you tell me where I stand now?", or "GP111, can you tell me how far EB2 will regress to in Sept.?". Plain stupid or inviting scold, I don't know. But whoever answer those questions should also be blamed.

Re: Questions not relevant to the forum

**NO TRACKING INFO IN THIS POST SO YOU CAN IGNORE IT**
I have been observing our beloved thread for a long time and here are a few things that I would like to share about this ecosystem of our forum.

*The primary reason this thread was created is Backlog Elimination tracking...I am sure everyone of us knows this.

* There are some long-timers in this forum whom people have become comfortable with and , typical of being human, they tend to share a few things that cannot be called strictly "relevant to the forum". For example, when our friend Juntha got fired, there was a deluge of messages to him of empathy and noone really objected as most of us have been with him for quite some time...or when Atyagi had an issue where he wanted advise regarding whether he should go for PERM, since he is a regular member, people tried to answer him....or other people who need an outlet for abusing BEC (for the right reason) write a line or two (BEC is stupid, BEC is incompetent etc etc) noone objects cuz they have been with us for a long time.
* Then, there are new guys who have stumbled into this forum and they want an immediate answer and instead of looking at FAQs they just post their question in hope of some help.

* There is a bunch of us who are "purists" in the sense that they would not want the forum to deviate from its main topic.

If we go by the strictest sense of the name of the forum: "Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Tracking" then, at some point or the other, we have all posted things that might not have been relevant depending on our views. Just to play the devil's advocate, I might consider a lot ofUSCISISMockery's posts as irrelevant as he is not really posting any "tracking" information and there should, perhaps, be a thread for "Backlog Elimination Activists" forum where like-minded people who want to sue DOL or arrange for demonstrations etc etc should be present. For people who are posting H1B extension screenshots, perhaps, there should be another forum (by the way, I am planning to post one soon ;)).
The point is, we have to understand that the common thread that runs through us is that we all are stuck at the Phily Backlog Center and we are all human beings here and we are going to ask questions which we think are relevant to us and that we can get an answer for on this forum...if you don't think its relevant to this forum its your problem.
Your or my objecting to someone's post just cuz we think its irrelevant won't help as people are going to do what they want to and our objections are just another post that have a lifetime of a page....another page starts and our objection post is gone.

These are just my views, you may or may not agree with them, I do not intend to start a huge no. of reply posts on this..but like I said, if someone has to, they can (understanding that those replies themselves will be irrelevant to the main topic of the forum).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent to them

If not but why some people got their ETA numbers? Please explain, thanks!
QUOTE=justdoit]There is no way to obtain case status information from PBEC. They are not accepting any case status queries. You can ask your lawyer to initiate a inquiry with PBEC if you like.

The email address - status@PHI.DFLC.US does not provide you status.

The email address - h1b7yr@PHI.DFLC.US should be used only if you need to apply for 7th/8th.. year H1B extension to get proof that your LC is pending for over 365 days. Please do not abuse this email address.[/QUOTE]

approvals from PBEC

I have been silent up to now, only reading info, my LC is pending in PBEC, in our company we are few guys waiting - our layers got 2 approvals from PBEC - PDs 08/2003 and 10/2003 - TR cases that made it to the regional office in Philly, I don't have more info - so don't ask questions - I tried but it did not work - company policies. That may be a good info for the record keeping guys. Cheers.

buddy,

Since you can correctly spell the terminology, why not google "Retrogression EB2 ". You can even use the advanced option by limiting the search scope to such sites as murthy.com, immigration.com, immigration-law.com, etc.

Again, there is no such thing as stupid question. However, as an immigration applicant, we should really do some homework ourself. Immigration is no rocket science and we need to study coz we have to take care of ourself.

Thanks!

shustrik said:
:confused: Please explane what dose it means Retrogression EB2 ???
Thanks