Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Yes there is something to deduce

Deduction is that DOL is totally unreliable in what they say and what they do. Something else that we can add to our list of points.
We were told by DOL that they wont be processing any cases with any special handling criteria, it wil strictly be a FIFO approach. I think its safe to say thats a bunch of BS they put out as a PR fodder.
frog

special handling

eefrog said:
Deduction is that DOL is totally unreliable in what they say and what they do. Something else that we can add to our list of points.
We were told by DOL that they wont be processing any cases with any special handling criteria, it wil strictly be a FIFO approach. I think its safe to say thats a bunch of BS they put out as a PR fodder.
frog

That's not true, see second question from their FAQ from May:
http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf

Sorry, I stand corrected

Yeah it seems they do have a way of taking care of special handling case. I apologize for a hasty post.
DOL is not that unreliable after all :)
frog

I could not have agreed more on the incompetency of BEC's. I have written and faxed complaints to our local senators and congressmen before but did not get any response from them. Finally Washington Post decided to publish an article about the sad situation prevailing in the BEC's. I guess some active forum members have even tried to contact the author of the article... don't know what happened after that ??

As USCISisMockery mentioned we have to raise awareness among the forum, local newspapers, magazines about the apathy of BEC officials screwing us up... time and again... 7-8 months have passed and none of us have any clue how this ridiculous unit is working towards labor certification leaving us confused as hell !!!

Reporting to OIG will definitely be a positive step towards the right direction and I am willing to help as much as I can.

Cheers !!

USCISisMockery said:
I am happy to see some energy in this forum, but by looking at the past trend, its not enough.

I am trying to get support for raising awareness about this circus but because we divert to EB2-EB3, PERM and H1B topic so much, nothing gets done finally.

To really come up with something robust, we need to:

1) stop suggesting random or unrealistic (for eg. lets sue them) actions. Most of the action you can think of is been discussed, so lets stop wasting time discussing "which" action but instead focus on "how" to take action.

2) strongly discouraged EB2-EB3, PERM questions.

3) Spread our awareness effort in various forums. Best way to get attention is to put link to awareness effort in your signature.

4) Form a taskforce of 4-5 members that decides what action to take and how. Then they spread word in this forum. For example taskforce compiles list of PBEC blunders and post it here (probably in sticky thread). Then the team will set specific day/month when to call "Office of inspector general" and "Judicial watch".

5) stay focused: except you are busy with work or vacation, please visit this forum daily and post your comments.
It happened in the past that there are lot of active members who are willing to take some action and suddenly they are gone from this forum either they don't get enough support or they are discouraged by their post being ignored or submerged by PERM discussion.

6) Pull in your friends/collegues who never came to this forum.

7) If you believe something makes sense, don't just read it, post your comment. For eg. if you agree with what I am saying here, please say so.

Wonder what is this all about

zgubi said:
hi all,

I found this on the www.immigration-law.com website, as one of the breaking news. Is this related to 45 -day letters?

"As we reported earlier, the DOL and USCIS are in the process of rule making to eliminate the permanent labor certification substitution and 45-day validity cap on the certified labor certification application. The proposed rule is likely to be published in August. However, we cannot rule out the delay as affected by change in the Chief of Division of Foreign Labor Certification in DOL. Please stay tuned."

What is happening with DOL and USCIS???? Is this relating to the backlog and 45 day letter? :confused:

atyagi73 said:
Who can come up with a draft of all such issues to be shared with OIG ? Lucky I think you have a good start if you can refine these little and take frog's valid suggestions into account.
Good suggestion but I perfer not to do it this time. I am filing for National Interest Waiver now so I need to concerntrate on that. I may get approved I140 within monthes. So the labor certification is just my backup.
BTW, there is for Juntha:
As for collecting the letters from big guys, under NIW thread, there is a very good sample letter for asking big guys that you never know to compose a letter.
I emailed a modified letter to 10 biggest guys in my field, got 1 letters from Top Guns already.

It's NOT about 45-day letter from BEC.

INS and DOL are proposing that GC applicant must file 140 within 45 days after LC is approved. It aimed to reduce the abuse of substitute or illegal trading of LC.

aycy said:
What is happening with DOL and USCIS???? Is this relating to the backlog and 45 day letter? :confused:

any one filed labor from Boston

Filed my labor on 31st Jan,2003 from boston as Non RIR,Eb3......
recuitment instructions came to lawyer around feb,2005.
All the recruitment work was done and sent it back to Boston,state on 4/12/2005.

I called Boston Federal number and they say they have't received my case so most likely its gone to PBEC. Any one else is in same situation....Will my case be considered SWA or Regional as state has already cleared but it never made to federal and went directly to PBEC ......got NO 45 days letter yet...As usual, Lawyer knows nothing .....any info wud be appreciated

help ...want your opinion

I will be consulting lawyer on this but may be some of the gurus here can shed some light. Sometimes lawyer tell what is in their or company's benefit. I am in RIR/EB3 from MD (as per my signatures) with 7th year H1 extension. I have couple of options but I am not sure what would be the best.

1. Another company is offering to put me through PERM(or pre approved labor) in EB2 through FL. Is it possible ? How risky it is ? Also how is Texas center doing as compared to Vermont Center ?

2. Can I continue LC from current company and start new one through new company(ofcourse only when both companies agree) and file I140/485 through whoever gets it first. Is it legally possible ?

3. What is the mandotory time after getting GC for an employee to serve the employer who sponsered his/her GC ?

Your input and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

atyagi73 said:
I will be consulting lawyer on this but may be some of the gurus here can shed some light. Sometimes lawyer tell what is in their or company's benefit. I am in RIR/EB3 from MD (as per my signatures) with 7th year H1 extension. I have couple of options but I am not sure what would be the best.

1. Another company is offering to put me through PERM(or pre approved labor) in EB2 through FL. Is it possible ? How risky it is ? Also how is Texas center doing as compared to Vermont Center ?

2. Can I continue LC from current company and start new one through new company(ofcourse only when both companies agree) and file I140/485 through whoever gets it first. Is it legally possible ?

3. What is the mandotory time after getting GC for an employee to serve the employer who sponsered his/her GC ?

Your input and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
I heard rumors that Eb2 is going to retrogress either this month or next month. So even if you change company, it is still take years before you can get EAD (I485 pending for 180 days), i.e., you can change employer. Think about it, you change to another company, they post ad. for you for half year, then they file PERM, after it gets approved in around 1 month (just a estimate), then you cannot file I485 till your PD is current. You don't know how long you need to wait to file for I485. What I mean is: you cannot file I140 and I485 together because the retrogression of EB2, which is said to be coming soon (rumors).
I am not expert. Please use my advise at your own risk.

Oig

Regarding OIG. We can not just send them bunch of
complaints and BS. There has to be a clear case made
for abuse and waste by Exceed Inc. Ideally there would
be a whistleblower inside who would document what is
going on. For instance, people showing up late for work,
taking two hour lunches, leaving early, billing extra hours.
Or contractors billing for people who don't exist, or anything
proving and showing low productivity, incompetence or
proving that hired people don't fulfill requirements of positions
assigned to them and stuff like that. Random approvals,
late approvals, being behind Dallas is not gonna help us,
people waiting 8 years for their cases to be approved is not
gonna do it. These could be easily disputed by them. If there
was an insider documenting what is going on and I am sure
there is a lot, we could have a successful case, forcing
Exeed out of the BEC business and having some else hopefully
less corrupted taking over the operation. Flooding OIG office
with complaining letters and mails will make them ignore us
completely. We can not let it happen. There needs to be
a strong case built against Exeed and it needs to be handled
by professionals. Otherwise we are wasting our time. People
in charge Exceed have contacts and know people in DOL, that's
how they got this contract. They will dodge a weak case and
and will make our lives more miserable. Just my 5 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
fogman1 said:
It's NOT about 45-day letter from BEC.

INS and DOL are proposing that GC applicant must file 140 within 45 days after LC is approved. It aimed to reduce the abuse of substitute or illegal trading of LC.

Thats how it should be. Substitution was abused to the limit and DOL seemed to be ignoring it. Now they on right track.

PBERC is a bunch of ass holes.. who wants to make money....

MDwaiter24 said:
Regarding OIG. We can not just send them bunch of
complaints and BS. There has to be a clear case made
for abuse and waste by Exceed Inc. Ideally there would
be a whistleblower inside who would document what is
going on. For instance, people showing up late for work,
taking two hour lunches, leaving early, billing extra hours.
Or contractors billing for people who don't exist, or anything
proving and showing low productivity, incompetence or
proving that hired people don't fulfill requirements of positions
assigned to them and stuff like that. Random approvals,
late approvals, being behind Dallas is not gonna help us,
people waiting 8 years for their cases to be approved is not
gonna do it. These could be easily disputed by them. If there
was an insider documenting what is going on and I am sure
there is a lot, we could have a successful case, forcing
Exeed out of the BEC business and having some else hopefully
less corrupted taking over the operation. Flooding OIG office
with complaining letters and mails will make them ignore us
completely. We can not let it happen. There needs to be
a strong case built against Exeed and it needs to be handled
by professionals. Otherwise we are wasting our time. People
in charge Exceed have contacts and know people in DOL, that's
how they got this contract. They will dodge a weak case and
and will make our lives more miserable. Just my 5 cents.

hi

Good day everybody! I am new here but feeling right at home. This is like a suvivor's group, :) except the fact that we are not survivors, at least not yet. Or we can call it Sufferers group? It makes me breath a little eaiser to know that I am not the only one in this dark, endless tunnel. I wish, and I am sure eventually everyone will get his/her green card. But before you get your card, thank you for being here. Like it or not, years of waiting, hoping, uncertainty, anxiety has taken a major part of our lifes. :cool:

va

I filed non-rir in va at dec of 2002 . I still havn't gotten 45 days letter yet. Is this normal or anyone else has the same situtation? thanks.

Florida LC RIR dream

I called former Florida LC administrator to check my case, which is filed in Sep,2004.
I asked her why I have not got 45-letter yet. She told me PBEC is hanlding 45 letters whose PD is Jan-Feb 2004. I don't know if her information is correct.
If so, I am going to give up waiting. I am thinking of changing jobs.Having beening wating so long makes me feel LC is just a dream that never comes true.
So, I give up.
BTW, mine is EB2, RIR, never went to reginal.

? for BostonLC

boston_LC said:
Filed my labor on 31st Jan,2003 from boston as Non RIR,Eb3......
recuitment instructions came to lawyer around feb,2005.
All the recruitment work was done and sent it back to Boston,state on 4/12/2005.

I called Boston Federal number and they say they have't received my case so most likely its gone to PBEC. Any one else is in same situation....Will my case be considered SWA or Regional as state has already cleared but it never made to federal and went directly to PBEC ......got NO 45 days letter yet...As usual, Lawyer knows nothing .....any info wud be appreciated

Hey BostonLC
Can you share what the recuitment instructions were that you rcvd for your LC?
I ahve a NONRIR app too and have not rcvd any inst. as yet.
Jsut want to be emntally preped to convince my employer to do the reqd advt.
appreciate your response.

Many thanks
MUD

DBEC is approving Jan 03 PD applications

Guys,

DBEC is approving currently Jan, 03 PD cases as per ICARUS. Our great PBEC is still in Apr 2001.... it really sucks to get stuck in this PBEC ... When can we see some light in this PBEC tunnel??????? :confused: :mad:

------------------
PD : Jun 2003
RD : Feb 2004
EB2/RIR
State : PA
45 Day letter replied in Feb 2005

hopeordream said:
I called former Florida LC administrator to check my case, which is filed in Sep,2004.
I asked her why I have not got 45-letter yet. She told me PBEC is hanlding 45 letters whose PD is Jan-Feb 2004. I don't know if her information is correct.
If so, I am going to give up waiting. I am thinking of changing jobs.Having beening wating so long makes me feel LC is just a dream that never comes true.
So, I give up.
BTW, mine is EB2, RIR, never went to reginal.
the information she gave you is not correct at all. mine is Apr 2004 and i got my 45-days-letter months ago. with PD of sep 2004 you should move to PERM as soon aspossible, unless you want to be like all others here in this forum that are waiting since 2001....