Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Well if your company did TR for you,maybe you will get it too.Stay positive.

So it's clear that PBEC is just focussing currently on :

1) Data entry
2) To certian extent approving TR cases,which I guess are not many in the center.

It will be interesting to see how PBEC behaves after Sept'2005. I guess we should all go into hibernation(unless someone gets a useful info to be shared) and wait for the good in Fall.

Thanks for sharing the info.

pevetsa said:
I have been silent up to now, only reading info, my LC is pending in PBEC, in our company we are few guys waiting - our layers got 2 approvals from PBEC - PDs 08/2003 and 10/2003 - TR cases that made it to the regional office in Philly, I don't have more info - so don't ask questions - I tried but it did not work - company policies. That may be a good info for the record keeping guys. Cheers.

luckylucky said:
Good suggestion but I perfer not to do it this time. I am filing for National Interest Waiver now so I need to concerntrate on that. I may get approved I140 within monthes. So the labor certification is just my backup.
BTW, there is for Juntha:
As for collecting the letters from big guys, under NIW thread, there is a very good sample letter for asking big guys that you never know to compose a letter.
I emailed a modified letter to 10 biggest guys in my field, got 1 letters from Top Guns already.
hi, where is the thread to ask big guys you never know to write you a letter?
I searched for quite a while but didn't find it. Could you let me know where is it ? Thanks a million.

I guess PBEC have certain polictical motivation to put priority on TR. In this way, they can quickly reach cases as recent as 2003, or even 2004. They would be able to boast to their boss or regulator their seemingly pretty nice progress.

On the other hand, when confronted by angry questions of FIFO from attorny or applicant, they can claim that they're just following the rule that seperate Q for TR and RIR.

After all, they are not that stupid.

a_to_z_gc said:
Well if your company did TR for you,maybe you will get it too.Stay positive.

So it's clear that PBEC is just focussing currently on :

1) Data entry
2) To certian extent approving TR cases,which I guess are not many in the center.

It will be interesting to see how PBEC behaves after Sept'2005. I guess we should all go into hibernation(unless someone gets a useful info to be shared) and wait for the good in Fall.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Maybe you are right.

Whatever may be the case,one thing is very clear-PBEC is not going to do anything significantly different from it's current way of handling things. Many people on this thread have done so many ways to get the media/Senators/Congressmen attention to highlight this issue,but they have showed no change in their way of working.It's not that they are not aware(as you rightly mentioned),it's that they don't care...

So let's do the wise thing-Let's see how much they stick to their original statement that they should be done w/Data Entry by Sept 2005.If they do,it's good,else we have something to complain about.After all,now many of us here know which buttons to press to make ourselves heard :rolleyes:

Let's hope we all get ourselves out of this mess someday soon :p

My $0.02...

fogman1 said:
I guess PBEC have certain polictical motivation to put priority on TR. In this way, they can quickly reach cases as recent as 2003, or even 2004. They would be able to boast to their boss or regulator their seemingly pretty nice progress.

On the other hand, when confronted by angry questions of FIFO from attorny or applicant, they can claim that they're just following the rule that seperate Q for TR and RIR.

After all, they are not that stupid.

hopeordream said:
hi, where is the thread to ask big guys you never know to write you a letter?
I searched for quite a while but didn't find it. Could you let me know where is it ? Thanks a million.
It is somewhere under this http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44.
Please check it carefully.
Up to now, I wrote 20 more letters, no more responce. People said if you send to people working in company, you have a well chance to get a responce than sending it to professors. Professors are too busy to responce.
Th big guy responcing me is a top scientist from a very big company.

Labor Certification : Phili BEC

Hi,
My RIR was filed with NJ DOL in Aug 2002. I did not get my labor approval till date. I understand that my case should have moved to the Phili backlog center.
I contacted my employer and they maintain that no letter has come in from Phili BEC. Please let me know:
1. Phili BEC is processing cases as of what date?
2. Is there any way I can check my case status other than through my employer?

An early reply would be appreciated.
Regards,
Venu

Are you a EB2 or EB3, RIR or TR?

vemuriv said:
Hi,
My RIR was filed with NJ DOL in Aug 2002. I did not get my labor approval till date. I understand that my case should have moved to the Phili backlog center.
I contacted my employer and they maintain that no letter has come in from Phili BEC. Please let me know:

Regards,
Venu

My RIR was filed with NJ DOL in Sep 2002.I recently filed for a 8th year extension.I got a screen shot from Phili BEC and which says the status incomplete meaning the data not completely entered into the system. No 45 day letter also till date.

I am in the same boat as you and nobody knows when will we be out of this mess.

vemuriv said:
Hi,

Regards,
Venu

Is PBEC processing LCs at state level?

Hi,

Is PBEC processing LCs at the state level(Did not make it to Regional) for EB3 NON-RIR cases?

Thanks

Spoke to Employer's Attorney today

My RIR was filed on April, 2002 from NY.

Spoke to my Employer's Attorney she said that they have received a bunch of letters from BRC for Nov, 2001 and hopefully the data entry will finish by September end and we should start getting approvals and letters from 2002 onwards. :eek:

Could you specify the letter? Approve letter or 45 days letter.
JPMC said:

Spoke to my Employer's Attorney she said that they have received a bunch of letters from BRC for Nov, 2001 and hopefully the data entry will finish by September end and we should start getting approvals and letters from 2002 onwards. :eek:

JPMC said:

Now it seems only information from lawyers deserves our trust. They have no motivation to lie to clients. I don't believe those stupid women inside Philly. They keep giving us wrong informations. One bastard said 500 work in Dallas, another said they are moving from Regional to state for April, 01, RIR. They are either idiots or liars messing up intentionally.
If you have more information from your lawyer, please let us know.

I found this post from another site
_______
Murphy says:

Everything takes longer than you think.

If anything can go wrong, it will

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong

If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which something can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop

Everything goes wrong all at once.

Now after quoting all that let me remind you of your lousy reality:

1) H1B visas for 2006 will probably end in 4 weeks

2) PERM process will probably create a backlog with I-140's; therefore cut off dates for I-485 will develop.

3) Backlog reduction centers will deliver a hudge backlog to USCIS the next fiscal year. It is certain the amount of eligible applicants (GC) would exceed the number of available visas. Therefore it is almost not possible to get a GC within few years if the applicant applies around or by the end of 2005.

If you waited for your LC for few years - now you might end up waiting same time to be able to apply on I-485!

Sorry folks! It's time to go home!

Folks:
I lost my patience and trust in LC. If I cannot get through NIW(national Interest Waiver), then I prepare to go to Canada. I already have Canada green card. I keep seeing people in this forum being laid off. I am sure I am this kind of things more and more often in the future. So, if your PD is like me, June, 03, RIR, EB2, unless you work for a university or national lab, try to use your vacation and travel in U.S., see the landscape you long to see. Because you may get kicked off this country sooner or later. I don't think anybody give a darn about us. If you are a Christian and your country is muslim, then think of applying for religions reasons. That is much better than Labor Cert. One of my Christian friend got a letter from his father in an middle east country saying:" If you come back, I and your brothers will kill you since you betrayed our religions.". Then he applies for green card and got it.
Anyway, If you are a ph.D., apply through EB1 or NIW.
Bye bye, I am out. I am serious this time.

Are you ready for 5 to 10 years wait?

You have said it all.

If BRC approves only 180,000, half and reject the remaining half. We require over 500,000 visa number (average 3 per family). Let us assume 60% are EB3. So you need 300,000 visa numbers for EB3 alone. This will take over 7 years provided there is no priority case like nurses etc. So plan for very long haul 5 to 10 years

luckylucky said:
I found this post from another site
_______
Murphy says:

Everything takes longer than you think.

If anything can go wrong, it will

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong

If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which something can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop

Everything goes wrong all at once.

Now after quoting all that let me remind you of your lousy reality:

1) H1B visas for 2006 will probably end in 4 weeks

2) PERM process will probably create a backlog with I-140's; therefore cut off dates for I-485 will develop.

3) Backlog reduction centers will deliver a hudge backlog to USCIS the next fiscal year. It is certain the amount of eligible applicants (GC) would exceed the number of available visas. Therefore it is almost not possible to get a GC within few years if the applicant applies around or by the end of 2005.

If you waited for your LC for few years - now you might end up waiting same time to be able to apply on I-485!

Sorry folks! It's time to go home!

Last edited by a moderator:
a_to_z_gc said:
Maybe you are right.

Whatever may be the case,one thing is very clear-PBEC is not going to do anything significantly different from it's current way of handling things. Many people on this thread have done so many ways to get the media/Senators/Congressmen attention to highlight this issue,but they have showed no change in their way of working.It's not that they are not aware(as you rightly mentioned),it's that they don't care...

So let's do the wise thing-Let's see how much they stick to their original statement that they should be done w/Data Entry by Sept 2005.If they do,it's good,else we have something to complain about.After all,now many of us here know which buttons to press to make ourselves heard :rolleyes:

Let's hope we all get ourselves out of this mess someday soon :p

My $0.02...

No, not many people has contacted their senetors. You can get 100,000 responses for stupid queries like what name should be given to new-born monkey at local zoo (not kidding, lot of people responded to poll by Start Ledger about naming a baby Chimpangee, stupid newspaper), but few people rise and raise awareness about this atrocity.

We have been given timelines many times and DOL failed on every occasion.

Nothing is going to change after September if BEC doesn't increase manpower or changed methodology of adjudicating the cases.

As luckylucky said, I too fear worse now after PERM, we will see huge backlogs in 140 and 485. So new members, instead of asking same question (when I am going to get my LC) again and again, why not take matter in our hands and take some aciton.

luckylucky said:
Now it seems only information from lawyers deserves our trust. They have no motivation to lie to clients. I don't believe those stupid women inside Philly. They keep giving us wrong informations. One bastard said 500 work in Dallas, another said they are moving from Regional to state for April, 01, RIR. They are either idiots or liars messing up intentionally.
If you have more information from your lawyer, please let us know.

luckylucky,

Thats correct, our Company's Attorney mentioned the 45-days letters not the approval letters; haven't received any approval letter so far from NY/NJ with them

Apply to PERM in 6th Year on H1B

Hello Guys,

I am new to this thread, I hold 3-year B.S Degree and 2-Year M.S Degree, My 6 Years on H1-B ends in Jun'2006. I applied my Permanent Labor Certification through EB2/RIR in 2004 with the Current Employer.
1) Now, I am planning to apply through PERM with my Current Employer, Would it be any impact on the existing Regular Application(which is filed in 2004 and is at PBEC). if in case, the PERM Application gets Denied for some reason. Please advice me.
2) Can I be eligible to apply in EB2 under PERM with 3-yr and 2-yr Degree and 8years of Experience.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Srini

we are going to get some improvement soon

Now many folks are going desperate, mad, and about to do some radical things, that is good. You also see "Hi, I am new, but..." and "Hi, I am a silent viewer, now I decide to come out", that is also good.

One suggestion, don't just vent your anger here on this forum. Vent your anger by sending fax, letter (email can be ignored easily) to PBPC (don't call them elimination center) to demand fair service, to demand attention. By doing that, and only doing that (yes, You, not anyone else), you can get some results.

Peace