Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

mew73 said:
hi i am a new member need some info regarding the backlog !!!

if you reached here accidentally, just ignore what happening here in this forum, to know more about backlogs, just keep whathcing, it really take looooong time to know about backlogs, it is my 6th year in this forum, and still I have't figured it out :rolleyes:

pleaseGOD said:
First letter: BEC Center
two numberic characters specifies category: EB2 or EB3 etc
next two indicates: RIR or Non RIR
and then the your case# FIFO into that category.

Ok.. i dunno where yu found those info.

Here s how it s done.
first 2 numbers : year : 05 means 2005
following 3 numbers day of the year : 125 : 125th day of the year.
then after that it s all about numbers related to fifo or some other crap

me too..

A lot of 02 SF cases were approved in DPEC ...
no news from PBEC ...

I do not understand why they want to split SF cases 。。。

just wait 。 :confused:

dk_123 said:
I check the forum almost every day and really apprciate all the inputs here.

I was checking the Dallas BEC threads in this forum and one of the guys with Dec02 PD got his labor approved. My PD is also Dec02, in fact a few days before him. And I have no clue how long I need to wait in PBEC...anywhere between 6 months to a year or may be more.

Its amazing how 2 BECs opened at the same time can work so differently. Does the person in charge of the BECs have no clue or does he not give a f* damn. Either way we are screwed. In some countries you can bribe and get your work done. Here these guys are very truthful, unbelievably lazy and amazingly stupid.

this is good news indeed !

thedream said:
I called PBEC this afternoon, from experience, if the one picked up me call has no southern accent, I will keep talking to her, otherwise I will hang off and try again.

This lady is nice and I beleive she told me kind of truth, she said they have processed hundreds/thousands cases, they are processing cases from 2001 to 2002, RIR and TR are two different query and they process case according to the PD, not pick randomly. They are not supposed to give more details because of policy.

Next time I will try to find out which month of RIR they are working on.

Don't believe PBEC-Nice ladies, they are liers.....

thedream said:
I called PBEC this afternoon, from experience, if the one picked up me call has no southern accent, I will keep talking to her, otherwise I will hang off and try again.

This lady is nice and I beleive she told me kind of truth, she said they have processed hundreds/thousands cases, they are processing cases from 2001 to 2002, RIR and TR are two different query and they process case according to the PD, not pick randomly. They are not supposed to give more details because of policy.

Next time I will try to find out which month of RIR they are working on.

pennwaiting said:
I thought you were serious about being out of this forum, but you keep on coming back. If you cannot keep your own promise, how can expect anyone else doing that? Also, please be calm and do not use derogatory language, such as stupid, bastard, liar. It won't help. If you want to go to Canada, go there as a happy man rather than an angry man.
I know talking about NIW here is inproper and it makes somebody angry. My apologize for not being sensitive enough. Peace on earth!

juntha said:
Ok.. i dunno where yu found those info.

Here s how it s done.
first 2 numbers : year : 05 means 2005
following 3 numbers day of the year : 125 : 125th day of the year.
then after that it s all about numbers related to fifo or some other crap

Thanks Juntha - that's appears to be right. I ran some calculations and "day of the year" term is very correct. Also, I found that the day of the year is a "business day" and not the straight calendar day.

I agree.Do not rely on words from a clerk. They are supposed to be courteous and nice to whoever calls and hide the goofups happening in PBEC.

This "nice" lady is telling this to keep your spirits high,since so many frustrated people have called her and looks like she is a nice person...Hope the CO also is a nice person,which really matters :D

mew73

mew73 said:

You want to know what is backlog.... we are sitting like LOGS at BACK of the queue and hence backlog.... ;)

Update

My boss just called PBEC for me to find out my case status. Same thing, the ladies were very nice. (I listen from the speaker also, talked to 2 ladies). She said that they are currently processing year 2001 cases, my case is still in pending. At least, they confirmed that they received my 45 day letter and they process the cases by their priority date.

They suggested us to send an email to them to find out the case status details or to have a congress man to talk to them to expidite the case. (yet I don't know any congress man.)

PD-05/03
RD-08/04
45Day letter received-02/05
RIR EB3
ETA: P-04306-xxxxx :mad:

is this true

I believe somewhere I read (maybe murphy.com ) saying dont email any request except H1 extension . Otherwise it will slow down the process ...

2001 , when will 2001 become 2002 ? :mad:
and when will an official news be announced by DOL ? :mad:

NeedMyLC said:
My boss just called PBEC for me to find out my case status. Same thing, the ladies were very nice. (I listen from the speaker also, talked to 2 ladies). She said that they are currently processing year 2001 cases, my case is still in pending. At least, they confirmed that they received my 45 day letter and they process the cases by their priority date.

They suggested us to send an email to them to find out the case status details or to have a congress man to talk to them to expidite the case. (yet I don't know any congress man.)

PD-05/03
RD-08/04
RIR EB3

A clarification on ETA case Number:

P or T:
based on regular or temporary for H1B extension.
First 4 digits:
First 2 digits for months and next 2 digits for the day when current H1-B expires....
I am not positive and it may be a coincidense. My number is P-05139-2XXXX and my current H1-B petition expires on May 13th.
Can you guys check yours..if that is case.

ETA number

AbstractVision said:

P or T:
First 4 digits:
First 2 digits for months and next 2 digits for the day when current H1-B expires....
I am not positive and it may be a coincidense. My number is P-05139-2XXXX and my current H1-B petition expires on May 13th.

Mine is P-04306-xxxxx but my H1-B expires in October.

How to interpret the ETA number has been studied for a while ( 9 months), and there is already some pretty reliable conclusion based on several hundered numbers reported on this forum. Please spend some time browse the list.

In addition, H1B has nothing to do with LC. You don't have to be H1B holder to apply for LC, nor there is any H1B expiration information on ETA application.

Thanks!

AbstractVision said:

P or T:
First 4 digits:

Congressman is only to get you an expedited status.I have seen many of my friends who got expedited "status",that's it...They cannot expedite any case.

Good luck!

NeedMyLC said:

PD-05/03
RD-08/04
RIR EB3

rsiv said:
if you reached here accidentally, just ignore what happening here in this forum, to know more about backlogs, just keep whathcing, it really take looooong time to know about backlogs, it is my 6th year in this forum, and still I have't figured it out :rolleyes:

unfortunately, thats the truth.

To new member who asked about whats going on about backlog:
Aren't you ashamed to ask such question. Whatever lower priority labor certificate has in your life, still I can't believe you are so ignorant about your future. I know so many who keep on asking about backlog but they never care to actively participate in the forum. Even if you don't believe in raising awareness, you can atleast share your opinion, estimates...

Chinglun, I believe you mean you read about PBEC activities (or lack thereof) can be explained by murphy's laws as posted on murthy.com...

chinglun said:
I believe somewhere I read (maybe murphy.com ) saying dont email any request except H1 extension . Otherwise it will slow down the process ...

Just some info!! Why not a detailed thesis on the happenings? Go do some work yourself and come back with a query/point that you may not be clear about.

mew73 said:

How do you know what status you are in?

a_to_z_gc said:
Congressman is only to get you an expedited status.I have seen many of my friends who got expedited "status",that's it...They cannot expedite any case.

Good luck!

Hi, a_to_z_gc,

How do you find out your friends are in expedited "status"? Could you let me know?

PD-05/03
RD-08/04
RIR EB3
ETA: P-04306-xxxxx

a_to_z_gc said:

Good luck!

Nothing new..

Like many, I contacted local congress people, wrote to news media and contacted DOL-PBEC numerous times. My employer and lawyer's office also tried to help by contacting similar people. I personally have not heard back from anybody I contacted..

But from my employer and lawyer's account I gather the following:

- the overall impression within the US congress community is that immigration is a messy issue and willingly, hardly anybody wants to get into it unless it's a national security issue or if a spouse is separated from the other spouse because of USCIS policies or backlog..

- on paper, DOL is showing convincingly that they started BECs and PERM and allocated millions of dollar for backlog elimination and created hundreds of jobs.

- it takes time to enter 300,000+ entries in a systematic fashion (this is crazy : entering the same data twice or thrice in different systems)

- they have asked till Sept 2005 for data entry, but it is going to go beyond Sept. (so, don't expect miracle, starting Oct, 05)

- the worse part: there is no way to know the status of your application within PBEC or DBEC (I wish there were an official Icarus from the two BECs)

- there is definitely a strong lobby for H1B applicants, likes of Bill Gates, but hardly any industrial lobbyists talk about employment-based Green Card, as they want 'fresh' graduates every couple of years to fill in those H1B shoes

- the new USCIS ombudsman is doing a great job. USCIS processing-time for many categories has improved significantly in recent months

I'm not saying we should stop spreading awareness.

Does anybody know if there is any ombudsman for DOL/PBEC?

Thank you, PBEC - Philadelphia Blackhole Entropy Center :)

'entropy' - the amount of energy in a system that is no longer available for doing (mechanical) work