Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thank you for your update....
:rolleyes:
aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

PBEC currently working on July 2001 RIR cases and July/Aug 2002 TR cases which made it to Regional. As well they are also working on Data entry with rest of the applications including adjuducating the Cases whcih havent made it to regional.

Hopefully they are expecting the RIR and TR should have same processing time frames by the end of this year (2005).

Thats all folks.

DISCLAIMER: All this info is just an assement and cannot be brougth under any jurisdiction of law.

Note: It is a unjustificable and it is a joke.
aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

PBEC currently working on July 2001 RIR cases and July/Aug 2002 TR cases which made it to Regional. As well they are also working on Data entry with rest of the applications including adjuducating the Cases whcih havent made it to regional.

Hopefully they are expecting the RIR and TR should have same processing time frames by the end of this year (2005).

Thats all folks.

DISCLAIMER: All this info is just an assement and cannot be brougth under any jurisdiction of law.

I got Lc approved !!!

Hi,

Finally I see the light at the end of tunnel.
Yesterday My boss (CEO) told (verbally) the lawyer said my case is just approved.
Info:
1. Location: Virginia
2. first apply as RIR at July 2001
3. Denied by PHIL at July 2003
4. Resubmit as non-RIR at July 2004
5. Approved yesterday

My laywer has not contacted me yet. However I believe what the CEO told.

Never received 45-day letter !!!

Note: My lawyer many times consoles me that even if 6-year expires, they usually extend my H1B for 7th, 8th year. The backlog is the DOL's problem, not ours. Common sense, right ?

Aprl..if you can answer ...

Aprlc2002 ..thanks for the info. You changed the day fo your telecast :)

By the way I spoke to my lawyer. He says he has lots of RIR application for Apr'01 but he has not got approvals yet. Are they holding back the approvals?

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Thats all folks.

Finally some movement in RIR

This is great news. Some forward movement. It looks like they are processing RIR at a month every 7-10 days based on your previous posts. The glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel is slowly getting brighter.

Keep the faith. It'll be worth the wait.

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Thats all folks.

Not sure...

Congrates!!

Did you get your approval from PBEC ? I am note sure where to fit this information.

songlan said:
Hi,

Yesterday My boss (CEO) told (verbally) the lawyer said my case is just approved.
Info:
5. Approved yesterday

Note: My lawyer many times consoles me that even if 6-year expires, they usually extend my H1B for 7th, 8th year. The backlog is the DOL's problem, not ours. Common sense, right ?

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Thats all folks.

DISCLAIMER: All this info is just an assement and cannot be brougth under any jurisdiction of law.[/QUO

This is an exceptionally optimistic scenario. When some 100, 000 cases havent even been opened, this looks impossible unless PBEC does an abbreviated data entry. Lets do the math. 40 more working days to do the data entry. That would mean 2500 cases to be entered in a day. Now how much time must it enter one case. Atleast fifteen minutes. 4 in an hour. 32 in a day (assuming they actually work 8 hrs in a day) per official. So if PBEC has a staff of 80 to do data entry, this is feasible. So all abbreviated data entry would be done by Oct 15. 45 day letters would be issued and then the cases would be adjucated.

aprlc2002.... I hope your source of inside information is reliable.

Thanks for sharing the info....
do you know if these cases have also been reviewed by COs?
haven't seen any RIR approvals..

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Thats all folks.

HondaRider said:
This is great news. Some forward movement. It looks like they are processing RIR at a month every 7-10 days based on your previous posts. The glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel is slowly getting brighter.

Keep the faith. It'll be worth the wait.

There is no end to this tunnel, infact its circular tunnel with no exit. apr2002's estimates are very optimistic and with DOL kind of agency its just impossible that his estimates comes true.

DOL has to either change the way they are doing the job or has to increase manpower, otherwise its just impossible to get rid of huge backlog by end of next year. Its common sense that they can't meet this target with 50-80 people.

Question for SongLan

Congratulations Songlan,
I am happy for your and also happy to see there is at lease some progress at Philly.

Songlan, it seems that Philly and Virginia SWA kept your priority date when your RIR is denied. I have posted my situation here before, but obviously no one can help. Last year after my LC was approved at state level and sent to Philly DOL, I (for some reason which I cannot not release here yet) got to know from an authoritative source in Philly DOL that my RIR will be denied, and my lawyer at that time explained that mostly it will be returned to start as a Non-RIR case. What a sadness, and what is more, I do not want to lose my priority date and now I am still waiting for the Philly BEC to send me their final decision.

It seems that you had the same experience. So when your RIR was denied, did Philly DOL send it back to Virginia SWA? So you how long did you wait before you heard that your employer could start recruitment for NON-RIR? How complicated this procedure could be?

I am just wondering here: basically the state SWA no longer deals with Permanent LC anymore, so what will my case go if the RIR got denied?

My lawyer closed out her business shortly after we heard the bad news, and my employer signed my 45-day letter back in March. But some friends and one lawyer I contacted said I still have chance to get the RIR approved, not only because the person who handles my case will be different than the person who warned us about the denial, but denying an RIR and sending it back for NON-RIR revolves more work than simply approving it. So some people say I should still wait and hold on to see the actual result. What would you think?

I know my situation is hard to say, but I still want to get some inputs from guys and gals here.

songlan said:
Hi,

Info:
5. Approved yesterday

really

Does this mean they have to process RIR much faster and TR slower so they can be in the same time frame ?

I think it is tough ...

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Thats all folks.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update...

Any news on RIR cases that made it to the Regional?

aprlc2002 said:
Hi All,

Thats all folks.

They are not processing FIFO as PD for all applications, They are processing FIFO in specific category, like RIR-EB2 is one category and RIR-EB3 is another and so on... thus it may sound like they are not processing purely with PD ordering.

antonioa77 said:
this FIFO thing doesn't make lot of sense, Atlanta Dol is still at april 2003 and chicago at dec 2003. what a FIFO!!!! r u sure it is not a LIFO=last in first out?

DOl is really going nowhere with all those "against logic plans".

Ray S. said:
Hello! All

My labor has been certified. Sent an email to H1B7YR" <H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US> for 8th year extension case status request and got back my certification! Philly case transferred to Dallas.

Case Information:

Philly Case#: P-XXXXX-XXXXX

45 Days Letter: 02/07/2005

ETA Case Number:
D-XXXXX-XXXXX
Priority Date:
07/29/2002

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
X
Business Activity:
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

Occupation Title:
SOFTWARE ENGINEER APPLICATIONS
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
$ X / Yearly
Prevailing Wage:
$ X / Yearly

Alien Name:
X
Visa Type:
H-1B

Case Received Date:
11/16/2004
Processing Center:
Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

Case Status:
Certified

Thanks
/Ray
Was your case actually transferred from Philly to Dallas? And it has both Philly ETA num and Dallas ETA num. What a shock! Anyway, congratulations and good luck.

Congratulations!... good luck for next stages,

Ray S. said:
Hello! All

My labor has been certified. Sent an email to H1B7YR" <H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US> for 8th year extension case status request and got back my certification! Philly case transferred to Dallas.

Case Information:

ETA Case Number:
D-XXXXX-XXXXX
Priority Date:
07/29/2002

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
X
Business Activity:
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
$ X / Yearly
Prevailing Wage:
$ X / Yearly

Alien Name:
X
Visa Type:
H-1B

Case Received Date:
11/16/2004
Processing Center:

Case Status:
Certified

Thanks and good luck to all!
/Ray

Ray,

you must be from CA, SF DOL, right?

how come your case transfer to Dallas?

You got 45-day letter from Philly?

You replied the 45-day letter to Philly?

What else did you do?

Thanks!

Ray S. said:
Hello! All

Case Information:

ETA Case Number:
D-XXXXX-XXXXX
Priority Date:
07/29/2002

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name:
X
Business Activity:
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
$ X / Yearly
Prevailing Wage:
$ X / Yearly

Alien Name:
X
Visa Type:
H-1B

Case Received Date:
11/16/2004
Processing Center:

Case Status:
Certified

U.S. Department of Labor
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Thanks and good luck to all!
/Ray

Congratulation, man!

Very dramatic news for CA cases unfairly stuck in Philly black hole. Don't you feel suprised that your case being processed by Dallas and got a new case number? Do you have any idea why your case being transfered to Dallas?

Are you sure you case is an average case, like RIR, software engineer, smoothly went through SWA, Regional, Philly BEC? Please confirm.

If you recall anything special, please let us know. If it's an average sase, it really bodes well for CA regional cases.

Thanks!

Ray S. said:
Thanks All!

My case is from SFO (California) - LA based company. I sent my 45 day letter to Philly in Feb 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Ray S. !

I have a PD Nov.2002 and labor (RIR, EB2 ) got transferred from SFO DOL to Phily BEC (one of those 10000 souls that landed at Phily ) .Replied to 45-day letter sometime around March 2005.

Is there a story developing ? Somebody sympathetic
to slow progress at Phily transferring cases from phily
BEC to Dallas BEC ( where the progress is better ) ?
If so , i feel better :)

Last edited by a moderator:
please post first few digits your case number on 45 letter

Is it P something
or D something ... how can you have both ?? Two 45 day letters ?

eg, mine is P-04307 .... reply to PBEC in FEB too .

this is indeed exciting new if it is from PBEC。 :)

Ray S. said:
Hello! All

Case Information:

ETA Case Number:
D-XXXXX-XXXXX
Priority Date:
07/29/2002

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Employer Name: